PDA

View Full Version : What might Ben be thinking?

StillCurtains
11-10-2015, 05:48 PM
I'm positive that all of us have our concerns for Ben. What could have been terrible news for him, the Steelers and us as fans turned out to be rather positive for once after his injury.

He now says he feels fine, and not to count him out this week. Watching the footage of him being carted off, he wasn't whincing at all in pain.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ben is on the field Sunday. I guess alot would depend on if he can participate in practice, and how well he feels if he does practice afterwards. Ben may feel that it's not enough for him to be out, with also knowing we desperately need a win, mainly against the AFC to keep their postseason hopes alive.

With taking all that into account, he may also be looking at the fact of having the bye week in his back pocket after the game to heal up. I know for a fact that this game will not be easy without him, and I think he knows this as well.

Landry has made some plays for us in spot duty, but I'm not very positive to feel that he can pull this out. The Kansas City game comes to mind when it comes to this. I know Landry will be in the comforts of home when it comes to this, but what can't be ignored is that Cleveland is the same team that was beaten by Denver by a mere 3 points.

They also went on the road and beat Baltimore in a close game, with the fact that Flacco is a much better QB than what we will have available if Ben doesn't play. Either way, it won't be an easy decision. This may be a tough game if Ben does play, so I'm sure it will be way more difficult if he doesn't.

What do you guys think?

Shoes
11-10-2015, 05:58 PM
I don't think Ben will play. That will give him two weeks of rest which he needs. Jones will be fine if the offense helps him out.

TeeTee
11-10-2015, 06:01 PM
Few things.

1.) He could be just be following the Steelers poker play book: Lie to confuse opponent on who to prepare against. (Not that it ever works, but they still bother to do it.)

2.) This the Browns' Super Bowl. It will be rocky.

3.) Browns have the weakest skilled positions in the entire NFL; we got to win this one.

Rotorhead
11-10-2015, 08:22 PM
No mention of "Cool Shades" . . .

lipps83
11-10-2015, 08:25 PM
I think Ben sits this one out. I think his knee is still bothering him some as well.

StillCurtains
11-10-2015, 08:32 PM
Good points guys, I'm just glad that we can even speak of an option of Ben sitting for a game or not at this point.

SteelMayhem72
11-10-2015, 09:07 PM
I dont like the idea of him saying hes fine and dont count him out...like he was faking it and toying with us

Edman
11-10-2015, 09:44 PM
Landry has made some plays for us in spot duty, but I'm not very positive to feel that he can pull this out. The Kansas City game comes to mind when it comes to this.

Landry will be fine, if Haley doesn't play "hide the quarterback" like he did in Kansas City. Don't forget, the Steelers went over an entire quarter and a half without throwing a single pass.

Will Landry have his struggles? Yes. But if they treat him like Michael Vick again, the Steelers are going down big Sunday.

I know Landry will be in the comforts of home when it comes to this, but what can't be ignored is that Cleveland is the same team that was beaten by Denver by a mere 3 points.

It can't be ignored that this Steelers team has had absolutely horrible luck this season and lost winnable games, let alone Cleveland.

86WARD
11-11-2015, 05:44 AM
I dont like the idea of him saying hes fine and dont count him out...like he was faking it and toying with us

See...I kinda like that...