PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Cuts/Trades- You Happy?

Crow-Magnon
09-05-2010, 01:03 PM
On my end, I'm glad Troy Smith, Shayne Graham and Demetrius Williams were sent packing. The jury is out on trading Antwaan Barnes to Philly for a conditional pic. I think this is based on Kindle being able to play sooner than originally thought, but Barnes was at least some type of pass rush threat.

What about you? Are you satisfied with the Steelers 53-man roster? Happy some are gone? Upset that someone should have stayed? What say you?

Steeltreal
09-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Someone Delete this BS!

stillers4me
09-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Someone Delete this BS!

I don't think so.

Crow asked a legitimate question about our response to yesterdays cuts. I don't see anything wrong with that. There is absolutely no malice in this post.

I feel good about yesterdays events. Although Logan is a speedy little devil, we needed the roster spot considering we have several rookie WR that can handle the job. I wish him the best of luck....I'm sure it won't be long until another team picks him up.

Kaeg
09-05-2010, 01:15 PM
I really wanted to keep Logan, but I think it was the right choice because we didn't have room for him. Summers I still have hope for, and maybe he will land on the PS and develop by next season, or maybe even be called upon this year if an injury. Which I'm hoping never to happen. Jeez...I could say this same thing about several now that I think about it. Bailey being another off the top of my head.

Wallace108
09-05-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm surprised at the number of rookies who made the team, but I'm satisfied with the cuts. Can't complain about a single one. I liked Logan, but he's one dimensional.

Galax Steeler
09-05-2010, 01:23 PM
I was hoping to find a way to keep Baily he was playing real hard but we just didn't have room for him.

BPS3akaWirels3
09-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Someone Delete this BS!

Why the beef brother? Yes he is a ratbird :heh: but has a good question...

Answer: So far so good with all the cuts... Would like to see G-man on the squad... I was so happy last year when we did the same with Redman and now he is on the team..

Crow-Magnon
09-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Your secondary blew last year, as did the Ravens. Do you think it's improved, or do you feel that simply having Polomalu back in the starting line-up is all it needs?

Crow-Magnon
09-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Someone Delete this BS!

Thanks to all that responded to this post. Steeltreal, you will find that I am a Ravens fan that posts on SU to talk football with the other side, which is sometimes (often) better than hearing the same old, same old "we're goin' 16 and 0!" homerism you can run into on your own team's site. I bust on Baltimore as hard as anyone if I think they're weak in some area, or make a boneheaded play. I ravaged the secondary last year- trust me.

oneforthetoe
09-05-2010, 01:54 PM
I am happy. I'm a little nervous about a few things, but that never ends. I would have liked it if we could have kept Hartiwig as backup, since we have no experience behind Pouncy. However, I am thrilled by Pouncy's development. I think we have a real player for that position for years to come. Heck, I'd be satisfied if he becomes our third best player of all time at that position. :chuckle: If he gets hurt, I will just believe in the "big legursky."

Also, like everyone else, I would have liked to see Logan make the team, but not at the cost of one of our rooks.

O'Malley
09-05-2010, 02:12 PM
I think this team has a ton of talent on both sides of the ball and can't wait to see them play real games now. This year is one that stands out for me. I can't remember a year with so much talent from a rookie class(except 74 but I was not more then a twinkle in my dads eyes then). The cuts had to be made and I think the FO did a great job evaluating talent and cutting the fat so to say. Should be a good year and good years to come IMO.

Texasteel
09-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Your secondary blew last year, as did the Ravens. Do you think it's improved, or do you feel that simply having Polomalu back in the starting line-up is all it needs?

Having Troy back is going to help a great deal, sorry about Reed man. I also think that getting Gay back to the position he seemed to thrive in will help. The addition of Allen, and Lewis playing as well has he has been helps as well. I like the secondary better than I did at the start of the season last year. Is it good enough? We'll see.

As far as the cuts go, I'm fairly happy. I would have like to keep Logan, and Harris.

Keep in mind Steeltreal probably doesn't know you very well yet. Don't be to hard on him, or her.

steeldevil
09-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Definately satisfied. As everyone said, losing Logan sucks but it was necessary.

