PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger practicing, hopes to play

TD's & Beer
11-12-2015, 02:19 PM
Ben Roethlisberger practicing, hopes to play

Don't count out Ben Roethlisberger for the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.

When asked if he'll be on the field on Sunday against the Browns, Roethlisberger responded, "I hope so."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000578401/article/big-ben-practicing-hopes-to-play-on-sunday

--------------------

Go getum Ben!

Count Steeler
11-12-2015, 02:35 PM
We now know the name of the Energizer Bunny, Ben.

fansince'76
11-12-2015, 02:43 PM
http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/13231553/6/stock-illustration-13231553-card-shark-playing-poker.jpg

:chuckle:

hawaiiansteeler
11-12-2015, 02:48 PM
Ben Roethlisberger practicing, hopes to play

Don't count out Ben Roethlisberger for the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.

When asked if he'll be on the field on Sunday against the Browns, Roethlisberger responded, "I hope so."

Tomlin put Ben up to saying that, he's just playing poker games with the Brownies just like they are with us regarding McCown and Manziel...

TeeTee
11-12-2015, 03:42 PM
Let us not forget that Tomlin tried to imply that Bell was going to play in the playoff game vs. the Ravens. Meanwhile, Bell was still not even 100% by July, 7 months later.

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Tomlin-Updates-LeVeon-Bells-Status-34237594

Tomlin said he had just seen Bell before his press conference and that the situation will be taken day-by-day.
"He was down there on a stationary bike training like he was preparing for the Tour de France, but that's Le'Veon," Tomlin said.

Yea that injury was "day-by-day" and I'm Tinker Bell.

86WARD
11-12-2015, 03:43 PM
Drama queen...

TD's & Beer
11-12-2015, 03:45 PM
Smoke and mirrored shades?

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120901080104/camphalfbloodroleplay/images/2/24/Festival-nice-smoke-sunglasses-weed-Favim.com-299942_large.jpg

Rotorhead
11-12-2015, 04:00 PM
Well he was practicing in a limited fashion today according to reports, so maybe he will be able to play.

TeeTee
11-12-2015, 04:25 PM
Well he was practicing in a limited fashion today according to reports, so maybe he will be able to play.

Let me explain what they mean "practicing on a limited basis" means. It means he stands there, not moving one step, and throws to a single receiver....while not moving his feet at all.

I am pretty sure that level of health ain't gonna cut it in a game.

TeeTee
11-12-2015, 04:34 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/12/report-roethlisberger-out-of-boot-still-unlikely-to-play/

And now a report keeping it real.

Oh those goofy poker players!

http://img06.deviantart.net/501b/i/2014/178/0/f/cartoon_dogs_playing_poker_by_bendoodlin-d7o8quw.jpg

ALLD
11-12-2015, 04:38 PM
Tomlin would Boykin him just to get him juiced for the Seahawks.

TD's & Beer
11-12-2015, 08:48 PM
Go Antonio!

I needs me 20 pts, bruthur

Yes, I am currently #1 in my Fantasy Football league, and I appreciate all the support

smokin3000gt
11-12-2015, 09:24 PM
This is cool shades trickery 101.

Rotorhead
11-13-2015, 09:26 AM
Let me explain what they mean "practicing on a limited basis" means. It means he stands there, not moving one step, and throws to a single receiver....while not moving his feet at all.

I am pretty sure that level of health ain't gonna cut it in a game.

I forgot, you are on the Steelers staff, and you also attended the practice . . . you are probably the team doctor also. One thing we know you are not . . . Tomlin.

86WARD
11-13-2015, 09:34 AM
I forgot, you are on the Steelers staff, and you also attended the practice . . . you are probably the team doctor also. One thing we know you are not . . . Tomlin.

lol. I needed that clarification!!

Steelman
11-13-2015, 09:53 AM

How crazy would that be, though? If Tomlin were lurking on our board. :heh:

86WARD
11-13-2015, 11:53 AM
He is...I know it...

hawaiiansteeler
11-13-2015, 01:13 PM
Drama queen...

he really is...

Ben Roethlisberger will practice today after feeling that his foot was "broke in half" during last Sunday's game.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/story/1610804-q-a-ben-roethlisberger

TeeTee
11-13-2015, 01:47 PM

Guess what? You don't need to be on the staff or team doctor to discover the truth. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence can discover what is true. The last time they told us "Ben was practicing on a limited basis" had video of him "practicing" and it consisted of him simply throwing to one receiver, no lineman, no defense, no anything, and he was doing so without even dropping back or moving. He stood stationary. Considering that he JUST removed his walking boot, he isn't going to go from just removing the boot to being mobile enough to play. Now, this might seem like warlock, sourcery insight to figure out, but it is actually pretty obvious.

Rotorhead
11-13-2015, 02:12 PM
Yes TeeTee, and Tomlin wears cool shades, never tells the truth, we should trade Ben for Brady and if we were the Pats you would be happy . . .

teegre
11-13-2015, 02:29 PM

Outstanding.

The he only question that I have: is he also a male model??? :rofl:

TeeTee
11-13-2015, 04:07 PM
Yes TeeTee, and Tomlin wears cool shades, never tells the truth, we should trade Ben for Brady and if we were the Pats you would be happy . . .

"Those who deal in strawman arguments are intellectually inferior."

hawaiiansteeler
11-13-2015, 04:10 PM
Michael Vick hints towards Ben Roethlisberger not playing Sunday

Bryan DeArdo

On Friday, Michael Vick may have hinted towards what Ben Roethlisberger's status for Sunday's game against the Browns.

Following Friday's practice, Vick discussed how Ben Ben looked during the last practice of the week while discussing if he thinks Roethlisberger will play on Sunday, one week after suffering a mid-foot sprain against the Raiders.

