PDA

View Full Version : Video: Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Takes Cheap Shot At Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger

Shoes
12-13-2015, 06:02 PM
BY DAVE BRYAN (http://www.steelersdepot.com/author/davebryan/) DECEMBER 13, 2015 AT 06:15 PM
If the league does their job, Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict will be fined for hitting Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger below the knee during the first quarter of Sunday’s game.
As you can see in the replay below that former Steelers quarterback Charlie Batch posted on Twitter immediately after it happened, Burfict wasn’t pushed into Roethlisberger’s legs. While the Steelers quarterback wasn’t injured on the play, he certainly could’ve been. Burfict, as you probably know by now, wasn’t flagged on the play.
Burfict was involved in several minor skirmishes with several different Steelers players throughout the game and he has a history of being a dirty player.
We’ll see if the league takes action against Burfict and it will be a travesty if they don’t. A few weeks ago, the league chose not to fine Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett for hitting Roethlisberger helmet to facemask after he delivered a fourth quarter pass in that Week 12 game. Roethlisberger ultimately left the game in order to be checked for a concussion.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/12/video-steelers-bengals-vontaze-burfict-ben-roethlisberger-cheap-shot/

tube517
12-13-2015, 06:03 PM
Nothing to see here. The NFL will sweep this under the rug and Goodhell will send an extra FedEx check to Deebo.

Par for the course. :jerkit: :sarcasm:

salamander
12-13-2015, 06:18 PM
When will people realize that guys are free to take cheap shots on Ben at will? Goodell let's them off scott-free.

Texasteel
12-13-2015, 06:18 PM
Just got home and can not believe there was no flag on the play. I seems the refs are just as incompetent at the Goodell, or just as lousy at their job. If there is not fine it's time for the Steeler players to take matters into their own hands, and send Burfict, and Cincy, a message the next time they play.

tube517
12-13-2015, 06:19 PM
This assclown punk also threw a kick at DeCastro in the scrum on DeAngelo's carry

SteelerFanInStl
12-13-2015, 06:23 PM
This assclown punk also threw a kick at DeCastro in the scrum on DeAngelo's carry

Yea, he wasn't flagged for that either.

HollywoodSteel
12-13-2015, 06:45 PM
If you watch the video, you'll see that the hit was not only dirty, it was horrifically stupid. Once Burfict lowers his head to Ben's knee level and launches, he can't really see much of anything except for Ben's feet and the turf. He has no way of knowing where exactly his own team mate's knees are gonna be. If Simms was a tiny bit quicker, or even took a longer stride toward Ben, Burfict could have just as easily ended his team mate's season.

This video should be used by the NFL as a teaching tool. If penalties, fines, and basic human decency aren't enough of an incentive to stop you from attacking a QB's knees in this manner, then perhaps seeing how you're also risking the knees of your teammates as well, will do the trick. Once you lower your head and launch, your vision, and options, become severely restricted. You need to remember that some other guys, who the wear the same color jersey as you, are trying to get to the QB too. You never know whose knee will get in front of your helmet first.

Count Steeler
12-13-2015, 06:45 PM
BY DAVE BRYAN (http://www.steelersdepot.com/author/davebryan/) DECEMBER 13, 2015 AT 06:15 PM
If the league does their job, Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict will be fined for hitting Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger below the knee during the first quarter of Sunday’s game.
As you can see in the replay below that former Steelers quarterback Charlie Batch posted on Twitter immediately after it happened, Burfict wasn’t pushed into Roethlisberger’s legs. While the Steelers quarterback wasn’t injured on the play, he certainly could’ve been. Burfict, as you probably know by now, wasn’t flagged on the play.
Burfict was involved in several minor skirmishes with several different Steelers players throughout the game and he has a history of being a dirty player.
We’ll see if the league takes action against Burfict and it will be a travesty if they don’t. A few weeks ago, the league chose not to fine Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett for hitting Roethlisberger helmet to facemask after he delivered a fourth quarter pass in that Week 12 game. Roethlisberger ultimately left the game in order to be checked for a concussion.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/12/video-steelers-bengals-vontaze-burfict-ben-roethlisberger-cheap-shot/

:toofunny: :rofl2: :toofunny:

Thanks for the laugh Shoes. Burfict should be suspended after his game long shenanigans.

