PDA

View Full Version : Week 12 - Game Balls & Goats?

86WARD
12-06-2015, 10:44 PM
Get the goats out of the way. Jacoby Jones.

Game Balls: Ben - was on fire. Possibly his best game of the year throwing the ball. Was money! AB - Only flaw in his game tonight was he couldn't stick the celebration. Williams - If you want to talk Steelers MVP, you HAVE to put his name in the conversation. He's been great and it showed tonight. I'll throw one James Harrison's way too. He's closing in on the Steelers sack record.

salamander
12-06-2015, 10:47 PM
Goat - Jacoby Jones

Game ball - Pretty much the rest of the team

Craic
12-06-2015, 11:01 PM
No reason even mentioning the goat, it's pretty self evident.

Gameball? I don't know, can you hand out 45 gameballs?

hawaiiansteeler
12-06-2015, 11:02 PM
AB - Only flaw in his game tonight was he couldn't stick the celebration.

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/antonio-brown-goal-post.jpg

st33lersguy
12-06-2015, 11:04 PM
Game Ball: Big Ben, AB, DWil, James Harrison and whatever fountain of youth he swims in, Cam Heyward, Timmons, Martavis Bryant

Game Goat: Jacoby Jones and AB deciding to jump into the goal posts. With Pittsburgh's terrible luck with injuries, it's a minor miracle he is not out for the season

zulater
12-06-2015, 11:20 PM
Obviously lineup the usual suspects. Ben, AB, DeAngelo.

But let's not forget the guys up front Give the big ugly's one to share. But also give big 78 one of his own. He shut out Mathis. Damn impressive.

Got two goats. One is obvious, Jacoby Jones, got to go!

The other was Cody Wallace. His stupid penalty could have been game changing. Took away a first down inside the 15 and gave the Steelers a 2nd and 25 when the game's outcome was still very much in the balance. What the hell was he thinking there? :frusty:

Otherwise high marks across the board for everyone. A few special mentions, though not quite game ball worthy. Jesse James early catches helped loosen up the coverage on the wide outs. Also his blocking was solid through the night. Another goes to Vince Williams. I've been wanting them to play him more, and when they finally game him the chance he came through big. Made 12 tackles on the night and was solid in coverage. And the thing is when he makes contact you go no further. Saved a few first downs with his solid tackling. Hope he earned more playing time ahead.

NCSteeler
12-06-2015, 11:21 PM
Gameball to Brown for rubbing Tomlin's nose in it with his Return TD. I know I know injury blah blah, list me the returns who have been hurt on STs? Blockers, gunners yes, but returners?

The Goat is Jacoby Raven, but it could have easily been "Fumblitis" Denver and Cinci won't be so easy on us if they don't hold the cold fully inflated ball better than that

Craic
12-06-2015, 11:26 PM
Gameball to Brown for rubbing Tomlin's nose in it with his Return TD.t

I swear, any other coach and it would have been "Great decision to pull the returner and put in Brown!" But the narrative on Tomlin's been written, so no matter what, it's "This in some way makes Tomlin look bad!"

Devilsdancefloor
12-06-2015, 11:28 PM
Goat: Jones

Heroes: Heyward & Deebo on D
Ben & AB on O

Psycho Ward 86
12-06-2015, 11:29 PM
One of the game balls needs to go to the fact that Blake wasnt on the field nearly as much as usual

st33lersguy
12-06-2015, 11:37 PM
I swear, any other coach and it would have been "Great decision to pull the returner and put in Brown!" But the narrative on Tomlin's been written, so no matter what, it's "This in some way makes Tomlin look bad!"

Strawman would have spun it into a negative

zoneblitzerII
12-07-2015, 12:05 AM
Ben was great tonight. He made smart decisions and some great throws. Steelers are fantastic at home. I wish they could play the rest of the year at home.

A special mention goes out to a fantastic player who has willed his way into a career playing football, Alejandro Villanueva.
What a fantastic story this is. Here is this giant of a man using the gifts that God gave him to his utmost ability to great success. I wonder how Ben feels having this army ranger hero protect Ben's blind side. I just love the Villanueva story.

Steel Peon
12-07-2015, 12:24 AM
The goats are Jacoby and the entire Colts team for straight out handing us a win.

NCSteeler
12-07-2015, 02:50 AM

That's total Bullshit. I don't run him down for everything, but in this case.
It totally does make him look bad. It's not like we had "good" performances from our return team and coach thought we needed a boost. He got backed into a corner by a lousy Dri and then by a lousy Jacoby, very little decision making left.

stillers4me
12-07-2015, 05:17 AM
That's total Bullshit. I don't run him down for everything, but in this case.
It totally does make him look bad. It's not like we had "good" performances from our return team and coach thought we needed a boost. He got backed into a corner by a lousy Dri and then by a lousy Jacoby, very little decision making left.

Sooooooo...it's a discredit to Tomlin that he was trying not to put the best damn receiver in the NFL and a vital piece of our offense in any unnecessary danger of injury? :doh:

Count Steeler
12-07-2015, 05:31 AM
Goat, Jacoby, see ya.

Game ball, Ben. He elevates the rest of the team. When he is on and the O Line gives him time, he is the best in the league.

86WARD
12-07-2015, 05:56 AM
Gameball to Brown for rubbing Tomlin's nose in it with his Return TD. I know I know injury blah blah, list me the returns who have been hurt on STs? Blockers, gunners yes, but returners?

I have yet to see any proof of the injuries...

NCSteeler
12-07-2015, 08:08 AM
Sooooooo...it's a discredit to Tomlin that he was trying not to put the best damn receiver in the NFL and a vital piece of our offense in any unnecessary danger of injury? :doh:

He is more likely to get injured running a route across the middle than fielding a punt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

polamalubeast
12-07-2015, 08:36 AM
10 TD pass in the last 2 game vs Colts for Ben!

steelerdude15
12-07-2015, 09:32 AM
A lot of people are getting game balls for last nights performance.

Ben gets a game ball for the great game he had. Over three hundred yards passing, four touchdowns, and no interceptions are great to see.

Williams gets a game ball for a great game. He had the fumble on the first drive, but played well the rest of the night. He was hitting the holes hard and he was also using good speed to get pass defenders when he was running to the outside.

Antonio gets a game ball for making some nice catches and also the punt return that went for a touchdown. He finished with 118 yards receiving and two receiving touchdowns.

The offensive line gets a game ball for opening up big holes in the run game and protecting Ben very well.

The defense gets a game ball for five sacks, not allowing Frank Gore to have 100 yards rushing, and for causing a few turnovers.

Also, the coaching staff gets a game ball for keeping the pedal to the metal in the second half of the game, effective game planning, and good play calling on both sides of the ball.

The only goat would be Jacoby for the two fumbles. I think its safe to say its over for him and he's another player that needs to be cut. He's dead weight.

ALLD
12-07-2015, 02:08 PM
I saw Timmons make a game preserving tackle on 3rd down, but I also saw Ben go long on 3rd and short. He did hit AB on one of those, but they need to take what the defense gives us.

AB gets game ball for best new celebration after scoring a TD. Ben gets honorable mention for being surgical after getting warmed up. He needs to do 15 minutes on the treadmill 30 minutes before the game. Boykin also gets a game ball for getting an interception despite the fact that nobody wanted him to ever play defense on this team.