11-08-2015, 03:51 PM
AB and DeAngelo.

fansince'76
11-08-2015, 03:52 PM
Feels like a loss to me.

Edman
11-08-2015, 03:52 PM
Raiders Terrible Clock Management.

That last touchdown didn't bother me one bit, because I knew they scored too quickly. The Steelers were going to win.

- - - Updated - - -

Feels like a loss to me.

Yep. Lost Ben. Again.

steelerdude15
11-08-2015, 03:53 PM
Antonio and Deangelo.

lipps83
11-08-2015, 03:53 PM
AB and Williams for sure. I don't think anyone else comes close.

NCSteeler
11-08-2015, 03:54 PM
Defense made some nice plays and the offense could not capitalize. But how do you not give it to Brown

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steelermania
11-08-2015, 04:02 PM
Honorable mention to the gunslinger, Jesse James.Blocked 3 guys on the touchdown, then scored one himself. The defense gave up a ton of yards, but man did they lay the wood today.

SteelerFanInStl
11-08-2015, 04:05 PM
AB with an honorable mention to DWill.

The defense got some splash plays but couldn't stop the Raiders when they needed to. Like usual, the receivers were running around wide open for most of the game. On 2 TDs, the WR wasn't even covered.

hawaiiansteeler
11-08-2015, 04:09 PM
AB and DeAngelo.

it really would have been a shame if we had lost this game and wasted both of their outstanding performances...

The Bark
11-08-2015, 04:11 PM
DeAngelo deserves one just for that block.

Rotorhead
11-08-2015, 04:15 PM
Defense, AB and DW

ALLD
11-08-2015, 04:27 PM
AB made the play to set up the game winner.

Steeldude
11-08-2015, 04:31 PM
Feels like a loss to me.

I'm thinking it is a broken foot. Which, in my opinion, will end his season. Hopefully it's just a tweak or minor sprain.

Craic
11-08-2015, 04:38 PM
Gameballs: DeAngelo Williams and Brown, of course. I'm also going to give to someone who, mentioning their name, may cause a bit of a furry here . . . Blake. Why do I give it to him? He caused a fumble, and had a 1 yard run stop, -4 yard stop. one great defended pass, probably one or two other defended passes, and allowed only 52 yards passing against him. Crabtree's big plays came against other defenders. (I think I remember one TD against Blake). All in all, he deserves mention here.

HM: Landry Jones. Came in, in a pressure situation and did what he had to do to win the game. Also, on that third down incomplete throw, I thought he did a great job keeping his head and throwing the ball away safely, rather than risking an INT or getting his only starting RB lit up on a crossing route (I believe it was DW crossing on that play). So, good for him.

Also, Ranger Vill. Nice game today.

Goats: Refs. Seriously . . . the QB gets tackled ABOVE THE KNEES, and you throw a 15 yard flag, but when Ben got put out 4 games after being hit BELOW the knee, no penalty, and no fine? Despicable. I'm not one to complain about reffing or the league very often, but that was absolutely ludicrous.

Beyond that - Receivers outside of Brown, seems they've taken a step back, especially in the first quarter with all their dropped passes.

Steel Peon
11-08-2015, 04:39 PM
DW, and AB get game balls, while Landry gets my gratitude for reducing that pain I get in my stomach when Ben goes down.

Mitchell continues to piss me off every week with his bonehead shit, and no one singles him out because he tackles hard, but to me he just narrowly misses a goat this week. Wheaton, on the other hand, doesn't even look like a #3 WR and should probably be #4 behind Coates, or #5 behind Jacoby. Remeber when dumb shit commentators used to say we lacked a #1 WR? The real problem was we never had a #2 until Martavis showed up.

Goats: Refs. Seriously . . . the QB gets tackled ABOVE THE KNEES, and you throw a 15 yard flag, but when Ben got put out 4 games after being hit BELOW the knee, no penalty, and no fine? Despicable. I'm not one to complain about reffing or the league very often, but that was absolutely ludicrous.

Afuckingmen.

SteelerFanInStl
11-08-2015, 04:43 PM

Absolutely. Shazier hit him in the thigh. It wasn't that close. That "penalty" extended the drive that ended up being the tying TD.

