PDA

View Full Version : Bob Labriola: Analyzing the 2010 roster

stillers4me
09-05-2010, 01:47 PM
By Bob Labriola – Steelers Digest
Posted 21 minutes ago

Is the Steelers’ 2010 roster too old? Or did the team keep too many rookies on it?

It’s somewhat strange when those two opposites both can be argued, but it’s also true that the 53-man roster the Steelers will bring to their Sept. 12 opener against Atlanta at Heinz Field will include 17 thirtysomethings and eight of the 10 players they selected in the draft last April.

The issue of age has been something the Steelers have been hearing ever since holding onto fourth quarter leads became a problem in 2009, and an offseason survey found their average age to be 26.78 years, tied with the Cleveland Browns (http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/) as the second-oldest team in the league. The Washington Redskins (http://www.redskins.com/), at 27.33 years, was the oldest.

........................The following is a position-by-position overview of the Steelers’ 53-man roster, with the players listed alphabetically at each position:..........

read more....http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Analyzing-the-2010-roster/d20a0629-198d-4272-94de-7f0b170fa7f9?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

GoSlash27
09-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Good article!

Steeltreal
09-05-2010, 05:30 PM
I was calling for Dwyer during the 5th round of the draft, passed 3 times. Taken in the 6th then 8 of 10 rookies make the 53 man squad.

Trust in Colbert. I do.

43Hitman
09-05-2010, 05:57 PM
That was a really good article. I love all the moves they've made, and my opinion has started to change slightly on Adams.

tube517
09-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Just noticed your "just say no to Flozell" in your name. LOL!

That was a really good article. I love all the moves they've made, and my opinion has started to change slightly on Adams.

Austin87
09-06-2010, 03:39 AM
Good read.

solardave
09-06-2010, 05:28 AM

My jury is still out on him. He is slow against speed rushers like Starks and that scares me. If we're running the ball it won't matter.
In the first 4 games (at least) we will have to establish the run.

HometownGal
09-06-2010, 06:53 AM
Very enjoyable article, Sue - thanks. :drink:

I'm not worried about Flo as I think his play improved during the last 2 preseason games. Granted - he isn't consistent on the pass blocking, but he is a good rush blocker and for this season, I think we can get by nicely with him at RT until Colon comes back next season.

What I :chuckle:d at is the notion that "thirty-somethings" are "old". :lol: In the NFL, I suppose they are, but I still find it funny!

TroysBarber
09-06-2010, 06:54 AM
I think it's amazing that 8 rookies made the team. Even the worst teams are unlikely to upgrade this much in a single draft.

Galax Steeler
09-06-2010, 06:59 AM
It is sad to say but we are going to have to come to reality one day. We are going to start loosing some guys to retirement before we know it. The ones that help lead us to two superbowls. Ward is one that comes to mind along with Keisel, Smith, Harrison just to name a few. We are slowly starting to get into a new era for the Pittsburgh Steelers.