PDA

View Full Version : Goats.

Edman
11-29-2015, 07:16 PM
No heroes in losses.

-Defense, Shit tackling in particular kills the Steelers again. By and large the worst performance by the Defense all year. We know the drill by now, invest in some defensive backs and undergo tackling drills next offseason.

-Ben with two second half interceptions leading to Seaduck touchdowns.

Overall, yet another mistake-ridden team loss. Not winning many games in the NFL turning the ball four times.

On to December.

st33lersguy
11-29-2015, 07:18 PM
Heroes: Wheaton and Boswell

Goats: Everyone else, chiefly Dumblin and the awful secondary. Antwon Blake needs to be off the field but he is just another crappy player that Dumblin inexplicably likes to keep for no reason

fansince'76
11-29-2015, 07:20 PM
Not our year...

salamander
Yeah, I can't defend Tomlin in any way on this one. There is absolutely no reason Blake should be a starting CB. Tomlin's inept stubborness shows up yet again.

lipps83
I just can't believe how many bombs they tried, especially on 3rd and short. They seemed to be more interested in making spectacular plays than controlling the game.

steelerdude15
11-29-2015, 07:46 PM
After a loss like this, a game the Steelers should have won; everyone is a goat.

Edman
11-29-2015, 07:47 PM
Not our year...

I'm afraid so. We have a team that cannot find ways to win, but always manages to find ways to lose. The Ravens loss was a microcosm of the whole season so far. Find a way to lose when you shouldn't. Just a dumb season.

Always next year.

Mojouw
11-29-2015, 07:48 PM
Will Allen.

steelerdude15
11-29-2015, 07:50 PM
This season has the stink that the 2009 season had. In 2009, the team lost games they shouldn't have and that is what is going on this year.

dduc996
11-29-2015, 07:51 PM
To much pass not enough run.

vader29
11-29-2015, 07:52 PM
Defense was just flat out terrible.

Steelermania
11-29-2015, 07:58 PM

This!

8 Carries for Williams. 55 passes for Ben. Ridiculous! 3rd, and short, Ben goes deep. All the damn time. Are the coaches calling these plays, or are these audibles by Ben?

Bryant is dropping more balls than Limas Sweed. Get him in the weight room to develop some strength in his hands and arms.

Refs let Sherman just mug Brown. Throws him to the ground on the second pick by Ben. Where's the flag?

86WARD
11-29-2015, 07:59 PM
Ben, Wheaton, Williams are the heroes.

Goats...obviously the back end of the defense...the group that's doing "okay". They are just terrible...so terrible. I'll add the officiating to this as well...they were the equivalent of the Steelers defensive backfield.

steelerdude15
11-29-2015, 07:59 PM
Here is what I don't seem to understand. When the Steelers were moving the ball well on offense, they were doing it by small passes and Ben checking down to Williams. So since this was working, why would the Steelers go for the long ball when it was getting picked off or the receiver wasn't catching it? What is up with the fascination with the long ball?

Count Steeler
11-29-2015, 08:01 PM
Shame the front 7 has no support from the back 4.

The yards given up caught up to them today. Usually bend but don't break, well today they broke. Big time.

The Bark
11-29-2015, 08:02 PM
I'm still confused on the decision to go for a TD with a fake field goal (obvious, at that) early in the game and then, with the game on the line in the late stages of the fourth quarter, deciding to go for a field goal despite being down five when a TD would have given them the lead. Either Tomlin suddenly had confidence in his defense or he suddenly lost confidence in his offense. I understand trying to cut it to where another field goal may win it, but the way the defense was playing... I just don't get it, particularly in light of going for the fake early on when the majority of the game was still ahead. It's like saying you're playing to win in the 1st quarter, but not in the 4th when the game is actually on the line.

dduc996
11-29-2015, 08:03 PM
Seahawks only won by the score. A Steelers win would have been nice but I'm satisfied with there overall play. Yeah , they should have run more but the real reason they lost was those crucial turnovers.

steelerdude15
11-29-2015, 08:03 PM
I'm still confused on the decision to go for a TD with a fake field goal (obvious, at that) early in the game and then, with the game on the line in the late stages of the fourth quarter, deciding to go for a field goal despite being down five when a TD would have given them the lead. Either Tomlin suddenly had confidence in his defense or he suddenly lost confidence in his offense. I understand trying to cut it to where another field goal may win it, but the way the defense was playing... I just don't get it, particularly in light of going for the fake early on when the majority of the game was still ahead. It's like saying you're playing to win in the 1st quarter, but not in the 4th when the game is actually on the line.

Just more idiotic decisions on the coaching staffs part.

st33lersguy
11-29-2015, 08:04 PM
Fire Carnell Lake and draft a cornerback in round 1

steelerdude15
11-29-2015, 08:07 PM
Seahawks only won by the score. A Steelers win would have been nice but I'm satisfied with there overall play. Yeah , they should have run more but the real reason they lost was those crucial turnovers.

I'm sorry, but when the Steelers commit four turnovers which leads to 19 points for the Seahawks, the opposing quarterback throws 5 touchdown passes which is a personal record for Wilson, and the defense gives up 445 yards to the opposing offense, no one should be satisfied.

StillCurtains
11-29-2015, 08:08 PM
Goats:

Tomlin-For his continuance to play cute football with that awful fake fg as an example.

Also for being aggressive when he should make the smart decision, then gets conservative when he should be
aggressive by not going for it with a little over 3 minutes inside the 5 with 2 timeouts and our defense making
no stops.

Continuing to play Antwon Blake.

Haley-For his constant idiocy on continuing to throw deep on 3rd and 5 or shorter. Deep throws are low percentage passes, and when you have 3rd and manageable and throw deep without completing it, it kills the drive. You have to make the high percentage throw to keep the drive going. You should take deep shots on 1st or 2nd down if it is there.
We lost possession several times today on deep balls on 3rd and short. This is ridiculous, this isn't Madden Football!

Blake-I truly dread the fact that Jacksonville picked him up as an UDFA. If they hadn't then he wouldn't be here. Nuff Said...

st33lersguy
11-29-2015, 08:10 PM
Giving up 39 points to an average QB and a group of shitty wide receivers is way beyond the scope of inexcusable

86WARD
11-29-2015, 08:12 PM
Here is what I don't seem to understand. When the Steelers were moving the ball well on offense, they were doing it by small passes and Ben checking down to Williams. So since this was working, why would the Steelers go for the long ball when it was getting picked off or the receiver wasn't catching it? What is up with the fascination with the long ball?

The constant deep ball on 3rd and short is just ridiculous. They rarely if ever convert them.

SteelerFanInStl
11-29-2015, 08:12 PM
Goat - Tomlin for being a stubborn ass and continuing to put Blake out there while Boykin sits on the bench.

steelerdude15
11-29-2015, 08:13 PM
The constant deep ball on 3rd and short is just ridiculous. They rarely if ever convert them.

