PDA

View Full Version : Bouchette: Banning Ben Counter-Productive

stillers4me
09-06-2010, 07:52 AM
Monday, 06 September 2010 08:40

Written by Ed Bouchette http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/templates/pg_twn/images/emailButton.png (http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/component/mailto/?tmpl=component&link=aHR0cDovL3BsdXMuc2l0ZXMucG9zdC1nYXpldHRlLmNvb S9pbmRleC5waHAvc3BvcnRzLXRvd24vc3RlZWxlcnMvMTA0ODA xLWVkLWJhbm5pbmctYmVuLWNvdW50ZXItcHJvZHVjdGl2ZQ%3D %3D)

Good morning,
Okay, so I was wrong when I predicted not one Steelers cut would wind up with another team on Sunday. One didn’t; THREE did.
Tennessee claimed linebacker Patrick Bailey, Detroit claimed kick returner Stefan Logan and Buffalo claimed guard/center Kraig Urbik. Actually, others claimed Urbik as well – Cincinnati, Denver, Miami and the New York Jets – but he was awarded to the Lions based on their record last season, which is how the waiver system works (like the draft)...............................
http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports-town/steelers/104801-ed-banning-ben-counter-productive

Austin87
09-06-2010, 11:51 AM
So Ben isn't allowed near the team...that sucks.

siss
09-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Part of me says thats part of the consequence and he has to live with it...all of it. The other part of me says why does the team and the fans have to be punished for Bens indiscretions? The embarrassment and fan and team backlash alone should be enough of a punishment.

cold-hard-steel
09-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Good to reach down deep into your system sometimes,and see what you can do without one of your most important players.Ben still brought all this on himself,but oh well,thats been driven into the ground already.If he were to be injured,we would still have to use the same tactics.This is our chance to show our metal, STEEL, that is!!!!!

BlastFurnace
09-06-2010, 01:01 PM
...but had he been busted for snorting Coke or Marijuana and suspended 4 games....he's welcome on campus.

Perhaps he should have brought a gun into the Airport just to keep it real...he only loses a game check.

Perhaps if his name was Eric Foster and if he played D'line for the Colts and had the same allegations brought against him...you get no suspension or paychecks lost at all.

Maybe if he played RB and was a member of the Bengals and was arrested...AGAIN...maybe that's the answer. Do that and you get no suspension.

It's all about protecting the Shield...right Roger?

If the NFL had a decent players union...Ben is playing this weekend.

HometownGal
09-06-2010, 01:07 PM
The suspension was a crock of shit imho (the man was never charged or convicted of anything) but this is the meringue on the cream of bullshit pie. The NFL treats its convicted criminals better than this and only furthers my belief that GoodHell and his mindless twits are hell bent on making an example out of Ben and persecuting the Steelers for whatever hairbrained reason. Hell - the Pats* out and out CHEATED not only their opponents, the NFL and the fans but their blue haired smug owner and Belidick* weren't given anything more than slap on the wrist and fines that are chump change to those two cheating bastards. :mad2: It's beyond pitiful.

cold-hard-steel
09-06-2010, 01:16 PM
How is it possible to get rid of Goodell? I'm open to some offers. LOL

HometownGal
09-06-2010, 01:20 PM
How is it possible to get rid of Goodell? I'm open to some offers. LOL

Have Steeler Sal pay him a visit. :heh: ;)

cold-hard-steel
09-06-2010, 01:21 PM
For real,what would it take to get rid of him. What's the process that would have to take place?

stillers4me
09-06-2010, 01:21 PM

:toofunny:

cold-hard-steel
09-06-2010, 01:29 PM
:toofunny:

Ok Sal , lets get on it. Talk to me.

X-Terminator
09-06-2010, 01:30 PM

He'll make him an offer he can't refuse. :heh:

cold-hard-steel
09-06-2010, 01:31 PM
I could use a side job.

cold-hard-steel
09-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Ah i see, the old cement shoes routine. Or woodchipper. Or the trusty accidental death,or even the old make ya vanish trick.

HometownGal
09-06-2010, 01:57 PM
I could use a side job.

From some of your posts, seems to me you could also use a good swift kick in the hiney. :buttkick: :chuckle: ;)

HometownGal
09-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Ah i see, the old cement shoes routine. Or woodchipper. Or the trusty accidental death,or even the old make ya vanish trick.

I would never wish harm on anyone - not even that mindless jackwad.

Godfather
09-06-2010, 02:42 PM
He'll make him an offer he can't refuse. :heh:

Al Neri should take Goofdell fishing.

siss
09-06-2010, 02:43 PM
I would never wish harm on anyone - not even that mindless jackwad.

Thats why beating him with a wet noodle was my solution to the problem.

stillers4me
09-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Thats why beating him with a wet noodle was my solution to the problem.

I'd say a wet Terrible Towel is more appropriate. :sofunny:

Butch
09-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Let's invite him to go hunting with Chenney.

Go To Hell Godell!!!

siss
09-06-2010, 03:38 PM

Are you gunna hold the baby while I beat him or can we trade back and forth?

HometownGal
09-06-2010, 07:14 PM

Though the thought of it is disgustingly gross, I think beating that pussy with a wet tampon is more appropo. :heh:

SteelerSal
09-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Though the thought of it is disgustingly gross, I think beating that pussy with a wet tampon is more appropo. :heh:

:doh::lol:

SirHulka
09-07-2010, 04:31 AM
I keep telling you you're venting at the wrong person. It wasn't Goodell. (I'm not sticking up for him, I don't like him either) But the fact is, he met with Rooney before he suspended #7. This is all Rooney's attempt at straightening him out. Da Kommish was just the tool Rooney used.

Dino 6 Rings
09-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Here is what Ben should do, he should buy his own ticket to the game, and then, buy the tickets for about 50 kids that are underpriveledged, and then, take them all to the game and have his own "section" of kids all wearing the black and gold and be there at the game that way.

Public Relations 101.

SteelerSal
09-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Here is what Ben should do, he should buy his own ticket to the game, and then, buy the tickets for about 50 kids that are underpriveledged, and then, take them all to the game and have his own "section" of kids all wearing the black and gold and be there at the game that way.

Public Relations 101.

Would I be considered an underprivelaged kid?

cold-hard-steel
09-07-2010, 10:55 AM
From some of your posts, seems to me you could also use a good swift kick in the hiney. :buttkick: :chuckle: ;)

Ahhh man i thought i was bein good. Don't make me go Billybob on ya ! LOL I still am billybob ya know? Had to say it. Keep pickin on me. I have a couple extra bags of cement i don't know what to do with. LOL Maybe i should make a headstone for me. When you're done with me i may need it.

Craic
09-07-2010, 03:26 PM
While I completely agree with the suspension... I also agree with Bouchette's article here. It makes no sense that a person who did steroids gets to stay with the team through the suspension-when the violation was FOR THE GAME, and the person who put himself in TWO (2) situations where he could be accused of rape... but has NOTHING to do with football, has to be away from the team.

Wouldn't logic say that had to be reversed?

And no, a decent players union would stop protecting these idiots and allow many more suspensions to straighten up the National Felons League.

I keep saying it... but a disciplinary counsel of HOF players who understand the game with perspective to the overall picture would be much better than what we have now.

steelerdude15
09-07-2010, 03:32 PM
I keep telling you you're venting at the wrong person. It wasn't Goodell. (I'm not sticking up for him, I don't like him either) But the fact is, he met with Rooney before he suspended #7. This is all Rooney's attempt at straightening him out. Da Kommish was just the tool Rooney used.
Yup.