PDA

View Full Version : Ben is getting an MRI on his sprained foot

hawaiiansteeler
11-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Bob Labriola ‏@BobLabriola

Tomlin said Ben is having an MRI on his sprained foot right now.

https://twitter.com/boblabriola

fansince'76
11-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Sprained foot? I'd be amazed if it's not broken.

steelreserve
11-08-2015, 04:56 PM
Sprained foot? I'd be amazed if it's not broken.

Yeah, the only question that crossed my mind when I saw it was, what was broken and how badly.

No matter what it is, he's going to have a fucked up foot for at least a month. If he plays at all this season, he probably won't be effective until about playoff time.

Worst case would be a Lisfranc injury, which probably means curtains on the season. This little excerpt has me scared that's exactly what happened:

In athletic trauma, Lisfranc injuries occur commonly in activities such as windsurfing, kitesurfing, wakeboarding, or snowboarding (where appliance bindings pass directly over the metatarsals). American football players occasionally acquire this injury, and it most often occurs when the athlete's foot is plantar flexed and another player lands on the heel. This can also be seen in pivoting athletic positions such as a baseball catcher or a ballerina spinning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisfranc_injury

Shoes
11-08-2015, 05:03 PM
Ben will be ok.

Rotorhead
11-08-2015, 05:05 PM
Well, I think a lisfranc only limits running, right? If it doesn't affect his scrambling and throwing motions he should be fine, not like he is Vick.

steelreserve
11-08-2015, 05:08 PM
Well, I think a lisfranc only limits running, right? If it doesn't affect his scrambling and throwing motions he should be fine, not like he is Vick.

I think you can't put ANY weight on it for 4-6 weeks. And if he somehow did rush back sooner, it'd be like in that 49ers game a couple years ago when he could hardly move and all his throws were ducks. Maybe we'd get him back the last couple weeks of the season, but even that would be lucky. Football players get that injury, usually it's done for the season.

86WARD
11-08-2015, 05:08 PM
I can't help but think Achilles...ugh...

steel striker
11-08-2015, 05:09 PM
Still this sucks I be shocked if he ws not out atleast a month plus he played pretty well today.

Shoes
11-08-2015, 05:13 PM
NFL network, x-rays were negative. Still needs an MRI

steelreserve
11-08-2015, 05:18 PM

That's mildly shocking. To me, that narrows it down to dislocated toe(s) or Lisfranc injury. Obviously the first one would be better, but he probably could've hobbled off the field walking on his heel if that wee the case.

vader29
11-08-2015, 05:25 PM

Merchant
11-08-2015, 05:26 PM
It works out OK with the schedule. We have the Browns next then the Bye.

ALLD
11-08-2015, 05:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og3sIojyFgs

GBMelBlount
11-08-2015, 05:44 PM
I hope they don't rush him back too early.

Every time they do it prolongs his recovery, he is more prone to injury (i.e. today), and he usually loses anyway.

SteelerFanInStl
11-08-2015, 05:45 PM
I think that a mid-foot sprain is about the best that we could have hoped for. Out a few weeks.

Shoes
11-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Rest him up. Help Jones out and we'll be fine.

plenewken
11-08-2015, 05:53 PM
I hope it's not too serious but I'm starting to wonder if Ben needs to change the way he plays or not. His numerous injuries are not just back luck. They're also the direct consequence of the way he's playing. He needs to realize that he can't take so many hits anymore and he's hurting his team more than helping it by playing the way he does. Extending the plays only make sense if he comes ok out of it. If it's to lay on the field, it's detrimental to the whole rythm of the offense and if he has to leave the game and be out for several weeks again, then it's definitely not worth taking the risks he's taking. Just my opinion.

86WARD
11-08-2015, 05:54 PM

Good news so far...

Shoes
11-08-2015, 05:55 PM
I hope it's not too serious but I'm starting to wonder if Ben needs to change the way he plays or not. His numerous injuries are not just back luck. They're also the direct consequence of the way he's playing. He needs to realize that he can't take so many hits anymore and he's hurting his team more than helping it by playing the way he does. Extending the plays only make sense if he comes ok out of it. If it's to lay on the field, it's detrimental to the whole rythm of the offense.

