PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers are scary ... if they can get in

hawaiiansteeler
12-14-2015, 12:19 PM
The Steelers are scary ... if they can get in

John Clayton, ESPN Senior Writer

http://a4.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2015%2F1213%2Fr35606_1296x729_16% 2D9.jpg&w=570

CINCINNATI -- It seemed so innocent at first, but it could mean so much. Trailing by a touchdown with 5:06 remaining in the first quarter, Andy Dalton tried a strange shovel pass to halfback Giovani Bernard from the Pittsburgh 4-yard line. Steelers defensive end Stephon Tuitt read the play and picked off the throw. While trying to tackle Tuitt, Dalton fractured his right thumb. We don't know whether he'll play another down this season, but if he does, it won't be soon.

Dalton's absence all but sealed Cincy's fate, and that one play might have the biggest impact of any in the 2015 season to date, especially if the Steelers keep this up.

At 8-5, the Steelers are still a potential playoff team -- and you don't want to play the Steelers. Ben Roethlisberger is on fire, the receiving corps is virtually unstoppable, and halfback DeAngelo Williams found the fountain of youth in Pittsburgh.

"We can be as dangerous as can be, especially the offense and the way the defense is coming along strong," Antonio Brown said. "We can be the team to reckon with."

The Dalton play brought back memories of the 2005 playoffs. The Bengals won the division. The Steelers were the wild-card team. On the first play of the game, Steelers defensive lineman Kimo von Oelhoffen crashed into Carson Palmer's leg and tore Palmer's ACL and MCL. With Palmer out for the playoffs, the Steelers won the game and eventually beat the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl.

Minus Dalton, the circumstances feel similar, and if Pittsburgh can beat the Broncos next week, watch out. The Steelers finish against Baltimore and Cleveland. With the Seahawks, they might be the most feared teams in the playoffs, even though each might be a wild card.

Dalton was the headline in the Steelers' 33-20 win over Cincinnati, but Roethlisberger is the story. He's hot. Even though the offensive players thought they left points on the field, the Steelers scored 33 against the league's No. 1 defense in points allowed -- 26 if you drop an interception return for a score by William Gay. It was the fifth straight week the Steelers have scored at least 30 points.

Pittsburgh isn't yet a lock to make the playoffs, but the NFL needs to be on guard. The Steelers are the team you don't want to run into.

to read rest of article:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14362111/the-pittsburgh-steelers-team-wants-run-january-nfl

polamalubeast
12-14-2015, 01:45 PM
Win the last 3 games and the steelers are IN!

86WARD
12-14-2015, 05:55 PM
Getting hot when you want a team to be hot. As long as they beat Denver and don't have a brain fart against the Ravens or Browns, they will be in great shape. Hopefully all,the injuries and distractions are out of the way...

salamander
12-14-2015, 06:54 PM
3 more games left...anything can happen.

ALLD
12-14-2015, 07:07 PM
What about the Ravens?

st33lersguy
12-14-2015, 07:19 PM
They need to get in first and that is no sure thing. First the Broncos will be tough, especially coming off a loss, and don't think playing the Steelers will be the Rats Super Bowl.

hawaiiansteeler
12-14-2015, 07:50 PM
AFC playoff picture: Patriots in, five good teams vie for four spots

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 14, 2015

Here are the three things you need to know about the AFC playoff race: The Patriots are in. Five good teams are vying for four other playoff spots. And someone has to win the AFC South.

This is the way the playoff race shapes up through Week 13:

LEADERS
1. Patriots (11-2): New England has clinched a playoff berth and has the inside track for home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs.

2. Bengals (10-3): For now Cincinnati has the tiebreaker over Denver, but that will be decided when the teams meet in Week 16.

3. Broncos (10-3): If Denver wins out it gets a first-round bye.

4. Colts (6-7): Someone has to win the AFC South, and right now that “someone” looks like the Colts — potentially with third-stringer Charlie Whitehurst at quarterback.

5. Chiefs (8-5): Kansas City owns the conference record tiebreaker over the Jets and Steelers

6. Jets (8-5): New York currently owns the AFC record tiebreaker over Pittsburgh.

OUTSIDE LOOKING IN
7. Steelers (8-5): If Pittsburgh wins out it’s in the playoffs, even if the Jets and Chiefs win out, too.