This and the trying to draw the opposing defense offsides. It never works, so why do it? It doesn't make any sense.

hawaiiansteeler
11-29-2015, 08:13 PM
After a loss like this, a game the Steelers should have won; everyone is a goat.

you can't blame Wheaton for today's loss...

steelerdude15
11-29-2015, 08:14 PM
you can't blame Wheaton for today's loss...

I'm sorry, but after a loss like today's, the positive things that happened mean nothing to me.

BigNastyDefense
11-29-2015, 08:22 PM
I'm putting this loss on the shoulders of Mike Tomlin.

That redicilous fake field goal was either a Tomlin call OR a call that Tomlin should have overruled. I am going to go with it being a Tomlin call. At that point in the game, you take the three points.

Then in the fourth when a TD gives you the lead, he kicks a FG meaning they have to get the ball back without giving up any points to even take the lead. He likes to take chances, he's done so all season long. I don't understand why he didn't take the chance there and go for the TD when your defense was a sieve the entire half.

Then, you have the fact that Mike Tomlin can't put the good of the team above his ego and sit Blake who can't cover and can't tackle to save his life and play Boykin who can't be any worse than Blake. My dog could cover better than Blake.

zoneblitzerII
11-29-2015, 08:22 PM

Finesse football has never worked for Pittsburgh, yet they still force it.

My god did the D get exposed today. And exposed by a very pedestrian offense. They made Wilson look like Tom Brady. I watch enough of the Hawks to tell you straight up that this is a very poor offense and they absolutely shredded them.

Ben? I rest my case. He's just not a big game QB anymore. Sure the numbers are there in yard. But where are TDs? He struggled to find guys all day and took way too long to get his read. Credit Seattle's corners for some of that but man look at the way the lowly Carson Palmer tore them to pieces.

Tomlin. Idiot chief in charge. Fake field goal cost them dearly. Then when Ben comes up short on the 2, he tucks his tail in and goes for three. What happened to playing aggressive? Never mind aggressive how about smart? You know the D cant stop a plucked chicken falling into the fryer but he still strangely relies upon them to get the stop! Man, can this numskull coach or what?

B&GFever
11-29-2015, 08:25 PM
Might be time to break out the " unleash hell in December " quote since all we will get is some lame quote anyways it might be recycle time

zulater
11-29-2015, 08:34 PM
A few things.

Anyone who thinks Ben is a goat. You're an idiot. No more needs to be said, but I'll say this anyway. The first interception the ball slipped out of Ben's hands.this either just was one of those things, or came about because Ben saw the db in position to make a play and tried to pull up on the pass and it slipped out. Either way when you;re passing in tight windows against a good team this will eventually happen. The second interception, it should have been a penalty against Sherman. Any other corner in the league it's called a defensive hold or illegal contact. But there's a separate set of rules for Sherman. He literally knocks Brown down. Off his feet. And Ben throws to a predetermined spot. At worst without the mugging it's a 50/50 ball and the most likely result is an incompletion. But because Sherman is allowed to throw AB down he's all alone to make the pick. anyone who faults Ben for this pick is a moron. :doh: If Ben doesn't throw these sort of passes we have no offense. Again moron!!!!!

There was one obvious goat in this game, and it was Tomlin . The fake fg call was ridiculous, game changing, and put wind in the sails of the Seahawk offense. I'm not saying that was a terrible idea. Except it was simply because the quarter changed and the Seahawks were able to distinguish who came onto the field and were waiting for it. In a normal situation that might work. But showing you're going to go for it before the quarter change put the Seahawks on alert. They were ready for the play. It failed, it not only took 3 (potential) points off the board, it changed the games flow and momentum.

But worse than that was kicking the fg from the 3 yard line down by 5 points. First off you have about a 50/50 chance of taking the lead there. But even if you fail, you give them possession inside the 5 with two time outs and the two minute warning in your pocket. Teams play tight inside their own 5. If they get the first down and finish you off take your hat off and applaud them. But don;t be a pussy and kick the fg from the 3! It was beyond stupid! Tomlin was the goat today! Period.

fansince'76
11-29-2015, 08:38 PM
A few things.

Anyone who thinks Ben is a goat. You're an idiot.

Consider the source, Zu. The dude ONLY shows up after losses. Weak fucking sauce.

zulater
11-29-2015, 08:42 PM
Hey Edman. When Ben throws the ball on the second pick he's supposed to know AB will be on the ground 20 yards short of where the ball is because...? :doh:

Seriously could you have less of a clue? :doh: If Ben only threw to receivers who he knew were wide open before he ever threw a pass he would be Tim Tebow or Mike Vick. Call him a goat again why don't you?

Idiot!

- - - Updated - - -

Finesse football has never worked for Pittsburgh, yet they still force it.

My god did the D get exposed today. And exposed by a very pedestrian offense. They made Wilson look like Tom Brady. I watch enough of the Hawks to tell you straight up that this is a very poor offense and they absolutely shredded them.

Ben? I rest my case. He's just not a big game QB anymore. Sure the numbers are there in yard. But where are TDs? He struggled to find guys all day and took way too long to get his read. Credit Seattle's corners for some of that but man look at the way the lowly Carson Palmer tore them to pieces.

Tomlin. Idiot chief in charge. Fake field goal cost them dearly. Then when Ben comes up short on the 2, he tucks his tail in and goes for three. What happened to playing aggressive? Never mind aggressive how about smart? You know the D cant stop a plucked chicken falling into the fryer but he still strangely relies upon them to get the stop! Man, can this numskull coach or what?

You lost the internet. You're a moron. Go root for the Browns moron.

fansince'76
11-29-2015, 08:43 PM
Hey Edman. When Ben throws the ball on the second pick he's supposed to know AB will be on the ground 20 yards short of where the ball is because...?

I wasn't talking about Edman, either, incidentally. There's only one person in this thread that called Ben a goat in today's game and it wasn't Edman.

86WARD
11-29-2015, 08:43 PM
A few things.

Anyone who thinks Ben is a goat. You're an idiot. No more needs to be said, but I'll say this anyway. The first interception the ball slipped out of Ben's hands.this either just was one of those things, or came about because Ben saw the db in position to make a play and tried to pull up on the pass and it slipped out. Either way when you;re passing in tight windows against a good team this will eventually happen. The second interception, it should have been a penalty against Sherman. Any other corner in the league it's called a defensive hold or illegal contact. But there's a separate set of rules for Sherman. He literally knocks Brown down. Off his feet. And Ben throws to a predetermined spot. At worst without the mugging it's a 50/50 ball and the most likely result is an incompletion. But because Sherman is allowed to throw AB down he's all alone to make the pick. anyone who faults Ben for this pick is a moron. :doh: If Ben doesn't throw these sort of passes we have no offense. Again moron!!!!!

There was one obvious goat in this game, and it was Tomlin . The fake fg call was ridiculous, game changing, and put wind in the sails of the Seahawk offense. I'm not saying that was a terrible idea. Except it was simply because the quarter changed and the Seahawks were able to distinguish who came onto the field and were waiting for it. In a normal situation that might work. But showing you're going to go for it before the quarter change put the Seahawks on alert. They were ready for the play. It failed, it not only took 3 (potential) points off the board, it changed the games flow and momentum.

