PDA

View Full Version : Steelers linebacker Dupree making impact in 1st year

stillers4me
12-06-2015, 07:42 AM
Bud Dupree isn't interested in being great.

“I want to be better than great,” the Steelers rookie linebacker said. “All my life I've lived by that. For all the people who don't believe in me, they'll see soon.”

Enough people didn't believe in him before the NFL Draft this spring. That caused Kentucky standout, once was a projected top-10 pick, to tumble down the draft board. The Steelers were prepared to go in a different direction before it became apparent Dupree would fall to them at pick No. 22. The Steelers were so impressed that they drafted him despite having exhausted first-round picks on linebackers during the previous two drafts............

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9561345-74/dupree-steelers-colts#ixzz3tY2GySdS

salamander
12-06-2015, 07:44 AM
At least he's doing something, unlike a certain other first round LB that we have...

86WARD
12-06-2015, 09:24 AM
He's showing progress, he's contributing. Good signs so far.

lipps83
12-06-2015, 10:12 AM
I have no complaints about Dupree so far. One of the recent 1st rounders I have been impressed with.

Jones - 3rd rounder (at best) drafted in the 1st round. At best an average linebacker.

Shazier - talented enough to be a top linebacker in the league, however the most important ability he lacks in. Availability. Hopefully he can stay healthy for years to come.

Dupree - so far so good. needs a little refinement on technique but I haven't noticed any real glaring issues.

katmandu
12-06-2015, 10:13 AM
He's showing progress, he's contributing. Good signs so far.I can't wait for him to erupt and be explosive like the young Harrison once was. It will happen soon.

I still can't get used to him wearing #48. Strange seeing a LB wearing a number in the 40s. I guess that'll make him more unique.

86WARD
12-06-2015, 12:34 PM
I can't wait for him to erupt and be explosive like the young Harrison once was. It will happen soon.

I still can't get used to him wearing #48. Strange seeing a LB wearing a number in the 40s. I guess that'll make him more unique.

It's very strange. He has that "preseason look" to him...lol.

katmandu
12-06-2015, 12:55 PM
It's very strange. He has that "preseason look" to him...lol.He does doesn't he! I can't wait for him to start tearing shit up!

salamander
12-06-2015, 05:52 PM
I think he wears 48 because all the "traditional" LB jersey numbers were taken or aren't handed out anymore and he just stuck with it after pre-season. Definitely makes him unique, lol.

86WARD
12-06-2015, 06:26 PM
95 should be available soon.

steelerdude15
12-07-2015, 09:47 AM
I thing I really like about Bud is that he never quits. If you watch him closely, you'll notice that he chases opposing players down if the runner has gone past him or he'll even go to the other side of the field to help make the tackle. He's going to be a good one.