AFC SOUTH CONTENDERS
Texans (6-7): Houston can move into first place with a win in Indianapolis on Sunday.

Jaguars (5-8): Jacksonville is a long shot, but if the Jaguars can get to 8-8, that may be enough to win their terrible division.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/14/afc-playoff-picture-patriots-in-five-good-teams-vie-for-four-spots/

ALLD
12-14-2015, 07:54 PM
If I was Tomlin I would ask the team, "Do you want to make history?"

JKLTO
12-14-2015, 08:42 PM
I've been hesitant to say this, because I don't really want to jinx anything - but - I just have this really strong feeling that this is a truly special group of football players this year. And I can't help but to honestly believe that, against all odds, they're going to get to the Super Bowl this year and win it all.

There, I said it. :plane:

zoneblitzerII
12-15-2015, 01:14 AM
I think they need the division title to get in. They're not in great shape for the wildcard. They'll need to take care of their business and get some luck.

Count Steeler
12-15-2015, 05:01 AM
I think they need the division title to get in. They're not in great shape for the wildcard. They'll need to take care of their business and get some luck.

If Steelers win out, they are in. Doesn't matter if KC and the Jets win out as well. We beat Jets in tiebreaker if both teams win out.

86WARD
12-15-2015, 05:26 AM

Don't need the luck. They just need to win.

SteelerFanInStl
12-15-2015, 07:33 AM
Don't need the luck. They just need to win.
Yep, no luck needed this year. If we won our games, it doesn't matter what the other teams do.

steelreserve
12-15-2015, 10:52 AM
Basically, the Denver game is the season. If we lose that, we're in tiebreaker hell. That's how you end up relying on things like the Raiders and Bills both winning in Week 17, plus some other team that's resting all its starters because its playoff seed is locked in.

Sucks that we basically need to go 11-5 to be assured of making it, when for other teams it's 10-6. So we have Josh Scobee to thank for that. Choking away that goddamn Ravens game cost us just about every tiebreaker there is. I guess you could also swap that with the first Bengals game and blame it on the Haley Turtle.

Psycho Ward 86
12-15-2015, 11:14 AM
if i recall correctly, we can still lose this game and beat the ravens and browns to get in as long as the jets lose to the patriots

polamalubeast
12-15-2015, 11:15 AM
if i recall correctly, we can still lose this game and beat the ravens and browns to get in as long as the jets lose to the patriots

or bills

steel striker
12-15-2015, 11:24 AM
Yep win the last three games and, it does not matter what the rest of the teams do!

steelreserve
12-15-2015, 12:08 PM

Do you really want to be rooting for the Patriots?

Besides, whatever it is that we need New England to do, I'm sure they'll fuck it up for us.

Nadroj 20
12-15-2015, 12:57 PM
Guys, explain to me how we are in if everyone wins out.

Jets record would be 8-4 in the AFC and so would the Steelers. As of now the Jets are ahead of us because they are 6-4 and the Steelers are 5-4 in the AFC.

Where does it go to after conference record?

- - - Updated - - -

If Steelers win out, they are in. Doesn't matter if KC and the Jets win out as well. We beat Jets in tiebreaker if both teams win out.

How?

Nadroj 20
12-15-2015, 01:04 PM
I found the answer to own question.

We would be 3-1 with common opponents and the Jets at best can go 3-2.

Thanks NADROJ!

ALLD
12-15-2015, 01:39 PM
I would not put it past Belichek to sit most of the starters if it were to keep the Steelers out, not that the Pats ever had a problem beating us. They pilfer our PS and tape signals, sitting starters would be easy.

teegre
12-15-2015, 01:55 PM
Dan Le Betard was talking about how the Pittsburgh Steelers are the one team that no one wants to face. Not the 13-0 Carolina Panthers. Not the defending champion New England Taperiots. Teams do not want the Steelers to make the playoffs.

He he also averred that Roethliberger-to-AB is the most difficult play to stop (surpassing Brady-to-Gronk).

Edman
12-15-2015, 02:44 PM
Guys, explain to me how we are in if everyone wins out.

Jets record would be 8-4 in the AFC and so would the Steelers. As of now the Jets are ahead of us because they are 6-4 and the Steelers are 5-4 in the AFC.

Where does it go to after conference record?

- - - Updated - - -

How?

