PDA

View Full Version : Tuitt could make a difference

TeeTee
11-05-2015, 11:59 AM
He is back practicing.

I feel he is a difference maker out there. Already has 3 sacks. He and Heyward are forces out there.

On an aside, why do we all seem to not like Mitchell? When he is out there excited after a hit, I get more bummed out than I do excited. Why?

steelreserve
11-05-2015, 02:21 PM
You think? He's one of the most important guys on the defense.

People don't like Mitchell because he has a habit of playing stupid. Fortunately his play overall has seemed to get a bit better this season.

TeeTee
11-05-2015, 03:38 PM
You think? He's one of the most important guys on the defense.

People don't like Mitchell because he has a habit of playing stupid. Fortunately his play overall has seemed to get a bit better this season.

I think maybe because he has played stupid, and that he _IS_ stupid. I feel like he celebrates stuff that he shouldn't. Like celebrating a medium hard hit when the opponent gets a first down. That would only be done by someone who ain't all that bright. He also runs his mouth on hits that he wasn't even a part of, asking Steve Smith "How did that feel?" when it was Timmons who hit him. Ryan Clark used to knock people all over and he barely ran his mouth, but Ryan is 10 x smarter than Mitchell, and it showed. Any how, I am thrilled to have Tuitt back on the field. I think his presence takes us from an "OK" D to bordering on special.

teegre
11-05-2015, 03:50 PM
I think maybe because he has played stupid, and that he _IS_ stupid. I feel like he celebrates stuff that he shouldn't. Like celebrating a medium hard hit when the opponent gets a first down. That would only be done by someone who ain't all that bright. He also runs his mouth on hits that he wasn't even a part of, asking Steve Smith "How did that feel?" when it was Timmons who hit him. Ryan Clark used to knock people all over and he barely ran his mouth, but Ryan is 10 x smarter than Mitchell, and it showed. Any how, I am thrilled to have Tuitt back on the field. I think his presence takes us from an "OK" D to bordering on special.

I agree.

Mitchell is as dumb as a bag of doorknobs.

TeeTee
11-05-2015, 04:04 PM
I agree.

Mitchell is as dumb as a bag of doorknobs.

At least he is playing a little bit better. Still not worth what they paid him, but he is better than last year. He was worthless last season. But even when he does make a play, I still don't feel good about him.

teegre
11-05-2015, 04:18 PM
At least he is playing a little bit better. Still not worth what they paid him, but he is better than last year. He was worthless last season. But even when he does make a play, I still don't feel good about him.

That's pretty much my exes t thoughts on him.

I'll add:
Even when he "does" make a play, I wait to see if he draws a stupid "after the whistle" penalty.

st33lersguy
11-06-2015, 11:29 PM
Steelers need Tuitt out there

hawaiiansteeler
11-06-2015, 11:34 PM
Steelers need Tuitt out there

just Tuitt..:thumbsup:

Steeldude
11-07-2015, 01:33 AM
He is back practicing.

I feel he is a difference maker out there. Already has 3 sacks. He and Heyward are forces out there.

On an aside, why do we all seem to not like Mitchell? When he is out there excited after a hit, I get more bummed out than I do excited. Why?

Mitchell would be better if he spent more time focusing on the game rather than lame poses and celebrations after routine place.

Hawkman
11-07-2015, 12:26 PM
Still don't know how this thread made the jump to a Mitchell thread.

tube517
11-07-2015, 03:13 PM
Still don't know how this thread made the jump to a Mitchell thread.

Mitchell was mentioned in the OP

hawaiiansteeler
11-07-2015, 08:12 PM
Mitchell was mentioned in the OP

exactly, no one has ever derailed a thread on this message board.

any word on Boykin's status for tomorrow's game?

86WARD
11-07-2015, 10:16 PM
Could?