PDA

View Full Version : Brown's Week

Rotorhead
11-09-2015, 03:34 PM
Well, I suppose it is time to start talking about Clowns week . . .

My initial thoughts are:

We should win this game, despite all our injuries. The Browns are just not that good (like usual). Last year they had a good def, but that seems to have gone away this season also. It may be closer than it should be, but we are home, Landry is getting more playing time and therefore comfort so we should be ok.

They did have a long week to prep for us, does anyone know who the QB will be? How does Manziel handle pressure?

We just have to not beat ourselves, no easy TO's, solid def effort and our stars have to make the catches they can. Our OL needs to give Landry some time. DW will be a key to this game, get him running and the play action should help out Landry.

86WARD
11-09-2015, 05:47 PM
Should win...but we've seen this story play out many a time...

TeeTee
11-09-2015, 06:42 PM
Well, I suppose it is time to start talking about Clowns week . . .

My initial thoughts are:

We should win this game, despite all our injuries. The Browns are just not that good (like usual). Last year they had a good def, but that seems to have gone away this season also. It may be closer than it should be, but we are home, Landry is getting more playing time and therefore comfort so we should be ok.

They did have a long week to prep for us, does anyone know who the QB will be? How does Manziel handle pressure?

We just have to not beat ourselves, no easy TO's, solid def effort and our stars have to make the catches they can. Our OL needs to give Landry some time. DW will be a key to this game, get him running and the play action should help out Landry.

Manziel has a good spin move that served him well in college. I saw him use it with some success vs. Cinci, but I have heard pro teams know how to defend against it; when pressure gets to him he just spins away to outside of where pressure is coming. He will make some plays and hit a few throws downfield, but they typically don't have enough firepower to consistently move the ball and score. Their WR cupboard is practically bare. They must have the least talented WR unit in the NFL. Their run D is terrible, but they will sell out to stop ours and it will look better than it has. I hope our staff knows better than just to try to rush it down their throats, as that plan won't work. Give Jones some non-obvious downs to throw instead of ending up in 3rd and long. That will be key.

86WARD
11-09-2015, 07:25 PM
This reeks of a Dwayne Bowe "breakout" game...lol.

ALLD
11-09-2015, 07:32 PM
Somebody should take Mazeil out for drinks and strippers on Saturday night.

Shoes
11-09-2015, 07:42 PM
I think the defense will step it up this week and I do feel pretty good about this game. Tomlin and Haley need to get Todman in the mix, Williams will be worn out or injured if he continues at his present rate.

hawaiiansteeler
11-09-2015, 08:31 PM
Somebody should take Mazeil out for drinks and strippers on Saturday night.

http://sportsmasher.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/IMG_7472.png

SteelMayhem72
11-09-2015, 09:20 PM
Obvious trap game...anybody that says they feel good about this game is doing the above picture

Shoes
11-09-2015, 09:36 PM
Obvious trap game...anybody that says they feel good about this game is doing the above picture

I feel very good about it! I don't think the Steelers are taking any team lightly this season. I think the Defense will really step it up this week and if the offense helps jones out he'll get a win. What the coaches do is another issue.

SteelerFanInStl
11-09-2015, 10:40 PM
They'd better figure out how to cover a TE or Barnidge will tear us up. He's a good player.

fansince'76
11-09-2015, 10:42 PM
They'd better figure out how to cover a TE or Barnidge will tear us up. He's a good player.

Who's gonna throw to him? Johnny Rehab?

teegre
11-09-2015, 10:45 PM

True. Here are two predicted stat-lines:

Barnidge: 12 receptions, 127 yards, 3 TDs
Manziel: 150 yards, 3 TDs, 3 INTs, 2 fumbles lost
Every other receiver: 4 receptions, 23 yards

Steelman
11-09-2015, 11:50 PM

This. He fits all of the major categories necessary to be ignored by our defense and post big numbers.

I'm hoping the defense will take Oakland's letdown personally and come back with a vengeance against the Brownies. The good news is Johnny is usually good for a couple turnovers. I could see Shazier have a 2nd SF-like game this week. Maybe he just plays better against scrambling QB's.

Also I think the Browns rank last or nearly last in run defense? That bodes well for Williams who is running extremely well right now. Maybe a dose of DWill and Landry force-feeding the ball to AB will be enough to win.

86WARD
11-10-2015, 04:55 AM
The Browns will most likely focus on stopping Williams and leave it up to Jones to beat them...which he should be able to do with the weapons he has at his disposal...

teegre
11-10-2015, 06:56 AM
The Browns will most likely focus on stopping Williams and leave it up to Jones to beat them...which he should be able to do with the weapons he has at his disposal...