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.

Supposedly the Steelers have an advantage over the Jets in these.

Psycho Ward 86
12-15-2015, 03:02 PM
Do you really want to be rooting for the Patriots?

Besides, whatever it is that we need New England to do, I'm sure they'll fuck it up for us.

haha no id rather get run over. just covering some of the other next-likely scenarios

Nadroj 20
12-15-2015, 03:29 PM
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.

Supposedly the Steelers have an advantage over the Jets in these.

You are correct and I figured out it was the common games tie break.

86WARD
12-15-2015, 08:16 PM
I found the answer to own question.

We would be 3-1 with common opponents and the Jets at best can go 3-2.

Thanks NADROJ!

Common opponents comes before the Conference records too.

Nadroj 20
12-17-2015, 01:16 PM
Common opponents comes before the Conference records too.

I'm pretty sure you have it backwards.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.
Two Clubs

Head-to-head, if applicable.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in conference games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

86WARD
12-17-2015, 06:41 PM
I'm pretty sure you have it backwards.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

You're right for Wildcard. I was thinking Division.

JKLTO
12-18-2015, 07:41 AM
If the Steelers can simply get into the playoffs this year, I truly believe that they will win it all. I feel like this team thrives on seasons like this one - the constant adversity only makes them stronger and stronger. They just gotta get in...

hawaiiansteeler
12-18-2015, 11:08 AM
Labriola on Week 15, implications

Bob Labriola
Steelers.com

A look at some of the Week 14 games that could impact the Steelers' playoff chase.

SATURDAY NIGHT
NEW YORK JETS (8-5) at DALLAS COWBOYS (4-9)

STANDINGS
Jets are second in AFC East
Cowboys are fourth in NFC East

CONFERENCE RECORD
Jets 6-4
Cowboys 3-8

Skinny: Jets are currently on a three-game winning streak, but the Cowboys have won 2 of the last 3 games in this series … During the Jets’ winning streak, QB RYAN FITZPATRICK passed for 930 yards with 9 TDs vs. 0 INTs for 111.5 rating. In past 10, DE MUHAMMAD WILKERSON has 10.5 sacks & 2 FF, incl. 3 sacks & FF last week … Dallas LB SEAN LEE had 11 tackles, INT & FR in last game vs. NYJ. Leads team with 105 tackles. Has 12 INTs since entering NFL in 2010, most by LB.

Impact on the Steelers: The Jets don’t have to lose any games the rest of this season for the Steelers to make the playoffs, but it wouldn’t hurt if they did anyway. If the Steelers, Chiefs, and Jets all win out to finish 11-5 – as unlikely as that seems – the Steelers would win the common games tiebreaker over the Jets. There could be some other factors involved, but right now the deciding factor in the Steelers beating the Jets in the common games tiebreaker are the teams’ respective results against Oakland. The Steelers defeated the Raiders, but the Jets lost by two touchdowns in Oakland on Nov. 1.

SUNDAY AFTERNOON
KANSAS CITY (8-5) at BALTIMORE (4-9)

STANDINGS
Chiefs are second in the AFC West
Ravens are third in the AFC North

CONFERENCE RECORD
Chiefs 7-2
Ravens 3-6

Skinny: It’s now a seven-game winning streak for the Chiefs, and their final three opponents enter this weekend a combined 13-26. The Ravens have won the last three meetings in this series, and Coach John Harbaugh is undefeated vs. Kansas City. Kansas City is 1 of 2 teams in NFL history to win 7 consecutive games immediately following 5 losses in row (1970 Bengals). Last week, QB ALEX SMITH threw 1st INT after attempting 312 passes without an INT, 2nd-longest streak in NFL history.

Impact on the Steelers: Since there are two Wild Card spots, the Steelers don’t have to be overly concerned about the Chiefs, but that has to do with simply qualifying for the postseason. It’s also worth remembering that there’s more than one round to the playoffs. If the Chiefs win out, the Steelers could enter the playoffs only as the No. 6 seed, which means a game most likely in Denver or in Cincinnati. If the Chiefs lose at least one game and the Steelers are able to enter the playoffs as a No. 5 seed, that would mean a game at Indianapolis or in Houston. The Steelers may not need the Chiefs to lose a regular season game to get into the playoffs, but the Chiefs losing a regular season game could mean a more favorable matchup for the Steelers in the Wild Card Round of the playoffs. As strange as it seems to type these words: go, Ravens.

