PDA

View Full Version : The Refs

steel striker
11-08-2015, 05:04 PM
I still think the refs tried to give the game to the raiders and, maybe I saw the game through black and gold eye glasses. They never replayed the Wheat pick play or the Heath Miller hold on Williams 34 yard run? My God I could be over-reacting?

Shoes
11-08-2015, 05:06 PM
Wheaton drop a TD pass...nuff said on him.

86WARD
11-08-2015, 05:07 PM
There were a lot of dropped passes today...some of which I wouldn't necessarily count as drops but some were Gawd awful...looking at you 10...

ETL
11-08-2015, 05:09 PM
I hate when I complain about Refs but the past few games - I feel that the Steelers have had a significant amount of poor spotting of the football - usually just shy of the first down and the opponents have had much generous spotting - often giving them a first when they should be shy of it. Last week Tomlin had to call a challenge to reverse a spot.

Tomlin did better on his timeout usage. It is obvious he learned from last week and what the Colts did on Monday Night. However his stubborn ass will never admit that he did anything wrong. In this way, he is very much like a woman - never apologizes, never admits wrong doing.

fansince'76
11-08-2015, 05:12 PM
Apparently only Pats* receivers are allowed to run picks. Shit, their whole offense is predicated on it. Go figure. :coffee:

steelreserve
11-08-2015, 05:16 PM
Seemed like luck of the draw to me, the only really bad one was the roughing the passer and we got ourselves out of that.

We did more than enough to shoot ourselves in the foot today, plus the obvious bad luck with injuries - the officiating is way down on my list of things that went against us today.

I'm still having a hard time reminding myself that we actually won the game. That was exhausting even to watch.

Count Steeler
11-08-2015, 05:19 PM
Ryan Shazier sack was higher than the hit that caused the injury to Ben against St Louis.

Gonna be really pissed if Shaz is fined when Barron wasn't.

steel striker
11-08-2015, 05:21 PM
Damn I forgot to mention that BS call on Shazier and, the NFL protects every Qb not named Ben Roethlisberger i said this many times!

SteelerFanInStl
11-08-2015, 05:39 PM
Wheaton drop a TD pass...nuff said on him.

No excuse for Wheaton but he was being held on that play. The defender was pulling him back and could have been the reason that he couldn't quite get to the ball.

Steel Peon
11-08-2015, 05:51 PM
The refs continue to give us what this elephant is giving to this woman:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_d_KhITjA_gA/TUCumO2alpI/AAAAAAAAB4M/ZBm5AgPFBwE/s400/holding-the-bag.jpg

tube517
11-08-2015, 06:48 PM
Wheaton was held on that TD drop but the Ray Charles refs were worried about Cool Shades tripping his own KR today.

Devilsdancefloor
11-08-2015, 06:50 PM
the flags on dr cody where BS all centers do that

Shoes
11-08-2015, 06:55 PM
No excuse for Wheaton but he was being held on that play. The defender was pulling him back and could have been the reason that he couldn't quite get to the ball.

He was held but the ball still went through both of his hands. Very catchable.

CapLovesTroyP43
11-08-2015, 07:12 PM
I hate when I complain about Refs but the past few games - I feel that the Steelers have had a significant amount of poor spotting of the football - usually just shy of the first down and the opponents have had much generous spotting - often giving them a first when they should be shy of it. Last week Tomlin had to call a challenge to reverse a spot.

Tomlin did better on his timeout usage. It is obvious he learned from last week and what the Colts did on Monday Night. However his stubborn ass will never admit that he did anything wrong. In this way, he is very much like a woman - never apologizes, never admits wrong doing.

Welllllll that's a nice sexist comment.

JayC
11-08-2015, 07:32 PM
these refs were more awful then their usual awful selves on this day

steelreserve
11-08-2015, 07:35 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_d_KhITjA_gA/TUCumO2alpI/AAAAAAAAB4M/ZBm5AgPFBwE/s400/holding-the-bag.jpg

That's pretty tame for an elephant. When we took the kids to the circus a couple years ago, the last elephant to come out had a guy following it with a plastic garbage can, and when it finally decided to let loose, the turd was about the size of a wheeled carry-on suitcase and knocked the garbage can right out of his hands. THAT was a power dump if I've ever seen one.

hawaiiansteeler
11-08-2015, 07:39 PM
http://jeffpicard.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/seeing-eye-dogs-e1348844956510.jpg

Iron Steeler
11-08-2015, 07:48 PM
Sometime I believe goodell calls down and says "ok . Steelers lost their household name qb . Call the game in the raiders favor our market sucks right now in Cali and we could use a revived fan base . Oh don't worry Pitt will be fine there fans will me there in the mass loads for centuries to come ."

Count Steeler
11-08-2015, 09:39 PM

Now there is a job for a Brown's fan.

Steel Peon
11-09-2015, 12:52 PM
Now there is a job for a Brown's fan.

Lol, I guess they're pretty conditioned for that by now.

TeeTee
11-09-2015, 01:00 PM
Apparently only Pats* receivers are allowed to run picks. Shit, their whole offense is predicated on it. Go figure. :coffee:

THey run them more precise and disciplined than everyone else, which is no surprise. Picks are legal if you don't overdue it, kind of like holding on the OL. Clearly, grabbing someone's jersey under the armpits is holding, but it's not called. But if you grab jersey on the shoulders and whatnot, they call it. Same with pick plays. Done with in the guidelines, it's OK. But if you flat out knock someone on their wallet, it gets flagged.

fansince'76
11-09-2015, 01:03 PM
THey run them more precise and disciplined than everyone else, which is no surprise.

Much like you carrying water for them... :yawn: