PDA

View Full Version : What Was Shamarko's Wonderlic Test Score ?

katmandu
11-29-2015, 09:25 PM
Did he really PASS the Wonderlic ? No...Seriously ?

Mojouw
11-29-2015, 09:38 PM
-103 sounds about right to me. Dude is hyper dumb!

B&GFever
11-29-2015, 09:40 PM
Did he really PASS the Wonderlic ? No...Seriously ?

its not a pass or fail test , everyone passes

it is to test random knowledge in rapid fire succession to demonstrate how quickly you can read/react while things are happening around you

my guess is his score was rather low but who knows ( you can google it ) but I am just not that interested in the answer as it does not relate to most football things ( like getting out of the way of fair catches per example )

katmandu
11-29-2015, 09:42 PM
Want to see how you do on the Wonderlic ?

http://footballiqscore.com/quiz/full-quiz/take

- - - Updated - - -

it is to test random knowledge in rapid fire succession to demonstrate how quickly you can read/react while things are happening around you

my guess is his score was rather low but who knows ( you can google it ) but I am just not that interested in the answer as it does not relate to most football things ( like getting out of the way of fair catches per example )No, but it may show his IQ (or lack there of) to UNDERSTAND the need and reason to get the hell out of the player's way.

Players are also administered a unique intelligence measurement called the Wonderlic Personnel Test. The test is a sort of IQ test used to measure players' aptitude for learning and problem solving. The possible score range is 1 to 50. The average football player scores around 20 points and scoring at least 10 points suggests a person is literate.
Now you have the opportunity to determine your own score with our online sample test and compare it to the Wonderlic scores of famous football players—from some of the lowest Wonderlic scores like Vince Young who barely scraped by with a 6 to former punter Pat McInally who has the only perfect score on the Wonderlic in league history.

hawaiiansteeler
11-29-2015, 09:57 PM
Shamarko is so dumb it took him 3 hours to watch 60 Minutes...

zulater
11-29-2015, 09:58 PM
He got screwed on that interference call today. First it was a bad punt. He just happened to be right where the ball bounced. And a good punt and he's not close to the ball. And then he tried to duck away from the returner. He did a good job of it actually. It was just wrong place wrong time strictly because the punter put the kick in the exact wrong place. He was where he was supposed to be.

st33lersguy
11-29-2015, 10:10 PM
Shamarko is so dumb it took him 3 hours to watch 60 Minutes...

That made me laugh

steelreserve
11-29-2015, 10:12 PM
Pretty fuckin' cheap penalty if you ask me, since he did get out of the way and the guy caught the ball. Nowhere near as bad as Timmons' late hit in bounds penalty, though.

hawaiiansteeler
11-29-2015, 11:35 PM
If you gave Shamarko a penny for his thoughts, you'd get change back...

Steeldude
11-30-2015, 02:58 AM
Pretty fuckin' cheap penalty if you ask me, since he did get out of the way and the guy caught the ball. Nowhere near as bad as Timmons' late hit in bounds penalty, though.

On the replay it showed he made contact with the Seahawk.

TeeTee
11-30-2015, 01:09 PM

my guess is his score was rather low but who knows ( you can google it ) but I am just not that interested in the answer as it does not relate to most football things ( like getting out of the way of fair catches per example )

That's not really true. It has nothing to do with quickly "reading and reacting to things happening around you." It simply measures how smart you are. Some positions don't require much intelligence to play, such as DL. If Shark is exceptionally stupid (as it appears is the case) his WL score would reflect it. How smart do you have to be to play safety? Smarter than Shark, it seems. The very first thing that ran through my head - as it appears did most of yours as well - after that play, was "This guy is as dumb as a bag of rocks and that's why he doesn't make the field on D."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderlic_test

B&GFever
11-30-2015, 01:29 PM
That's not really true. It has nothing to do with quickly "reading and reacting to things happening around you." It simply measures how smart you are. Some positions don't require much intelligence to play, such as DL. If Shark is exceptionally stupid (as it appears is the case) his WL score would reflect it. How smart do you have to be to play safety? Smarter than Shark, it seems. The very first thing that ran through my head - as it appears did most of yours as well - after that play, was "This guy is as dumb as a bag of rocks and that's why he doesn't make the field on D."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderlic_test

if time wasn't a factor it would not be a timed test

TeeTee
11-30-2015, 01:47 PM
He got screwed on that interference call today. First it was a bad punt. He just happened to be right where the ball bounced. And a good punt and he's not close to the ball. And then he tried to duck away from the returner. He did a good job of it actually. It was just wrong place wrong time strictly because the punter put the kick in the exact wrong place. He was where he was supposed to be.

OK, then explain his other 100 idiotic decisions. He is not making the field for a reason: He is as dumb as a bag of hammers.

TeeTee
11-30-2015, 01:53 PM
if time wasn't a factor it would not be a timed test

Being "timed" and "reading and reacting to things happening around you" are not necessarily the same thing. It has to be a timed test because part of measuring intelligence comes down to how QUICKLY you can come up with the answers. If not, then a slower person could take all day to answer the same questions and it would appear that the person was as smart as someone who could have solved the same questions in half the time. Timing is part of the very essence of what makes one "sharp" or "slow." That is where the term "slow" comes from to describe a person who is not smart.

katmandu
11-30-2015, 02:49 PM
How smart do you have to be to play safety? Look how long it to for Troy to learn the LeBeau's defense. Troy pretty much sucked his first two years with the Steelers.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, then explain his other 100 idiotic decisions. He is not making the field for a reason: He is as dumb as a bag of hammers.Certainly the Steelers were aware of his intellectual short comings BEFORE they drafted him.

Just goes to prove that physical skills alone don't make one a great football player. Look at Michael Vick. His deteriorated skills finally exposed he has no idea how to read defenses!

TeeTee
11-30-2015, 03:17 PM
Look how long it to for Troy to learn the LeBeau's defense. Troy pretty much sucked his first two years with the Steelers.

- - - Updated - - -

Certainly the Steelers were aware of his intellectual short comings BEFORE they drafted him.

Just goes to prove that physical skills alone don't make one a great football player. Look at Michael Vick. His deteriorated skills finally exposed he has no idea how to read defenses!

I agree with all, except that Troy sucked his first two years. He sucked his first year, but by year 2 he had 96 tackles and 5 ints, not too shabby. As a matter of fact, he had more tackles his 2nd season than ever again in his entire career.

http://www.nfl.com/player/troypolamalu/2505621/careerstats

katmandu
11-30-2015, 03:23 PM
I agree with all, except that Troy sucked his first two years. He sucked his first year, but by year 2 he had 96 tackles and 5 ints, not too shabby. As a matter of fact, he had more tackles his 2nd season than ever again in his entire career.

http://www.nfl.com/player/troypolamalu/2505621/careerstatsA high tackle rate by a CB/S can also indicate they suck in coverage and end up tackling the receiver after the catch is made.

TeeTee
11-30-2015, 03:44 PM
A high tackle rate by a CB/S can also indicate they suck in coverage and end up tackling the receiver after the catch is made.

But that's not what happened. I remember that season; he was outstanding.

Rotorhead
11-30-2015, 04:16 PM
So by your usual logic, we should have cut Troy after his second season, right?

TeeTee
11-30-2015, 04:36 PM
So by your usual logic, we should have cut Troy after his second season, right?

Not sure who you are directing this; I said his 2nd season, he was already awesome with 96 tackles and 5 picks.

Steeldude
12-01-2015, 08:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZfpwfQ58Ds

Haha

86WARD
12-01-2015, 09:06 PM
Lol.