HOUSTON (6-7) at INDIANAPOLIS (6-7)

STANDINGS
Texans are tie-for-first in AFC South
Colts are tied-for-first in AFC South

CONFERENCE RECORD
Texans 4-5
Colts 4-5

Skinny: If the Texans win for the first time in franchise history in Indianapolis, they would have the inside track to the division title. Houston’s final two games are at Tennessee and vs. Jacksonville. The Colts finish at Miami and then vs. Tennessee. This game – and maybe the champion of the AFC South – could be determined by a game in which the opposing quarterbacks are T.J. Yates for Houston and Charlie Whitehurst for Indianapolis.

Impact on the Steelers: Not much, unless the Steelers are able to get into the playoffs as a No. 5 seed, which would require losses by both the Chiefs and the Jets over the final three weekend of the regular season. It seems a virtual lock that the No. 5 seed will visit the AFC South Division champion, which most likely will be one of these two teams.

BUFFALO (6-7) at WASHINGTON (6-7)

STANDINGS
Bills are third in AFC East
Redskins are tied-for-first in NFC East

CONFERENCE RECORD
Bills 6-5
Redskins 6-4

Skinny: If the Bills lose, and two of the teams within the group of Jets, Steelers, and Chiefs win, then Buffalo would be eliminated from playoff contention because the best it could finish would be 8-8, and New York, Pittsburgh, and Kansas City all would have nine wins … Redskins QB KIRK COUSINS has won 5 of past 6 starts at home. In past 6 at home, has 11 pass TDs, 0 INTs with 118.1 rating & 3 rush TDs. Has 8 pass TDs, 2 INTs & 114.9 rating along with 2 rush TDs in past 5.

Impact on the Steelers: Potential elimination game for the Bills. It’s Week 15, and therefore time to start taking out the trash.

CINCINNATI (10-3) at SAN FRANCISCO (4-9)

STANDINGS
Bengals are first in AFC North
49ers are fourth in AFC West

CONFERENCE RECORD
Bengals 8-2
49ers 3-7

Skinny: By losing to the Steelers, Cincinnati was knocked out of the No. 1 seed in the AFC, and the Bengals have a Monday night game in Denver to close out Week 16. The Bengals will depend on QB A.J. McCarron until Andy Dalton’s right thumb heals. In past 11, WR A.J. GREEN has 68 catches for 1,061 yards & 7 TDs, incl. 6 catches for 132 yards & TD last week. Has 4 TDs in past 3 & aims for 4th in row with TD. 1 of 2 players in NFL history with 5 consecutive 1,000-yard rec. seasons to begin career (RANDY MOSS, 6).

Impact on the Steelers: Can the Bengals play poorly enough to blow a two-game lead in the AFC North Division with three games to play? If Cincinnati loses this game, then next week brings a trip to Denver for a Monday night game. This week, Cincinnati clinches the AFC North with a Steelers loss. Cincinnati also clinches a playoff spot with a win, or a Jets loss, or a Chiefs loss. Losing to the 49ers, even in San Francisco, seems to be a tall order, and until that happens it almost has to be assumed the Bengals will win the AFC North. If they lose to the 49ers, then we’ll start calculating the other possibilities.

http://www.steelers.com/news/labriola-on/article-1/Labriola-on-Week-15-implications/f593674d-02de-42b0-824a-b251bb843f40

hawaiiansteeler
12-20-2015, 12:25 AM
Jets survive a close one, stay in wild card race

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 19, 2015

The Jets didn’t always look like a playoff team tonight in Dallas. But in the end, they did just enough to survive and remain in the AFC wild card race.

The Jets’ win over the Cowboys improved their record to 9-5, which currently puts them in the lead in the three-way wild card race with the Chiefs and Steelers, both of whom can also improve to 9-5 on Sunday. The Jets don’t control their playoff destiny — if the Chiefs and Steelers both win out, the Jets will be left out of the playoffs — but they needed this one, and they got it.

It wasn’t easy. The Jets fell behind early and struggled offensively, with Ryan Fitzpatrick not having one of his better games. And Jets kicker Randy Bullock missed both a field goal and an extra point in the first half. But the Jets got into field goal range in the final minute of the fourth quarter, and Bullock nailed the game-winning kick.

Cowboys quarterback Matt Cassel was benched after an ugly interception in the first quarter. Kellen Moore replaced Cassel and had a couple ugly interceptions of his own, and his final interception with just seconds remaining sealed the Cowboys’ fate. Still, Moore looked a little more competent than Cassel and probably did enough to keep the starting job for the final two weeks of the season.

It was not a great game for either team, but it was a good win for the Jets. When you’re fighting for a playoff spot, a win is a win.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/19/jets-survive-a-close-one-stay-in-wild-card-race/

86WARD
12-20-2015, 07:00 AM
That was an ugly game. It would've been nice to see Dallas win and give the Steelers a little cushion. Pittsburgh still needs to win out and controls their own destiny so that hasn't changed. Just win versus the Broncos.

With that loss versus the Jets, Dallas is officially eliminated from the playoffs.

SteelerFanInStl
12-20-2015, 08:55 AM
Dallas just plain sucks. They should've won that game but they kept giving the ball back to the Jets. Their defense deserved better because they shut down the Jets.

The Jets don't look like a playoff team to me. They'll lose next week to the Patriots.

Steeldude
12-20-2015, 10:16 AM
The Steelers are capable of easily beating any team in the NFL. The problem is they can be easily beaten by any team in the NFL.

Mojouw
12-20-2015, 11:18 AM
The Steelers are capable of easily beating any team in the NFL. The problem is they can be easily beaten by any team in the NFL.

You can say this about all most any team in the league that is not the Cleveland Browns. In the age of salary cap driven parity and annual "worst-to-first and first-to worst" cycles, the phrase "any given Sunday" has never had more meaning.

Count Steeler
12-20-2015, 07:25 PM
I think the trap game is this week in Baltimore. KC just put a beating on them, now we have to go in with a winner's mentality. Screw the rivalry bull shit and kick their asses. The goal is 40 points. Don't stop till you get there.

SteelerFanInStl
12-20-2015, 07:25 PM
I was just watching the NFL Network and they asked "Which team is the biggest threat to the Patriots in the AFC?" Tomlinson said the Chiefs and Sanders said the Bengals. LOL! Neither of those teams is even a threat to the Steelers.

Count Steeler
12-20-2015, 07:27 PM
I was just watching the NFL Network and they asked "Which team is the biggest threat to the Patriots in the AFC?" Tomlinson said the Chiefs and Sanders said the Bengals. LOL! Neither of those teams is even a threat to the Steelers.

Good. Keep the focus off the Steelers. Nothing to see here, we are just limping into the playoffs. We'll be one and done. The Chiefs and the Bengals are definitely the biggest threats.

fansince'76
12-20-2015, 07:29 PM
Good. Keep the focus off the Steelers. Nothing to see here, we are just limping into the playoffs. We'll be one and done. The Chiefs and the Bengals are definitely the biggest threats.

This.

tube517
12-20-2015, 07:31 PM
So, I read if the Steelers beat the Ratbirds and the Jets lose to the Cheats**, Steelers are in?

polamalubeast
12-20-2015, 07:31 PM
So, I read if the Steelers beat the Ratbirds and the Jets lose to the Cheats**, Steelers are in?

Yes

Craic
12-20-2015, 07:38 PM
I think the trap game is this week in Baltimore. KC just put a beating on them, now we have to go in with a winner's mentality. Screw the rivalry bull shit and kick their asses. The goal is 40 points. Don't stop till you get there.

I don't know, I don't think the Steelers will ever see a Ravens' game as a trap game. I could very well be wrong, but . . .

Count Steeler
12-20-2015, 07:45 PM
I don't know, I don't think the Steelers will ever see a Ravens' game as a trap game. I could very well be wrong, but . . .

I'm just thinking back to how conservative they were the first game at Heinz. They gave the Ravens way too much respect and ended up giving them the game. The game could have been over at the start of the 4th quarter.

So my point is, these are not the Ravens of rivalry past, so don't treat them that way. Bury them. And don't feel bad about it.

Craic
12-20-2015, 07:47 PM
I'm just thinking back to how conservative they were the first game at Heinz. They gave the Ravens way too much respect and ended up giving them the game. The game could have been over at the start of the 4th quarter.

