PDA

View Full Version : Steelers LB threatens Bengals' Burfict on Twitter after Le'Veon Bell injury

hawaiiansteeler
11-04-2015, 06:25 PM
Steelers LB threatens Bengals' Burfict on Twitter after Le'Veon Bell injury

By John Breech | CBSSports.com
November 3, 2015

The rivalry between the Bengals and Steelers is starting to get more heated off the field than it is on the field.

After Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell went down with a season-ending MCL injury in the Bengals' 16-10 win Sunday, there was at least one Steelers player who said he thought the Bengals were trying to injure Bell on purpose.

Several other Steelers players said that they were mad at Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict because they thought he was celebrating the hit that injured Bell.

Steelers linebacker Vince Williams became so heated about the situation after the game that he sent a late-night threat on Twitter to Burfict.

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/blogs/Burfict-1-Williams-11-03-15.png

As soon as Williams sent the tweet out, several fans responded and they all seemed surprised that he was threatening the Bengals linebacker in a public forum.

Can't believe @King55Tez is getting death threats for playing good football. By a verified @twitter account even. Smh @VinnyVidiVici98

— Andon's Dad™ (@BrewStudNo1) November 2, 2015

@King55Tez @VinnyVidiVici98 I wonder what the ginger hammer @nflcommish would think about threatening another player.

— Nick S (@GoatFish77) November 2, 2015

Williams eventually deleted the tweet, but not before Burfict saw it and responded to it.

@VinnyVidiVici98 why wait then u kno were I'm at pic.twitter.com/khEd43nBmf

— Vontaze Burfict (@King55Tez) November 2, 2015

For what it's worth, Burfict said he believes he made a clean hit on Bell and he thinks that Williams only made the threat because he was mad about losing to the Bengals.

"We won. He's mad they lost," Burfict said Monday, via the Cincinnati Enquirer. "I have nothing to say about it. It was a clean hit. Le'Veon is a friend of mine. I didn't intentionally mean to hurt him. It's football."

Not everyone believes that the hit was unintentional. After the game, Steelers offensive lineman Ramon Foster said he thought the Bengals were "aiming" to injure Steelers players.

"I am sure they were aiming to take somebody out today and kudos to them, they did the job," Foster said.

to read rest of article:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25362460/steelers-lb-threatens-bengals-burfict-on-twitter-after-bell-injury

teegre
11-04-2015, 06:29 PM
2013: Heath
2014: Bell
2015: Bell

Hmmm...

The Bark
11-04-2015, 06:41 PM
To be honest, this goes back to Carson Palmer's injury in the playoffs and Ward breaking Keith Rivers' jaw - if not farther (though I doubt there's many Bengals from those teams still around, if any at all.)

tube517
11-04-2015, 06:54 PM
To be honest, this goes back to Carson Palmer's injury in the playoffs and Ward breaking Keith Rivers' jaw - if not farther (though I doubt there's many Bengals from those teams still around, if any at all.)

Chuck Noll and Sam Wyche were no fans of each other.

Douchemanzadeh using the Towel to shine his shoes.

ALLD
11-04-2015, 07:47 PM
It was a bad tackle, like he tried to give him some extra with the opportunity.

hawaiiansteeler
11-04-2015, 08:44 PM
Steelers ILB Vince Williams releases statement on "threat" made towards Bengals Vontaze Burfict

By Jeff.Hartman on Nov 4, 2015

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/k8lOXthdzlbrQjgisUEGp04S5WQ=/0x212:1932x1500/500x333/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/47586555/usa-today-8307253.0.jpg

Steelers ILB Vince Williams reached out to BTSC to release a statement regarding his "threat" to Bengals Vontaze Burfict in regards to the tackle which ended Le'Veon Bell's season.

If you don't follow Pittsburgh Steelers ILB Vince Williams on Twitter, I strongly suggest you do so (@VinnyVidiVici98) as soon as possible. And before you think it has anything to do with the recent tweet sent in regards to Cincinnati Bengals Vontaze Burfict, you are wrong.

Williams is one of the most honest and well-spoken athletes you will find on social media. He interacts with fans, and shows respect not only for his team and teammates, but the game itself. When Williams' tweet directed towards Burfict sent ripples throughout the NFL waters, it was Williams who reached out to BTSC to make a statement on his comments. He didn't back off his words, but simply wanted a platform to explain them. I was happy to oblige.

Here is what he had to say:

"First of all, anyone who knows me knows I'm not a thug. I'm also not going to apologize for my words either. I was infuriated by the fact that one of my closest teammates was taken out by a notoriously dirty player. I got conformation that he was gloating about causing a season-ending injury. I'm confused as to how anyone could be happy about that, especially since they had just gone through the same thing. I was siting there, the pop (from Bell's knee) was loud, do you know what it's like to see someone you consider a brother to be in pain and to have something they cherish ripped away from them? Then to watch the player that did it smiling about it. I'm sure that would make anyone want to punch someone in the face. I shouldn't have taken these feelings to Twitter but I did. If caring about my teammates makes me a villain then I'll be public enemy #1 any day and everyday."

to read rest of article:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/11/4/9672470/steelers-ilb-vince-williams-releases-statement-on-threat-made-towards

st33lersguy
11-04-2015, 09:30 PM
Burfict is a low life thug. Here's hoping karma catches up with that asshole and the rest of that team.

Mojouw
11-04-2015, 10:47 PM
I know few may believe this but, when I saw Burfict was going to play my first and only thought was to wonder how badly that low-life dirty player would injure himself or others.

I can't remember a player as dirty as Burfict since a few of the villains and dirtballs that played on those old Buddy Ryan teams - Andre "Dirty" Waters and what not.

86WARD
11-05-2015, 04:13 AM
I took it as he was pissed more so at the celebrating than the play on Bell. Which would be the issue. The play wasn't dirty...

st33lersguy
11-05-2015, 08:21 AM
Vontaze Burfict is a POS with a history of dirty play. This video says everything you need to know about what kind of guy he is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZY4siRtNDg

dduc996
11-05-2015, 08:32 AM
They did nothing for 3-1/2 quarters , the only way to win was taking out Bell.
Bengals suck, there not going nowhere.

fansince'76
11-05-2015, 08:53 AM
I took it as he was pissed more so at the celebrating than the play on Bell. Which would be the issue. The play wasn't dirty...

This. I didn't see the tackle itself as dirty either. The celebration afterwards was extremely low rent, however.

steel striker
11-05-2015, 11:33 AM
You know what they say about payback?? I hated the way Burfict "The Thug" acted after the tackle. What goes around comes around!

hawaiiansteeler
11-05-2015, 02:34 PM

I agree, as a team they're certainly not "Burfict"...

st33lersguy
11-05-2015, 02:38 PM
They did nothing for 3-1/2 quarters , the only way to win was taking out Bell.

They will fold in the clutch like they always do and because of Burfict's antics I will enjoy it even more than usual