PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Line

polamalubeast
12-07-2015, 03:27 PM

ALLD
12-07-2015, 04:50 PM
It seems like AV has more heart than McCullers. even though they are on opposite sides of the ball look who is getting all the playing time. McCullers is too soft.

Hawkman
12-07-2015, 05:05 PM
It seems like AV has more heart than McCullers. even though they are on opposite sides of the ball look who is getting all the playing time. McCullers is too soft.
AV is used to being in a war zone. LBs are a piece of cake compared to the Middle East.

Count Steeler
12-07-2015, 05:23 PM
Perhaps the best move the Steelers made was hiring Munchak. Much the same players as the last 2 coaches (Bicknell was an absolute joke) but what a world of difference. Even without Pouncey.

You have to win the trenches. O Line is strong, DL needs depth.

cold-hard-steel
12-07-2015, 07:18 PM
i have always been a believer in the MACH V,lol.

Count Steeler
12-07-2015, 09:16 PM

Now we finally have one.

Psycho Ward 86
12-08-2015, 01:13 AM

lol you arent kidding. i remember you talking them up and calling them the Mach V since early in the 2008 season on the steelers fever board

cold-hard-steel
12-08-2015, 07:47 AM
lol you arent kidding. i remember you talking them up and calling them the Mach V since early in the 2008 season on the steelers fever board
Yeah been thinkin of changing my name to "old-soft-steel"

fansince'76
12-08-2015, 11:09 AM

Yep, I remember that too. The good old days...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALzDcMDhf2o

:lol:

cold-hard-steel
12-09-2015, 01:10 PM
My reasoning was,well,umm,lets see.Well you know it was,umm,yeah it was the time to realize that aah,umm the offensive line was developing into a powerful part of the steelers offensive engine.Because they were 5 well you know umm they had to keep replacing sparkplugs and they were not gauged correctly and , ummmm,they just mis-fired.They were not in tune.

hawaiiansteeler
12-20-2015, 12:13 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers offensive line has stood tall against NFL's top defenses in 2015

By Jeff.Hartman on Dec 19, 2015

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/39q22yo7VTiu0OUkXpKUyQO8QvI=/207x0:4203x2664/2400x1600/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/48392247/GettyImages-499465012.0.jpg

The Pittsburgh Steelers are about to face the top defense in the NFL in the Denver Broncos Sunday. Looking back, the Steelers offensive line has done a tremendous job against some of the top defenses in 2015.

The Pittsburgh Steelers offense is about to be tested in a serious way when the Denver Broncos come to Heinz Field in Week 15. The Broncos are the top ranked defense in the league, lead the league in sacks (44), allow well under 100 yards rushing a game (84) and have the front 7 to help their "No Fly Zone" secondary anchored by Aqib Talib and Chris Harris not allow a quarterback to throw for 300 yards throughout the 2015 season.

It will be a tall task for the Steelers offensive line to protect Ben Roethlisberger, allowing him time throw down the field, while opening running lanes for DeAngelo Williams to keep the offense balanced. A difficult job for Mike Munchak's line, which at times has been held together with crazy glue and duct tape. However, the Steelers have faced some elite defenses already in 2015, how have they fared against these units?

In Week 12 the Steelers went head-to-head with the second ranked defense, in terms of yards allowed, in the Seattle Seahawks. In that game, this was their stat line:

Ben Roethlisberger: 36/55, 456 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, sacked 2 times for 10 yards

DeAngelo Williams: 8 rushes for 29 yards, 1 TD

In Week 6, Pittsburgh went against the Arizona Cardinals, who are ranked 4th in terms of yardage allowed. Here is the stat line:

Landry Jones: 8/12, 168 yards, 2 TD, 0 sacks

Mike Vick: 3/8, 6 yards, 0 TD, 1 sack for 5 yards

Le'Veon Bell: 24 rushes for 88 yards

Mike Vick: 5 rushes for 47 yards

In Week 1, the Steelers played the New England Patriots. New England is the 6th ranked defense in yards allowed, and are 2nd in the NFL in terms of sacking the QB. Here is the stat line.

Ben Roethlisberger: 26/38, 351 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 2 sacks for 13 yards

DeAngelo Williams: 21 rushes for 127 yards

In Week 7 the Steelers played the Kansas City Chiefs, who are 8th overall in terms of yards allowed, and have the 4th most sacks in 2015. Take a look at the stat line:

Landry Jones: 16/29, 209 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 2 sacks for 17 yards (one a strip sack)

Le'Veon Bell: 17 rushes for 121 yards

How the Steelers offensive line has done against other Top 10 teams in pressuring the QB in 2015:

Cincinnati Bengals: Week 8 - 3 sacks / Week 14 - 2 sacks
St. Louis Rams: Week 3 - 5 sacks (3 on Roethlisberger / 2 on Vick)
Oakland Raiders: Week 9 - 1 sack

The Steelers have done more than enough to protect their quarterback against some of the top defenses in the league, as well as open up lanes in the running game. When the Broncos come to Heinz Field, it will certainly be a challenge to protect Ben Roethlisberger from Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware, all while opening up holes for DeAngelo Williams in the running game. However, if 2015 has done anything, it has proven this offensive line is more than capapble of winning the battle in the trenches, even against some of the NFL's best units.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-nfl-features-news-blog-long-form/2015/12/19/10231318/pittsburgh-steelers-offensive-line-has-stood-tall-against-nfls-top

ALLD
12-20-2015, 06:58 AM
Steelers need to take what the defense gives them until they can open it up. They should not be too concerned about the stat line, but on how to win the game. Our D is good enough to hold the Broncos to less than 30 points as long as there are no defensive or STs scores.

If they play smart and execute this is a should win game that could be over by the start of 4th quarter.

86WARD
12-20-2015, 07:01 AM
Steelers need to take what the defense gives them until they can open it up. They should not be too concerned about the stat line, but on how to win the game. Our D is good enough to hold the Broncos to less than 30 points as long as there are no defensive or STs scores.

If they play smart and execute this is a should win game that could be over by the start of 4th quarter.

Agree.

Count Steeler
12-20-2015, 07:04 AM

Which means it will be a nail biter of a 4th quarter with a Ben to Heath TD pass with 15s on the clock to seal the deal.