Craic
12-13-2015, 06:46 PM

And yeah, on that kick, I immediately thought he should have been kicked out of the game. Again, as I said in another thread. I usually give the refs quite a bit of leeway. But they missed some pretty obvious calls today.

steelerdude15
12-13-2015, 06:58 PM
Hopefully he has a nice envelope sitting in his locker come later in the week.

fansince'76
12-13-2015, 06:59 PM

Yeah. Thanks, Mike. :coffee:

HollywoodSteel
12-13-2015, 07:05 PM
It's funny, I remember watching Hard Knocks a few years ago, and really liking Burfict. He seemed like a good kid. It seems that once the world started noticing him for his good play, it went to his and he started thinking of himself as some kind of intimidating tough guy. Maybe by being in the vicinity of a REAL tough guy for a little while, he decided I want to have the presence and attitude of that guy. No, little man. You can't just decide to be Superman because you've seen what he looks like.

Maybe he should re-watch this a few times and learn some humility. Here's what intimidating is. It's knowing you've already won before you even start the game... and everyone else in the room knowing it too:

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Hard-Knocks-James-Harrison-arm-wrestling-champ/72c36445-2294-4767-8312-322845a2d8d7

Count Steeler
12-13-2015, 07:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcPoUPTpcps?t=39s

steel striker
12-13-2015, 07:08 PM
Burfict is a dirty thug plain and simple as far as I'm concerned should have been thrown out of this game. We all know the hatred Goodell has for ben and the Steelers so, I don't expect anything out of this. Now Burfict should be suspended I guess we will see. Just pisses me off about the lack of respect Ben get's as far these illegal hits goes and, we all know Precious Brady/Rodgers get all of these calls.

Craic
12-13-2015, 07:26 PM
Burfict is a dirty thug plain and simple as far as I'm concerned should have been thrown out of this game. We all know the hatred Goodell has for ben and the Steelers so, I don't expect anything out of this. Now Burfict should be suspended I guess we will see. Just pisses me off about the lack of respect Ben get's as far these illegal hits goes and, we all know Precious Brady/Rodgers get all of these calls.

Then, we all know (http://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/roughing-the-passer?year=2012)wrong (http://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/roughing-the-passer?year=2012).

New England/Brady has benefited only twice from Roughing calls against their QB. Green Bay has benefited 4 times for the same. Steelers? 3 times. Let's put that little fallacy to bed, shall we?

SteelerFanInStl
12-13-2015, 07:32 PM

And yeah, on that kick, I immediately thought he should have been kicked out of the game. Again, as I said in another thread. I usually give the refs quite a bit of leeway. But they missed some pretty obvious calls today.

Yea, I'm completely sick of this shit not getting called. I don't give a shit about any fine. CALL THE PENALTY IN THE GAME!!!!!!

Burfict was instigating crap all day long and the officials just looked the other way on most of it. Thugs like him shouldn't be allowed to play in the NFL.

Craic
12-13-2015, 07:34 PM
Yea, I'm completely sick of this shit not getting called. I don't give a shit about any fine. CALL THE PENALTY IN THE GAME!!!!!!

Burfict was instigating crap all day long and the officials just looked the other way on most of it. Thugs like him shouldn't be allowed to play in the NFL.

I'm all for "just let them play," but today, it was too much. He should have been penalized, and then chucked after the kick.

steelreserve
12-13-2015, 07:35 PM
The dude is a total asshole. All he did for the entire game was try to take cheap shots at people or start fights. Seems like the kind of guy who's long overdue to get stabbed in a nightclub altercation in the offseason. Do they have a pool where we can bet on that? Cause if so, I'm claiming him NOW.

Then, we all know (http://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/roughing-the-passer?year=2012)wrong (http://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/roughing-the-passer?year=2012).

New England/Brady has benefited only twice from Roughing calls against their QB. Green Bay has benefited 4 times for the same. Steelers? 3 times. Let's put that little fallacy to bed, shall we?

Since they made the rule for Brady, you're probably not going to get very far with that argument. And whether or not he actually gets the calls, he bitches and makes the little flag-throw motion every time someone gets a pinky on him, which is equally horseshit and deserves a backhand to the nuts every time it happens. Guy is 100% bitch-made.

Count Steeler
12-13-2015, 07:39 PM

But what affect does the perception have? It wouldn't take long to catalog a lot of shots to Ben that are not called. Wonder if the same could be done for Brady. I don't watch the Cheats, so I have no idea, but I have a feeling players are a little more careful around the Golden Boys. Kind of like the way Gretzy was never touched in his glory days.

tube517
12-13-2015, 07:41 PM
On The kick to DeCastro, the clip doesn't show the ref jogging into the picture straight at Burfict and he clearly should have seen that kick right in front of his face.

fansince'76
12-13-2015, 07:42 PM
And whether or not he actually gets the calls, he bitches and makes the little flag-throw motion every time someone gets a pinky on him, which is equally horseshit and deserves a backhand to the nuts every time it happens. Guy is 100% bitch-made.