But worse than that was kicking the fg from the 3 yard line down by 5 points. First off you have about a 50/50 chance of taking the lead there. But even if you fail, you give them possession inside the 5 with two time outs and the two minute warning in your pocket. Teams play tight inside their own 5. If they get the first down and finish you off take your hat off and applaud them. But don;t be a pussy and kick the fg from the 3! It was beyond stupid! Tomlin was the goat today! Period.

All of this! QFT.

zulater
11-29-2015, 08:56 PM
I wasn't talking about Edman, either, incidentally. There's only one person in this thread that called Ben a goat in today's game and it wasn't Edman.

Actually he did, in the OP.

Generally speaking I respect Edman though. I do think he tends to point the finger of blame at Ben way too quickly. But he also has shown that he realizes that Ben is essential to mission. He gets it. But he did single out Ben for the two picks. And while I can see it from a box score perspective, but having actually seen the game those interceptions came about for a reason. And Ben wasn't it.

Steeldude
11-29-2015, 08:59 PM
The defense looked the same to me as it did all year.

Williams and Wheaton played well. BR played well too. The one INT was his fault because it popped out on his fake pump. The other one wasn't because Sherman is allowed to hold and push.

dduc996
11-29-2015, 09:06 PM
If the Steelers had won this thread wouldnt have any hating on Tomlin, Ben , Haley , or forum members. We be hootin about "how great thou are".
😄

steelerdude15
11-29-2015, 09:09 PM
If the Steelers had won this thread wouldnt have any hating on Tomlin, Ben , Haley , or forum members. We be hootin about "how great thou are".
��

I doubt it. Even if the Steelers had won, many of us would have still pointed out players or coaches who did poorly.

86WARD
11-29-2015, 09:10 PM
[emoji1]

Still would question some of Tomlin's decisions though.

Psycho Ward 86
11-29-2015, 09:14 PM
if this loss convinces the coaching staff to finally start Boykin, ill chalk it up as a win

Mojouw
11-29-2015, 09:16 PM
The defense looked the same to me as it did all year.

Williams and Wheaton played well. BR played well too. The one INT was his fault because it popped out on his fake pump. The other one wasn't because Sherman is allowed to hold and push.

Great post. Couldn't agree more.

zoneblitzerII
11-29-2015, 09:20 PM
A few things.

Ben is not a big game QB anymore. Period. End of story. Unless a guy was wide open today, he couldn't hit them. He had the yips. He had all day to throw and couldn't carve jack. Wasn't all his fault as some of his receivers choked early on with easy dropped balls. Way too many dropped. But Ben could've came back to hit the long ball but he didn't. His long balls sucked. There was too inaccurate with way too much air under them. If he had led them like the way a proper QB should they would've had at least two more TDs and won this game. Haley knows this. They keep dialling up the long ball but Ben can't throw it worth a damn. He needs to go back and watch film of Bradshaw to see how you really throw the bomb.

fansince'76
11-29-2015, 09:22 PM
:rolleyes:

SteelMayhem72
11-29-2015, 09:27 PM
I think our window is closing rapidly...bens is taking way too many hits...this season is done imo. Probably gonna be kc and jets/texans in wild card spots. Even if we were to back out way in nobody will beat the pats

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

Steel Peon
11-29-2015, 09:29 PM
Wheaton and Williams did stellar on offense, while Heyward and Tuitt controlled the LOS nicely. Ben was accurate, but threw too many stupid balls.

The goats are everyone else, including the coaching staff. The refs sucked donkey nuts as well, who either didn't call obvious penalties on Seattle, or called some BS ones on us, all while refusing to allow hardly any calls to go our way.

zulater
11-29-2015, 09:32 PM
Ben is not a big game QB anymore. Period. End of story. Unless a guy was wide open today, he couldn't hit them. He had the yips. He had all day to throw and couldn't carve jack. Wasn't all his fault as some of his receivers choked early on with easy dropped balls. Way too many dropped. But Ben could've came back to hit the long ball but he didn't. His long balls sucked. There was too inaccurate with way too much air under them. If he had led them like the way a proper QB should they would've had at least two more TDs and won this game. Haley knows this. They keep dialling up the long ball but Ben can't throw it worth a damn. He needs to go back and watch film of Bradshaw to see how you really throw the bomb.

If I was a moderator you would be gone for the moron factor. I mean why do you use valuable oxygen that others on this planet could use? :doh: Seriously, you are really that dumb. :lol:

B&GFever
11-29-2015, 09:36 PM

36-55-456 yards seems to say otherwise

zulater
11-29-2015, 09:36 PM
I think our window is closing rapidly...bens is taking way too many hits...this season is done imo. Probably gonna be kc and jets/texans in wild card spots. Even if we were to back out way in nobody will beat the pats

Well then why don't you go be a Pats fan then.

The stupidity is burning tonight.

SteelMayhem72
11-29-2015, 09:40 PM
Ummmm....just stating whats happening. I hate the pats but put things in perspective here. You obviously must not watch our secondary. Johnny football and russel wilson carve us up do you not think brady wouldnt again??? You are right, stupidy is burning tonight.

steelreserve
11-29-2015, 09:42 PM
Blake, Tomlin for continuing to start Blake. Can't cover, shitty shoulder tackling - I mean, what on earth is keeping this guy in the lineup? It's moving into Dri-Archer-animal-porn-blackmail territory.

The entire secondary for sucking shitty garbage. If you score 30 points on offense, you should win the game.

It's hard to argue with almost 500 yards passing, but I was scratching my head at why we didn't run the ball more. Williams was effective!

Oh yeah, and the clock management sucked donkey dick again at the end of the game.

zulater
11-29-2015, 09:44 PM
Ummmm....just stating whats happening. I hate the pats but put things in perspective here. You obviously must not watch our secondary. Johnny football and russel wilson carve us up do you not think brady wouldnt again??? You are right, stupidy is burning tonight.

We lost a close fought contest to the Seahawks in their building. We are tied in actual wins and losses for a wild card spot. We have five games left. And yu;ve declared the season over.

You're a moron.

SteelMayhem72
11-29-2015, 09:51 PM
We lost a close fought contest to the Seahawks in their building. We are tied in actual wins and losses for a wild card spot. We have five games left. And yu;ve declared the season over.

You're a moron.
You are a moron if you think we are a playoff caliber team. Whether we back our way in or not its not gonna matter. Unless something drastically changes we are not going anywhere. If you wanna hold on to that hope to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside then go ahead brother,you will be in for a big let down. Im more of a realist and the truth is this is NOT our season. This is all my HONEST OPINION...but if you wanna call me a moron then you must not be watching the same games everybody else is. You resort to name calling because you dont like my opinion then you can gladly FUCK OFF!

zulater
11-29-2015, 09:53 PM
You are a moron if you think we are a playoff caliber team. Whether we back our way in or not its not gonna matter. Unless something drastically changes we are not going anywhere. If you wanna hold on to that hope to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside then go ahead brother,you will be in for a big let down. Im more of a realist and the truth is this is NOT our season. This is all my HONEST OPINION...but if you wanna call me a moron then you must not be watching the same games everybody else is. You resort to name calling because you dont like my opinion then you can gladly FUCK OFF!

