PDA

View Full Version : Why don't the Steelers just release Michael Vick?

Kgor93
11-15-2015, 04:37 PM
Tomlin and his staff clearly have 0 confidence in Vick, so why is he even on the roster? It would make sense to release him and sign someone who can actually help the team.

TeeTee
11-15-2015, 04:43 PM
Because Cool Shades loves him, period, end of story.

katmandu
11-15-2015, 05:16 PM
Tomlin and his staff clearly have 0 confidence in Vick,Says who ? Did you talk to each of them personally ?

Laundry Jones has clearly improved his play dramatically and has a bright future with this team.

Vick aged body has slowed down big time and he's lack of reading defenses has been exposed. However, he does have what ... 12, 13 years EXPERIENCE ? That alone will keep him on the roster as an insurance policy.

Do you really want Heath or Tyler as a 3rd string QB ? Look at how close in could have been today for that to actually happen! Ben was NOT 100% and Laundry was clearly done for the day.

Steelman
11-15-2015, 05:49 PM
Haven't you heard? Vick is Tomlin's new spokesperson. Please forward all inquiries and questions to Mr. Vick.

steelreserve
11-15-2015, 06:21 PM
At the rate our QBs are getting hurt, is that really a serious question? The two guys in front of Vick are both varying degrees of injured already. Who knows whether Jones is even capable of playing for the next couple games. That would make Vick the backup by default.

Look, I don't want to see Vick under center any more than the next guy, but obviously we need three QBs for the time being because of the injury situation, and this point in the season is not the time to go looking for new ones off the garbage heap. Find someone else after the end of the season, but for now the guys on the roster are what we've got.

Mojouw
11-15-2015, 06:26 PM
Vick is still on the team because this is the list of the alternatives:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2015/quarterback/

YIKES!

steelreserve
11-15-2015, 06:29 PM

YIKES!

There are three or four guys on that list who might be capable of average play for a game or two. But now is not the time to have a guy come in off the street and try to learn the playbook on the fly. You'd pretty much be limited to Tecmo Bowl, MAYBE Tecmo Super Bowl.

Then again, that's about the extent of Vick's knowledge too, so ...

Mojouw
11-15-2015, 06:54 PM
There are three or four guys on that list who might be capable of average play for a game or two. But now is not the time to have a guy come in off the street and try to learn the playbook on the fly. You'd pretty much be limited to Tecmo Bowl, MAYBE Tecmo Super Bowl.

Then again, that's about the extent of Vick's knowledge too, so ...

That's about the size of it. I guess the Steelers rolled the dice that Vick still had enough life left in his legs to do something when he forget which Tecmo Bowl play was called.

They were wrong. I guess they could've given Christian Ponder a call?

86WARD
11-15-2015, 07:02 PM
He's on the team...just in case...God forbid...

Steelermania
11-15-2015, 08:38 PM

YIKES!

Egad!! That's a terrible group.

Hawkman
11-15-2015, 08:47 PM
Get the hell over it!! Half of this board wanted to get rid of jones...Vick was the best of the worst. I did not love the call when Grad went down....but I got it, and we were really close to having a wr qbing today.

86WARD
11-15-2015, 08:53 PM
Get the hell over it!! Half of this board wanted to get rid of jones...Vick was the best of the worst. I did not love the call when Grad went down....but I got it, and we were really close to having a wr qbing today.

Not a WR...a TE...

Hawkman
11-15-2015, 09:09 PM
Not a WR...a TE...

MY bad!!:lol:

dduc996
11-16-2015, 07:10 PM
TEBOW !!!!
TEBOW !!!!
TEBOW !!!!

Godfather
11-16-2015, 08:08 PM
The Steelers should get rid of Ookie. The horrible luck with injuries is a direct result of bad karma. Get rid of Ookie and the bad karma is gone.

Plus Tebow already knows the Steelers playbook better than Dogkiller.

SteelMayhem72
11-16-2015, 10:38 PM
Because Cool Shades loves him, period, end of story.
Yep...everyone should already know this

TeeTee
11-17-2015, 04:50 PM
Not an option as things sit now, just pray Ben stays in one piece.