PDA

View Full Version : Did silly "poker play" almost back fire?

TeeTee
11-15-2015, 04:42 PM
What if Cool Shades attempt to trick the Browns into thinking that Ben was gonna play back fire? Had he convinced them Ben was gonna play, and they prepared for him, could have the whole thing backfired when Jones went down?

Super happy it didn't backfire, but it could have.

Ben is the best QB to ever play in the AFC North/Central, period. No one was ever better. No one.

Count Steeler
11-15-2015, 04:44 PM
Mind blown.

fansince'76
11-15-2015, 04:44 PM
This doesn't even make fucking sense.

Shoes
11-15-2015, 04:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN4Di8DEPf8

Mojouw
11-15-2015, 04:56 PM
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/files/2013/09/doublefacepalm.jpg

st33lersguy
11-15-2015, 04:58 PM
On no planet is it better for Landry to play than for Ben to play. Besides I am confident Cleveland didn't think Ben would play as good as he did coming off of a mid-foot sprain

TeeTee
11-15-2015, 04:58 PM
This doesn't even make fucking sense.

Let me help you out here. IF Cool Shades hadn't tried to pretend Ben might be starting, Browns may have thought they didn't have to worry about game-planning for Ben, BUT, SINCE they did play poker games acting like he might start, the Browns may have been better prepared for when Jones went down. Can you grasp that? It does make sense, and it is logical. I notice that sometimes you shift away from using logic. Logic is your friend, my friend.

vader29
11-15-2015, 05:00 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/2zeb0oz.jpg

fansince'76
11-15-2015, 05:01 PM
Let me help you out here. IF Cool Shades hadn't tried to pretend Ben might be starting, Browns may have thought they didn't have to worry about game-planning for Ben, BUT, SINCE they did play poker games acting like he might start, the Browns may have been better prepared for when Jones went down. Can you grasp that? It does make sense, and it is logical. I notice that sometimes you shift away from using logic. Logic is your friend, my friend.

Not only are you an asshole, you're also a condescending asshole. Bad combo, my "friend." You act like you have some special insight that somehow eludes the rest of us, which is laughable. Trust me, YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT.

Besides, shouldn't you be off fapping to the mighty Belichick and the Pats about now?

st33lersguy
11-15-2015, 05:09 PM

Yeah, as if Cleveland spending more time preparing for Ben would matter against a Big Ben playing at the top of his game. How many times has Cleveland known for a fact that a healthy Ben would be playing all week during practice only to be killed by him on Sunday? It doesn't matter

Rotorhead
11-15-2015, 05:12 PM
Yes TeeTee, Tomlin tried tricking everyone about Bens injury, so much so Ben got limited snaps, and by your own flawed logic said he absolutely would not play, just to make the Browns prepare for jones. Maybe, just maybe, Ben was actually injured, got better, but since Jones got most of the snaps this week he was the starter for 2 reason (most practice and hope to rest Ben). Maybe, just maybe there was no double super secret conspiracy .

SteelerFanInStl
11-15-2015, 05:12 PM

Yes, they prepared so well that Ben threw for 289 yards in the first half. LOL!

stillers4me
11-15-2015, 05:25 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/tomlinscowl.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/sueincinci/media/tomlinscowl.jpg.html)

Steelman
11-15-2015, 05:52 PM
Since we're breaking out the tin foil hat theories, how about how Tomlin hatched a brilliant plan to announce that Ben was limited, start Landry, take advantage of Gilbert's experience with taking out legs and ankles, Landry hobbles off the field, heads immediately to the locker room, and Backup Ben comes in and lights up the hapless Brownies on one foot.

Boom.

katmandu
11-15-2015, 05:53 PM
Not only are you an asshole, you're also a condescending asshole. Bad combo, my "friend." You act like you have some special insight that somehow eludes the rest of us, which is laughable. Trust me, YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT.

Besides, shouldn't you be off fapping to the mighty Belichick and the Pats about now?LMAO !!

hawaiiansteeler
11-15-2015, 06:00 PM
Tomlin is a great poker player, that's why he wears those "cool shades" so that nobody can see his lyin' eyes.

by making the Clowns believe Landry Jones was going to be the QB today, their defensive game plan was to stack the box and take away the run. how Tomlin knew that Landry Jones was going to get injured is amazing, but when Ben entered the game the Brownies' game plan went right out the window...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeNBspJGVko

tube517
11-15-2015, 06:02 PM
Tomlin is a great poker player, that's why he wears those "cool shades" so that nobody can see his lyin' eyes.

by making the Clowns believe Landry Jones was going to be the QB today, their defensive game plan was to stack the box and take away the run. how Tomlin knew that Landry Jones was going to get injured is amazing, but when Ben entered the game the Brownies' game plan went right out the window...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeNBspJGVko

I like how you used "window" instead of "door". Since Cool Shades faked out the Stains with the "Door slightly ajar" comment, you used "window". Dayum, you are a trixter!

hawaiiansteeler
11-15-2015, 06:20 PM
I like how you used "window" instead of "door". Since Cool Shades faked out the Stains with the "Door slightly ajar" comment, you used "window". Dayum, you are a trixter!