When the Steeler make the playoffs and advance go fuck yourself and never post here again.

Edman
11-29-2015, 09:57 PM
Hey Edman. When Ben throws the ball on the second pick he's supposed to know AB will be on the ground 20 yards short of where the ball is because...?

Seriously could you have less of a clue? If Ben only threw to receivers who he knew were wide open before he ever threw a pass he would be Tim Tebow or Mike Vick. Call him a goat again why don't you?

Idiot!

According to that logic, how could Tomlin not know Landry Jones was going to throw a pick on the fake play? What if it was incomplete and just a turnover on downs? Why is Tomlin a goat and Ben not?

Ben is certainly essential to the mission, but I told you, I can't absolve him of accountability. Those interceptions play a HUGE role in dooming the Steelers today. Second to our terrible defense, who is a much bigger goat.

It doesn't make a difference though, the Steelers lost the game and basically have to win out. That's the sad reality at the end of the day.

Accidental or not, you can't turn the turn over four times and have shitty tackling on defense and expect to win games. It's frustrating because because that's what it took for the Steelers to lose to the defending NFC Champions in their own building.

SteelMayhem72
11-29-2015, 09:58 PM
Ill be the first back here and admit im wrong and be pleasantly surprised but you on the other hand when and if we do get eliminated are the one thats gonna be let down. Im done getting my hopes up for this team and coaches...not worth it...id rather be surprised instead of let down.

st33lersguy
11-29-2015, 10:00 PM
I think we need to start playing Boykin. Couldn't possibly be worse than Antwon Blake (a traffic cone could play better than Antwon Blake)

SteelMayhem72
11-29-2015, 10:01 PM
The stats on the D especially does not and should not get anybodys hopes up. If you cant win when you score 30 points then theres nothing to be hopeful about

SteelMayhem72
11-29-2015, 10:03 PM
Blake, Tomlin for continuing to start Blake. Can't cover, shitty shoulder tackling - I mean, what on earth is keeping this guy in the lineup? It's moving into Dri-Archer-animal-porn-blackmail territory.

The entire secondary for sucking shitty garbage. If you score 30 points on offense, you should win the game.

It's hard to argue with almost 500 yards passing, but I was scratching my head at why we didn't run the ball more. Williams was effective!

Oh yeah, and the clock management sucked donkey dick again at the end of the game.
Amen brother!

MrPgh
11-29-2015, 10:04 PM
This game proved nobody in the organization holds Tomlin accountable.

Craic
11-29-2015, 10:08 PM
Hero: Wheaton - what a game he had!

Not a Hero, but worth mentioning - D. Williams put in a good day's effort and can keep his head up this week, as can Jesse James, coming in as backup and playing a decent to good game.

Goat: Ben - two interceptions that were his fault (third one was Def. Interference and Brown got knocked down); whoever called the (not even close to a) trick play on the field goal; and the entire defense that forgot how to tackle.

Still not as down on Blake as most of you are - I think a lot of you are gauging him as if he's playing man-coverage rather than zone. The offenses are simply running the seams, something Butler and company are going to have to fix, quickly.

It'll be a long, long flight back to Pittsburgh. Good. They can think about the game some, and then put it behind them.

zulater
11-29-2015, 10:09 PM
Ill be the first back here and admit im wrong and be pleasantly surprised but you on the other hand when and if we do get eliminated are the one thats gonna be let down. Im done getting my hopes up for this team and coaches...not worth it...id rather be surprised instead of let down.

I wont be let down if it happens because I know it's what sometimes happen in sports.

But if you think the Steelers are done and on;t have a chance you're clueless. You think the Seahawks are sitting there tonight thinking they beat a crap team? You think the Colts are out there licking their chops for the chance t play the Steelers?

No one in the AFC including the Patriots are invincible. The Steelers A game is capable of beating anyone.

They screwed it up tonight, no doubt. If the refs call Sherman for illegal contact good chance the outcome isn't the same. But they didnt, we lost, and we got 5 more to gain a berth in the playoffs. 10 wins gets us there imo when you consider the competition. So win 4 out of 5 and then the new season starts and you see where it goes.

If it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. But I sure as shit see no reason to throw in the towel now. I still think the Steelers are capable of beating any team that stands in front of them.

SteelMayhem72
11-29-2015, 10:10 PM
This game proved nobody in the organization holds Tomlin accountable.
Your right...i dont know why nobody doesnt call his ass out. He needs this shit brought to his attention. The media needs to hound his ass. Im officially done with tomlin. I dont care how good or bad he does the rest of the way im just done with him. Of course the problem is who would replace him. Hes not gonna be fired.

MrPgh
11-29-2015, 10:11 PM
I wont be let down if it happens because I know it's what sometimes happen in sports.

But if you think the Steelers are done and on;t have a chance you're clueless. You think the Seahawks are sitting there tonight thinking they beat a crap team? You think the Colts are out there licking their chops for the chance t play the Steelers?

No one in the AFC including the Patriots are invincible. The Steelers A game is capable of beating anyone.

They screwed it up tonight, no doubt. If the refs call Sherman for illegal contact good chance the outcome isn't the same. But they didnt, we lost, and we got 5 more to gain a berth in the playoffs. 10 wins gets us there imo when you consider the competition. So win 4 out of 5 and then the new season starts and you see where it goes.

If it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. But I sure as shit see no reason to throw in the towel now. I still think the Steelers are capable of beating any team that stands in front of them.

But what if Tomlin is the one standing in front of them?

zulater
Hero: Wheaton - what a game he had!

Not a Hero, but worth mentioning - D. Williams put in a good day's effort and can keep his head up this week, as can Jesse James, coming in as backup and playing a decent to good game.

Goat: Ben - two interceptions that were his fault (third one was Def. Interference and Brown got knocked down); whoever called the (not even close to a) trick play on the field goal; and the entire defense that forgot how to tackle.

Still not as down on Blake as most of you are - I think a lot of you are gauging him as if he's playing man-coverage rather than zone. The offenses are simply running the seams, something Butler and company are going to have to fix, quickly.

It'll be a long, long flight back to Pittsburgh. Good. They can think about the game some, and then put it behind them.

So Ben was to blame for Jones' interception on the fake fg? Check your math. Ben didn't throw 3 interceptions

SteelMayhem72

I admire your optimism but this team doesnt give me good feelings

StillCurtains
11-29-2015, 10:16 PM
A few things.

Yup! I absolutely agree. First off, you don't pull that cute fake fg crap against teams like Seattle. Tomlin single handedly swung the momentum of this game. The main thing is that you're on the road. Secondly this is the beginning of the game. You already have a 3 point lead in Seattle's territory. You have to take the points. The beginning of the game is about establishing a lead then trying to build it by executing on high percentage plays.

