PDA

View Full Version : On the Steelers: Brown on pace for legendary career

polamalubeast
11-19-2015, 11:19 AM
Antonio Brown no longer amazes teammates with his next great thing on a football field, although that forward flip into the end zone last Sunday caught them by surprise.

They did not see that coming, never saw him try it in practice and he told no one he might do it. Who knows, the next thing might be for Brown to catch a pass while he’s in the middle of a flip.

“Not really, I guess,” quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said as to whether he's surprised by any of Brown's performances. “It kind of seems silly because we expect what he does every week.

“It’s hard for him to do anything anymore that we shake our heads about. The biggest thing for me that makes me in awe is when he does something like drops a ball. That’s a bigger deal more than making a great catch.”

Brown, 27 and in his sixth NFL season, keeps raising his personal bar. If it goes any higher, the Steelers will need to more than expand the UPMC Rooney Complex, they’ll need to raise the ceilings.

Brown’s 1,141 receiving yards not only leads the NFL, it is nearly an unprecedented pace in modern league history. In the 50 seasons in which the Super Bowl has existed, Brown’s are the second-most yards 10 games into it. Only Isaac Bruce had more with 1,183 through 10 games in 1995.

He has done this even though he was held to 11 receptions for 111 yards combined for three consecutive games — Baltimore, San Diego and Arizona — while Mike Vick started for the injured Roethlisberger and the passing game was stifled. His 79 receptions are one off the NFL lead.

read more

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/11/19/On-the-Steelers-7/stories/201511190098

Craic
11-19-2015, 11:28 AM
I think by the time he's done, barring major injuries, we will definitely be talking about him in the same breath as Jerry Rice . . . as long as he doesn't break his back on one of those stupid flips.

polamalubeast
11-19-2015, 11:31 AM
Brown would probably have 2000 yards this year if Roethlisberger would have been healthy!

hwalker84
11-19-2015, 11:45 AM
Brown would probably have 2000 yards this year if Roethlisberger would have been healthy!
Agreed. He'd be at 1300+ if Big Ben didn't get hurt.

Psycho Ward 86
11-19-2015, 03:17 PM
Remember when there were a couple of dolts on the board who seriously thought Antonio Brown might be disposable because we drafted Sammie Coates. Remember when those same dolts thought he's not going to be able to earn his next extension?

Lets see if they report in anytime soon :lol:

hawaiiansteeler
11-19-2015, 03:55 PM
Remember when there were a couple of dolts on the board who seriously thought Antonio Brown might be disposable because we drafted Sammie Coates. Remember when those same dolts thought he's not going to be able to earn his next extension?

Lets see if they report in anytime soon :lol:

they won't.

they're tied up at the moment...

http://healthculturesociety.wikispaces.com/file/view/strait_jackets.jpg/267349942/553x407/strait_jackets.jpg