PDA

View Full Version : Raider game

TeeTee
11-03-2015, 02:41 PM
All of my Steeler fans feel this game is a lock for a Pgh W. I am not as sure.

The Raiders seem to beat us even when we are supposedly good and they are bad.

Consider....

Derek Carr - 65% completion %, 105 rating. 15 Tds to 3 int. He's good and getting better.
RB Murray - 536 yards, 4.6 apc. Not bad.
WRs Crabtree and Cooper - both solid, Cooper just a rookie but looking like a player bordering on dominant soon. Crabtree has incredible hands.

K - Janikowski - still one of the best out there.

D - Mack and Malcolm Smith can cause problems.

Coach - Del Rio knows us well from J-Ville days. He is a decent coach and this team is one of the surprises of the season. They are 4-3 with some dominant wins.

Might Ben, Brown, Bryant, Wheaton, Miller and Williams get back in a groove and put up big points? They could. But if we stay with Haley calling the plays, I think we are in trouble. We managed to put up a measly 10 points last week. That ain't gonna cut it for this game.

Mach1
11-03-2015, 02:54 PM
The "season is over".

TeeTee
11-03-2015, 02:59 PM
The "season is over".

In terms of truly contending for a Championship? I think so. Without Bell, we don't beat Denver or NE. Not with Haley calling the plays. He's just not good at it.

Rotorhead
11-03-2015, 03:02 PM
The "season is over".
LOL

We will win this game, and most of the time we are playing on the west coast against them. This is a home game and Ben will have the rust gone, another week with his WR's and a full week of DW to be ready. I am not worried about their offense (or their def honestly) as our def has stopped the top 3 offenses this season. As long as our offense doesnt get in its own way, and or def plays as well as last week, this is our game.

steelreserve
11-03-2015, 03:07 PM
The Raiders have the better record this year; therefore, it is a virtual certainty that we will beat them in the most frustrating fashion possible.

hawaiiansteeler
11-03-2015, 03:23 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ba/c5/f5/bac5f5bf6df8f10f81b546f34e0a2400.jpg

TeeTee
11-03-2015, 03:27 PM
Well, at least they have a winning record so we have a chance. If they were 1-6 we'd have no hope, not with Shades of Cool running the show.

http://img.weburbanist.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/eyeglasses_9.jpg

MarineRaider
11-03-2015, 03:35 PM
Raider fan here-I think it will be a decent game, however it could also turn into a blowout for either side. My Raiders have been destroying teams in the first half and then coasting to a victory for 2 weeks straight. Time will tell....here is to an injury free game.

tube517
11-03-2015, 03:36 PM
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/495324610-head-coach-jack-del-rio-of-the-oakland-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXkBDwaJfjieI56dU5tD%2BZFst9D PtPB1SX6yJcWBTefAem7%2FUlmEQJ%2Ba8pdDNIO0jPA%3D%3D

MarineRaider
11-03-2015, 03:46 PM
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/495324610-head-coach-jack-del-rio-of-the-oakland-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXkBDwaJfjieI56dU5tD%2BZFst9D PtPB1SX6yJcWBTefAem7%2FUlmEQJ%2Ba8pdDNIO0jPA%3D%3D

The no-nonsense coach Oakland needed to help bring about the resurgence.

TeeTee
11-03-2015, 04:06 PM
The no-nonsense coach Oakland needed to help bring about the resurgence.

Del Rio is not a bad coach; he was hampered in J-Ville by an incompetent GM. It's near impossible to build a good team when your personnel decisions - including the draft - are dog shit. Del Rio was coach from 2003-2011 (fired in Nov. in 2011).

Look at the horrible drafts they had in that time.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/jax/draft.htm

A few good players here and there, but for the most part, even their first round picks were horrid. Matt Jones, Blaine Gabbert, Derrick Harvey, Reggie Williams.....plus almost no one decent after their first rounders. Drew-Jones was one of the very few hits in that span. You can't win with drafts that terrible. I think he is on a good track in Oakland. He has changed the team philosophy into a winning culture.

hawaiiansteeler
11-03-2015, 04:10 PM
Del Rio is not a bad coach

it was unfortunate how he got "axed" in Jacksonville...

http://beermugsports.com/storage/delrio_edited_22.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=13 22578842275

tube517
11-03-2015, 04:16 PM

http://beermugsports.com/storage/delrio_edited_22.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=13 22578842275

Yeah, but did you see his shades that I posted?

hawaiiansteeler
11-03-2015, 04:17 PM
Yeah, but did you see his shades that I posted?

no, just shows a blue ?

TeeTee
11-03-2015, 04:37 PM

In the end, it's probably better he got out. Until they changed GMs, he had zero hope for success. But his decision to have an ax in the locker room wasn't too well thought out. I mean, what could go wrong? 350 lb monsters swinging an ax inside. Dudes fueled on mad testosterone probably don't need to be swinging an ax around.

