PDA

View Full Version : Knock out the starting QB strategy

ETL
12-01-2015, 11:02 PM
After what I saw on Sunday, if I was a defensive coordinator I would basically employ the:

KNOCK THE STARTING QB OUT OF THE GAME strategy.

Basically this involves repetitively hitting the other team's QB in the head - helmet to helmet.

It relies on the basic premise that a 15 yard penalty for roughing the passer in this manner is a small price to pay for a possible big payout - giving the other QB a concussion and then having the less prepared backup play.

Hell, I would even do it back to back to back and back and risk giving up 7 points if I can knock the starting star QB out.

(Obviously this is a joke but until the NFL realizes that 15 yards is not a lot to pay for possibility of knocking out the starting QB - I would as a defense take shots at the QB)

Hawkman
12-01-2015, 11:16 PM
After what I saw on Sunday, if I was a defensive coordinator I would basically employ the:

KNOCK THE STARTING QB OUT OF THE GAME strategy.

Basically this involves repetitively hitting the other team's QB in the head - helmet to helmet.

It relies on the basic premise that a 15 yard penalty for roughing the passer in this manner is a small price to pay for a possible big payout - giving the other QB a concussion and then having the less prepared backup play.

Hell, I would even do it back to back to back and back and risk giving up 7 points if I can knock the starting star QB out.

(Obviously this is a joke but until the NFL realizes that 15 yards is not a lot to pay for possibility of knocking out the starting QB - I would as a defense take shots at the QB)

I guess you can include this in a Steelers forum, because Ben got knocked out, but good lord how many starting and backup QBs have gone down this year.....at least for a game? Manning, BB, Flacco, Jones, McCowan, Bridgwater, Romo (twice), RGIII,......shall I keep going? So much for protecting the QB. Instead of getting concussions (more of them), legs and collar bones are getting messed up.