- - - Updated - - -

Wheaton, on the other hand, doesn't even look like a #3 WR and should probably be #4 behind Coates, or #5 behind Jacoby. Remeber when dumb shit commentators used to say we lacked a #1 WR? The real problem was we never had a #2 until Martavis showed up.

Afuckingmen.

I agree. Wheaton has been invisible this season. I'd like to see Coates get some more playing time. Hell, even DHB has played better than Wheaton this year.

tube517
11-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Absolutely. Shazier hit him in the thigh. It wasn't that close. That "penalty" extended the drive that ended up being the tying TD.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. Wheaton has been invisible this season. I'd like to see Coates get some more playing time. Hell, even DHB has played better than Wheaton this year.

DHB hurt his knee and left the game. Not sure how serious that injury is

tube517
11-08-2015, 04:56 PM

Steeldude
11-08-2015, 04:59 PM
Hey, I thought some fans said Williams couldn't catch? Haha

Craic
11-08-2015, 05:01 PM

I wouldn't exactly call it the thigh, but his shoulders were distinctly above the knee area.

zoneblitzerII
11-08-2015, 05:04 PM
Williams. The offense runs through this guy now.

86WARD
11-08-2015, 05:10 PM
AB and DeAngelo.

This.

steelreserve
11-08-2015, 05:11 PM
Williams, with Brown right behind. Those two guys won the game by themselves.

The defense is far and away the goat. No pressure, no coverage, caught completely asleep at the switch 6 or 7 times. That kind of bullshit is not going to cut it, and we were lucky to win in spite of such a spectacular stink bomb from them.

steel striker
11-08-2015, 05:18 PM
Ab and Williams but, losing Ben is a Killer.

vader29
11-08-2015, 05:20 PM
Antonio and DeAngelo.

SteelerFanInStl
11-08-2015, 05:44 PM
I wouldn't exactly call it the thigh, but his shoulders were distinctly above the knee area.

I watched the replay a few times. He came in on the thigh and slid down.

Devilsdancefloor
11-08-2015, 07:01 PM
Game ball: ab & Dwill can share it

Goat: mitchell played a good game, but the fumble recovery that got overturned bone head he is a vet know the rules, the massive hit and fumble he caused great but decided to celebrate the hit instead of playing football. this has to stop!

fansince'76
11-08-2015, 08:47 PM

el7e75Qz93v

Steeldude
11-08-2015, 09:08 PM
Game ball: ab & Dwill can share it

Goat: mitchell played a good game, but the fumble recovery that got overturned bone head he is a vet know the rules, the massive hit and fumble he caused great but decided to celebrate the hit instead of playing football. this has to stop!

If I was the coach I would say no more celebrating plays at least until the whistle is blown.

I would actually like to see all non-scoring celebrations to be banned as a rule. : )

j-d-s
11-08-2015, 09:14 PM
I thought Roosevelt Nix played really well considering what his job his. Forcing fumble on special teams, a couple of great blocks. Of course that is grossly marginal when one AB has 306 yards from scrimmage, while D-Will has 225 scrimmage yards plus two TDs and one 2-point conversion.

Hawkman
11-08-2015, 09:19 PM
I thought Roosevelt Nix played really well considering what his job his. Forcing fumble on special teams, a couple of great blocks. Of course that is grossly marginal when one AB has 306 yards from scrimmage, while D-Will has 225 scrimmage yards plus two TDs and one 2-point conversion.

That's right, I forgot about the two point conversion.

teegre
11-08-2015, 09:21 PM

Yes!!!

I wondered if anyone else saw that. DECLEATED!!!

Hawkman
11-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Yes!!!

That was great! Smith has 7 inches and nearly 60 pounds on Williams. Williams slammed him to the ground and moved on.

Texasteel
11-08-2015, 09:46 PM
Hey, I thought some fans said Williams couldn't catch? Haha

I can remember a few that said Bell had poor field vision when we drafted him. Guess you never know.