The Duke
09-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Having Troy back is going to help a great deal, sorry about Reed man. I also think that getting Gay back to the position he seemed to thrive in will help. The addition of Allen, and Lewis playing as well has he has been helps as well.

Plus butler :)

I'm glad he made the team, he was making plays all over the place. And he can play all safety and CB Positions. Gotta like that value for a 5th rounder

Burnett sure had talent, but butler and madison were needed more. He'll catch on with some team

I am nervous about not getting Harris or Worthington back. Cleveland cut Clifton Geathers and he got picked up by Miami. Hopefully we can get them to the PS. Dline depth is about the only position that worries me

steelatl
09-05-2010, 03:39 PM
As with others I'm sad to see Logan go. It sucks that we have to use a roster spot on a long snapper. Maybe they could teach Legursky how to do it on the fly and resign Logan.

tube517
09-05-2010, 04:07 PM
I hope we can keep Sunny Harris and Tank Summers on the practice squad. I think MeMo will be gone next year so that may open up a spot for Tank. Nick Eason is still a decent backup so there was no room for Sunny. Bailey, Logan and Burnett - we can't put on the PS but it's too bad we had to let them go. Our DL is old but Sunny couldn't beat out Nick Eason.

steelerdude15
09-05-2010, 04:12 PM
I'm pretty happy with our cuts, the only one I didn't see coming was Logan. I was hoping he would have stuck around.

Butch
09-05-2010, 04:17 PM
I was hoping to find a way to keep Baily he was playing real hard but we just didn't have room for him.

Yeah I was hoping against hope that he would make it too. I could see the writing on the wall when we drafted all those LB's. I'm sure Charlie would have been gone if Lefty hadn't gotten hurt and he may be when Lefty is back on the roster.

Biggest surprise for me was not Logan but Burnett.

GoSlash27
09-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Crow,
Actually, you mentioned my area of concern. I'm not pleased that we kept Willie Gay and I'm surprised that we didn't keep Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith. Aside from that, I think we're good to go.
Watch out for #33! :D

Crow-Magnon
09-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Crow,
Actually, you mentioned my area of concern. I'm not pleased that we kept Willie Gay and I'm surprised that we didn't keep Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith. Aside from that, I think we're good to go.
Watch out for #33! :D

I heard Gay's name time after time last season.....and it wasn't about something good.

HometownGal
09-06-2010, 07:09 AM
Overall, I'm quite pleased other than letting the munchkin go, but as someone stated above - he is pretty much one-dimensional and we just couldn't hold a roster spot open for him in that sole capacity.

I am very happy that Pouncey will be our starting C and that Hartwig was sent packing. Legursky is the backup C and if, God forbid, it becomes necessary that he is called upon to start, I have the utmost confidence in him that he will do just fine. :thumbsup:

LLT
09-06-2010, 07:23 AM
VERY happy that Legursky made the cut. Also glad to see that my thoughts of us keeping both rookie WR's and all three rookie LBers panned out so that I didnt look like an ass. (Well....at least not about the prediction)

BuddhaBus
09-06-2010, 08:41 AM
Overall, I'm happy with where we're at. I did like Logan a lot and he is going to really help the Lions out.

Surprised by the Burnett cut as well, but I trust the coaching staff made the right choice there. Butler has been impressive, Gay looks better, you knew McFadden and Ike would stay and I guess they saw more in Lewis than Burnett (even though Lewis shit the bed in the Denver game). Too many guys to find room for and he was the odd man out.

Bailey will be missed, but he was another victim of the numbers game. It is a good problem to have to have to choose to cut really talented players. I think we have a great team of guys to go into battle with. NOW LET'S GO KICK SOME ASS, FELLAS! :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

solardave
09-06-2010, 08:52 AM

I wanted to see Logan and Bailey make it. Bailey was starting to come into his own.

SteelGhost
09-06-2010, 09:38 AM
I'm happy with the cuts, just a little surprised for Burnett.

MULLDOG24
09-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Burnett is really the cut that perplexes me I thought he had good cover skills and even had a pick in preseason. I would have liked to keep Burnett over Madison but I trust in the FO.