PDA

View Full Version : Look at HOW Shazier got this Concussion !

katmandu
12-01-2015, 08:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZruK0P3dy4o&feature=youtu.be

#45 nearly took his head off with a HARD ELBOW SHOT directly to his head ! Dude deserves a heavy fine for this cheap shot !

Shazier gets hit by another player and then smacks his head HARD of the turf.

And people have the audacity to call him made of GLASS after this ? Unreal. :ROLLEYES:

86WARD
12-01-2015, 09:19 PM
Yeah...that was a total cheap shot. I'm sure a fine won't come after that.

st33lersguy
12-01-2015, 09:25 PM
That is bush league

Steeldude
12-02-2015, 08:31 AM
It looked planned to me. I am sure Harrison will be fined for it.

katmandu
12-02-2015, 10:40 AM
It looked planned to me. I am sure Harrison will be fined for it.It was absolutely intentional. Hope the NFL reviews this play.

James better get his checkbook out. Lol !

steelreserve
12-02-2015, 10:51 AM
That was a block.

katmandu
12-02-2015, 11:09 AM
That was a block.An elbow to the head isn't a block.

It's a cheap shot intended to hurt someone. Exactly what #45 did.

katmandu
12-02-2015, 11:16 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000224872/article/evolution-of-the-rules-from-hashmarksto-crackback-blocks

It is illegal for a player to strike, swing, or club an opponent in the head, neck, or face even if the initial contact is below the neck.

steelreserve
12-02-2015, 11:51 AM
An elbow to the head isn't a block.

It's a cheap shot intended to hurt someone. Exactly what #45 did.

Looked pretty similar to a lot of plays that we would've/have applauded as awesome aggressive blocks when done by our team.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2009/03/24/NFL-approves-Hines-Ward-rule/stories/200903240116

Really, I didn't see anything wrong with it. Football is supposed to be rough, people get hit in the head all the time for a variety of reasons, and every single time your player gets injured is not always a dirty play. For the love of god, can we stop with that literally EVERY time a Steelers player is hurt.

lipps83
12-02-2015, 12:13 PM
Looked pretty similar to a lot of plays that we would've/have applauded as awesome aggressive blocks when done by our team.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2009/03/24/NFL-approves-Hines-Ward-rule/stories/200903240116

Really, I didn't see anything wrong with it. Football is supposed to be rough, people get hit in the head all the time for a variety of reasons, and every single time your player gets injured is not always a dirty play. For the love of god, can we stop with that literally EVERY time a Steelers player is hurt.

I agree. It looks more like he was trying to block Shazier with his shoulder and any other contact was incidental.

It is just like every time the other team makes a great play, majority of fans says 'such and such could have done such and such better' and can't even begin to acknowledge that the other team just might have been better in that moment. Anything to take away the accomplishments of the opposition.

katmandu
12-02-2015, 12:26 PM
It is just like every time the other team makes a great play, majority of fans says 'such and such could have done such and such better' and can't even begin to acknowledge that the other team just might have been better in that moment. Anything to take away the accomplishments of the opposition.Good Lord people..... :rolleyes:

Morale around here has gone to shit as of late.

I know it's been a frustrating season and all but get over it already.

TeeTee
12-02-2015, 03:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZruK0P3dy4o&feature=youtu.be

#45 nearly took his head off with a HARD ELBOW SHOT directly to his head ! Dude deserves a heavy fine for this cheap shot !

Shazier gets hit by another player and then smacks his head HARD of the turf.

And people have the audacity to call him made of GLASS after this ? Unreal. :ROLLEYES:

Ok, so tell me about the other dozen games he has missed in two seasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Mojouw
12-02-2015, 04:03 PM
Ok, so tell me about the other dozen games he has missed in two seasons.

- - - Updated - - -
Okay. Tried this earlier. But we can keep going over it until you get it. It is the same way I trained my dog not to poop in the house.

Shazier missed 4 games this season (Weeks 3, 4, 5, and 6) due to a "stinger" that was originally supposed to be a week or so. Then the doctors determined that there was a more significant injury to a nerve. You know those things that are crucial to your body functioning, let along playing LB in the NFL. Since nerve injuries are basically a crapshoot on how long they take to heal, Shazier was out 2 more weeks than originally predicted.