There is no way to prevent this kind of injury unless Ben hands the ball off on every play. And if thats the case you don't need a Ben.

TeeTee
11-08-2015, 05:59 PM
Timing is perfect. If we can man all oars, we can beat Cleveland with Jones. Then a bye, then maybe Ben is back. I'm not sure he will only be out 2 weeks, a bad sprain can be as bad as a break.

Shoes
11-08-2015, 06:01 PM
Timing is perfect. If we can man all oars, we can beat Cleveland with Jones. Then a bye, then maybe Ben is back. I'm not sure he will only be out 2 weeks, a bad sprain can be as bad as a break.

Ben has a mud pack on it as we speak, he'll be back after the bye. Jones can beat the Browns with the help of the O & D. He really looks comfortable playing now.

86WARD
11-08-2015, 06:12 PM
Ben has a mud pack on it as we speak, he'll be back after the bye. Jones can beat the Browns with the help of the O & D. He really looks comfortable playing now.

He was finding AB as well...which is a good thing...

Rotorhead
11-08-2015, 06:23 PM
At least we have the clowns then the bye, so basically 2 bye weeks

JayC
11-08-2015, 06:30 PM
we all know tomlin's steelers always suck against teams with bad records. don't overlook the browns.

steelreserve
11-08-2015, 06:46 PM
I hope it's not too serious but I'm starting to wonder if Ben needs to change the way he plays or not. His numerous injuries are not just back luck. They're also the direct consequence of the way he's playing. He needs to realize that he can't take so many hits anymore and he's hurting his team more than helping it by playing the way he does. Extending the plays only make sense if he comes ok out of it. If it's to lay on the field, it's detrimental to the whole rythm of the offense and if he has to leave the game and be out for several weeks again, then it's definitely not worth taking the risks he's taking. Just my opinion.

That's a load of BS. You can't have a player just "tone down his game." It makes them instantly ineffective, or have you not been paying attention to what happens every time they tell other QBs to become "more of a traditional pocket passer" in order to "protect their investment."

He is the player who he is, and that's the style that's made him good. Have to take the bad with the good, I'm afraid. Just be thankful he's not some clown like Kaepernick or RG3 who has no skills other than mobility.

tube517
11-08-2015, 06:53 PM

That was the only sack given up. It was just bad luck that the defender fell on his foot. Shit happens.

86WARD
11-08-2015, 07:12 PM
Wasn't bad luck...it's just football...

steelreserve
11-08-2015, 07:25 PM
Also, if it's really just a sprain and he's back in a few weeks, we dodged another MAJOR bullet. Although we can't really afford any more dicking around in a holding pattern being "happy to go .500 while he's out," because we're running out of season. We pretty much have to go 5-2 the rest of the way unless we're happy being in tiebreaker hell.

hawaiiansteeler
11-08-2015, 07:28 PM
Wasn't bad luck...it's just football...

Big men playing a violent game on blades of grass...

tube517
11-08-2015, 07:29 PM

We embrace that.... :cool:

hawaiiansteeler
11-08-2015, 07:33 PM
We embrace that.... :cool:

if you will... :cool:

86WARD
11-08-2015, 08:32 PM

Lol.

j-d-s
11-08-2015, 09:23 PM

Well I would probably consider holding Ben out of the game at Seattle as well. We will not win that game with Ben at 80% and he will probably aggravate a not fully healed injury on a hit by that still good Seahawks D.

Because the problem with sprains is: It usually is not as bad as a break because breaks usually take at least 6 weeks and when you do surgery even longer. But they can hurt much more than a break, especially on the hands or feet and there are multiple degrees of those. You can be fully healed after two weeks, but it may as well linger much longer especially if you hurry back. Didn't Ben play with a lingering high ankle sprain a couple of seasons back?

tube517
11-08-2015, 09:28 PM
if you will... :cool:

Obviously.... :cool:

Hawkman
11-08-2015, 09:28 PM
Well I would probably consider holding Ben out of the game at Seattle as well. We will not win that game with Ben at 80% and he will probably aggravate a not fully healed injury on a hit by that still good Seahawks D.