“He looked like himself (but) still kind of limping around a little bit," Vick said. "I don’t know where he’s at in terms of what he’s going to do, but I think as of right now he’s probably going to play it safe.”

Roethlisberger's status for Sunday has been the talk of the Steel City throughout the week. On Tuesday, Mike Tomlin said that the door was "slightly ajar" for Big Ben's chances of facing the Browns on Sunday. But after reports surfaced that Roethlisberger was progressing ahead of schedule, the question remains whether or not it will be Ben Ben or Landry Jones getting the nod this Sunday at Heinz Field.

But based on what Vick said following Friday's practice, it appears very likely that Jones will be making his second career start this Sunday for a Pittsburgh team that needs a win to keep pace in the AFC playoff race.

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Michael-Vick-hints-towards-Ben-Roethlisberger-not-playing-Sunday-41039190

TeeTee
11-13-2015, 04:22 PM
Michael Vick hints towards Ben Roethlisberger not playing Sunday

Bryan DeArdo

On Friday, Michael Vick may have hinted towards what Ben Roethlisberger's status for Sunday's game against the Browns.

Following Friday's practice, Vick discussed how Ben Ben looked during the last practice of the week while discussing if he thinks Roethlisberger will play on Sunday, one week after suffering a mid-foot sprain against the Raiders.

“He looked like himself (but) still kind of limping around a little bit," Vick said. "I don’t know where he’s at in terms of what he’s going to do, but I think as of right now he’s probably going to play it safe.”

Roethlisberger's status for Sunday has been the talk of the Steel City throughout the week. On Tuesday, Mike Tomlin said that the door was "slightly ajar" for Big Ben's chances of facing the Browns on Sunday. But after reports surfaced that Roethlisberger was progressing ahead of schedule, the question remains whether or not it will be Ben Ben or Landry Jones getting the nod this Sunday at Heinz Field.

But based on what Vick said following Friday's practice, it appears very likely that Jones will be making his second career start this Sunday for a Pittsburgh team that needs a win to keep pace in the AFC playoff race.

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Michael-Vick-hints-towards-Ben-Roethlisberger-not-playing-Sunday-41039190

But, but...they implied Ben might play, which caused Mike Pettine to work overtime in preparing in case Ben might play. (Oh, no he didn't. No one is dumb enough to fall for Cool Shades cool poker moves.)

Rotorhead
11-15-2015, 12:48 PM
But, but...they implied Ben might play, which caused Mike Pettine to work overtime in preparing in case Ben might play. (Oh, no he didn't. No one is dumb enough to fall for Cool Shades cool poker moves.)

Hhmm, how smart do we look now Mr team doctor.

Dissolv
11-15-2015, 02:52 PM
You mean forum members are not as smart as they think they are, nor as well informed as the actual team members and coaches??? I thought that you can just declare "cool shades sucks" with firm authority and it makes it come true??

Dissolv

fansince'76
11-15-2015, 03:11 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Stfu_6cd80d_617570.jpg

ALLD
11-15-2015, 03:15 PM
It's obvious that the coaches need to assist Ben with whatever he needs rather than trying to work him like a puppet. Let BB call most of the plays too.

- - - Updated - - -

Keenan Lweis CB for Skins out with injury.

JKLTO
11-15-2015, 03:24 PM
Considering that he JUST removed his walking boot, he isn't going to go from just removing the boot to being mobile enough to play.

LOL! As always, great foresight! And this is exactly why you aren't an employee of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

86WARD
11-15-2015, 03:30 PM
he was a faker!

vindrow
11-15-2015, 03:48 PM
Ben, he is such a drama queen.

st33lersguy
11-15-2015, 03:57 PM
Ben coming in as a back-up felt weird. Of course it did not feel weird with Ben having the game he had

st33lersguy
11-15-2015, 04:11 PM
Would Ben actually be the 3rd string QB since he was backing up the back-up QB? (lolol)

stillers4me
11-15-2015, 04:17 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/15/6f023a54702af158e9e52e012d2848cf.jpg

steelreserve
11-15-2015, 04:37 PM
Would Ben actually be the 3rd string QB since he was backing up the back-up QB? (lolol)

More like 5th string if you're doing it that way. He was backing up Jones, who was the backup for Vick, who was the backup for Gradkowski, who was the original backup for Ben.

Count Steeler
11-15-2015, 04:38 PM
Guess what? You don't need to be on the staff or team doctor to discover the truth. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence can discover what is true. The last time they told us "Ben was practicing on a limited basis" had video of him "practicing" and it consisted of him simply throwing to one receiver, no lineman, no defense, no anything, and he was doing so without even dropping back or moving. He stood stationary. Considering that he JUST removed his walking boot, he isn't going to go from just removing the boot to being mobile enough to play. Now, this might seem like warlock, sourcery insight to figure out, but it is actually pretty obvious.

Uh, yeah.

Craic
11-15-2015, 04:49 PM

Well, as it turns out, it was a pretty stupid move if they didn't prepare for it. Anything else you want to add?

Count Steeler
11-15-2015, 04:50 PM
Check his other thread on how this was supposed to backfire.

- - - Updated - - -

Check his other thread on how this was supposed to backfire.i

Rotorhead
11-15-2015, 05:05 PM

I guess my sorcery is better than yours, or my modicum of intelligence or my reading skills . . .

st33lersguy
11-15-2015, 05:11 PM
More like 5th string if you're doing it that way. He was backing up Jones, who was the backup for Vick, who was the backup for Gradkowski, who was the original backup for Ben.

Greatest 5th string QB in NFL history (lolol)

86WARD
11-15-2015, 06:45 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/15/6f023a54702af158e9e52e012d2848cf.jpg

LMAO.