PDA

View Full Version : Steelers QB Roethlisberger believes Bengals' Burfict tried to hurt him

polamalubeast
12-15-2015, 11:20 AM
Add Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to the ever-growing list of those believing that Cincinnati linebacker Vontaze Burfict is a dirty player.

Roethlisberger on Tuesday said that he believes that Burfict intentionally dove at his lower leg during a pass rush during Sunday's 33-20 win over the Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium.

“I don't buy that he was pushed,” Roethlisberger said during his weekly segment on KDKA-FM. “He definitely was diving in low and going for my legs. It's tough. I am just glad I didn't get hurt.”

Burfict wasn't penalized on the play. Roethlisberger already missed action this year with knee and foot injuries.

Roethlisberger said that he initially didn't think very much of the play because Burfict told Roethlisberger that he was pushed into his legs after the play was over.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9634652-74/roethlisberger-game-burfict#ixzz3uPXrGz00
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

hawaiiansteeler
12-15-2015, 12:14 PM
Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict

Jeremy Fowler, ESPN Staff Writer

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2015%2F1213%2Fr35571_1296x729_16% 2D9.jpg&w=570

Teammates hold back Cincinnati's Vontaze Burfict as he argues with members of the Steelers during a pregame scuffle at midfield.

PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger isn't buying Vontaze Burfict's excuse for his low helmet hit on the Steelers quarterback.

Burfict, the subject of the Steelers' recent ire, dove for Roethlisberger's ankles after he released the ball during the first half of the Steelers' 33-20 win Sunday over the Bengals.

Burfict was not penalized on the play but could be fined by the league.

Also, Burfict appeared to celebrate a knee injury to Le'Veon Bell in the teams' Nov. 1 game, and he appeared to start Sunday's pregame scuffle that involved several players from both teams.

During his weekly appearance with Pittsburgh's 93.7 The Fan, Roethlisberger recalled Burfict telling him on the field that he got pushed into him. He said Burfict told him, "My bad."

Roethlisberger watched the clip after the game.

"I don't buy he was pushed," Roethlisberger said. "I think he was definitely diving low for my legs."

The Steelers-Bengals rivalry reached a boiling point Sunday with several after-the-whistle fights in the first half. Roethlisberger said the game featured more in-game chippy play than he can remember, "stuff that was kind of unusual."

AFC North rivalries are always heated but should be controlled, Roethlisberger said.

"There's got to be a level of professionalism when you play," Roethlisberger said.

The Bengals were especially fired up, with cornerback Adam 'Pacman' Jones releasing a not-safe-for-work Instagram post on Sunday trashing the Steelers.

Asked if the Steelers are in the Bengals' heads, Roethlisberger said, 'I'm not going to say that, but I won't disagree with you.'"

to read rest of article:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14373347/pittsburgh-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-buy-excuse-cincinnati-bengals-vontaze-burfict

fansince'76
12-15-2015, 12:20 PM
Burfict was not penalized on the play but could be fined by the league.

:rolleyes:

Yeah. I won't be holding my breath...

steelreserve
12-15-2015, 12:25 PM
Most of the other similar plays this year, I was willing to chalk up to plain bad luck, or at least give the opponent the benefit of the doubt. Not this asshole, though. All game, he was looking to do nothing but cause shit and start fights. Fuck that idiot.

zulater
12-15-2015, 01:24 PM
The only one outside of Cincinnati that wont see that hit as dirty is Roger Goodell.

ALLD
12-15-2015, 01:36 PM
Do that to the Patriots and there will be yellow flags thrown like a ticker tape parade.

salamander
12-15-2015, 01:48 PM
He won't get fined. Goodell will make sure of it.

HollywoodSteel
12-15-2015, 01:52 PM
Do that to the Patriots and there will be yellow flags thrown like a ticker tape parade.

Now you've done it. Now Craic is gonna show up to counter your objective, non conformation-biased as far as you know, FACTS from the actual GUT, with his statistics and math and crap. Like you were Bengals fan who didn't even know that you're not really a Bengals fan.

(I'm just messing with you 'cause I respect you, ALLD. We all wear black and gold goggles around here. You should hear me on game day. I've screamed that exact same thing at the tv too many times to count.)

JKLTO
12-15-2015, 11:22 PM
Now Craic is gonna show up.

Better Craic than TeeTee.

Craic
12-16-2015, 02:41 PM
Now you've done it. Now Craic is gonna show up to counter your objective, non conformation-biased as far as you know, FACTS from the actual GUT, with his statistics and math and crap. Like you were Bengals fan who didn't even know that you're not really a Bengals fan.

(I'm just messing with you 'cause I respect you, ALLD. We all wear black and gold goggles around here. You should hear me on game day. I've screamed that exact same thing at the tv too many times to count.)

:noidea:

Guess somebody's cornflakes had yellow milk this morning.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the other similar plays this year, I was willing to chalk up to plain bad luck, or at least give the opponent the benefit of the doubt. Not this asshole, though. All game, he was looking to do nothing but cause shit and start fights. Fuck that idiot.

It's probably the most clear-cut case I've seen all year against the Steelers. Heck, it's even more evident than Suh's stupidity.

hawaiiansteeler
12-16-2015, 03:02 PM
http://tstos.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/roger-goodell-nfl-logic.jpg?w=700

HollywoodSteel
12-19-2015, 06:48 PM
:noidea:

Guess somebody's cornflakes had yellow milk this morning.

- - - Updated - - -

That was actually sarcasm, wherein the text admonishes you, objective facts, and even math; the subtext is meant to be inferred as the exact opposite. It was actually a friendly dig ALLD's comment for most likely being a result of confirmation bias with a sprinkle of some homerism (but not at all a dig at ALLD, as I can relate to emotional reactions, and have been guilty of many before waking up the next day and laughing at myself).

I was really just trying to anticipate your (Craic's) response and call it (since I totally agreed with what I anticipated you'd probably say).

If it came off as bitter or angry (as you seemed to infer with your yellow milk comment) than I apologize for the lack of clarity. But I assure you, my tongue was firmly in cheek and my cereal was uncontaminated.

ALLD
12-19-2015, 07:11 PM
I have seen some bad officiating that was so bad it looked like the NFL had an agenda or the refs were betting. When I played baseball as a kid there was one ump who used to call his son's games. They lived right down the street from me and the son played for a different team. Needless to say when we played and the dad umped he cheated on everything from pitching to calling a base runner safe who got tagged out 10 feet from the bag!

I am not saying everybody cheats, but it goes on even among the refs for whatever reason, $ FF or anything.

st33lersguy
12-19-2015, 09:28 PM
It is clear that Barfass intended to hurt Ben