PDA

View Full Version : Rookie sackmaster Bud Dupree a quick study

stillers4me
11-08-2015, 06:51 AM
Rookie outside linebacker Bud Dupree has yet to unseat starter Arthur Moats at right outside linebacker, and splits time with Moats every week. But halfway through the season Dupree is leading the Steelers’ resurgent pass rush and is threatening the franchise record for sacks for a rookie.

Dupree leads the Steelers with four sacks and needs five more over the final eight games to tie Kendrell Bell for most in team history by a rookie............

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/11/06/Rookie-sackmaster-Dupree-a-quick-study/stories/201511060141

SteelerFanInStl
11-08-2015, 09:22 AM
I'd say that Dupree has outplayed Moats and has earned a starting spot.

st33lersguy
11-08-2015, 11:12 AM
It's time to put him in the starting role

steelerdude15
11-08-2015, 11:44 AM
I like Bud's motor, his never stop attitude, and his ability to make plays.

tube517
11-08-2015, 01:48 PM
I'd say that Dupree has outplayed Moats and has earned a starting spot.

Dupree plays most of the critical drives late. The rotation keeps them fresh but yeah, he'll be starting. Moats is the present day version of Robin Cole/Loren Toews. Steady sub at OLB

lipps83
11-08-2015, 03:54 PM
Nice blocked punt for the rookie today. He has done more in half of a season than Doofus Jones will do in his entire career.

Steel Peon
11-08-2015, 05:02 PM
halfway through the season Dupree is leading the Steelers’ resurgent pass rush and is threatening the franchise record for sacks for a rookie.

One sack in particular, I mistook Dupree for Harrison, until I saw the number and name. Right then I thought: "Well, damn! That's a good sign! Anyone who physically reminds me of Silverback is OK in my book." I can only pray that Bud and Jamie are frequent work-out partners.

Steelman
11-08-2015, 07:47 PM
I've been very impressed with how Dupree is progressing in each situation. He certainly has a nose for the football. For a guy who was billed as an extremely raw prospect, he has definitely done a lot of good thus far. The proverbial sky appears to be the limit for him.

Mojouw
11-08-2015, 08:48 PM
But wait. I thought the Steelers were fools to not draft Gregory or Ray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk