PDA

View Full Version : Can't deny it. The Steelers D is legit.

Edman
11-06-2015, 10:01 AM
The Bengals demolished Cleveland yesterday, after being pretty shut down to 16 points Sunday.

Gotta give credit where it's due. This is the third high-powered offense the Defense held in check this year. Including the undefeated Pats. Unfortunately, our Offense was more than substandard in both of those losses, in fact, it's been anemic in ALL of our losses.

This is what has made this season so hard to watch. After lamenting all preseason on wether or not this Defense would be good enough to help out the Offense, the opposite has happened. We're left wondering wether or not we'll generate enough Offense to actually help the Defense.

Remember when everyone was saying the O had to put up 30+ just for the Steelers to have a chance? Short time, huh?

We can only hope and pray this team can pull it together and make a run of some kind. They actually have the Defense to do it. Something last year's team lacked.

salamander
11-06-2015, 11:35 AM
Seems like every year, we have one but not the other - this year the defense is doing well and the offense isn't. Last year it was the opposite if I remember correctly.

Rotorhead
11-06-2015, 02:09 PM
Well, our offense production this year remains to be seen (too many injuries and missing key people), if they can match last years play the second half of the season, we will be a force come playoff time.

tube517
11-06-2015, 02:27 PM
I really really like what Butler has done.

Yes, they need to tackle better and the secondary is the weak spot (again) but Butler has them on the right track

lipps83
11-06-2015, 03:49 PM
I am really happy with how the defense has turned out. They give up some yards, but not a lot of points. They are aggressive, which I am always a fan of.

Was hugely skeptical of a Lebeau disciple, but Butler does what Lebeau forgot to do. Attack.

Skinart82
11-06-2015, 04:34 PM
Add a shutdown corner and we're a top 5 defense

Rotorhead
11-06-2015, 04:52 PM

This

hawaiiansteeler
11-06-2015, 07:32 PM

I think we also need a ball-hawking safety...