Because the problem with sprains is: It usually is not as bad as a break because breaks usually take at least 6 weeks and when you do surgery even longer. But they can hurt much more than a break, especially on the hands or feet and there are multiple degrees of those. You can be fully healed after two weeks, but it may as well linger much longer especially if you hurry back. Didn't Ben play with a lingering high ankle sprain a couple of seasons back?

I think that's when he would tape up his entire shoe and ankle.

st33lersguy
11-08-2015, 10:06 PM
the injuries are WAY out of hand at this point

fansince'76
11-08-2015, 10:08 PM

I respectfully disagree. They're not all that. There are only 7 games left and we no longer have the luxury of breaking even with .500 ball while Ben sits for a month healing up again. If he can go after the bye week, he needs to play.

TeeTee
11-08-2015, 11:13 PM
I hope its not lisfranc

hawaiiansteeler
11-08-2015, 11:23 PM
I hope its not lisfranc

it's not...

MrPgh
11-08-2015, 11:28 PM

Didn't they already do an MRI?

katmandu
11-08-2015, 11:54 PM
...... Ben needs to change the way he plays or not.

His numerous injuries are not just back (BAD) luck. They're also the direct consequence of the way he's playing. BS. Everyone knows Ben is "INJURY PRONE" and it's time to get rid of his GLASS ASS ! Where ya at VICTIM BLAMERS ??

:ROLLEYES:

MrPgh
11-08-2015, 11:55 PM
Yinzers gonna yinz....

katmandu
11-08-2015, 11:58 PM
Wasn't bad luck...it's just football...Try telling that to all the dipshits who use the "injury prone" bullshit phrase. Everytime I hear that shit it just confirms that the person never played one play of tackle football, contact basketball or hockey.

Sorry, just annoys the **** out of me.

MrPgh
11-09-2015, 12:00 AM
Try telling that to all the dipshits who use the "injury prone" bullshit phrase. Everytime I hear that shit it just confirms that the person never played one play of tackle football, contact basketball or hockey.

Sorry, just annoys the **** out of me.

Why aren't they calling for Bell to change the way he plays? He's suffered some kind of injury in each of his three years of playing.

katmandu
11-09-2015, 12:16 AM
Why aren't they calling for Bell to change the way he plays? He's suffered some kind of injury in each of his three years of playing.Bell is an injury prone wussy too. No....seriously... the ONLY player I would suggest change up his play is Kamikazi Shazier. He absolutely needs to tone down his explosive hits. He's still suffering the effects from blasting his shoulder on the hit that got him injured. That shoulder effected his play big time yesterday.

This has been an absolutely, insanely frustrating year to be a Steeler fan with all these damn injuries.

TD's & Beer
11-09-2015, 06:44 AM
I want to believe

Big Ben should only miss 1-2 weeks

Citing a team source, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Steelers only expect Ben Roethlisberger (foot) to miss "1 to 2 weeks."

Previous reports had Roethlisberger missing "at least" a few weeks. Mort's report indicates Roethlisberger should only miss Week 10 against the Browns, then sit out during Pittsburgh's Week 11 bye, and return in Week 12 against the Seahawks

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/663505670822600705

86WARD
11-09-2015, 07:06 AM
Fire the conditioning coach!!

SteelMember
11-09-2015, 09:00 AM
I respectfully disagree. They're not all that. There are only 7 games left and we no longer have the luxury of breaking even with .500 ball while Ben sits for a month healing up again. If he can go after the bye week, he needs to play.

I agree. If this time he says he can play, he'd better be in there, coach. Wildcard hopes may be all we have at this point. Let the Frankenberger play! He's been out there looking like C-3PO before and still taken care of business.

hawaiiansteeler
11-09-2015, 11:45 AM
Post Steelers-Raiders thoughts

By Dale Lolley November 8, 2015

http://www.observer-reporter.com/storyimage/OR/20151108/BLOGS08/151109496/AR/0/AR-151109496.jpg

If Ben Roethlisberger was going to get hurt again this season – and the way things are going, why wouldn’t he? – he might have picked a good time to do it.

