PDA

View Full Version : Chickillo

teegre
11-15-2015, 09:33 PM
I tried to focus on Chickillo, whenever he was on the field. I'm fighting a head cold... and, had my two kids in front of me; so, it was fuzzy. :lol: Anyway, here is what I saw.

Chickillo was was lined up wrong (repeatedly); someone would move him into position. Manziel would then point at Chickillo, signaling for the play to go there (because, Chickillo was obviously confused). Then... Chickillo had GREAT coverage and/or filled the running lane.

1. Lining up wrong is a rookie mistake. I have zero problem with that.

2. Manziel pointing him out, but not being able to take advantage of the situation tells me that Chickillo was playing very well. Otherwise, we would have seen Chickillo getting lit up.

Please, add what you saw.

Steelman
11-15-2015, 09:40 PM
Good thread, Teegre. I had actually meant to ask Alex what his thoughts were on him too. Glad you brought it up.

I personally only saw Chickillo on a couple of plays due to the only live feed available to me was NFL Red Zone...and the Brownies weren't there often. :lol:

I DID notice him on a blitz off the edge where he got really good push on Joe Thomas and collapsed his side of the pocket. I don't recall was the end result of the play was, but that one caught my eye.

Steelman
11-15-2015, 10:01 PM
Alex's (Chidi29) take:

teegre
11-15-2015, 10:06 PM
Alex's (Chidi29) take:

Thanks.

I seem to recall him knocking Joe Thomas back on his ass... but, that could have been someone else. Regardless, thanks.

86WARD
11-16-2015, 05:33 AM
I saw him a few times...he had good pressure, but couldn't get off to get free.

Steeldude
11-16-2015, 07:09 AM
In other words, already better than Jones. : )

Rotorhead
11-16-2015, 09:47 AM
Well I will take better than JJ, Dupree is a beast in his rookie season, so we are set for that side. If Chickillo and bookend him, we are set for OLB and only need to work on DBs this off season!

tube517
11-16-2015, 01:59 PM

hawaiiansteeler
11-16-2015, 02:26 PM
Snap Counts: Jarvis Jones 46 Bud Dupree 38 Arthur Moats 33 Anthony Chickillo 22

the Chickster played 22 snaps and only made one tackle? what the hell was he doing those other 21 times?

Chickillo is obviously a bust and should be cut immediately...

tube517
11-16-2015, 02:28 PM
the Chickster played 22 snaps and only made one tackle? what the hell was he doing those other 21 times?

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB-WiR3ZN_TfWjODZmKIzsvwEx8I4PR27ZpNiF13vD1Ho3KavC-94O8qI-

TeeTee
11-16-2015, 02:37 PM

I can't wait until the "titty fighter" is gone and others are getting those snaps. I think Chick has ALREADY shown more promise than the titty fighter. On the few plays I noticed Chick, he was holding his own, even though he is so green. Dupree is definitely looking like the real deal. I guess one bad first round pick isn't the worst if it only happens once every decade. Teams like Cleveland, J-ville and such blow almost their entire drafts every year. I guess I can stomach one first-round bust a decade.

Mojouw
11-16-2015, 02:44 PM
I need to see Chickillo actually make a play in a regular season game before I'm ready to anoint him the next starter at OLB.

At this point he is no more of a known quantity than other "preseason stars" like Howard Jones, Soto, and the dozens of others over the last several years.

Do I see potential and signs for excitement? Absolutely. But lwt's not fit him for an ugly yellow blazer just yet.

TeeTee
11-16-2015, 03:21 PM
I need to see Chickillo actually make a play in a regular season game before I'm ready to anoint him the next starter at OLB.

At this point he is no more of a known quantity than other "preseason stars" like Howard Jones, Soto, and the dozens of others over the last several years.

Do I see potential and signs for excitement? Absolutely. But lwt's not fit him for an ugly yellow blazer just yet.

I agree, Chick offers no KNOWN abilities right now. But I am hoping he will. Put it this way, at least Chick is an UNKNOWN, Jones is a KNOWN nothing. At least Chick has potential at this point. JJ has zero.

hawaiiansteeler
11-16-2015, 03:35 PM
Thanks.

I seem to recall him knocking Joe Thomas back on his ass... but, that could have been someone else. Regardless, thanks.

that was Jarvis Jones who pancaked Joe Thomas...

Iron Steeler
11-16-2015, 04:06 PM

lololol

86WARD
11-16-2015, 05:29 PM

Thomas must have tripped.

Texasteel
11-16-2015, 05:47 PM
I agree, Chick offers no KNOWN abilities right now. But I am hoping he will. Put it this way, at least Chick is an UNKNOWN, Jones is a KNOWN nothing. At least Chick has potential at this point. JJ has zero.

One thing he has shown, is an " I want to play" attitude. We have had a couple that has not shown that yet. IMO, we just got rid of one of them.

teegre
11-16-2015, 06:36 PM

Fair enough. Makes sense.

You're pretty astute in your assessment of players... what did you see?

(I'm truly asking, because I was very distracted... and, I value your opinion).

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. I "thought" that it might have been someone else, but I couldn't recall.

Mojouw
11-16-2015, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the kind words, Teegre. Unfortunately I only had a sketchy illegal stream and wasn't able to see jersey #'s and such. Disappointed because I really wanted to see what Villenueva and Chick were doing. Jesse James as well. Hopefully others had a better view!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Psycho Ward 86
11-17-2015, 12:16 AM
Thomas must have tripped.

i heard one of the announcers saying it looked like Irving, that rookie guard stepped on Joe Thomas to cause him to fall over

hawaiiansteeler
03-28-2016, 06:50 PM
Those four returning linebackers likely will rotate at the positions again next season – Jones and Harrison on the right and Dupree and Moats on the left. Anthony Chickillo, a sixth-round draft pick last year who was cut and then re-signed, will get a look but there’s also talk he may play defensive end.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/03/27/Steelers-spotlight-Can-first-round-picks-Bud-Dupree-Jarvis-Jones-make-an-impact/stories/201603270134