PDA

View Full Version : Steelers need win more than revenge vs. Bengals

hawaiiansteeler
12-08-2015, 02:17 PM
Steelers need win more than revenge vs. Bengals

By Chris Bradford

PITTSBURGH -- David DeCastro, the Steelers' stoic offensive lineman, is not a guy exactly known for shooting off at the mouth. When asked Monday about the bad blood that exists between his team and the Cincinnati Bengals, the Stanford grad politely declined to provide the media with any bulletin board fodder for the presumptive AFC North champions to use this week.

"We don't like them and they don't like us ... that's as simple as that can be," was all DeCastro could muster.

That's OK because his teammates provided a landfill's worth of trash talk a few weeks ago in the aftermath of Cincinnati's 16-10 win at Heinz Field. You might recall that was the game in which Ben Roethlisberger, coming off a four-week absence, threw three interceptions, one-third of his season total. That was the game that the Steelers blew a 10-6 lead in the final three minutes. And it was also the game in which Le'Veon Bell was lost for the season with a knee injury courtesy of a hit from Vontaze Burfict.

The Bengals linebacker appeared to take great satisfaction in the hit, and Vince Williams, most famously, took exception to it. On social media the Steelers linebacker, a South Florida native, wrote that if he ever caught Burfict on South Beach, "I'm painting that boy." Painting, it was learned, has more to do with assault than it does acrylics or enamel.

And then there was Bengals tight end Marvin Jones, who labeled Mike Mitchell as "fake tough" after the Steelers safety delivered a vicious, but clean, hit to the torso that knocked Jones from the game.

"He's fortunate that I'm playing a lot smarter than I used to," Mitchell said. "Because it very well could have been a face shot or a knee shot, and he probably would have been out a lot longer."

Mitchell added that he wouldn't forget about Jones' comments or Burfict's hit on Bell.

"I have a very good memory," Mitchell said.

to read rest of article:

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/steelers-need-win-more-than-revenge-vs-bengals/article_c1a50a32-9d23-11e5-a5a2-674dd6eb20ed.html

ALLD
12-08-2015, 05:16 PM
Bengals are going down hard. Steelers will come out hot and not let up. They will win by more than 14 pts.

SteelerFanInStl
12-08-2015, 07:34 PM
Jones is a WR, not a TE. Even I know that and I don't get paid to write sports articles.

Getting the W is the revenge that we should be looking for in this game. Just stick to the game plan and we will win.

tube517
12-08-2015, 07:38 PM
You rarely hear a peep from DeCastro.

I may have to double check my BP meds this Sunday. :heh:

steel striker
12-09-2015, 02:59 PM
The win is most important and, maybe karma will take care of the rest.

Dissolv
12-09-2015, 03:21 PM
I want to see lots of shots to the middle of the field, a lot of TE work, and we get their D pulled in before we unleash the long bombs. They stopped our long ball cold last time around, and leaning on the splash play to much just isn't necessary. Get the offense rolling, get up two scores, and let the D pin their ears back against the carrot top, and we cruise to victory.

But make no mistake--they are going to want it bad, we are going to have to want it worse, and it's going to be a dogfight either way. 10% chance of a new rivalry being born, especially if they injure another Steeler. You heard it here first.

Dissolv

Mojouw
12-09-2015, 11:49 PM
I want to see lots of shots to the middle of the field, a lot of TE work, and we get their D pulled in before we unleash the long bombs. They stopped our long ball cold last time around, and leaning on the splash play to much just isn't necessary. Get the offense rolling, get up two scores, and let the D pin their ears back against the carrot top, and we cruise to victory.

But make no mistake--they are going to want it bad, we are going to have to want it worse, and it's going to be a dogfight either way. 10% chance of a new rivalry being born, especially if they injure another Steeler. You heard it here first.

Dissolv

Could the Bungles become the new Ravens? Have to admit the Ravens rivalry has lost some of its edge. When I watch the two teams play, I don't actually expect anyone to die. I honestly thought that was a likely event during the height of that rivalry. In fact, I was pretty sure Ryan Clark killed Willis McGehee.