Cleveland comes to Pittsburgh next week with its horrid run defense and then the Steelers head into their bye week. After that, it’s off to Seattle.

The Steelers need to find a way to win next week against the Browns – perhaps they’ll break out the wishbone or spread option in honor of an all-Big 12 matchup of Landry Jones vs. Johnny Manziel.

If they can do that, there’s an off chance Roethlisberger will be ready to play against the Seahawks coming out of the bye. If not, at 6-4, the Steelers would have some leeway to allow him another week to heal up, though we all now know that he is 2-6 when coming back the first game after an injury.

If he sits against Seattle, his next opportunity to play would come Dec. 8 in a night game against Indianapolis.

Besides, if you’re going to lose a game at this point, one against Seattle, an NFC team hurts the least.

@ Watching that injury, I thought for sure Roethlisberger’s season was over.

to read rest of article:

http://www.observer-reporter.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20151108/BLOGS08/151109496

TeeTee
11-09-2015, 12:33 PM
BS. Everyone knows Ben is "INJURY PRONE" and it's time to get rid of his GLASS ASS ! Where ya at VICTIM BLAMERS ??

:ROLLEYES:

Not saying he is GLASS, but he might miss more games than he plays this year. That dog won't hunt. If you think of the franchise QBs out there, how many miss games every season, vs. how many have just 1 or 2 seasons that they miss games?

Brady? Blew ACL up one year, other than that, always is there to play.

Rogers? Blew his collar bone one year, gimpy calf last year, other than that, is playing.

Marino? Miss one year with Achilles, but other than that, was always playing.

Elway? Always ready.

Bradshaw? Only hurt at end of career with the elbow.

Aikman? Never hurt.

Young? Mostly always played.

Brees? Not hurt much.

Manning? Other than his neck, when he was deep into his 30's, he's been healthy.

For whatever reason, Ben DOES get injured more than the average franchise QB. That is a fact.

Mojouw
11-09-2015, 12:49 PM
Not saying he is GLASS, but he might miss more games than he plays this year. That dog won't hunt. If you think of the franchise QBs out there, how many miss games every season, vs. how many have just 1 or 2 seasons that they miss games?

Brady? Blew ACL up one year, other than that, always is there to play.

Rogers? Blew his collar bone one year, gimpy calf last year, other than that, is playing.

Marino? Miss one year with Achilles, but other than that, was always playing.

Elway? Always ready.

Aikman? Never hurt.

Young? Mostly always played.

Brees? Not hurt much.

Manning? Other than his neck, when he was deep into his 30's, he's been healthy.

For whatever reason, Ben DOES get injured more than the average franchise QB. That is a fact.

Roethlisberger has missed 15 games over 11 seasons prior to this one. That's it. 2005 he missed 4 due to a variety of knee injuries. In 2006 he missed one game after eating a Buick and his appendix exploding. In 2010 he was suspended. So that means that out of 15 career missed games prior to this season - 4 were in his second year behind a crap o-line, 4 were due to suspension, and 1 was due to an exploding internal organ. That leaves 6 games he has missed over 11 years due to his playing style. The argument doesn't hold up.

86WARD
11-09-2015, 01:33 PM
And as we all know...the 4 "suspension" games were a load of shit.

fansince'76
11-09-2015, 01:36 PM
In 2010 he was suspended for nothing.

Fixed.

So that means that out of 15 career missed games prior to this season - 4 were in his second year behind a crap o-line, 4 were due to a bullshit suspension, and 1 was due to an exploding internal organ.

Fixed again...

tube517
11-09-2015, 01:48 PM

Wrong.

1976, Bradshaw got suplexed by Joe Turkey Jones and missed alot of games. Mike Kruczek started 6 games and that historic defense and Franco and Rocky had to carry the team to the AFC Championship game.

fansince'76
11-09-2015, 01:48 PM
Elway...LOL. Before Terrell Davis showed up, Elway spent his career being a tackling dummy for opposing defenses as nobody had to respect the Broncos' running game all that much.

fansince'76
11-09-2015, 01:54 PM
Wrong.

