PDA

View Full Version : Steelers-Ravens kickoff time has changed

polamalubeast
12-15-2015, 06:18 AM
Kickoff for the Steelers-Ravens game on Dec. 27 in Baltimore has been changed to 1:00 p.m.

Kickoff for the Steelers-Ravens game originally scheduled for Sunday, Dec. 27 at 8:30 p.m. in Baltimore has been changed to a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff time.

The Steelers-Ravens game, played at M&T Bank Stadium, will be telecast by CBS.

The NFL made the change as a part of the league’s flex scheduling policy. The league is moving the New York Giants-Minnesota Vikings game to the 8:30 p.m. slot on Sunday Night Football.

In a related note, the Steelers-Broncos kickoff time for this Sunday, Dec. 20, will remain at 4:25 p.m. and will be on CBS, as the network protected the game.

There is still a chance that the Steelers-Browns game on Sunday, January 3, at 1 p.m. could be flexed.

read more

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Ravens-kickoff-time-has-changed/d40e817c-1c59-4e07-a885-d7a2646397f5

Drazo85
12-15-2015, 07:43 AM
Thank you dear Lord. It's unbearable to watch night games and then go to work in morning. In my timezone night game starts at 2:30 am.

BigNastyDefense
12-15-2015, 09:06 AM
The only thing that sucks about flex scheduling is when people are traveling to a game it really screws up your travel plans.

If you're flying you have to often try to change your flight if you're not coming in the day before. Luckily I'm not traveling to any games, but I feel for those who had plans to go to Baltimore for this game (especially since many Ravens fans are probably trying to unload their tickets).

teegre
12-15-2015, 10:28 AM
I host all of the night games (since I have very young kids).

I drive to my parents' house for day games.

Since, on the 27th, my living room will be in the middle of construction, this actually works out well for me (although, I do enjoy hosting).

Craic
12-15-2015, 01:31 PM
The only thing that sucks about flex scheduling is when people are traveling to a game it really screws up your travel plans.

If you're flying you have to often try to change your flight if you're not coming in the day before. Luckily I'm not traveling to any games, but I feel for those who had plans to go to Baltimore for this game (especially since many Ravens fans are probably trying to unload their tickets).

It's why I always try to arrive a day or two early, and leave a day or two after. In other words, I make it my vacation time when I go. Unfortunately, it's been a few years since I've flown to Pittsburgh.

The truth of the matter is, the NFL—for all its supposed business and media savvy—runs as if it is 1950 when it comes to understanding team loyalty and the reality of travel. Here's a hint, NFL, now-a-days, people move outside their city, their state, their nation at a whim. You'd think such a media maggot as the NFL (yes, I said that correctly) would realize it and adjust a number of things accordingly.

Edman
12-15-2015, 04:51 PM
First time since 2008 Steelers/Ravens didn't play on Sunday Night Football.

st33lersguy
12-15-2015, 05:46 PM
I am glad I don't have to wait all day for this game

86WARD
12-15-2015, 06:10 PM
Good job Giants. Only two things worse than the Sunday Night games are the Monday Night games and the Thursday Night games...

Craic
12-15-2015, 09:18 PM
First time since 2008 Steelers/Ravens didn't play on Sunday Night Football.

Typical Ravens. They screw everything up.

Kent
12-16-2015, 06:58 PM
Anybody have any info on why or when they would flex the Browns/Steelers game? I have tickets it to the game so I hope it doesn't move into a night game.

fansince'76
12-16-2015, 07:01 PM
Anybody have any info on why or when they would flex the Browns/Steelers game? I have tickets it to the game so I hope it doesn't move into a night game.

I don't think they would. :noidea:

tube517
12-16-2015, 07:29 PM

Probably won't know until 12 days before the game. I think that is the timeframe they have to make any changes.

http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules