PDA

View Full Version : Harrison ONLY had (3) sacks....

katmandu
12-07-2015, 12:21 AM
Getting old is a bitch I guess!

How long can James go ?

hawaiiansteeler
12-07-2015, 12:23 AM
how many more sacks does he need now to be the all-time career Steelers' sack leader?

Steeldude
12-07-2015, 01:03 AM
how many more sacks does he need now to be the all-time career Steelers' sack leader?

Gildon - 77
Harrison - 76.5

Hopefully Harrison gets that sack. The overrated Gildon needs his name knocked off that first spot.

86WARD
12-07-2015, 07:12 AM
They need to get him that sack!! It's only fitting that he be #1.

steelerdude15
12-07-2015, 09:45 AM
Never realized he was that close to being the all time leader in sacks. Hopefully he can get one next week.

Rotorhead
12-07-2015, 10:12 AM
Yes, please get him to #1, that would be fitting for sure. He has easily been one of the dominant and top defenders for this team for a long time.

fansince'76
12-07-2015, 10:16 AM
Gildon - 77
Harrison - 76.5

Hopefully Harrison gets that sack. The overrated Gildon needs his name knocked off that first spot.

Dong sacks! :chuckle:

hawaiiansteeler
12-07-2015, 12:46 PM
Gildon - 77
Harrison - 76.5

thanks, unfortunately 2 of those 76.5 sacks were made while he played with the Bungals and thus don't count toward his total sacks made as a Steeler.

as a result, Deebo officially only has 74.5 sacks as a Pittsburgh Steeler and needs 3 more sacks to surpass the legendary and infamous Jason Gildong...

Steeldude
12-07-2015, 02:55 PM
thanks, unfortunately 2 of those 76.5 sacks were made while he played with the Bungals and thus don't count toward his total sacks made as a Steeler.

as a result, Deebo officially only has 74.5 sacks as a Pittsburgh Steeler and needs 3 more sacks to surpass the legendary and infamous Jason Gildong...

Oops, I forgot about that. I thought it was a few numbers too high. Hopefully Jones plays less and less as the season winds down.

tube517
12-07-2015, 03:15 PM
Funny, I was in a different forum (Before SF) altogether when Gildong played and someone used to refer him as Gildong over there. :chuckle:

Steeldude
12-07-2015, 04:22 PM
Funny, I was in a different forum (Before SF) altogether when Gildong played and someone used to refer him as Gildong over there. :chuckle:

The term Gildong comes from the site Stillers.com

Count Steeler
12-07-2015, 05:28 PM
Oops, I forgot about that. I thought it was a few numbers too high. Hopefully Jones plays less and less as the season winds down.

Yeah, now it is time to play. Harrison is going to have a monster month. I think he is going to put it into overdrive.

Mojouw
12-07-2015, 06:01 PM
I hope Harrison turns it on and becomes a holy terror in the pass rush for the rest of the regular season and a deep playoff run - but I just really doubt it.

He got all of his sacks against a basically emergency LT and the 2nd and 3rd string QBs. With 2 of the three sacks coming in basically garbage time where the defense could just pin its ears back and rush the passer.

I'm a hug Harrison fan, I promise, but the James Harrison that only had 2 sacks on the year prior to last night's game is far closer to the player he is at this point than the 2-3 sack per game terror he was in his prime.

Count Steeler
12-07-2015, 06:13 PM
I hope Harrison turns it on and becomes a holy terror in the pass rush for the rest of the regular season and a deep playoff run - but I just really doubt it.

He got all of his sacks against a basically emergency LT and the 2nd and 3rd string QBs. With 2 of the three sacks coming in basically garbage time where the defense could just pin its ears back and rush the passer.

I'm a hug Harrison fan, I promise, but the James Harrison that only had 2 sacks on the year prior to last night's game is far closer to the player he is at this point than the 2-3 sack per game terror he was in his prime.

Yeah, but it is getting close to Christmas.

I seem to remember that James was stronger at the end of the season, last year. I know, wishful thinking, but it is nice to dream.

Mojouw
12-07-2015, 07:57 PM
Yeah, but it is getting close to Christmas.

I seem to remember that James was stronger at the end of the season, last year. I know, wishful thinking, but it is nice to dream.

It would be awesome. Harrison goes on a turn back the clock rampage and the Steelers storm in to the playoffs on absolute fire. Averaging 450 yards per game and 35 points with 6 sacks and an INT per game on the other side of the ball.

I still have to wonder if Butler has anything truly wacky drawn up with all those linebackers...Shazier in Troy's old "big nickel" role, Heyward and Tuitt with their hands down, and then Deebo, Dupree, Moats, and Jones backed by 5 DBs. Can you imagine that line-up with one of those traditional Lebeau overload alignments? The tackle and the guard look-up and they have Harrison, Dupree, and Moats all on their side with Shazier and Jones milling about. Figure one of three things happens, a timeout, a false start, or a sack.

Count Steeler
12-07-2015, 09:36 PM
It would be awesome. Harrison goes on a turn back the clock rampage and the Steelers storm in to the playoffs on absolute fire. Averaging 450 yards per game and 35 points with 6 sacks and an INT per game on the other side of the ball.

I still have to wonder if Butler has anything truly wacky drawn up with all those linebackers...Shazier in Troy's old "big nickel" role, Heyward and Tuitt with their hands down, and then Deebo, Dupree, Moats, and Jones backed by 5 DBs. Can you imagine that line-up with one of those traditional Lebeau overload alignments? The tackle and the guard look-up and they have Harrison, Dupree, and Moats all on their side with Shazier and Jones milling about. Figure one of three things happens, a timeout, a false start, or a sack.

You're giving me goose bumps. As much as I love Ben and the offense, I will forever love a smash mouth defense that much more. 1976 was truly astounding.