Post. Of. The. Day. :applaudit: :lol:

Edman
12-13-2015, 07:48 PM
The sad part about Burfict is that he's not even a good LB. He only makes himself known after the whistle, not before it.

If he were good, I'd actually hate him 10x more, instead he's a weakass version of Terrell Suggs. Suggs was dirty, but he was actually a good LB that if he wasn't a Raven, would welcome him to the Steelers.

I said it before and I'll say it again. The Bengals are a poor man's substitute for the Baltimore Ravens. They're poorly coached, Dalton is a weaker Flacco, and they don't win as much.

Steelerschik
12-13-2015, 08:27 PM
The sad part about Burfict is that he's not even a good LB. He only makes himself known after the whistle, not before it.

If he were good, I'd actually hate him 10x more, instead he's a weakass version of Terrell Suggs. Suggs was dirty, but he was actually a good LB that if he wasn't a Raven, would welcome him to the Steelers.

I said it before and I'll say it again. The Bengals are a poor man's substitute for the Baltimore Ravens. They're poorly coached, Dalton is a weaker Flacco, and they don't win as much.

Amen. At least I can respect how the Ravens play the game. There is nothing respectable about this POS team starting with their punk ass bitch coach. And their fans, holy shit. Scary bunch of angry, shit spewing, inbred MFers. Not one seems sane or even knowledgeable of football. They know thuggery, that's it. Hell they want someone to break Mitchell's jaw for talking shit. Seriously? Your "team" plays like criminal mutants who act like they were exposed to a nuclear bomb attack and you want a broken jaw for talking shit?? Fuck that, I'm ready to hire Tanya Harding and let her do her thing to Burfuck's knees. Screw them and their "injuries". Karmas a bitch assholes and I hope she's coming at ya full force.

st33lersguy
12-13-2015, 08:28 PM
Let me guess, Burfict won't get fined

Craic
12-13-2015, 08:35 PM
Since they made the rule for Brady, you're probably not going to get very far with that argument.
The problem is, they didn't make the rule for Brady. The made it based on what happened to him. And yes, there is a distinct difference.

And whether or not he actually gets the calls, he bitches and makes the little flag-throw motion every time someone gets a pinky on him, which is equally horseshit and deserves a backhand to the nuts every time it happens. Guy is 100% bitch-made.

Absolutely hilarious. Can't argue with this at all.

But what affect does the perception have? It wouldn't take long to catalog a lot of shots to Ben that are not called. Wonder if the same could be done for Brady. I don't watch the Cheats, so I have no idea, but I have a feeling players are a little more careful around the Golden Boys. Kind of like the way Gretzy was never touched in his glory days.

I'm not sure perception has anything to do with it. If I'm a defensive coach, I have an assistant analyze all the penalties for and against the opposing team to see tendencies and weaknesses - does this guy jump too often, does that guy hold too much, is this receiver drawing lots of interference penalties, is that QB drawing lots of roughing the passer penalties. If teams aren't doing that and passing on any statistics that correct wrong perceptions, then it's on them (much like teams kept coming in against us in 2007-9 with the perception we were a run-first team).

Yeah, I can't stomach watching the Cheats either, so that question'll have to go unanswered. But, the reason Gretzky wasn't touched during his glory days wasn't because of refs and their quick whistles. It's because back then, the NFL didn't see fit to referee every element of the game. They let the players self-govern the game to a certain extent with enforcers such as these two for Gretzky (Semenko on the Oilers and McSorely on the Kings). Oral law in Hockey stated that if you cheapshot a player, especially a good player, you're going to face the enforcer. (also, if you go after someone much smaller than you, unless that person starts it, you're going to face the enforcer).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsWql2nCMAAWui7.jpg:small http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mShGRnme5540apcQKOesjRw.jpg

My guess is, since Ben's style is much different than Brady's, he's going to take a number of more hits, which means he's going to take quite a few more questionable hits. But, if there was a way to balance that out, my guess is the numbers would show the shots both players take without penalty would be within one standard deviation (if there was a way to quantify such things).

st33lersguy
12-13-2015, 08:47 PM
I have no idea what is more pathetic, Burfict's antics or the fact that Bungal fans are defending him by claiming the steelers are dirty

tube517
12-13-2015, 09:22 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/54338836.jpg

Craic
12-13-2015, 09:24 PM
I have no idea what is more pathetic, Burfict's antics or the fact that Bungal fans are defending him by claiming the steelers are dirty
Come on . . . you know the rules. You simply can't post something like that without providing links for our entertainment!

st33lersguy
12-13-2015, 09:52 PM
Come on . . . you know the rules. You simply can't post something like that without providing links for our entertainment!

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015121302/2015/REG14/steelers@bengals#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000 000601080&tab=discuss (comments section of gamecenter)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000599697/article/andy-dalton-thumb-fracture-wont-play-next-week (an article)

It was on nfl.com so you will see some comments from Steelers fans sprinkled in, but there is some idiocy from Bengals fans

Craic
12-13-2015, 09:54 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015121302/2015/REG14/steelers@bengals#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000 000601080&tab=discuss (comments section of gamecenter)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000599697/article/andy-dalton-thumb-fracture-wont-play-next-week (an article)

It was on nfl.com so you will see some comments from Steelers fans sprinkled in, but there is some idiocy from Bengals fans

Ahh. Now I have some reading material to make me smile! Thanks!

stillers4me
12-14-2015, 05:23 AM
Amen. At least I can respect how the Ravens play the game. There is nothing respectable about this POS team starting with their punk ass bitch coach. And their fans, holy shit. Scary bunch of angry, shit spewing, inbred MFers. Not one seems sane or even knowledgeable of football. They know thuggery, that's it. Hell they want someone to break Mitchell's jaw for talking shit. Seriously? Your "team" plays like criminal mutants who act like they were exposed to a nuclear bomb attack and you want a broken jaw for talking shit?? Fuck that, I'm ready to hire Tanya Harding and let her do her thing to Burfuck's knees. Screw them and their "injuries". Karmas a bitch assholes and I hope she's coming at ya full force.

:applaudit:

st33lersguy
12-14-2015, 08:26 AM

There is the cheap shot artist bubba Suggs and the bounty on Mendenhall when his season was ended by the murderer but yeah I don't remember anything this bad from that classless organization. Cincinnati is such a classless organization as is their fans

Steelman
12-14-2015, 08:33 AM

:toofunny:

I very rarely argue with people on Twitter but last night there were just too many Bunglefans up in arms spewing their nonsense to resist. One chick in particular was dead certain that 'because Steelers players said stuff' that Bengals fans had a justifiable right to cheer Steelers injuries. :doh: These people are special...

dislocatedday
12-14-2015, 09:50 AM
I just went back and checked news from last season because I seemed to remember that last year there were some problems in the Bengals/Panthers game whereby some Cincinnati player was targeting Cam Newton's injured ankle...........and sure enough it was Burfict doing all the dirty work in that matchup. He was clearly trying to bend Cam's ankle backwards repeatedly during that game AFTER THE WHISTLE and when Cam was lying on the ground.

Vince Williams should not have "threatened" him on Twitter. That is just a bad move even if Burfict is a SOB. However, there is a long repeated history with this guy. He should be fined at a minimum for both for kicking DeCastro and diving at Ben's knees yesterday. He was trying to mix it up with DeAngelo after that play had ended yesterday and DeCastro came over to get him of DeAngelo only to be kicked twice by Burfict.

fansince'76
12-14-2015, 10:00 AM

"The record was removed at the request of the copyright holder." The NFL Gestapo is monitoring Vine now too? It would be nice if Goodell and company were as diligent about improving certain aspects of the on-field product (like, oh I don't know, officiating, maybe?) as they are about enforcing their copyright.

steel striker
12-14-2015, 10:43 AM
Burfict is a thug/dirty player and, he should be fined & suspended. We all know he won't because, Goodell hates Ben & the Steelers that we all know is a fact! I know I sound like a broken record but, the NFL proctects every QB not named Ben Roethlisberger.

BigNastyDefense
12-14-2015, 11:18 AM
I hope we get these punk asses in the playoffs. I want us to be the ones to send them home.

Steel Peon
12-14-2015, 12:08 PM
Players who take cheap shots at Ben get an envelope from the NFL delivered to them, except theirs will have a check in it where a fine would normally be, and a small blurb from Roger: "Keep up the good work!" :thumbsup:

katmandu
12-14-2015, 01:07 PM
It's funny, I remember watching Hard Knocks a few years ago, and really liking Burfict. He seemed like a good kid. It seems that once the world started noticing him for his good play, it went to his and he started thinking of himself as some kind of intimidating tough guy. Most likely got influenced by Internet badass..... Pacman Jones.

The Bengals have quickly become the NFL's modern era Oakland Raiders !

st33lersguy
12-14-2015, 01:50 PM
Most likely got influenced by Internet badass..... Pacman Jones.

The Bengals have quickly become the NFL's modern era Oakland Raiders !

Without the postseason success

zoneblitzerII
12-15-2015, 01:11 AM
Would love to see Burshit get his. Preferably knocked out of the game permanently.