PDA

View Full Version : Not much mention of Shazier, man of glass

TeeTee
11-30-2015, 03:30 PM
Once is not meaningful. Twice is eyebrow raising, thrice is a trend.

Shazier can't stay healthy.

Period.

I still wonder if he's on PEDs, as some will make some players brittle. He had no injuries in college, but played about 25 lbs lighter.

He shows up at the combine, ripped with muscle definition, while weighing 25 lbs more, losing no speed with the added weight.

But then the injuries come...and come and come.

Good thing we got Spence and Williams. Shazier is reminding me of a guy named Bell, who never could stay in one piece.

katmandu
11-30-2015, 03:34 PM
Once is not meaningful. Twice is eyebrow raising, thrice is a trend.

Shazier can't stay healthy.

Period. Yea, Ben is big pussy too and can't keep himself healthy!

Pussies! Both of them! Time to get rid of these wussies that keep getting themselves hurt!

Throw in Pouncey, Beachum and Bell too ! Look how often they keep getting themselves hurt! Pouncy and Bell multiple times ! They keep on getting themselves hurt and can't keep themselves healthy!

Just a bunch of glass-assed pussies all of them !

ALLD
11-30-2015, 03:38 PM
They aren't pussies. They sacrifice their bodies to make plays. Ryan Clark was no pussy either. He was the hardest hitter in Steeler history and only altitude got to him.

fansince'76
11-30-2015, 03:39 PM
Yea, Ben is big pussy too and can't keep himself healthy!

Pussies! Both of them! Time to get rid of these wussies that keep getting themselves hurt!

Throw in Pouncey, Beachum and Bell too ! Look how often they keep getting themselves hurt! Pouncy and Bell multiple times ! They keep on getting themselves hurt and can't keep themselves healthy!

Just a bunch of glass-assed pussies all of them !

:lol:

katmandu
11-30-2015, 03:48 PM
They aren't pussies. They sacrifice their bodies to make plays. Ryan Clark was no pussy either. He was the hardest hitter in Steeler history and only altitude got to him.No, they are all big pussies that keep on getting themselves hurt!

Ryan Clark was a big pussy that kept on giving himself concussions! Just a big pussy! Made of glass ! Couldn't keep himself healthy!

st33lersguy
11-30-2015, 03:59 PM
No, they are all big pussies that keep on getting themselves hurt!

Ryan Clark was a big pussy that kept on giving himself concussions! Just a big pussy! Made of glass ! Couldn't keep himself healthy!

Ryan Clark was a big pussy for not playing in Denver the Steelers last few meetings even though he almost died the last meeting he played in

katmandu
11-30-2015, 04:08 PM
Ryan Clark was a big pussy for not playing in Denver the Steelers last few meetings even though he almost died the last meeting he played inExactly! Look what Clark did to himself by giving himself Sickle Cell Trait and then almost dying ! What a PUSSY !

What about Ike Taylor ! Remember how he gave himself a broken forearm ? Just can't keep himself healthy the big pussy !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=husgSppk9yQ

Rotorhead
11-30-2015, 04:13 PM
Is that the poker playing TeeTee or the team doctor TeeTee posting? I just need to know so I don't pose a straw man argument against your assumption.

katmandu
11-30-2015, 04:14 PM
Who could forget the biggest Steeler's pussy of all.... JACK LAMBERT !!

Remember how he gave himself Turf Toe just so he wouldn't have to play football anymore ! Talk about a real pussy !

katmandu
11-30-2015, 04:30 PM
Look what this big pussy did to his own ankle!

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/012012/1331836704_reactions_on_chris_kupers_ankle_injury. gif

TeeTee
11-30-2015, 04:38 PM
No, they are all big pussies that keep on getting themselves hurt!

Clearly a straw man argument. Why don't you just converse without straw man arguments? If you are trying to claim Shazier isn't injury prone, then, whooda, whooda, whooooda, have fun on denial island.

B&GFever
11-30-2015, 04:52 PM
I won't be condescending its just not hospitable .

I think its to early to throw in the towel on him but at the same time I think their is reason for concern , he does not throw his body around more than say Troy did ... and he is hurt a bunch more

named the starter as a rookie last year yet logged 9 games played with 5 starts ( less than ideal )

is the starter this year and has started 7 of 11 contests and inactive all other weeks due to injury ...

is this ideal , no not close

is this reason to release him and give up on him , not a chance

should we be concerned , clearly we should be but its early yet

86WARD
11-30-2015, 04:54 PM
Let's be serious...Shazier is a pussy. Ben isn't a big time QB but he's not a pussy. He does it for the drama. He'll play on Sunday against the Colts...the whole "concussion thing" was for effect.

