PDA

View Full Version : Cam Heyward

Shoes
12-07-2015, 08:31 PM
Heyward runs Gore down and plants him with all 295 lbs, after chasing him for about 45 yards. Meanwhile a host of DB and LB'ers can't make the tackle.

http://i.imgur.com/gWmy7tg.gif

fansince'76
12-07-2015, 08:38 PM
Fixed. I think we had another thread with the "throws Browns lineman" bit a couple of weeks ago and it just "auto completed" to that thread title when you posted this new thread. :chuckle:

Shoes
12-07-2015, 08:39 PM
Fixed. I think we had another thread with the "throws Browns lineman" bit a couple of weeks ago and it just "auto completed" to that thread title when you posted this new thread. :chuckle:

Thanks Gary! :chuckle:

Count Steeler
12-07-2015, 09:18 PM
Guy is pretty good. Glad he was given props from Collingsworth, who, sad to say, is perhaps a decent color guy now.

Psycho Ward 86
12-08-2015, 01:17 AM
Heyward runs Gore down and plants him with all 295 lbs, after chasing him for about 45 yards. Meanwhile a host of DB and LB'ers can't make the tackle.

http://i.imgur.com/gWmy7tg.gif

yikes. In that play alone you see a good summary of why Golden > Allen, Boykin > Blake, and this one is going to be controversial, but Timmons w/turf toe < Vince Williams. that turf toe has CLEARLY been effecting Timmons all season. In that play it sums up his season pretty well. wish we would have gave him some rest earlier in the season and let vince call some of the plays. VDub has been playing steady as per usual

86WARD
12-08-2015, 05:47 PM
He's flat out a beast. When I saw that in the game, I just shook my head.

teegre
12-09-2015, 10:12 AM
He's flat out a beast. When I saw that in the game, I just shook my head.

I was like:

Fuck, fuck, tackle him, you all suck... YES!!!!!... I love Heyward!!!

cold-hard-steel
12-09-2015, 01:27 PM
yeah, you ain't gettin past me mother blanker

cold-hard-steel
12-09-2015, 01:51 PM
But he knew how to tackle. Why do our db's and their mothers think you can fly in and smash into a guy and think he will just go down? Cam showed the proper techonic approach on film. Wrap the muther blanker up.He is a defensive lineman coming waaay from behind to wrap him. Great film room study on how to stop a man running with a football.

ALLD
12-09-2015, 02:30 PM
Plus he cut a direct line to Gore. It's almost like he has a football bloodline.

Count Steeler
12-09-2015, 04:44 PM
Look at the pathetic attempt at tackling by Jarvis Jones at our 40 yard line.

lipps83
12-09-2015, 05:09 PM
Was that Blake that missed the initial tackle? Not sure why that guy sees as much time as he does.

Can't cover. Can't tackle. Makes a big play once every 10 games. Not worth it.

SteelerFanInStl
12-09-2015, 05:21 PM
Yea, Cam's a beast. It sucks that he doesn't get nearly the recognition that he deserves as one of the best DEs in the NFL.

cold-hard-steel
12-09-2015, 05:24 PM
Being well over a half a century old, i think i could grab a hold of the man with the football.If you can't grab the man you gots ta grab the football. Thats the game man. It's not just putting you and your body in the way to make that tackle. What the hell a man with no arms could carry that out.Tackling is what the game is all about. It started that way and the game has evolved,but by god it is still about dragging down the man with the ball.Cam showed on film only one of the ways it can be done .And i swear he did it right.