PDA

View Full Version : Any update on Heath?

zulater
12-01-2015, 06:31 PM
The guy is a pretty important player and ironically I haven't heard a peep about his injury since he went out Sunday? Ido have to admit that Jesse James has been impressive in his place. But he's still not Heath! I sure hope Heath is back this Sunday! :pray:

tube517
12-01-2015, 06:34 PM

Also, Tomlin said they will probably work Jesse more this week until they find out if Heath can go.

Hawkman
12-01-2015, 06:39 PM
I love the "rib injury"!! Cracked, bruised....What?

ThorndikeFFA
12-02-2015, 08:47 AM
Heath has a rib.

86WARD
12-02-2015, 10:21 AM
Still day to day. I have faith in The Outlaw!

katmandu
12-02-2015, 10:44 AM
I do have to admit that Jesse James has been impressive in his place. I have full faith in this kid. I think he's going to be a monster and good replacment once Heath takes his toys and goes home.

But, he is NO Heath.

steelreserve
12-02-2015, 12:06 PM
James is the same kind of receiver that Spaeth is - find a spot that happens to be open and catch the ball with your back to the opponent's goal line. Although he is WAY less awkward than Spaeth, with better hands and better at finding those open spots.

What he is NOT is the kind of receiver that will go out and simply beat a defender, get open 15 yards down the field and be a danger to run it for another 20, or make an amazing grab threaded between two defenders draped all over him. I don't think he'll ever be that; a guy with his frame just may not be cut out for it. So if we are looking for a 1:1 replacement for Heath, we have to keep looking; if we tweak the way we use the tight end, he may be a perfectly good one. Regardless, I think he'll be a massive upgrade as a #2 TE when he fully acclimates, and a hell of a find that low in the draft. Although with the number of picks we've used on useless TEs on the last day of the draft, finally finding a good one means we're probably doing about as well as should be expected.

lipps83
12-02-2015, 12:15 PM
I have full faith in this kid. I think he's going to be a monster and good replacment once Heath takes his toys and goes home.

But, he is NO Heath.

Are you sure? Every time the kid makes a play everyone still yells "HEEEEAAATHHH!!"

katmandu
12-02-2015, 12:30 PM
James is the same kind of receiver that Spaeth is - find a spot that happens to be open and catch the ball with your back to the opponent's goal line. Although he is WAY less awkward than Spaeth, with better hands and better at finding those open spots.

What he is NOT is the kind of receiver that will go out and simply beat a defender, get open 15 yards down the field and be a danger to run it for another 20, or make an amazing grab threaded between two defenders draped all over him. I don't think he'll ever be that; a guy with his frame just may not be cut out for it. So if we are looking for a 1:1 replacement for Heath, we have to keep looking; if we tweak the way we use the tight end, he may be a perfectly good one. Regardless, I think he'll be a massive upgrade as a #2 TE when he fully acclimates, and a hell of a find that low in the draft. Although with the number of picks we've used on useless TEs on the last day of the draft, finally finding a good one means we're probably doing about as well as should be expected.I agree. He will be a huge upgrade over Spaeth. He is no Heath but hopefully with good coaching and experience he'll improve much more.

It would be great if the Steelers could find a monster TE like Gronk or Megatron.

Steelman
12-02-2015, 03:32 PM
Jesse James has come a LONG way from that HOF game in preseason. Talk about a rough start.

Rotorhead
12-02-2015, 04:13 PM
I think he will be fine, he can bulk up a little and learn to be a good blocker like Heath. I am hopeful Heath will be ready to go, but honestly I would rather have him back in a week if it means he is 100% rather than this week. I think we can beat Indy without Heath.

hawaiiansteeler
12-02-2015, 11:19 PM
Gerry Dulac's Steelers chat transcript: 12.2.15

TX_Steeler: How is Heath's health? Will the rib injury keep him off the field this week?

Gerry Dulac: I'm going to guess he probably won't play, but will know a little more on Friday

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/12/02/Gerry-Dulac-s-Steelers-chat-transcript-12-2-15/stories/201512020179

GutterflowerSteel
12-04-2015, 05:50 PM
Jesse James has been tutored by the best ~ sounds like he's ready :tt02:

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Jesse James can admit it now. The first few months of his NFL career were just kind of weird.

The Pittsburgh Steelers rookie tight end did everything that was asked of him during the week. Then gameday would arrive and he would find himself on the inactive list, wearing sweats instead of his No. 81 jersey. The last time that happened, James was a freshman at South Allegheny High, a short 40-minute drive south of Heinz Field.

Standing around on the sideline, adrenaline pumping with nowhere to go, took some getting used to.

''I tried to make it into a good thing,'' James said.

Don't get James wrong, he totally understood. When you're a rookie playing behind veterans Heath Miller and Matt Spaeth, there isn't a lot of playing time to go around. So the fifth-round pick basically attached himself to tight ends coach James Daniel and soaked up whatever wisdom Miller and Spaeth threw his way.

Read the rest here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rookie-tight-end-james-taking-larger-role-steelers-230622472--nfl.html

Psycho Ward 86
12-04-2015, 08:56 PM
heath is listed as questioanble