B&GFever
11-08-2015, 10:25 PM
Yes!!!

not often a RB records a pancake block

86WARD
11-09-2015, 07:12 AM
not often a RB records a pancake block

Villanueva should have smashed him while he was down...lol. Kemo would have killed him...

MrPgh
11-09-2015, 08:10 AM
DeAngelo has a great game against San Francisco earlier in the season, and another one yesterday against Oakland...

Obviously he must be a homophobe. ��

SteelMember
11-09-2015, 08:43 AM
Brown had the guady stats... and that YAC on the play that basically gave us back the win is more than deserving. The blemish was that fumbled punt... which I believe was the first time he was in there instead of Jacoby. Yikes.

zulater
11-10-2015, 07:28 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers
– What an offensive performance by the Steelers’ main three skill position players. QB Ben Roethlisberger (+5.9) returned to his early-season form, although he’ll now miss a few more weeks with a foot injury. HB DeAngelo Williams (+4.1) showed that the Steelers don’t have to worry too much about losing starter LeVeon Bell, as he broke four tackles and finished with 176 yards (70 after contact) and two touchdowns. But it was WR Antonio Brown (+8.8) that stole the show. His overall grade was the highest we’ve ever recorded for a receiver at PFF. He caught 17-of-23 balls thrown to him for a ridiculous 284 yards. He wasn’t able to score a touchdown, but he was easily the biggest reason the Steelers won yesterday. For more about Brown’s big day, check out this article by Sam Monson.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/11/09/oak-pit-grades-antonio-brown-deangelo-williams-shine-in-win/

– The Steelers’ defense did not play well for the most part yesterday. CB Antwon Blake (-6.5) and ILB Lawrence Timmons (-5.0) were the only players to grade negatively in coverage, and they were negative by a lot. Blake was targeted a team-high 15 times, and allowed nine receptions for 107 yards and a touchdown. But he was beaten on four of those incompletions, and was only saved by some off-target throws and a dropped pass. He also missed five tackles on the day. Timmons saw 11 targets, but only allowed five completions for 84 yards. However, on two of those incompletions, he was bailed out by a teammate knocking the ball out, and also a couple of dropped passes. Not a strong day for either of those two against a good Raiders’ passing offense.

– The Steelers’ offensive line play was not good yesterday, and the success of their offense was completely in spite of them. Roethlisberger was sacked once and hit another time, and it was the sack that ended up injuring him. But between him and QB Landry Jones (-0.3), they were pressured a ridiculous 18 times. Only G David DeCastro (+0.9) finished with a positive pass blocking grade, and as a unit, they finished with a -10.2 pass blocking grade. They were hardly better blocking the run, as they finished -6.8 overall there. C Cody Wallace (-7.7) finished with the team-low grade, thanks to poor performances in both run and pass blocking, as well as two false start penalties.

Top Performers:

WR Antonio Brown (+8.8)
QB Ben Roethlisberger (+5.9)
HB DeAngelo Williams (+4.1)
DE Cameron Heyward (+3.8)
OLB Arthur Moats (+1.3)

I haven't had a chance to watch the game yet. Hopefully later today I'll get around to it. Anyway reading this breakdown I have to wonder if maybe Ben deserves the game ball? The offensive line apparently didn't have a great game. To come back the second game off an injury and help put up that amount of points on the board with often spotty pass protection seems pretty impressive to me.

Also is it Profootballfocus or the Steelers coaching staff that has the disconnect on Antwon Blake? According to this he couldn't have been much worse. But since he made a "splash play" or two his job stays safe.

You shouldn't give up 35 points top the Raiders at home.Seems as if Blake had a huge hand in that final.

Craic
11-10-2015, 09:57 AM
Also is it Profootballfocus or the Steelers coaching staff that has the disconnect on Antwon Blake? According to this he couldn't have been much worse. But since he made a "splash play" or two his job stays safe.

You shouldn't give up 35 points top the Raiders at home.Seems as if Blake had a huge hand in that final.
Profootballfocus.

I'm not saying Blake was great, but statistics do not tell the story. I listed somewhere else the number of stops behind the line, or for short gains Blake also had, not to mention defended passes, a couple of which in key moments. Can we upgrade? Sure, but he's not the problem, either.