Last season he missed Weeks 4, 5, 6, and 7 with a knee injury. 4 weeks for a strained knee ligament is basically the industry standard. He also missed weeks 10 and 11 for another injury that I can't seem to remember right now.

So best case, he puts this behind him and a string of "unlucky" injuries is all this is and he becomes a stalwart LB. Worst case, he is the Steelers version of Sean Lee or Bob Sanders.

At this point he has missed less games than Bell has. Less games than Roethlisberger, less games than Pouncey, less games than Troy P used to. So, are all those others injury concerns?

steelreserve
12-02-2015, 04:47 PM
At this point he has missed less games than Bell has. Less games than Roethlisberger, less games than Pouncey, less games than Troy P used to. So, are all those others injury concerns?

Those are/were actually all injury concerns, although I'd say Ben has been more durable than most.

What I don't get is, if these players ARE injury-prone, what people propose we do about it. We already have the players. What are we supposed to do, get rid of them? All you can do is make sure you have the best backup that you can. And at those particular positions, we've actually done fairly well at that.

Mojouw
12-02-2015, 04:54 PM
Those are/were actually all injury concerns, although I'd say Ben has been more durable than most.

What I don't get is, if these players ARE injury-prone, what people propose we do about it. We already have the players. What are we supposed to do, get rid of them? All you can do is make sure you have the best backup that you can. And at those particular positions, we've actually done fairly well at that.

I agree totally. I think all of those players are or were almost constant injury worries. But most of them played at a level that it was worth sticking it out. The point about back-ups is well made. Something I feel the Steelers have done a real good job of the last couple of seasons at most positions,

All I was really trying to do is to get TeeTee to actual stake out his argument, rather than just make dismissive statements about Shazier being made of glass. What is his standard for "injury prone" and what players are or are not worth riding it out when they are injury prone? For instance, the Colts felt that it wasn't any longer with Sanders while the Cowboys feel that it is with Sean Lee. Now Shazier has a ways to go to prove he is at the level of those two players, but I feel he has the physical and mental abilities to get there.

zoneblitzerII
12-02-2015, 10:02 PM
Sad to see this player out. But man, that was a deliberate headshot. That player should be fined.

katmandu
12-02-2015, 10:19 PM
All I was really trying to do is to get TeeTee to actual stake out his argument, rather than just make dismissive statements about Shazier being made of glass. What is his standard for "injury prone" and what players are or are not worth riding it out when they are injury prone? For instance, the Colts felt that it wasn't any longer with Sanders while the Cowboys feel that it is with Sean Lee. Now Shazier has a ways to go to prove he is at the level of those two players, but I feel he has the physical and mental abilities to get there.x2.

There is no Standard at all for calling someone "injury prone". That's why I throw the BS flag on them.

Shazier has to do a far better job at PROTECTING his body. He's a small LB and he's in the big boy league now and he needs to make adjustments to make his career last longer.

I wouldn't mind seeing him move to SS. I think he'd be a great Safety.

Mojouw
12-04-2015, 09:50 AM
x2.

There is no Standard at all for calling someone "injury prone". That's why I throw the BS flag on them.

Shazier has to do a far better job at PROTECTING his body. He's a small LB and he's in the big boy league now and he needs to make adjustments to make his career last longer.

I wouldn't mind seeing him move to SS. I think he'd be a great Safety.

I could see that. Not quite ready to give up on him as a LB, but I could see him as the in the box safety in Butler's scheme.

fansince'76
12-04-2015, 10:05 AM
All I was really trying to do is to get TeeTee to actual stake out his argument, rather than just make dismissive statements about Shazier being made of glass.

It's so much easier to post a video of a hippo farting, though...

hawaiiansteeler
12-04-2015, 11:39 AM
Shazier is obviously just an injury-prone pussy on PEDs...

tube517
12-04-2015, 11:48 AM
http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/5111257/Libbey-Heavy-Base-20-oz-Iced-Tea-Glasses-Pack-of-12-P12962346.jpg :chuckle:

hawaiiansteeler
12-04-2015, 12:03 PM
http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/5111257/Libbey-Heavy-Base-20-oz-Iced-Tea-Glasses-Pack-of-12-P12962346.jpg :chuckle:

his nickname should be "Glass Shandelier"

http://hominicious.com/wp-content/uploads/Wine-Glass-Chandelier.jpg