86WARD
12-10-2015, 05:56 AM
Not yet...it's the Bungles...they'll screw it up somehow.

BigNastyDefense
12-10-2015, 11:24 AM
The best revenge is a win. Possibly knocks them out of the 1 seed and if lucky could lead to a downward spiral where maybe we win the division? That's a pipe dream, I know. We likely need to win out to make the playoffs, so winning has the be the only priority. If a Bengals player gets hurt, so be it. It's karma and football, guys get hurt.

However, I hope nobody goes out there with the thought that they want to take out one of their best players. That's not a good mentality to have. I just want them to go out, hit hard, play tough football, and get the damn win.

The Bengals won't want to see us in the playoffs.

hawaiiansteeler
12-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Game On: Bengals call Steelers "Village Idiots"

idiots'http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/210/90/6_4090210.jpg

The gauntlet has officially been thrown down in Sunday's heavyweight matchup between the Steelers and the Bengals.

It was thrown by Bengals' cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick, after being asked about teammate Vontaze Burfict, who drew the ire of the Steelers after Burfict's tackle ended Le'Veon Bell's season back in Cincinnati's Week 8 win over Pittsburgh.

“That's my teammate,” Kirkpatrick said of Burfict. “I'm going to do whatever it takes to protect my teammate. I'm not going to let anybody get cheap shots or anything like that if I'm there.

“Like I said, we know what time it is, we know what type of game this is. Hopefully we can keep our composure, hopefully he can keep his composure and let them be the village idiots.”

While Kirkpatrick's comment was a direct shot at the Steelers, Bengals veteran linemen Andrew Whitworth's comments with regard to the Steelers was a little more indirect. While he first talked about not adding any fuel to the rivalry's fire, Whitworth made a backhanded comment in the Steelers' direction.

“(The Steelers) said a lot of things after that game that they were going to come here to do and make up for and all those kind of things," Whitworth said. "That’s great, but at the end of the day you line up, you snap a football and you play. We can’t really control that. That can’t really be something we think about. Going out and beating them in the football game is the most important thing.

“Whether that stuff is a part of what they want to do or not, really, it’s beneath us. We don’t really need to worry about that. Our concern needs to be playing the best game we’ve played all year.”

While it may be "beneath" the Bengals to engage in pre and in-game banter-which clearly isn't the case-it's apparently not beneath them to dance on another team's field while an opposing player lays in pain, as was the case back in Week 8, when Burfict celebrated after hitting Bell and hearing the running back's MCL tear.

While Kirkpatrick and Whitworth talked about the Steelers this week, the same can't be said about Pittsburgh. The Steelers have been very quiet this week, as the team has laid low while letting their play on Sunday do the talking. But while the Steelers look to bring a quiet storm with them to Cincinnati, the Bengals continue to poke the bear, who could have a very nasty bit this Sunday in the Queen City.

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Game-On-Bengals-call-Steelers-village-idiots--41911987

tube517
12-10-2015, 01:30 PM
I usually don't pay attention to this kind of stuff but I don't think I have been more fired up about a game as this one. Even with the Ravens, I ignored Ray ray and laughed off T-Sizzle's sheanigans

Not this game.

steel striker
12-10-2015, 02:45 PM
Yeah I think the bengals could be in for a beat-down after Burffict celebrated the hit on Bell that had to piss off the entire steeler team. Now this week some bengals are still running their mouths and, they are writing checks that their body won't be able to cash.

SteelMayhem72
12-10-2015, 09:37 PM
im not getting my hopes up...but would love to open up a major can of whooop ass on those punks on their own field!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

teegre
12-10-2015, 11:44 PM
This is telling: DD said something.

If he said something, then that means every last Steeler is pissed.

Plus, BB is on a roll; he should have had 6 TDs in each of the past two games. He will get those 6 TDs in this game.

Steelers: 42
Bengals: less

Steelman
12-11-2015, 12:07 AM
I would love nothing more than a similar game when Ben and James Harrison destroyed the Ratbirds in their house 35-7 I believe. Screw power rankings, standings, playoff wildcard seeding, it's time to kill some Bungles in Ohio.