Indeed. Thus... play-action passes.

SteelerFanInStl
11-10-2015, 07:36 AM
Who's gonna throw to him? Johnny Rehab?
Even Johnny can connect with a wide open target.

Rotorhead
11-10-2015, 10:04 AM
I am thinking they will sell out against the run, which will make Landry look like the next Montana this game. Williams will not get to 100yds, but we will still win.

teegre
11-10-2015, 10:28 AM
I am thinking they will sell out against the run, which will make Landry look like the next Montana this game. Williams will not get to 100yds, but we will still win.

Exactly.

I foresee see a Steelers playcall sheet like this:

1st: run for 6 yards
2nd: run for 4 yards
1st: run for 2 yards
2nd: play-action pass for 13 yards
1st: run for 1 yard
2nd: play-action pass for 37 yards
1st: run for no gain
2nd: play-action pass for a TD
(repeat)

BigNastyDefense
11-10-2015, 11:49 AM
Living in Cleveland, I've watched a lot of the Browns this season (I don't know why, it's barely football).

If Manziel starts, we've got this. He doesn't scare me at all. You defend him by rushing your ends/linebackers straight up field. You don't try to sack him. He won't step up, he can't see over the offensive line. All of his big plays have come on rolling out of the pocket. Keep him in the pocket and he won't hurt you at all.

McCown is hurt. He may still start. He scares me more than Manziel does because he can actually read a defense and has the mental part of the game down (unlike Manziel). I don't know how his injury will effect him, but he hasn't really played horribly this year. He's closer to what he was that one good season with the Bears than what he was last year with that shipwreck that was the Buccaneers. I don't understand why Browns fans want Manziel to start over him so badly.

The offensive game plan should be run heavy. The Browns are the worst run defense in the league, and the defense is beat up too. Let D-Will impose his will on them, then let Landry Jones work the play-action (I don't expect Ben to be active). It's looking more and more like Haden won't play due to a concussion so that likely means Gilbert is going to play a lot. The defense is just going to be ripe for the picking.

Can we lose this game? We've seen the Steelers lay duds against teams they should have dominated before. Any given Sunday as they say. But I'm expecting the Steelers to win this game by a pretty wide margin.

tube517
11-10-2015, 11:50 AM
DeAngelo will be sitting out of practice Wed due to "Foot swelling"

fansince'76
11-10-2015, 12:01 PM
Even Johnny can connect with a wide open target.

Not if he's "impaired," if you know what I mean. As ALLD suggested, just take him out to a "gentleman's club" the night before the game and get him drunk. :lol:

teegre
11-10-2015, 02:01 PM
Not if he's "impaired," if you know what I mean. As ALLD suggested, just take him out to a "gentleman's club" the night before the game and get him drunk. :lol:

Paging Dr. Reed... paging Dr. Jeff Reed...

tube517
11-10-2015, 04:22 PM
Paging Dr. Reed... paging Dr. Jeff Reed...

I dunno if Johnny Walmart will fight towel dispensers. He's too small.

hawaiiansteeler
11-10-2015, 07:27 PM
Johnny Eightball is going to be sitting on the bench watching Josh McCown play...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Br86lXrIMAA6U3t.jpg

teegre
11-10-2015, 09:47 PM
I dunno if Johnny Walmart will fight towel dispensers. He's too small.

Jeff Reed thrashes the paper towel dispensers, while Johnny rips up the toilet paper rolls.

BigBen2004
11-11-2015, 03:55 AM
Well, here we go. Winnable game, Jones is starting it, and we'll be heavily favored. Haven't we seen this exact scenario before?
The way I see it, if we lose this game, kiss the playoffs goodbye. We can only afford to lose two more games (realistically). Cleveland can NOT be one of them. Not when we have Seattle, Cincy, Denver, and Indy left. Indy may not be too great, but they're still going to give one hell of a fight.

This game is a must have. 6-4 heading into the bye week puts us in a very good position.

Please, PLEASE, Cool Shades, have the team prepared to defend every blade of grass... ;)

86WARD
11-11-2015, 05:48 AM
Well, here we go. Winnable game, Jones is starting it, and we'll be heavily favored. Haven't we seen this exact scenario before?
The way I see it, if we lose this game, kiss the playoffs goodbye. We can only afford to lose two more games (realistically). Cleveland can NOT be one of them. Not when we have Seattle, Cincy, Denver, and Indy left. Indy may not be too great, but they're still going to give one hell of a fight.

This game is a must have. 6-4 heading into the bye week puts us in a very good position.

Please, PLEASE, Cool Shades, have the team prepared to defend every blade of grass... ;)

Steelers aren't heavily favored.