It's another "poker play"..."if you will".

katmandu
11-30-2015, 05:26 PM
If you are trying to claim Shazier isn't injury prone, then, whooda, whooda, whooooda, have fun on denial island.So by your Standard of Measures, Ben, Pouncey, Bell and Beachum are ALL "Injury Prone" as well. Or are you applying a double standard because you like them ? What Standard do you want to use ?

Here's the Definition of "Injury Prone"....

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/injury-prone

injury-prone (ˈɪndʒərɪˌprəʊn)

Definitions

adjective

often sustaining injuries ⇒ ■ the most injury-prone rider on the circuit

By the Definition above, Ben, Pouncey, Beachum and Bell ARE Injury Prone as well and therefore PUSSIES that can't keep themselves healthy !

Injury Prone is a BULLSHIT, VICTIM BLAMING term and nothing else.

Football is an extremely violent sport as is hockey and rugby. Shit happens and players bodies get the shit beat out of them. Not much different that cars in demolition derbies.

People that Victim blame players for being "Injury Prone" have quite obviously NEVER played a contact sport and sustained bad injuries themselves or else they would KNOW it is absolute utter BULLSHIT tactic.

katmandu
11-30-2015, 05:42 PM
It's another "poker play"..."if you will".Well, TeeTee just got Trump-ed !

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/11-30-2015/FwM66A.gif

zulater
11-30-2015, 06:24 PM
I heard Shazier was taken out to be evaluated for possible concussion symptoms. I'm not sure if he was cleared to go back in, but I did hear he wanted to go back in and Tomlin forbade it.

Yeah it's true Ryan has had trouble staying on the field through his first two years. Obviously you hope at some point he can go for long spell of games injury free so we can get a chance to see what sort of player he can develop into. And while it's fair to cite Kendrell Bell as a possible career path Shazier could be headed down. It's also worth mentioning that Gregg Lloyd spent his first two NFL seasons as a spectator due to several unrelated knee injuries. I'm glad Noll didn't pull the plug on him due to his being such a "man of glass."

zoneblitzerII
11-30-2015, 08:29 PM
He has small frame but he does read and react well to the ball. I'd seriously consider converting him to safety.

Mojouw
11-30-2015, 08:39 PM
He doesn't have "nagging" injuries. He tends to hurt shoulders and knees. And his noggin. Hopefully a run of bad luck, like Zu mentioned with Lloyd.

I would be more concerned if it was Woodley type injuries - muscle pulls and what not that just never seem to go away.

katmandu
11-30-2015, 09:39 PM
He doesn't have "nagging" injuries. He tends to hurt shoulders and knees. And his noggin. Hopefully a run of bad luck, like Zu mentioned with Lloyd.

I would be more concerned if it was Woodley type injuries - muscle pulls and what not that just never seem to go away.Right. Now a player like Woodley who chose NOT to keep his body in shape, made himself "injury prone".

- - - Updated - - -

He has small frame but he does read and react well to the ball. I'd seriously consider converting him to safety.Back in Training Camp, Tomlin used to call him...."Big Safety".

Personally, I think he'd make a hell of a Safety. Especially if he lost 15-20lbs to increase his speed.

smokin3000gt
12-01-2015, 12:36 AM
Clearly a straw man argument. Why don't you just converse without straw man arguments? If you are trying to claim Shazier isn't injury prone, then, whooda, whooda, whooooda, have fun on denial island.

http://ai201507.99streets.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/straw-man-300x233.jpg

tube517
12-01-2015, 08:22 AM

fansince'76
12-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Mike Tomlin issues a firm warning to Ryan Shazier after injury

Pittsburgh Steelers LB Ryan Shazier exited Sunday’s 39-30 loss to the Seattle Seahawks in the middle of the second quarter after sustaining an injury that was later confirmed as a concussion.

For all the people who declare Shazier is “injury prone,” Sunday’s early exit was just icing on what has been an otherwise disappointing cake.

Those people should know, If Shazier had his way, he would have been back in the game immediately.

Shazier appeared to be woozy on Pittsburgh’s sideline after sustaining a helmet-to-helmet hit on one of Seattle’s first drives of the second quarter. Team trainers noticed the collision and began to monitor Shazier, but he quickly shrugged them off, insisting everything was fine.

Fortunately for him, head coach Mike Tomlin went into full-blown dad mode.

“You will listen to these doctors, and you’ll do it now,” Tomlin told Shazier according to Peter King of Sports Illustrated.

Read more: Mike Tomlin issues a firm warning to Ryan Shazier after injury (http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/12/01/mike-tomlin-ryan-shazier-injury-concussion-protocol-seahawks-week-12/)

tube517
12-01-2015, 10:49 AM

Pittsburgh Steelers LB Ryan Shazier exited Sunday’s 39-30 loss to the Seattle Seahawks in the middle of the second quarter after sustaining an injury that was later confirmed as a concussion.

For all the people who declare Shazier is “injury prone,” Sunday’s early exit was just icing on what has been an otherwise disappointing cake.

Those people should know, If Shazier had his way, he would have been back in the game immediately.

Shazier appeared to be woozy on Pittsburgh’s sideline after sustaining a helmet-to-helmet hit on one of Seattle’s first drives of the second quarter. Team trainers noticed the collision and began to monitor Shazier, but he quickly shrugged them off, insisting everything was fine.

“You will listen to these doctors, and you’ll do it now,” Tomlin told Shazier according to Peter King of Sports Illustrated.

Read more: Mike Tomlin issues a firm warning to Ryan Shazier after injury (http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/12/01/mike-tomlin-ryan-shazier-injury-concussion-protocol-seahawks-week-12/)

Glass glass glass. :sarcasm:

smokin3000gt
12-01-2015, 12:24 PM

Coach Momlin being a players coach again. How much more of this will we tolerate!!?

Born2Steel
12-01-2015, 12:31 PM
Anyone remember Steve Deberg playing QB for the Chiefs when he had pins in his pinky finger? They actually stuck out thru the tip of the finger and he still took snaps from under center.

LLT
12-01-2015, 12:49 PM
Post deleted from facebook since...well...the original poster made insinuations about a player being on drugs.

Seriously folks use some freaking common sense!! We have BANNED people in the past for this very thing!!! These posts go out on facebook and twitter and this site IS responsible for the content.

Rotorhead
12-01-2015, 01:02 PM
I am thinking it is just bad luck so far. Concussions are different now than before, as there is a separate doctor on the sidelines and the NFL is focused on them more then ever before, so you can't really compare that to before and of course those are going to be more frequent. Last year it was the wrist, this year was the knee. Ben has been out almost as much as Shazier this year also, but he doesn't have to run, cut and tackle like Shazier. Fortunately we have Spence and Williams to back up Shazier so maybe they are not so quick to get him back out there and can let him heal up a little bit longer, unlike Ben.

SteelerFanInStl
12-01-2015, 02:09 PM
It looked like #46 just lined him up and popped him with his helmet.

smokin3000gt
12-01-2015, 02:20 PM
Post deleted from facebook since...well...the original poster made insinuations about a player being on drugs.

Seriously folks use some freaking common sense!! We have BANNED people in the past for this very thing!!! These posts go out on facebook and twitter and this site IS responsible for the content.

Definitely a ban hammer offense. In this case we should expedite sentencing.

TeeTee
12-01-2015, 02:45 PM
Look what this big pussy did to his own ankle!

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/012012/1331836704_reactions_on_chris_kupers_ankle_injury. gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGZkCPo7tC0

- - - Updated - - -

I won't be condescending its just not hospitable .

I think its to early to throw in the towel on him but at the same time I think their is reason for concern , he does not throw his body around more than say Troy did ... and he is hurt a bunch more

named the starter as a rookie last year yet logged 9 games played with 5 starts ( less than ideal )

is the starter this year and has started 7 of 11 contests and inactive all other weeks due to injury ...

is this ideal , no not close

is this reason to release him and give up on him , not a chance

should we be concerned , clearly we should be but its early yet

I NEVER EVER said to cut him right now, just that the trend clearly shows a player who is injured far too often to be trusted and relied on. Can the trend change? Sure. Does it need to in order or him to be worthy of his draft slot? Damn skippy.

- - - Updated - - -

So by your Standard of Measures, Ben, Pouncey, Bell and Beachum are ALL "Injury Prone" as well. Or are you applying a double standard because you like them ? What Standard do you want to use ?

Here's the Definition of "Injury Prone"....

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/injury-prone

By the Definition above, Ben, Pouncey, Beachum and Bell ARE Injury Prone as well and therefore PUSSIES that can't keep themselves healthy !

Injury Prone is a BULLSHIT, VICTIM BLAMING term and nothing else.

Football is an extremely violent sport as is hockey and rugby. Shit happens and players bodies get the shit beat out of them. Not much different that cars in demolition derbies.

People that Victim blame players for being "Injury Prone" have quite obviously NEVER played a contact sport and sustained bad injuries themselves or else they would KNOW it is absolute utter BULLSHIT tactic.

Enjoy your feeble straw man island. I don't participate in dishonest discussion. YOU are the ones asserting that everyone hurt is a pussy; I never made any assertion of that manner, only YOU did. So, welcome to straw man island. Enjoy your stay on delusion beech.

Mojouw
12-01-2015, 02:52 PM
So Shazier hurt his knee last year and took about the long side of standard to heal up. He then didn't play because he basically lost his starting spot.