If you're in the middle of the second half and lead by at least 17, then that would be a good time to go for the juggler with a trick play if you choose to. You would be past the middle of the 3rd and up by 3 scores. The risk would be low, and the worst case scenario would be for the opposition to score from there, but you would still have a 2 score lead.

Then Tomlin talks about not playing in his fears at halftime and turns right around and does just that by not going for the TD inside the 5. As you said, the D wasn't stopping squat, and if we don't get the TD, we have Seattle inside the 5 with over 3 minutes left and 2 timeouts. What a doofus!

I also would like to add Blake to the list. He's awful! Missed tackle after missed tackle. Giving up catch after catch, and big play after big play! However, I blame Tomlin for that too for constantly putting him in there.

teegre
11-29-2015, 10:26 PM
This season has the stink that the 2009 season had. In 2009, the team lost games they shouldn't have and that is what is going on this year.

You consider playing at Seattle a "should win"???

- - - Updated - - -

Shame the front 7 has no support from the back 4.

The yards given up caught up to them today. Usually bend but don't break, well today they broke. Big time.

Bingo!!!

The he secindary has usually bent (forced FGs). Today, they allowed TDs. That's a difference of 20 points.

Really.

If they had held the Seahawks to FGs: 19 points
Today, they allowed the Seahawks to score TDs: 39 points

steelreserve
11-29-2015, 10:27 PM
You consider playing at Seattle a "should win"???

Well, we should've won THAT game. Seattle was not impressive. We just blew it.

zulater
11-29-2015, 10:32 PM
I admire your optimism but this team doesnt give me good feelings

Fair enough. No hard feelings. I'm pissed off just as you are tonight, but I still see this team as having a pulse. And it until it's extinguished I'm keeping the candle lit.

teegre
11-29-2015, 10:35 PM
Well, we should've won THAT game. Seattle was not impressive. We just blew it.

Can you honestly say that at the beginning of the season, you circled the Seattle game on your schedule as a "win"?

Craic
11-29-2015, 10:35 PM

You, my friend, have not spent much time on this board, have you?

So Ben was to blame for Jones' interception on the fake fg? Check your math. Ben didn't throw 3 interceptions

Of course he was. He called the play. :chuckle:

No, I transposed Jones's last INT. on Ben. I still place this one on Ben, however, at least somewhat. We saw a little too much of the gunslinger when checkdowns and short passes were eating up the defense. I understand, and agree, with going over the top and backing off the safeties now and then, but we saw too much of that tonight, and ultimately, the decision where to throw the football is Ben's. That's not to say he played horribly. He just didn't play top caliber ball today, despite his yards. But, in this loss, pretty much everyone except Wheaton and Williams has some blame to share.

Mojouw
11-29-2015, 10:40 PM
I have a serious question. If the Steelers gain over 350 yards of offense through the air, did the other team blow it on defense or did the Steelers offense perform well?

Alternatively, if Seattle, a team since after their bye has seemingly fixed their offensive line woes and therefore their entire offense, hangs 32 points and 300+ yards of offense on Arizona (5th ranked D in the league) and then roles up a ton of yards and points on San Fran (well that doesn't say much now does it) and then puts over 30 points and 400+ yards on the Steelers - did they execute and perform well or did 3 defenses in a row blow it?

I'm not trying to call anyone out personally or start a fight. I just have a hard time determining how much of the reactions here are just emotion or are trying to think all this through. We can't have it both ways can we?

Steelers do good = this team is awesome and they just out performed the other team
Steelers do bad = this team is just stupid and finds ways to lose games.

At some point the other team has to enter into the equation, don't they? I mean I know the Steelers made plenty of mistakes today, but so did the other team. I mean can you imagine if the Steelers had left their DBs in the same coverages all game that let Wheaton role up 200+ yards?

MrPgh
11-29-2015, 10:44 PM
I have a serious question. If the Steelers gain over 350 yards of offense through the air, did the other team blow it on defense or did the Steelers offense perform well?

Alternatively, if Seattle, a team since after their bye has seemingly fixed their offensive line woes and therefore their entire offense, hangs 32 points and 300+ yards of offense on Arizona (5th ranked D in the league) and then roles up a ton of yards and points on San Fran (well that doesn't say much now does it) and then puts over 30 points and 400+ yards on the Steelers - did they execute and perform well or did 3 defenses in a row blow it?

I'm not trying to call anyone out personally or start a fight. I just have a hard time determining how much of the reactions here are just emotion or are trying to think all this through. We can't have it both ways can we?

Steelers do good = this team is awesome and they just out performed the other team

At some point the other team has to enter into the equation, don't they? I mean I know the Steelers made plenty of mistakes today, but so did the other team. I mean can you imagine if the Steelers had left their DBs in the same coverages all game that let Wheaton role up 200+ yards?

I think regardless of the other team, people have a right to be pissed the coach keeps playing a bum at CB rather than the guy the GM traded a draft pick away for.

Craic
11-29-2015, 10:51 PM

I agree with you to a point. However, there's some things we saw in this game that make it a Steelers' secondary problem, rather than just a good game by Seattle. First, the number of missed tackles was pretty bad. Had those tackles been made, the game would have been different (including the long TD to put the game out of reach). Second, we're seeing too many wide-open players. That means either an assignment was blown, or the scheme isn't working. Third, we seem to be having problems adjusting to teams adjusting to our defense after half time. So, for those reasons (and probably others), I say it's more of a bad steelers performance tonight. I don't think I saw more than one or two passes against our D where I said, "That was just a great pass!" or "That was a very good catch!" Had we had a number of those situations, I'd say we just got beat by a better team today, and let's move on. The thing is, we didn't, IMO.

SteelMayhem72
11-29-2015, 10:53 PM
Fair enough. No hard feelings. I'm pissed off just as you are tonight, but I still see this team as having a pulse. And it until it's extinguished I'm keeping the candle lit.
Im trying to keep the candle lit...sorry for snapping at you. We are in this together brother.

SteelMayhem72
11-29-2015, 11:02 PM
Hell yes...pats went down!!!

Mojouw
11-29-2015, 11:03 PM
I agree with you to a point. However, there's some things we saw in this game that make it a Steelers' secondary problem, rather than just a good game by Seattle. First, the number of missed tackles was pretty bad. Had those tackles been made, the game would have been different (including the long TD to put the game out of reach). Second, we're seeing too many wide-open players. That means either an assignment was blown, or the scheme isn't working. Third, we seem to be having problems adjusting to teams adjusting to our defense after half time. So, for those reasons (and probably others), I say it's more of a bad steelers performance tonight. I don't think I saw more than one or two passes against our D where I said, "That was just a great pass!" or "That was a very good catch!" Had we had a number of those situations, I'd say we just got beat by a better team today, and let's move on. The thing is, we didn't, IMO.

I can see that. And I agree with the majority of your reasons. I will say that you can only put so much lipstick on a pig. Butler, Lake, Tomlin, and whatever magical talisman they used early in the season can only cover up so many weak spots in the secondary.

