PDA

View Full Version : What was the most embarrassing loss by the Steelers you've ever seen?

polamalubeast
11-26-2015, 02:27 PM
I ask this question because the Eagles have two embarrassing lost in five days against two bad teams and Chip Kelly seems to have lost his team.I not remember seeing the steelers get embarrassed like the eagles in the last 5 days.

Maybe the game against the Patriots in 2013, but at least it was against a good team.Of course, the loss against the browns last year was a disgrace, but at least it was just one game,for the eagles this is 2 embarrassing lost in a row.

fansince'76
11-26-2015, 02:37 PM
Making this scrub look like an NFL QB was inexcusable. LeBeau should have been shown the door after that game right along with Arians instead of being allowed to hang around for another 3 years afterward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLBPHU4bPAA

To add insult to injury, I actually paid good money to see that mess in person. http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/images/smilies/doh.gif

NCSteeler
11-26-2015, 02:48 PM
Don't remember the year, but I think it was a 10-6 loss to the Browns when Airhead thought a high flying passing game was best for a blustery night in the dead of winter. Actually any loss to the Browns

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

86WARD
11-26-2015, 02:51 PM
1989. 51-0 spanking courtesy of Cleveland?

steelreserve
11-26-2015, 02:57 PM
Basically any Raiders game from 2000 until this year.

Butch
11-26-2015, 04:36 PM
Losing to the Texans in their 1st year despite crushing them in every single category that was not scoring.

Losing to the Chargers in the championship game in 1994, we were overwhelming favorites going into the game and even had an early lead.

teegre
11-26-2015, 05:16 PM
Losing to the Texans in their 1st year despite crushing them in every single category that was not scoring.

Losing to the Chargers in the championship game in 1994, we were overwhelming favorites going into the game and even had an early lead.

Yes... and, yes.

2002: The Texans had something like 49 yards of offense... but, scored three defensive touchdowns: Maddox threw a couple of pick-sixes, and the Texans also returned a fumble for a TD.

1994: Living in San Diego, I had to re-live that game for fourteen years. My friends played a VHS tape of that game at every party that I attended (until the Steelers beat the Chargers in the 2008 playoffs). Fuck Eric Green for not rolling his fat ass that last few yards into the end-zone!!!

steelerdude15
11-26-2015, 06:25 PM
The Steelers vs Ravens season opener in 2011. That sucked.

st33lersguy
11-26-2015, 06:26 PM
Last year losing at home to the 2-14 Tampa Bay Sucs. 2006, losing at 2 win Oakland. Oakland had 98 yards and still won. Then there is the 4 week span in 09 where Tomlin's Steelers lost to the Chiefs, Raiders at home, and Clowns in a 4 week span

zulater
11-26-2015, 07:09 PM
There were a couple games, the Eagles and Giants, I believe it was 08, the Steelers offense was sickly. Like they couldn't get out of their own way. Sack after sack. Ben was hit on virtually every drop back in both those games. Ironically they won the Super bowl that year.

tube517
11-26-2015, 07:41 PM

That was embarrasing.

I'll go back to 1979 when you could see cracks in the dynasty.

Losing 34-10 to the Bungles was the day Noll thought they threw the game. They were watching the Pirates World Series game that day and seemed distracted.

Losing 35-7 to the Chargers and Dan Fouts. Bradshaw threw alot of picks and couldn't score and Fouts had a field day. I didn't think we had a shot for a 4th ring because the Chargers looked unbeatable, but later lost to Houston in the playoffs.

Hawkman
11-26-2015, 09:32 PM

I have to go with this one. I was at that game in Baltimore......It was a long, LONG, ride back to Richmond.

steelerdude15
11-26-2015, 10:09 PM
Last year losing at home to the 2-14 Tampa Bay Sucs. 2006, losing at 2 win Oakland. Oakland had 98 yards and still won. Then there is the 4 week span in 09 where Tomlin's Steelers lost to the Chiefs, Raiders at home, and Clowns in a 4 week span

Yup, the Steelers lost five in a row. That was the year that the Steelers started 1-2, then won five in a row, then lost five in the row, and then won three in the row to finish the season.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to go with this one. I was at that game in Baltimore......It was a long, LONG, ride back to Richmond.

I could only imagine. I'm sure the Ravens fans were giving you a hard time.

- - - Updated - - -

There were a couple games, the Eagles and Giants, I believe it was 08, the Steelers offense was sickly. Like they couldn't get out of their own way. Sack after sack. Ben was hit on virtually every drop back in both those games. Ironically they won the Super bowl that year.

The Eagles sacked Ben nine times that day and then Ben threw four interceptions and was sacked five times against the Giants.

TeeTee
11-27-2015, 05:26 PM

No question this was the worst, although some claim it was Noll's best coaching, as they started out that terrible (that was one of the few years since the 60's that Cleveland had a good team) they ended up with a winning season, record-wise.

Browns had a solid team; good D, good rushing game, good passing attack.

Edman
11-27-2015, 09:38 PM

I'm going to go the extra mile and put down the 2011 losses to the Houston Texans and San Francisco 49ers as well. It's one thing to lose, but to be totally outclassed by the playoff teams speaks volumes.

Those losses, on top of several other major factors were the reason why I was not surprised in the least the Steelers lost to Tebow and Denver. They just weren't that good that year. If they eke out of Denver, New England was waiting to slaughter them.

Steelman
11-28-2015, 01:43 AM

Those were the two recent games that came to mind as well. That Eagles game in particular was a low moment even by our offensive line's standards back then.

Went and found the box scores from those two games:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200809210phi.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200810260pit.htm

j-d-s
11-28-2015, 04:37 PM
I remember a game a couple of years back where we committed 8 turnovers against the Browns. That was bad.

st33lersguy
11-28-2015, 06:28 PM
I remember a game a couple of years back where we committed 8 turnovers against the Browns. That was bad.

2012, the Clowns were 2-8, we lost 20-14, every running back that suited up lost a fumble. What a vomit-inducing game that was

polamalubeast
11-28-2015, 06:36 PM
2012, the Clowns were 2-8, we lost 20-14, every running back that suited up lost a fumble. What a vomit-inducing game that was

It was a awful game,but it was with Charlie Batch too...