This season he has a nerve injury which is by all medical experts accounts totally unpredictable in its recovery time.

He then bounces his head around three hard objects on one play. His coach and doctors bench him for medical reasons.

Explain the injury prone argument to me? I'm serious. Woodley was injury prone. Troy Polamalu was injury prone. Shazier seems, at this point, to be unlucky.

TeeTee
12-01-2015, 02:54 PM
http://ai201507.99streets.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/straw-man-300x233.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3Sv3G8QoDg

TeeTee
12-01-2015, 03:20 PM
So Shazier hurt his knee last year and took about the long side of standard to heal up. He then didn't play because he basically lost his starting spot.

This season he has a nerve injury which is by all medical experts accounts totally unpredictable in its recovery time.

He then bounces his head around three hard objects on one play. His coach and doctors bench him for medical reasons.

Explain the injury prone argument to me? I'm serious. Woodley was injury prone. Troy Polamalu was injury prone. Shazier seems, at this point, to be unlucky.

Woodley was injury prone because he let himself get too fat. My definition of "injury prone" is a player who keeps getting hurt, regardless of how. Glass-zier is on a trend towards being unable to play too often. Can that trend change? Sure. Does it need to in order for him not to be a draft bust? Yup.

teegre
12-01-2015, 05:48 PM
Why don't you just converse without straw man arguments?

Why? Because, no one takes you seriously.

When we see a thread started by you, we don't even bother to read the content. We immediately assume you've posted some "annoying as shit" rhetoric... loaded with bait.

(bait = you wait for any response, and bring out your "strawman" response... which, 9 times out of 10, derails your own thread)

Simply, Katmandu is being proactive in the playing of the ever-so-fun game of "kick the troll." [NOTE: Even the Russian judge has given Katmandu a 10 for his post]

Now... I fully expect you to respond with a "hippo farting" video, as well as trolling me in several other threads, because your second favorite activity (besides trolling) is being butthurt. :jerkit:

fansince'76
12-01-2015, 05:51 PM
Damn international bankers...

katmandu
12-01-2015, 08:39 PM
Just curious TeeTee..... how old are you ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3Sv3G8QoDg

stillers4me
12-01-2015, 08:46 PM
Click on the pic

katmandu
12-01-2015, 08:47 PM
My definition of "injury prone" is a player who keeps getting hurt, regardless of how. Throw in Ben, Pouncey, Beachum and Bell too ! Look how often they keep getting themselves hurt! Pouncy and Bell multiple times !

They keep on getting themselves hurt and can't keep themselves healthy! All a bunch of injury prone (YOUR Definition) pussies !

86WARD
12-01-2015, 09:23 PM
Bell is terrible. Injured more than he's not...or suspended.

tube517
12-20-2015, 10:14 PM
I guess glass men arent supposed to make key INTs late in the game. Glashazier!

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

fansince'76
12-20-2015, 10:16 PM
Please stop bumping chucklehead's threads. :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
12-20-2015, 11:21 PM
had some great pass deflections throughout the game as well. that INT was legit, not an easy grab to make. hopefully he keeps picking things up. still have to wonder how healthy he ACTUALLY is based on his polamalu-mimicry at the beginning of the season...

86WARD
12-21-2015, 05:13 AM
I guess glass men arent supposed to make key INTs late in the game. Glashazier!

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Probably broke a finger.

tube517
06-08-2016, 12:47 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/06/shazier-beats-brown-wheaton-coates-race/

Glass is fast!!! :chuckle:

ALLD
06-08-2016, 03:50 PM
What about DHB? He was the fastest in the draft.

tube517
06-08-2016, 04:01 PM
What about DHB? He was the fastest in the draft.

He dropped the invitation to the race.

pczach
06-08-2016, 04:15 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/06/shazier-beats-brown-wheaton-coates-race/

Glass is fast!!! :chuckle:

Holy Memory Lane Batman!

I wasn't around here when this thread reared its ugly head, but I see it has been resurrected. LOL! :lol:

Shazier is like freaking lightning!

polamalubeast
07-31-2016, 03:32 PM

I predict a Monster year for him this year!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

stillers4me
07-31-2016, 03:34 PM
Feel free to post training camp tweets in the Training Camp tweets thread instead of pulling up old threads that are nearly a year old! Thanks!

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/25932-2016-Training-Camp-Tweets-and-Stuff

fansince'76
07-31-2016, 03:35 PM
Feel free to post training camp tweets in the Training Camp tweets tread instead of pulling up old threads that are nearly a year old! Thanks!

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/25932-2016-Training-Camp-Tweets-and-Stuff

Particularly ones that were started by blithering idiot trolls.