So my point is, these are not the Ravens of rivalry past, so don't treat them that way. Bury them. And don't feel bad about it.

True, but we were also conservative because of our QB situation, which is decidedly not the same this time. But either way, yeah, bury them right from the start.

HollywoodSteel
12-21-2015, 12:00 AM
I don't think it's a trap game in the conventional sense of a good team, coming of a huge win, looking past a bad team at bad team's field (usually after bad team comes off a loss) so good team just isn't quite all there emotionally and mentally. This is our most hated division rival (what the Bengal's are trying to be with their fake tough, trying too hard, imitation of the Ravens). The Steelers will never look past the Ravens no matter what anyone's record is. But it's a worrisome game because this game will be the Ravens' Super Bowl. They are a proud organization that is entirely irrelevant right now. This game is all they have to come away from this nightmare season with a shred of dignity. And you know this is what Jon Harbaugh (as well as injured Ravens like Suggs who lives for this rivalry) will be hammering into their heads. "If we can sweep the Steelers and shatter their playoff dreams, with all the injuries heaped on us, then we can hold our heads high going into the off season."

Now it's possible that the Steelers have too much talent to lose to this shell of the Ravens, but what scares me are potential injuries inflicted on us by a team that hates us more than they love themselves, and now with nothing to lose. I'm just glad this game was flexed out of the night game where the Ravens would be under the lights in front of the whole nation with something to prove.

I was getting nervous about injuries in the Bengals game once it got crazy, but the Bengals were never gonna go kamikaze on us because they have just as much to lose as we do (aside from one idiot in Tiger stripes who wants to be the new Suggs. But you can't try like a wanna be to be a Suggs or Harrison. Those guys are the real deal because they don't have to wear a fake intimidation costume. They just are who they are - the real deal). The Ravens have nothing to lose by trying to cripple us. Is it just me who thinks about this dumb stuff, or is there something to it?

teegre
12-21-2015, 12:14 AM

Exactly.

On on the flip side, due to that mirrored hatred, the Ravens will come out in full force.

Ultimately, it'll come down to the QBs. Clausen is just as likely to throw an INT as he is a completion. Whereas, BB will shred that putrid Ravens secondary.

Clausen: 21/39 for 275, 2 TDs, 2 INTs
BB: 29/51 for 460, 5 TDs

Steelers: 41
Ravens: 17

HollywoodSteel
12-21-2015, 12:21 AM
The other (probably only in my crazy head) thing thing I could see driving the Ravens here is less about us, and more about the Bengals thinking they've become the division's new Ravens. The Bengals have obviously leapfrogged them in the winning football department, but after that crazy physical game they instigated against us, it's obvious that the Bengals are trying to present themselves as the tough, intimidating arch enemy of the always tough Steelers, worthy of the Steelers respect as fellow tough guys. Now that's just going too far. The Ravens and Steelers both have down years occasionally, but the rivalry is always there, and is always the two big bad asses of the division, if not the entire NFL. The Bengals and Browns are only rivals in the technical sense, not part of the all out war for being crowned that year's the king of intimidation mountain.

Now the objective truth is that the Bengals are not the soft, sometimes talented but never intimidating, team that they used to be. But they do seem like posers who want more than anything to steal the Steelers from the Ravens. I now that sounds kind of insane, and it could very well be in my head alone. Just wondering if this thought has crossed anyone else's mind.

hawaiiansteeler
12-21-2015, 07:54 PM
beat the Ravens this Sunday while the Jets lose to the Pats* and we're in! :thumbsup:

ETL
12-21-2015, 09:49 PM

Cmon man. You left out what Tomlinson said just before he said the Chiefs. He said, "outside of The Steelers..." And Deion was just continuing that thought as well. Meaning besides the Steelers, who do you perceive as the threat to NE.

LT has always placed the Steelers high and has respected the Steelers organization for a long time.

SteelerFanInStl
12-21-2015, 09:51 PM
Cmon man. You left out what Tomlinson said just before he said the Chiefs. He said, "outside of The Steelers..." And Deion was just continuing that thought as well. Meaning besides the Steelers, who do you perceive as the threat to NE.

LT has always placed the Steelers high and has respected the Steelers organization for a long time.

I didn't even hear that the first time. I had to go back and listen to it. The thing is, that wasn't the question. They just didn't want to talk about the Steelers.