I strongly feel that Seattle and others have no had a chance to see enough on film to push on certain weak spots. I saw Seattle run a bunch of route combinations today that forced Steelers DBs to deal with two men in their "Cover 2" zone/area at the same time and engage in a series of attempts to pass route runners from one zone to the other with out creating a gap in the coverage. Clearly, they failed at that. I saw Allen critically late in rotating over at least twice and I saw him unable to stay with his man on multiple big plays (in other words he was in trail position as the receiver left the middle zone to the area outside the hash marks). Additionally, there were far too many missed tackles, as you mentioned.

I get that the Steelers "failed to execute" and there were questionable/debatable coaching decisions - BUT - but Seattle's entire passing game was isolating the "gaps" or rather the areas in the Steelers zone scheme where one zone of coverage responsibilities overlapped with another and forced individual players to make snap decisions. Or at least that was what I thought I saw (but what do I really know? I was grading papers and yelling at my TV and I really don't know dick about what the Steelers coverage responsibilities are or were). In practice they really banged away on Allen and Blake - the two leas talented members of the secondary.

I don't know if I really have much of point. But other than playing Boykin, which I have reversed my opinion on and now argue that it HAS to happen, what else can this team do? The roster is the roster at this point.

Steelman
11-29-2015, 11:52 PM
Blake. How he doesn't get pulled halfway through the 2nd quarter is beyond me.

Secondary as a whole, they all played like shit. The front 7 seemed like they were at least trying, but overall weren't much better either. Really bad show by the defense coming off a bye week.

Marty B had a forgettable game. Sweep touchdown aside, he played like a raw rookie today. Bad routes, drops, not fighting for the ball. There's a lot to learn for him from this game.

Tomlin. He's obviously a popular topic of debate week to week, but so many questionable decisions today it's impossible not to include him here. I knew he on something special today when he dropped a useless bag of Tomlinisms on the halftime reporter.

Maybe no heroes in a loss, but there were a couple of bright spots:

DeAngelo is hands down our best FA pickup since Farrior. Hard to imagine where our backfield would be without him right now.

Wheaton had his best game in a Steelers uniform. Honestly didn't even know he had something like that in him. Maybe just his 15 minutes of fame, but nice to finally see something, especially on a day when AB was relatively quiet and Marty was struggling.

SteelerFanInStl
11-30-2015, 07:50 AM
Absolutely! I believe that all but one of the Seattle TDs were from receivers that were wide open.

Rotorhead
11-30-2015, 10:09 AM
I agree with most here:

Goats: Blake, The Fake FG call, the idiotic FG call at the end . . .

Heroes: Wheaton, DW

The only point I would like to make is the gameplan was actually good, we used Heath effectively until he was injured, then we went to Wheaton as our WR depth is very good. Bryants drops hurt alot. Our Def definately took a step back, but those bashing Allen . . . he blew one play, get over it. We need to get Blake out of there, it is obvious teams are game planning for Blake, they throw the ball to his guy and it is an automatic completion, probably for a first down. Also, wrap up kid! Blake and dumb calls pretty much killed this game. As for the defensive letdown, when we give a very short field to teams for 2-3 of their scores, you really can not blame that on the defense too much, yes they didnt have a great game, but the short fields certainly didnt help.

Mojouw
11-30-2015, 10:28 AM
Allen blew at least 2 plays. One in coverage that led to a TD and on the final TD pass he missed a tackle that your safety has to make 10 out of 10 times. Allen had just as bad a game as Blake did.

BnG_Hevn
11-30-2015, 10:54 AM
No heroes in losses.

-Defense, Shit tackling in particular kills the Steelers again. By and large the worst performance by the Defense all year. We know the drill by now, invest in some defensive backs and undergo tackling drills next offseason.

-Ben with two second half interceptions leading to Seaduck touchdowns.

Overall, yet another mistake-ridden team loss. Not winning many games in the NFL turning the ball four times.

On to December.

The defense held them in check the ENTIRE game. The only reason Seattle scored the majority of the points is due to turn overs.

- - - Updated - - -

The FG at the end was the right decision. They held Seattle in check all day, no reason to think it would be any different.

steelreserve
11-30-2015, 11:05 AM
Can you honestly say that at the beginning of the season, you circled the Seattle game on your schedule as a "win"?

I didn't have it circled as a loss, that's for sure. I didn't really get that sense with the schedule - there were no games that we should have EXPECTED to lose, and I don't mean that in the cliche sense. More like "We are good enough to win any individual game but probably will play like crap in up to half of them - which ones? Who knows!"

Seattle looked like a tough game, but by no means impossible. And with the way they've looked for the first two-thirds of this season (and still do look, for that matter), I'd say yeah, that should've been a win for sure.

Steelman
11-30-2015, 11:10 AM
The defense held them in check the ENTIRE game. The only reason Seattle scored the majority of the points is due to turn overs.

- - - Updated - - -

The FG at the end was the right decision. They held Seattle in check all day, no reason to think it would be any different.

Honestly not sure how you arrived at that assessment.

When Doug Baldwin is running all over your secondary you know you have problems.

Rotorhead
11-30-2015, 11:49 AM
Ok, so Allen had 2 bad plays . . . hardly our biggest issue in the secondary. Maybe Golden would be an upgrade, but if so not a giant upgrade. Blake is killing us and along with a bad game by Allen, Cockrell (who has been a pleasant surprise and solid) also had a poor showing. The point it, Blake needs to go and we should at least give Boykin a run to see if he is worth trying to sign for another year (although I could see him spitting in the face of whoever they send it to talk to him). We better hit on a CB in the draft that is for sure.

Born2Steel
11-30-2015, 12:32 PM
Goats all over the place. the fake took 3 from us and gave them 7. Turnovers and penalties lose games. Even with all we did wrong we had a chance at the end until they Tebowed us for the final score.

zulater
11-30-2015, 01:04 PM
The refs deserve a goat for this game. Two killer calls that went against the Steelers had as much to do with the final result as any individual play. The non call on Sherman, he knocks AB to the ground 17 yards past the LOS. Which of course as Ben throws the ball to the spot he anticipates Brown to be at, but of course he's not, because he was knocked off his feet by Sherman, so a huge pick swings the momentum to Seattle and they take the lead. Then there was the bullshit call on Timmons for a late hit on Wilson when he shoved him out of bounds a clear two yards in the field of play.

One other thing I would like clarified, why did they give Carroll the challenge when he was unable for whatever reason to get out his flag? I mean why do the officials have an obligation to recognize his incompetence to perform the simplest of functions?

TeeTee
11-30-2015, 01:22 PM

When you throw the ball 55 times and run 8, there is a much higher chance of FOUR turnovers to occur.

#1 GOAT - "Deer in headlights stare" (That's his name when he's not wearing cool shades.) The "fake" FG was made all too obvious when Pgh took a time out right before the play so the Hawks could plainly see who was in the game for that play. Simms even brought this up.

#2 goat - entire D and shit tackling. They were just terrible.