Tomlin at his post-game presser:

“Obviously, I was extremely comfortable with our ability to move the ball after we fooled the hell out of the Cleveland Browns. playing poker against them is like playing chess versus a 3rd grader, if you will..." :chuckle:

CapLovesTroyP43
11-15-2015, 06:24 PM

Besides, shouldn't you be off fapping to the mighty Belichick and the Pats about now?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS

steelreserve
11-15-2015, 06:25 PM
I don't really see how they would prepare that differently in the first place. It's not like Ben's and Jones' styles are worlds apart; Ben is just better.

tube517
11-15-2015, 06:30 PM

http://redsarmy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/applause-gif-2.gif#applause%20gif%20320x240

JKLTO
11-15-2015, 06:57 PM
Dude, just admit you were wrong this time. Don't throw in some strange hypothesis to underscore how this may have been a "bad idea" by "cool shades" just because you don't fundamentally understand how football or coaching actually works. I will agree with you that Ben is the best QB to have ever played in the AFC North/Central division (I'd argue that he's even better than that) - but, I think everyone already knew that?

FAIL

salamander
11-15-2015, 07:01 PM
This thread is the reason this guy is on my ignore list.

86WARD
11-15-2015, 07:06 PM
After all this...still makes no sense. Had you said the whole "Landry Injury" was a set up...to outfox the Browns, I'd understand that conspiracy...lol. I'd think it was genius on Tomlin's part...

Steelermania
11-15-2015, 07:07 PM
I know a few girls named TeeTee, but any grown man that would answer to that, well, (just shaking my head).

zulater
11-15-2015, 07:17 PM
Tee, did Tomlin steal your lunch money as a school boy? Perhaps he heisted your 5th grade girlfriend away from you the week before the big dance? I mean seriously it's one thing to have issues with certain decisions he makes. But this thread is borderline delusional. :crazy:

If you want to suggest Tomlin got lucky that Landry got hurt and that Ben came out of the game unscathed that's fair and good. But dude there was no master plan here. Well maybe a little bit of one. I think what might have been in the works is that Tomlin thought Landry could win this game, and if he could it would give Ben two full weeks to get both the foot and knee ready for the stretch run. But by having Ben activated if the game's outcome was in the balance sometime in the second half and the offense was stagnating under Landry then Ben was there to come in for the rescue. Honestly that's the plan I was hoping they would invoke against the Chiefs several weeks ago.

Anyway today further proved the Browns coaches are idiots. Because once Landry went out and Ben went in how the eff don;t you adjust the game plan to accommodate the change? :doh: I'm glad they didn't, but the suggestion that the Browns somehow benefited by preparing for Ben is ludicrous. They did nothing of the sort.

hawaiiansteeler
11-15-2015, 07:23 PM
leave it to the Clowns to injure Landry Jones to get to the QB who is 18-2 lifetime against them...

http://memecrunch.com/meme/3E8R6/browns-suck/image.jpg?w=600&c=1

86WARD
11-15-2015, 07:33 PM
I think the bottom line was that the Browns stink and Tomlin thought he could win with Landry Jones. If things got dicey, he could grow Ben in there to bail them out. Had it been a playoff game, Ben would've been starting all along. Tomlin was hoping for a gimme win with Jones at the helm...giving Ben a couple weeks of rest for a bad wheel. For once, if you will, he was trying to do the right thing.

polamalubeast
11-15-2015, 07:51 PM
I do not understand why Ben was not starting today when he could play...This game was a must win...

86WARD
11-15-2015, 07:56 PM
...it was the Browns...

Mojouw
11-15-2015, 07:56 PM
Having Ben come back too soon from injury and then be too banged up to really do anything in the playoffs has been a problem several times in the past in Tomlin's tenure.

No way the Steelers lose that Denver game if Roethlisberger could even move a little bit.

Anyways - I'm guessing even Landry Jones could beat the Browns.

Also, you want to see a poorly coached team that was unprepared, lacked focus, and played with no fire - Ladies and Gentleman Your 2015 Cleveland Browns!

How many times can a team get roasted on a simple "Go" route before they decide to find a safety to hang out over the top? Apparently it is more than the dozen or so times it happened to the Browns today.

fansince'76
11-15-2015, 07:59 PM
Having Ben come back too soon from injury and then be too banged up to really do anything in the playoffs has been a problem several times in the past in Tomlin's tenure.

No way the Steelers lose that Denver game if Roethlisberger could even move a little bit.

Anyways - I'm guessing even Landry Jones could beat the Browns.

Also, you want to see a poorly coached team that was unprepared, lacked focus, and played with no fire - Ladies and Gentleman Your 2015 Cleveland Browns!

How many times can a team get roasted on a simple "Go" route before they decide to find a safety to hang out over the top? Apparently it is more than the dozen or so times it happened to the Browns today.

Yeah, but thanks to Cool Shades' bad poker playing, we only won by 21 points! We shoulda won by at least 45! :rolleyes:

hawaiiansteeler
11-15-2015, 08:10 PM
...it was the Browns...

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/t1.0-9/546071_10151387433614115_199743139_n.jpg?oh=bd9072 43c41e1f7300ad11149b1c21d3&oe=56B46462

polamalubeast
11-15-2015, 08:12 PM
I just saw another thread and TeeTee is unable to admit when he's wrong

Too much stubborn

fansince'76
11-15-2015, 08:14 PM
I just saw another thread and TeeTee is unable to admit when he's wrong

Too much stubborn

Not only that, he insinuates that the person disagreeing with him is some kind of an idiot.

st33lersguy
11-15-2015, 08:30 PM
I do not understand why Ben was not starting today when he could play...This game was a must win...

I think they were scared after how he played against Cincinnati and in the past coming off injury.

Hawkman
11-15-2015, 08:39 PM
This made two pages...???

Count Steeler
11-15-2015, 09:11 PM
This made two pages...???

A lot of pent up frustration.

teegre
11-15-2015, 09:16 PM
All of you are just too stupid to see through the poker game theatrics.

Wait... or, was it that your vision obscured by the cool shades???

(I can't remember.)

Just admit that ALL of you are wrong... and that you'd rather be Taperiots fans.

Mojouw
11-16-2015, 01:00 AM
What if my future's so bright I have to wear shades?

Other theory. Tomlin wears sunglasses because he coaches with a blinding hangover from the epic drinking binge him and Danny Smith partake in each Saturday.

Explains way too much not to be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steel Peon
11-16-2015, 12:37 PM
Imagine if Ben had started and Gilbert stepped on his foot.......I shudder thinking about it.

TeeTee
11-16-2015, 12:52 PM
Yeah, but thanks to Cool Shades' bad poker playing, we only won by 21 points! We shoulda won by at least 45! :rolleyes:

More straw man arguments. (sigh) I never said that. I merely said that the poker playing __could__ have made the Browns prepare to play vs. Ben, and
after Jones went down, that __could__ have made the Browns better prepared. It didn't matter, Ben just destroyed them. Just more data to showcase that
all the obviously transparent poker playing is just a waste of time. But Cool Shades thinks him dealing in subterfuge fools everyone!!!! Remember, when Bell
was riding the bike after the injury last year? He was just a whisker away from playing that next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

86WARD
11-16-2015, 12:55 PM

45 would have been a bust. 21 is a WINNER. You don't know anything about cards do you? It's probably why you don't have Cools Shades...

TeeTee
11-16-2015, 12:59 PM
Not only that, he insinuates that the person disagreeing with him is some kind of an idiot.

The ad hominem comments have come all from your way. I generally don't use ad hominem rhetoric and don't plan on doing so.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine if Ben had started and Gilbert stepped on his foot.......I shudder thinking about it.

It sure seemed surreal when it happened. I thought it was disaster at the time, but it turned out Ben should have been starting to begin with, even though Shades wasn't planning on it.

hawaiiansteeler
11-16-2015, 01:09 PM

and that's exactly why Cool Shades started Landry instead of Ben.

that Tomlin is a very clever poker player...

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--T5yDw9SJ--/18zby405wm7jnjpg.jpg

TeeTee
11-16-2015, 01:15 PM
All of you are just too stupid to see through the poker game theatrics.

Wait... or, was it that your vision obscured by the cool shades???

(I can't remember.)

Just admit that ALL of you are wrong... and that you'd rather be Taperiots fans.

You missed my point. The entire point wasn't that ANYONE was fooled by Shades attempted poker moves; the entire point was his attempted poker moves fool NO ONE.

That is polar opposite of what you asserted above.

LLT
11-16-2015, 01:17 PM
You missed my point. The entire point wasn't that ANYONE was fooled by Shades attempted poker moves; the entire point was his attempted poker moves fool NO ONE.

You do realize...your ONE misguided opinion does NOT trump the opinions of the 99% who disagree with you...don't you?

Mojouw
11-16-2015, 01:20 PM
More straw man arguments. (sigh) I never said that. I merely said that the poker playing __could__ have made the Browns prepare to play vs. Ben, and
after Jones went down, that __could__ have made the Browns better prepared. It didn't matter, Ben just destroyed them. Just more data to showcase that
all the obviously transparent poker playing is just a waste of time. But Cool Shades thinks him dealing in subterfuge fools everyone!!!! Remember, when Bell
was riding the bike after the injury last year? He was just a whisker away from playing that next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your whole argument is a straw man. It is only "data" to "showcase" something if the original premise is true. Your entire argument, which is extended across about 2 dozen threads on this board at this point, is constructed solely on the foundation that Tomlin is intentionally distorting or shaping the "truth" in an attempt to wring some infinitesimal advantage for gameday during the week. It is completely an assumption on your point that Tomlin intends to "fool" anyone. Anytime anyone points out the series of assumptions, twists of logic, and lack of actual data that your own conclusions rest on - you disappear from one thread and reappear on another making another version of the same argument.

Even if your argument/premise is true (something I dispute, but let us assume it is valid for the sake of argument) your conclusions are off base. If we can assume that most of Tomlin's public statements about game planning and player availability is intentional obfuscation and subterfuge then the ONLY logical conclusion is that the head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers is engaging in the same piddly nonsense that ALL other NFL head coaches are. Weird. It is almost like this gamesmanship and other nonsense comes with the job. It is the same in any other NFL city. Since you were not aware that Eddie Lacy was fat, out of shape, and out of job - I can only assume that you do not pay a ton of attention to other franchises - at least not at the level of press conferences/media statements. That is fine. That isn't a criticism at all. But you need to get some perspective on Tomlin's actions and statements. They are totally in line with ALL OTHER NFL TEAMS.

For reasons that you have failed repeatedly to articulate clearly, this reality somehow personally offends you. I suspect it is because you simply don't think Mike Tomlin is the best choice to be the head coach of the franchise. That is fine. You are allowed to have your opinion. You are allowed to express it - however and wherever you want. But you can't repeatedly cloak your opinion in dressed up language and false equivalencies just so you can call it "fact" and not expected to get called to task for it.

How do you not get tired of it? The rest of us certainly are.

st33lersguy
11-16-2015, 01:22 PM
Well TeeTee, if your objective was to start a thread that got a lot of replies, congratulations, you accomplished your objective. If your objective was to convince people to agree with your nonsensical argument, then sorry you failed

Rotorhead
11-16-2015, 01:25 PM

Umm, do you not recall telling me Ben was far too injured to play, even after reports came out he had limited practices? That Tomlin was in fact fooling nobody by saying Ben could play, as he was obviously far more injured than what Tomlin said and he only stood around practice throwing. This is when I forgot you were on the staff and the team doctor after which you insulted my intelligence by making claims of sorcery and whatnot. Turns out he had you, mr all knowing, fooled completely!

LLT
11-16-2015, 01:26 PM
No response...Oh good Lord ...that means he is going to start ANOTHER silly thread!!!

fansince'76
11-16-2015, 01:27 PM
45 would have been a bust. 21 is a WINNER. You don't know anything about cards do you? It's probably why you don't have Cools Shades...

http://images1.opticsplanet.com/640-640/opplanet-bolle-damaged-sunglasses-1.jpg

zulater
11-16-2015, 02:06 PM
Umm, do you not recall telling me Ben was far too injured to play, even after reports came out he had limited practices? That Tomlin was in fact fooling nobody by saying Ben could play, as he was obviously far more injured than what Tomlin said and he only stood around practice throwing. This is when I forgot you were on the staff and the team doctor after which you insulted my intelligence by making claims of sorcery and whatnot. Turns out he had you, mr all knowing, fooled completely!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbMKjLe-RFA

Here Tee, maybe this will help. :lol:

Rotorhead
11-16-2015, 02:28 PM
That was great Zu, I forgot all about The Fonze and not being able to say he was wrong!

j-d-s
11-16-2015, 02:48 PM
The Browns had a banged up secondary and Ben would've taken them apart either way.

86WARD
11-16-2015, 05:31 PM
After all this mess, I still don't understand what the OP was going for...all I got out of this thread is that Tomlin may or may not have busted a 45 at the black jack table and broke his cool shades.

fansince'76
11-16-2015, 05:36 PM
After all this mess, I still don't understand what the OP was going for...all I got out of this thread is that Tomlin may or may not have busted a 45 at the black jack table and broke his cool shades.

That's because they were cheap...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97bMX7KV8d4

:chuckle:

teegre
11-16-2015, 06:23 PM

No... I'm fairly certain that you think that all of us are simply too stupid to understand the things that you deem readily apparent.

steelreserve
11-16-2015, 06:53 PM
No... I'm fairly certain that you think that all of us are simply too stupid to understand the things that you deem readily apparent.

No, dumbass. Tomlin did exactly what he was told. Don't you know the injury report and the entire NFL is a big conspiracy by the Rothschilds and the military-industrial complex. boogada boogada boogada 9/11.

Mojouw
11-16-2015, 09:13 PM
Nah. Everyone knows it's the Bilderbergs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dissolv
11-16-2015, 09:22 PM
Just wow. He's injured so is declared to be the backup. Landry actually starts. Ben winds up having to play, despite probably needing another week of rest. We do well.

TeeTee spends the rest of the week trying to figure out what Tomlin did wrong so that he can keep bitching about him, despite the Steelers nailing down a much needed win, and moving to the 5th seed position. Awesome way to be a fan.
Here's a tip -- when everyone you meet is an asshole -- you're the asshole (Rylan Givens quote)

Dissolv

teegre
11-16-2015, 09:38 PM
No, dumbass. Tomlin did exactly what he was told. Don't you know the injury report and the entire NFL is a big conspiracy by the Rothschilds and the military-industrial complex. boogada boogada boogada 9/11.

Close.

Once per fortnight, thirty-one** members of the Illuminati hold a secret card game, wherein each member represents a different team. Sasquatch had a middle straight (6 - 10), but Nessy had an ace-high flush. Hence, Nessy got to choose one quarterback to injure; she chose Landry Jones.

**The Taperiots do not need a representative, because Belichick is the eye of the pyramid. Plus, no one wants to play with him, due to the fact that he always gets five aces.

hawaiiansteeler
11-16-2015, 11:02 PM
Close.

Once per fortnight, thirty-one** members of the Illuminati hold a secret card game, wherein each member represents a different team. Sasquatch had a middle straight (6 - 10), but Nessy had an ace-high flush. Hence, Nessy got to choose one quarterback to injure; she chose Landry Jones.

**The Taperiots do not need a representative, because Belichick is the eye of the pyramid. Plus, no one wants to play with him, due to the fact that he always gets five aces.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/attachments/sports-forum/492401d1421764315-patriots-suspected-cheating-again-10885120_859437047433937_3492201648872648946_n.jpg

Count Steeler
11-17-2015, 05:15 AM
Seriously now, it was the Browns. It's not like Tomlin was pandering before the Super Bowl. It was the Browns.

What is the Steelers record against the Browns? Especially at Heinz Field? Even Vick could have beat them. Heck, even Heath would have been able to get the W. It was the Browns.

They scored 9 points and their QB threw for 372 yards. It was the Browns. They don't know how to win, they find ways to lose. It was the Browns.

86WARD
11-17-2015, 05:29 AM
12-0 in their last 12 and Tomlin has never lost at home versus Cleveland. I think the Steelers have won something like the last 16 out of 17 going back to 2000?

hawaiiansteeler
11-19-2015, 11:13 PM
Close.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/3b/45/26/3b4526f647b03444e90b6c51271c9294.jpg

st33lersguy
11-19-2015, 11:18 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/3b/45/26/3b4526f647b03444e90b6c51271c9294.jpg

we also hate them because their fans are whiny bandwagon morons whose only ability involves crying every time someone points out that they are cheaters

stillers4me
11-20-2015, 05:45 AM
Just wow. He's injured so is declared to be the backup. Landry actually starts. Ben winds up having to play, despite probably needing another week of rest. We do well.

TeeTee spends the rest of the week trying to figure out what Tomlin did wrong so that he can keep bitching about him, despite the Steelers nailing down a much needed win, and moving to the 5th seed position. Awesome way to be a fan.
Here's a tip -- when everyone you meet is an asshole -- you're the asshole (Rylan Givens quote)

Dissolv

http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/af843f3a-faee-4be6-8e2a-8cb27c2a07ad/16e8c22f-641c-4324-b962-b6db22bba1bf.png