Line: Pittsburgh (-4.5)

Moneyline: Cleveland (+191) Pittsburgh (-219)

Over/Under: 41

Trend to Know: The total has gone OVER in 7 of Cleveland’s last 9 games

hawaiiansteeler
11-13-2015, 11:10 AM
The Browns still believe in their rivalry with Steelers

by HAYDEN GROVE

The Browns have beaten the Steelers just six times since 1999 and haven't won in Pittsburgh since 2003, but the boys in Berea seem to believe that their battle with the black and gold is still considered a rivalry.

BEREA— The Browns-Steelers rivalry means many different things to many different people in both Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

For those in Southwest Pennsylvania, a battle with the Browns often means a smile-filled Sunday, as the black and gold have come away victorious in 27 of their 33 meetings with Cleveland since 1999.

Those in Northeast Ohio, on the other hand, look at the game as one of desperation— one that they must win to make their season somewhat worthwhile.

With feelings such as the aforementioned becoming rather routine, the question has been asked whether a rivalry still remains.

“I think so, maybe I’m just biased because I play in Cleveland and I live in Cleveland,” Browns left tackle Joe Thomas said, when asked if the Browns and Steelers could still be considered rivals. “I do think it’s a blue-collar rivalry that will always be good, even though it’s been lopsided in recent years.”

Thomas has been a part of the Browns-Steelers bi-annual battles since he arrived in the league in 2007 and believes that while things have changed, the heart of the hatred has remained.

“It always feels a little different ever year because of the changes that go on,” Thomas said. “But in the end, it’s still one of the best rivalries in football, it’s still got that good old feel to it.”

to read rest of article:

http://www.scout.com/nfl/browns/story/1610961-browns-still-believe-in-rivalry-with-steelers

86WARD
11-13-2015, 11:55 AM
What is Berea?

tube517
11-13-2015, 12:03 PM
Jeff Reed thrashes the paper towel dispensers, while Johnny rips up the toilet paper rolls, with Matt Spaeth as the lookout!

Fixed :lol:

SteelMember
11-13-2015, 12:42 PM
What is Berea?

Dia-berea?

"What color's horse shit... Brown, Brown, Brown!" :cheer2:

:chuckle:

hawaiiansteeler
11-13-2015, 01:27 PM
What is Berea?

the Browns' practice facility is in Berea, which is a suburb southwest of the city of Cleveland...

http://image.cleveland.com/home/cleve-media/width620/img/datacentral/photo/16829493-mmmain.jpg

teegre
11-13-2015, 02:35 PM
What is Berea?

A: a festering wound that resurfaces just as one thinks that it is healed

86WARD
11-13-2015, 06:25 PM

MRSA.

fansince'76
11-13-2015, 06:45 PM

MRSA.

https://crazysmartcluelessdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/01-cooties.jpg

86WARD
11-13-2015, 06:56 PM
Well it is "Browns Week" so all of that is quite possible...

hawaiiansteeler
11-13-2015, 07:38 PM
Browns expected to start Johnny Manziel against Steelers

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14122058/cleveland-browns-expected-start-johnny-manziel-pittsburgh-steelers

Shoes
11-13-2015, 07:59 PM
Steelers Injury Report: Roethlisberger Ends Week As Questionable, Harrison Out

The Pittsburgh Steelers have now wrapped up their final practice of the week and their Friday injury report (https://twitter.com/BobLabriola/status/665228400567713792) shows that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (foot) is listed as questionable for Sunday’s home game against the Cleveland Browns.
Roethlisberger, who suffered a sprained left foot this past Sunday in the fourth quarter of the game against the Oakland Raiders, was limited once again on Friday. Should Roethlisberger sit out Sunday against the Browns, backup Landry Jones will make his second career start.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/11/steelers-injury-report-roethlisberger-ends-week-as-questionable-harrison-out/

Sham Thomas out again. This guy needs to buy a lunch bucket!

ALLD
11-13-2015, 08:24 PM
Landry Jarvis will not need to do much as long as the defense shows up. I think this is another night out at the movies for the Clowns and don't expect more than a couple of quarters of effort. The Steelers should go wide open and play their own game while avoid trying to keep pace with the Browns.

My super secret trick play would be a 2-yd pass to Al Villalobos at the goal line as tackle eligible.

86WARD
11-13-2015, 08:39 PM
Browns expected to start Johnny Manziel against Steelers

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14122058/cleveland-browns-expected-start-johnny-manziel-pittsburgh-steelers

Jones vs. Manziel.

Manziel "beat" Jones in a Cotton Bowl...pretty bad too...