#3 goat - Bryant's "Sweed-like" hands. Now we see he lasted until the 4th round. That was the knock on the guy all along. Even after he catches it, I always hold my breath because he is likely to drop it even after the catch.

#2 and #3 would have been offset if we didn't have such shit coaching. And Cool Shades explanations for his decisions make his decisions seem even more asinine. 'We aren't going to live in fear, we are going to live in hope????"

Rotorhead
11-30-2015, 01:59 PM
So . . . Bryant is now Sweed because of one bad game? Are you just mad because your Cheats lost?

steelreserve
11-30-2015, 02:20 PM
The refs deserve a goat for this game. Two killer calls that went against the Steelers had as much to do with the final result as any individual play. The non call on Sherman, he knocks AB to the ground 17 yards past the LOS. Which of course as Ben throws the ball to the spot he anticipates Brown to be at, but of course he's not, because he was knocked off his feet by Sherman, so a huge pick swings the momentum to Seattle and they take the lead. Then there was the bullshit call on Timmons for a late hit on Wilson when he shoved him out of bounds a clear two yards in the field of play.

One other thing I would like clarified, why did they give Carroll the challenge when he was unable for whatever reason to get out his flag? I mean why do the officials have an obligation to recognize his incompetence to perform the simplest of functions?

There were some shitty calls, but let's not stoop to their level. The reason we lost was because our defense sucked ass and our decision-making was not far behind; the officiating mistakes were just the icing on the cake.

That call against Timmons may have been the worst I've ever seen. I hope the ref gets fired and someone is burning his house down right now.

So . . . Bryant is now Sweed because of one bad game? Are you just mad because your Cheats lost?

He played like Sweed THAT game. Not the first time this season he's been unable to hold on to balls that he would've caught last year. Overall, his play has been down if you ask me. He probably needs to start smoking weed again if he wants to be effective.

teegre
11-30-2015, 02:26 PM
I didn't have it circled as a loss, that's for sure. I didn't really get that sense with the schedule - there were no games that we should have EXPECTED to lose, and I don't mean that in the cliche sense. More like "We are good enough to win any individual game but probably will play like crap in up to half of them - which ones? Who knows!"

Seattle looked like a tough game, but by no means impossible. And with the way they've looked for the first two-thirds of this season (and still do look, for that matter), I'd say yeah, that should've been a win for sure.

I agree with 97% of that.

I was just clarifying, because some people swore that the Steelers stood no chance against the mighty Seahawks... and then, I see people saying comparing the 2015 Seahawks to the 2009 Browns.

(Make sense?)

ALLD
11-30-2015, 02:30 PM
The same predictable trick play that never works. Putting people out in coverage who can't cover anything. Avoiding what the defense gives you underneath and going for the high risk plays on third down usually resulting in change of possession. I don't need to mention any names.

Hindsight is 20/20, but some of those calls were plain stupid, man.

steelreserve
11-30-2015, 05:02 PM
I agree with 97% of that.

I was just clarifying, because some people swore that the Steelers stood no chance against the mighty Seahawks... and then, I see people saying comparing the 2015 Seahawks to the 2009 Browns.

(Make sense?)

Makes plenty of sense.

With few exceptions, though, you can take a team that was contending for the Super Bowl last season, change nothing, and this season you don't know whether they're going 15-1 or 8-8. They usually won't go completely into the toilet, but I think it's safe to say that for the Seahawks, things just haven't come together this season.

Now watch them win 9 games in a row because I said that.

zulater
11-30-2015, 06:34 PM
There were some shitty calls, but let's not stoop to their level. The reason we lost was because our defense sucked ass and our decision-making was not far behind; the officiating mistakes were just the icing on the cake.

That call against Timmons may have been the worst I've ever seen. I hope the ref gets fired and someone is burning his house down right now.

He played like Sweed THAT game. Not the first time this season he's been unable to hold on to balls that he would've caught last year. Overall, his play has been down if you ask me. He probably needs to start smoking weed again if he wants to be effective.

This is a goat thread on a Steeler message board presumably mostly being frequented by Steeler fans. I thought and still think the refs deserve mention as goats. I don't blame them exclusively or even primarily. I just thought somewhere along the way they deserved a mention.

I don't go and troll Seahawk or any other teams sites. I don't go making excuses on neutral sites such as CBS Sports, ESPN, NFL.com etc.... I'm just expressing an opinion here. Speaking of which go look at the article on this game on Proffotballfocus and they bring up Sherman's interception and the lack of a call on that play. So I think there's validity to the plays I brought up.

Anyway that's it. I wont apologize, because I don't feel I'm being anywhere close to a whiny Seahawk fan whining 11 years after the fact to properly called penalties.

86WARD
11-30-2015, 07:52 PM
THere's no way you can't leave the officiating out of this game. It was bad on both sides of the ball.

SteelerFanInStl
11-30-2015, 07:53 PM

I'd still like an explanation for this. Why have the flags if they're not needed? I've NEVER before seen a challenge given to a team without them throwing the flag. So now the coach can just stand on the sideline and yell "Challenge"? Yea, seems logical. Carrol should never have been given that challenge.

86WARD
11-30-2015, 07:59 PM
I didn't realize Carroll got that challenge without throwing the red flag. That's complete and utter bullshit on top of the rest of the mess that was the officiating.

st33lersguy
11-30-2015, 08:13 PM
THere's no way you can't leave the officiating out of this game. It was bad on both sides of the ball.

I'm not pinning the game on officiating in a 9 point loss that featured numerous turnovers, no pass defense, and terrible coaching decisions

86WARD
11-30-2015, 09:21 PM
You can't ignore it though.

Devilsdancefloor
11-30-2015, 09:24 PM
defense and coaching someone needs to teach wraping up

teegre
11-30-2015, 10:01 PM
Makes plenty of sense.

With few exceptions, though, you can take a team that was contending for the Super Bowl last season, change nothing, and this season you don't know whether they're going 15-1 or 8-8. They usually won't go completely into the toilet, but I think it's safe to say that for the Seahawks, things just haven't come together this season.

Now watch them win 9 games in a row because I said that.

Here's a factor: everyone brings their "A game" against the champs.

Seattle's defense has been the pinnacle for a few years; hence, everyone wants to be the team to beat them. Hence, they rarely get an "easy" opponent. Whereas, a few years ago, they kind of took the league by surprise. Plus, as champions will tell you: complacency sets in after success.

Hence, they aren't as good as their previous seasons' 13-3/12-4 records... and they're not as bad as their current 6-5 record. They should be an 8-3 team heading towards 11-5 (IMO).

zulater
12-01-2015, 01:21 PM
I'm not pinning the game on officiating in a 9 point loss that featured numerous turnovers, no pass defense, and terrible coaching decisions

It was a 2 point game with just over two minutes to go with the Seahawks facing 3rd and long at their own 20. . If you saw a lopsided game then you must have been watching a different channel. :coffee:

- - - Updated - - -

You can, but only if somehow your perspective was that the Steelers got blown out.

fansince'76
12-01-2015, 01:22 PM
You can't ignore it though.

