PDA

View Full Version : The Bad version of the Killer B's: Bend, Bend, Bend, Break!!!

StillCurtains
11-30-2015, 02:47 PM
Here we are!

There are several things that have gone on this season that have left me and several others to scratch our heads. The decisions in personel, playcalling, and in game decision making has dominated this season, only taking a back seat to the suspensions and injuries. The answers that Tomlin gives in his pressers are supposed to provide us with confidence in the decisions he has made throughout the season.

We are now 12 weeks in with 11 games played. We have failed in a fake punt this season, and now we have a failed FG attempt. The FG attempt was attempted in the first quarter. What reason do we attempt this? I have no idea. Our head coach answered that question at halftime stating: "We're not going to live in our fears." Well said coach!

We then need not to live in our fears with just over 3 minutes remaining in the game. We're trailing by 5, 4th and goal at the 3 yard line with 2 timeouts left. Going for it would be risky, but being that the defense had yet to stop the offense in the second half, it would be a no brainer.

If you don't convert, you have Seattle pinned deep in their own territory. We kick the FG! I thought we're not going to live in our fears? Seattle gets the ball back, goes a quick 80 yards in 2 plays and game over. We also have Haley at his pressers constantly saying: "We left points on the field." This is very true, but when you call deep shots down the field on 3rd and 2 all season, you're going to leave points out there.

You don't call those plays on 3rd and short. You call a high percentage play to get the necessary yardage to extend the drive. This is the main reason our drives stall. Then we have our bend but don't break defense. The yardage from week to week just kept piling up and piling up. It has been constantly bending, bending and bending. Instead of doing something to stop the bending, our coaching staff feels that it can still get by. Against Seattle the levy finally broke.

Early on while seeing the struggles of Blake, we've had these comments said about Blake. Tomlin: "I like the physicality he brings to the game." "He works hard, he's a tough guy." Butler: "He plays as hard as he can." "He's the first guy here and the last guy out." " He has a short memory and goes to the next play." "He's a tough little guy."

Carnell Lake: "We like the group we have." "They have great chemistry and good communication."
Blake has 2 picks on the season and this has fooled many to throw support to him. I was not impressed and he never passed the eye test. Then even here on this board, speculation starts coming about on Boykin in defense of Blake such as:

Blake is outperforming him in practice. Boykin doesn't know the defense. Boykin has character issues. I chalked it up as favoritizm in being Tomlin's pet. Many have said that it was ridiculous. Can anyone see it now? He's on the field with an injury, yet still plays. His supposed strength is tackling and he misses regularly.

Against Seattle he led the team with 5 missed tackles. He also had 2 special teams penalties for good measure. He gave up 2 TD's yesterday, and the nail in the coffin was his missed tackle for the 80 yard TD by Baldwin.

So now to me, the season has come down to trust. Many say they have faith in the coach's decisions. The answers to the questions that are given at the pressers, how do you feel about them? We're 11 games in, and seeing is believing.

I would like to have Maury Pouvich to ask to handle Tomlin's pressers. It would kind of go like this.
Maury: You said that you're not going to live in your fears: The results on the field determined, That was a lie!

You say that Blake is the best option you have at the position: The results on the field determined, That was a lie!

You said that the players were healthy, prepared and ready to go vs Seattle after the bye week: The results on the field determined: That was a lie!
I hope we all get the picture here. I know we had suspensions and multiple injuries, but some of the decisions made through the course of this season, could have given us at least 2 more wins by using common sense.

Tomlin and his staff have to realize that just because the things they run on Madden 16, doesn't mean it will translate in a real game. That's exactly what it seems Tomlin is doing at times, throwing in Madden 16 type plays and decisions.

He really needs to get his head straight and start making the proper changes that a head coach should before it's too late. All season he's been watching things bend, and bend and bend thinking it will continue to do so. You can only watch things bend for so long, and eventually it will break. Well now things just did. The next move is on Tomlin once again.