1976, Bradshaw got suplexed by Joe Turkey Jones and missed alot of games. Mike Kruczek started 6 games and that historic defense and Franco and Rocky had to carry the team to the AFC Championship game.

I vividly recall Bradshaw getting knocked out of a game in the 1st half and then coming back in the 2nd and throwing 2-3 TDs. Want to say it was against Houston, but I don't remember what year it was. Remember Cosell going on and on about how tough and courageous Bradshaw was. :chuckle:

tube517
11-09-2015, 02:13 PM
I vividly recall Bradshaw getting knocked out of a game in the 1st half and then coming back in the 2nd and throwing 2-3 TDs. Want to say it was against Houston, but I don't remember what year it was. Remember Cosell going on and on about how tough and courageous Bradshaw was. :chuckle:

Whew! That's way too far back to remember which one. :old: :chuckle:

zulater
11-09-2015, 03:19 PM
Roethlisberger has missed 15 games over 11 seasons prior to this one. That's it. 2005 he missed 4 due to a variety of knee injuries. In 2006 he missed one game after eating a Buick and his appendix exploding. In 2010 he was suspended. So that means that out of 15 career missed games prior to this season - 4 were in his second year behind a crap o-line, 4 were due to suspension, and 1 was due to an exploding internal organ. That leaves 6 games he has missed over 11 years due to his playing style. The argument doesn't hold up.
Exactly. One of the things those trying to make the Ben's always hurt argument use to support their case is that he's only played a full 16 game season 3 times. Never bothered by the fact that in two seasons he played 15 games he was held out of the season finale because the Steelers playoff seeding was already locked in.

Also it should be noted that prior to getting injured and missing the start in week 4 this year, Ben had answered the call and started each of the Steelers previous 42 games.

Ben didn't miss a game due to injury in 10, 11, 13, and 14. So he doesn;t miss a start due to injury in four of the last 5 years prior to this and now he's a China doll? ! :doh:

This is beyond stupid. :frusty:

Craic
11-09-2015, 03:59 PM
Exactly. One of the things those trying to make the Ben's always hurt argument use to support their case is that he's only played a full 16 game season 3 times. Never bothered by the fact that in two seasons he played 15 games he was held out of the season finale because the Steelers playoff seeding was already locked in.

Also it should be noted that prior to getting injured and missing the start in week 4 this year, Ben had answered the call and started each of the Steelers previous 42 games.

Ben didn't miss a game due to injury in 10, 11, 13, and 14. So he doesn;t miss a start due to injury in four of the last 5 years prior to this and now he's a China doll? ! :doh:

This is beyond stupid. :frusty:

Beyond stupid? Let's get a grip on reality a bit. No, he's not a china-doll. Not in the least, but Ben DOES get injured a lot, and injuries affect his game (like they would practically anyone else). Here's a list of his injuries on field.

NFL

Foot

A two-ton whale landed on his ankle, causing damage not yet known. He missed the rest of the game.

NFL

Knee

Ben Roethlisberger had his knee taken out on a low hit and missed 4 games

NFL
Rib
Ben Roethlisberger sprained his right shoulder, he also dislocated a rib and had been ruled out of Sunday's game against the Baltimore Ravens

NFL
Ankle
The Pittsburgh Steelers held QB Ben Roethlisberger out of practice Sunday. Roethlisberger badly sprained the ankle during a game against the Cleveland Browns

NFL
Hand
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger fractured the fourth metacarpal in his right hand in Week 7. He missed one regular game.

NFL
Foot
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's sprained foot is actually broken. He had to miss the game against New York Jets due to the injury.

NFL
Ankle
Ben Roethlisberger sprained his ankle on December which caused him to miss one regular game

NFL
Foot
Ben Roethlisberger fractured a bone on his right foot missing 2 games and underwent offseason surgery.

NFL
Shoulder
QB Ben Roethlisberger played with Miami but later in the game dislocated a joint on his shoulder. He left the game and didn't return.

NFL
Achilles
Ben Roethlisberger injured his Achilles' tendon in a game vs Bengals resulting in him leaving the game

NFL
Shoulder
Ben Roethlisberger injured his shoulder during Steelers' practice Thursday which caused him to miss one game.

NFL
Shoulder
Roethlisberger sprained the sternoclavicular joint in his right shoulder on a play against the Baltimore Ravens. He left the game and didn't return

Add to that his bike accident and his appendectomy, and that's quite a list. Left off this list is the broken toe he said he had after the first season, the broken nose the entire world knew he had a couple seasons ago, and all the little tears, pulls, etc that every player goes through.

China-doll? No. Injured quite a bit? Absolutely.

Mojouw
11-09-2015, 05:12 PM
Beyond stupid? Let's get a grip on reality a bit. No, he's not a china-doll. Not in the least, but Ben DOES get injured a lot, and injuries affect his game (like they would practically anyone else). Here's a list of his injuries on field.

Add to that his bike accident and his appendectomy, and that's quite a list. Left off this list is the broken toe he said he had after the first season, the broken nose the entire world knew he had a couple seasons ago, and all the little tears, pulls, etc that every player goes through.

China-doll? No. Injured quite a bit? Absolutely.

Hmmmmm. It is almost like that is a recycled list from a bullshit website. For instance, Roethlisberger played in the regular season against the Jets in 2010 (http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=301219023). In the 2006 Ravens game he missed one drive when the team was down by over 3 scores (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200612240pit.htm). In 2009, he may have left the game, but he missed no significant time - take a look at the box scores (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200909270cin.htm and http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200911150pit.htm). The game recap from 2010 makes no mention of Roethlisberger getting injured against Miami (http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=301024015).

So, can we at least have this debate based on facts. Here is the best website I have turned up with the actual injury reports and games missed - http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/ben-roethlisbergers-injury-history-pittsburgh-stee/nS5dc/

stillers4me
11-09-2015, 05:26 PM
And he's still managed to get his team to 3 superbowls.

zulater
11-09-2015, 09:38 PM
Hmmmmm. It is almost like that is a recycled list from a bullshit website. For instance, Roethlisberger played in the regular season against the Jets in 2010 (http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=301219023). In the 2006 Ravens game he missed one drive when the team was down by over 3 scores (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200612240pit.htm). In 2009, he may have left the game, but he missed no significant time - take a look at the box scores (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200909270cin.htm and http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200911150pit.htm). The game recap from 2010 makes no mention of Roethlisberger getting injured against Miami (http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=301024015).

So, can we at least have this debate based on facts. Here is the best website I have turned up with the actual injury reports and games missed - http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/ben-roethlisbergers-injury-history-pittsburgh-stee/nS5dc/

Craic doesn't seem to understand the difference between hurt and injured. :lol:

They all get hurt all the time. But if they're playing they're not injured.

86WARD
11-09-2015, 10:02 PM
What player isn't hurting by Week 3?

Craic
11-09-2015, 10:44 PM

:chuckle:

thanks, that site makes my point even better.

- - - Updated - - -

Craic doesn't seem to understand the difference between hurt and injured. :lol:

They all get hurt all the time. But if they're playing they're not injured.

Naa, I just understand that in the English Language, injury and hurt mean the same thing.
(http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hurt?s=t)

verb (used with object), hurt, hurting. 1. to cause bodily injury to; injure: He was badly hurt in the accident.

EDIT: Zu - this post of mine seems to come across extremely rude towards you. I don't mean it that way. Just can't seem to rephrase it for some reason. Probably too tired.

SteelMember
11-10-2015, 12:37 PM
...Frickin drama queen.

Steelman
11-10-2015, 02:02 PM
Saw a report saying Ben hasn't ruled himself out this week and said he felt a lot better even just the next day. Good sign even if he doesn't play against Cleveland. He should be ready to go for Seattle.

teegre
11-10-2015, 02:03 PM
Saw a report saying Ben hasn't ruled himself out this week and said he felt a lot better even just the next day. Good sign even if he doesn't play against Cleveland. He should be ready to go for Seattle.

Best news that I've heard all day.

Steelman
11-10-2015, 02:08 PM
Well, I couldn't find that particular report. But here's Tomlin's take on it, which is overall a little depressing. :lol:

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/11/10/steelers-injury-report-nfl-week-10-cleveland-browns-ryan-shazier-deangelo-williams/

teegre
11-10-2015, 02:16 PM
Well, I couldn't find that particular report. But here's Tomlin's take on it, which is overall a little depressing. :lol:

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/11/10/steelers-injury-report-nfl-week-10-cleveland-browns-ryan-shazier-deangelo-williams/

I'll take "slightly ajar" over "locked, deadbolted, & guarded by sentry" any day of the week. :wink02:

As you said, if the door is "slightly ajar" right now, it should be "wide open" by the Seattle game.

hawaiiansteeler
11-10-2015, 03:32 PM

this foot injury may have been a blessing in disguise as this rest may now help his knee to heal more also...

zulater
11-10-2015, 05:04 PM
:chuckle:

thanks, that site makes my point even better.

- - - Updated - - -

Naa, I just understand that in the English Language, injury and hurt mean the same thing.
(http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hurt?s=t)

EDIT: Zu - this post of mine seems to come across extremely rude towards you. I don't mean it that way. Just can't seem to rephrase it for some reason. Probably too tired.

Not to worry I'm not taking anything personally Craic. :hatsoff:

I just don't think Ben's more injury prone than most qb's. In fact I think he's proved more durable than the vast majority of his peers. Missing a total of 14 starts (including the upcoming Browns game) due to injury in a 12 year career isn't bad in my opinion. Obviously there's been a handful of games where his play was diminished due to an assorted array of hurts. But again most NFL players never see a 12th season. And prior to this season he had a pretty remarkable run of staying healthy. I'll chalk up this current spate of injuries to just a bad run of luck. I think he's as likely as any NFL qb to have an injury free 16.

Craic
11-11-2015, 03:44 PM
Not to worry I'm not taking anything personally Craic. :hatsoff:

I just don't think Ben's more injury prone than most qb's. In fact I think he's proved more durable than the vast majority of his peers. Missing a total of 14 starts (including the upcoming Browns game) due to injury in a 12 year career isn't bad in my opinion. Obviously there's been a handful of games where his play was diminished due to an assorted array of hurts. But again most NFL players never see a 12th season. And prior to this season he had a pretty remarkable run of staying healthy. I'll chalk up this current spate of injuries to just a bad run of luck. I think he's as likely as any NFL qb to have an injury free 16.

I'd agree about 90 percent. I think his "extend the play" style tends to leave him open for a few more injuries than the average QB, but with that said, he's also shown an ability to play through nagging injuries in his career. It's the ones that make him sit that seem to make it hard for him to play well when he returns. I hope he doesn't have to sit this week, only because it'll take a game or two for him to again hit top speed, and we need him at top speed every week from this point on.

steelreserve
11-11-2015, 04:08 PM
I'd agree about 90 percent. I think his "extend the play" style tends to leave him open for a few more injuries than the average QB, but with that said, he's also shown an ability to play through nagging injuries in his career. It's the ones that make him sit that seem to make it hard for him to play well when he returns. I hope he doesn't have to sit this week, only because it'll take a game or two for him to again hit top speed, and we need him at top speed every week from this point on.

Yeah, but on the other hand - how many of his injuries come from "extending the play?" Most of the time he's gotten his ass kicked has been while he's standing in the pocket, or after he's made a simple move to avoid pressure in a collapsing pocket, like any QB would do.

The injuries don't come when he's done one of his "signature moves" of shaking off a tackle and scrambling left or right - at that point, usually one guy has a chance to tackle you and he doesn't blow you up by surprise. All the injuries happen when he's in the heavily-congested area in the middle of the field, and there are 10 guys diving around and getting knocked over constantly all around him. In other words, the area where the quarterback normally is anyway.

Does he possibly expose himself to more hits by holding onto the ball longer on ordinary plays? There maybe people have an argument. But that's when he's also super-effective. Take every one of those plays away and replace it with an incompletion thrown away out of bounds "so he can play safer," and what do you have? Probably something like Sam Bradford or Nick Foles.

86WARD
11-11-2015, 08:03 PM
That's a good question...what injuries have been in the pocket and what injuries occurred extending the play. I'm not sure, but I'd be willing to bet the majority were in the pocket...