Bingo. There's a difference between calling the officiating out and blaming it solely for the loss. I'm also tired of reading how Sherman "locked down" AB after watching him get away with mugging him the entire fucking game.

zulater
12-01-2015, 01:30 PM
I didn't realize Carroll got that challenge without throwing the red flag. That's complete and utter bullshit on top of the rest of the mess that was the officiating.

Yeah for whatever reason he couldn't find or un belt the challenge flag before the Steelers got to the line of scrimmage to run the next play. But he yelled to the closest official that he wanted to challenge so they stopped the game and allowed the challenge.

Personally I wish they would go to the college system and let all plays including personal fouls be reviewable by the "eye in the sky".

Especially since they tell officials to throw the flag on anything resembling a personal foul. So to me since a 15 yard penalty that often negates a positive defensive play (in this games case a sack) can be absolutely game altering they should be subject to review without a challenge. It would take 10 seconds for the booth to review and see if a more extensive look is required.

fansince'76
12-01-2015, 01:56 PM
Yep, just great "lock down" coverage! :jerkit:

http://giant.gfycat.com/HeftyConsciousJapanesebeetle.gif

That's defensive holding (at a minimum) on anyone else in the league. And it was FAR from the only instance of it in that game. :coffee:

Of course the asshats on the Squawks board I found this gif link at were all "Hurr durr, look at Brown trip over his own feet" as if AB tripping over his own feet had absolutely nothing to do with Sherman grabbing him and pushing him all over the place. Yup, no causal relationship there at all. :rolleyes:

SteelerFanInStl
12-01-2015, 02:14 PM

That's defensive holding (at a minimum) on anyone else in the league. And it was FAR from the only instance of it in that game. :coffee:

Of course the asshats on the Squawks board I found this gif link at were all "Hurr durr, look at Brown trip over his own feet" as if AB tripping over his own feet had absolutely nothing to do with Sherman grabbing him and pushing him all over the place. Yup, no causal relationship there at all. :rolleyes:

It certainly makes you wonder what people are looking at. I don't see how anyone with any football knowledge can look at that and not determine that it was AT LEAST illegal contact. He's grabbing AB with both hands!

I still believe that play was the turning point in the game.

fansince'76
12-01-2015, 02:19 PM

Our sieve of a secondary was the primary reason for the loss, but that play sure as hell didn't help.

SteelMember
12-01-2015, 02:32 PM
The Secondary. Maybe not all, but most of it. Can't count how many 3rd and long plays were made. "Smells like... losing."

steel striker
12-01-2015, 02:38 PM
Christ Sherman gets away with more holding than Revis did and, if most DB's make the any contact there are three flags before anybody hits the ground. That was god awful last Sunday!

zulater
12-01-2015, 03:15 PM
It certainly makes you wonder what people are looking at. I don't see how anyone with any football knowledge can look at that and not determine that it was AT LEAST illegal contact. He's grabbing AB with both hands!

Of course it was a turning point. The Steelers had the lead still (21-20) and then of course the next play after the interception was the bogus unnecessary roughness penalty on Timmons which made what should have been a 2nd and 11 at the 40 into a first and 10 at the 25.

If you followed twitter at all during that game more than one neutral commentator made note of the holds and interference calls the Seahawks got away with throughout the game. We should teach our db's to clutch and grab the same. Because if you keep doing it they stop calling it. And then pretty soon it becomes your way and you get a separate set of rules than the rest of the league. And that's not whining, that's just telling it like it is.

You know I have to laugh when I see some of the comments about that game and how Wilson supposedly outplayed Ben. Nothing against Wilson who I like and did in fact play brilliantly, the level of competition was a little different. The combination of the talent and the rule bending the Seahawks db's get away with made Ben's task that of skiing down the Matterhorn. While Russell got to play on the bunny slopes. The tight windows had to throw into on the majority of his passes made his effeciency amazing.

86WARD
12-01-2015, 09:40 PM
Bingo. There's a difference between calling the officiating out and blaming it solely for the loss. I'm also tired of reading how Sherman "locked down" AB after watching him get away with mugging him the entire fucking game.

6 catches for 51 yards, 12 targets...hardly locked down.

Count Steeler
12-02-2015, 05:25 AM

Phil Sims even questioned the non call. Now that is saying something.

fansince'76
12-02-2015, 11:25 AM
He tripped himself. Watch his feet and at the end of the gif you can see his left foot hooking his right calf. (or other way around either way a foot his hooking his own calve)

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=119183&start=50#p1766453

I think Brown was leaning into Sherman's arm, and when Sherman pulled his arm in it caused Brown to fall forward a bit and lose balance since the resistance was suddenly gone.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=119183&start=50#p1766449

This looks to me like Brown PURPOSLY tripping himself, to try'n draw a flag for a DPI.
Sherman was looking back, Brown wasn't....It's like he had no intention of trying to make the catch, thus, another lousy acting job that the Ref's weren't buying.

To Add......Outstanding footwork Sherm!!

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=119183&start=50#p1767194

Yeah, OK, you go with that. And by all means, continue to conveniently ignore Sherman completely wrapping himself around Brown's frame. :rolleyes:

Idiots.

Drazo85
12-02-2015, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by scutterhawk
This looks to me like Brown PURPOSLY tripping himself, to try'n draw a flag for a DPI.
Sherman was looking back, Brown wasn't....It's like he had no intention of trying to make the catch, thus, another lousy acting job that the Ref's weren't buying.

To Add......Outstanding footwork Sherm!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGvwdNQNhJA

86WARD
12-02-2015, 07:26 PM
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=119183&start=50#p1766453

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=119183&start=50#p1766449

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=119183&start=50#p1767194

Yeah, OK, you go with that. And by all means, continue to conveniently ignore Sherman completely wrapping himself around Brown's frame. :rolleyes:

Idiots.

Lol. Is that serious?

zoneblitzerII
12-02-2015, 10:09 PM

Thats is pass interference all right. Why didn't we get a good look during the broadcast? My guess is that officials were intimidated by Seattle to ignore their illegal defensive scheme. A great way to get away with playing illegally is just to go out and do it on every play and just dare the officials to call everything. They won't do it.

86WARD
12-03-2015, 02:30 AM
They showed it several times during the broadcast.

fansince'76
12-03-2015, 08:34 AM
Thats is pass interference all right. Why didn't we get a good look during the broadcast? My guess is that officials were intimidated by Seattle to ignore their illegal defensive scheme. A great way to get away with playing illegally is just to go out and do it on every play and just dare the officials to call everything. They won't do it.

That's probably not far from the truth at all.

Texasteel
12-03-2015, 10:07 AM
Just further prof that the seachicken fan know nothing about football except to see what they want to see, then try to justify it. Forget who the players are, the DB had his hands all over the WR, and gave him a push just before he fell. If you changed the uniforms the Seattle fans would be throwing a fit right now.

86WARD
12-03-2015, 12:21 PM
12th Man!