Mach1
11-03-2015, 05:02 PM
LOL

We will win this game, and most of the time we are playing on the west coast against them. This is a home game and Ben will have the rust gone, another week with his WR's and a full week of DW to be ready. I am not worried about their offense (or their def honestly) as our def has stopped the top 3 offenses this season. As long as our offense doesnt get in its own way, and or def plays as well as last week, this is our game.
I'm not to worried about it. Ben will be back to being Ben and this D should get a pick or two against Carr.

If it were an away game I'm a bit more worried. Lol

Steeldude
11-03-2015, 05:05 PM
A must win against a team they should beat. Gee, how will Tomlin prepare the team? History shows a lethargic Steelers' team coming out.

teegre
11-03-2015, 05:49 PM
In the end, it's probably better he got out. Until they changed GMs, he had zero hope for success. But his decision to have an ax in the locker room wasn't too well thought out. I mean, what could go wrong? 350 lb monsters swinging an ax inside. Dudes fueled on mad testosterone probably don't need to be swinging an ax around.

That... was funny. :applaudit:

86WARD
11-03-2015, 05:53 PM
A must win against a team they should beat. Gee, how will Tomlin prepare the team? History shows a lethargic Steelers' team coming out.

It does have that recipe doesn't it. 17-16 win/loss...

ALLD
11-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Who ever gets a 10 point lead by halftime should win the game.

st33lersguy
11-03-2015, 08:36 PM
The fact that the Raiders are 4-3 gives the Steelers an advantage. Maybe Tomlin will actually take the Raiders seriously this time

86WARD
11-03-2015, 08:56 PM
Tomlin probably doesn't take the opponent into consideration. He probably just view them as a different group of men in different color uniforms trying to defend their grass at the same time his men are preparing to defend every blade of grass.

hawaiiansteeler
11-03-2015, 10:48 PM
Tomlin probably doesn't take the opponent into consideration. He probably just view them as a different group of men in different color uniforms trying to defend their grass at the same time his men are preparing to defend every blade of grass.

"We have to be able to flush it out, move forward and understand the next snap is the most important. I don't care about the style points, it's time to go to the mattresses if you will. We can't let go of the rope, anyone in a helmet is a playmaker for us.

We're a battle hardened group, at this stage of the journey we’ll see where we are. What’s paramount is we play fast, we play hard and we play with urgency. The proof is in the pudding, the good teams, the dominant teams, aren't necessarily dominant in stadiums, but they are dominant largely in moments, when they do what's required to get out of stadiums with victories..."

Psycho Ward 86
11-04-2015, 02:14 AM
dont forget Charles Woodson, who's leading the lead in interceptions right now (5) and is somehow a Defensive Player of the Year candidate at 39.

cant help but admire the ageless wonder

silver & black
11-04-2015, 04:48 AM
Del Rio is not a bad coach; he was hampered in J-Ville by an incompetent GM. It's near impossible to build a good team when your personnel decisions - including the draft - are dog shit. Del Rio was coach from 2003-2011 (fired in Nov. in 2011).

Look at the horrible drafts they had in that time.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/jax/draft.htm

A few good players here and there, but for the most part, even their first round picks were horrid. Matt Jones, Blaine Gabbert, Derrick Harvey, Reggie Williams.....plus almost no one decent after their first rounders. Drew-Jones was one of the very few hits in that span. You can't win with drafts that terrible. I think he is on a good track in Oakland. He has changed the team philosophy into a winning culture.

LOL!... he's got it just as bad or worse in Oakland. Reggie McKenzie is a mumbling, bumbling fool.

86WARD
11-04-2015, 06:52 AM
dont forget Charles Woodson, who's leading the lead in interceptions right now (5) and is somehow a Defensive Player of the Year candidate at 39.

cant help but admire the ageless wonder

Oakland seems to have a knack finding those ageless guys. They can't fill a roster but every now and again, they hit on a good one...usually with the last name Woodson...

NCSteeler
11-04-2015, 09:40 AM
I'm not to worried about it. Ben will be back to being Ben and this D should get a pick or two against Carr.

If it were an away game I'm a bit more worried. Lol

Ben is 1-5 in second games back from injury, I think I'll hold my enthusiasm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

86WARD
11-04-2015, 09:47 AM
Ben is 1-5 in second games back from injury, I think I'll hold my enthusiasm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So 2-5 in first game back and 1-5 in second game back...great news...

MarineRaider
11-04-2015, 10:32 AM
I was unaware of that stat-bodes well for my team, but one never knows. I like our chances though.

tube517
11-04-2015, 10:36 AM
Since Ben took over as QB, he's only beaten the Raiders once.

MarineRaider
11-04-2015, 10:46 AM
Since Ben took over as QB, he's only beaten the Raiders once.

I was sure he had beaten us at least twice. Interesting. Maybe we just have his number or he is a closet Raider fan :sofunny:

tube517
11-04-2015, 10:51 AM
I was sure he had beaten us at least twice. Interesting. Maybe we just have his number or he is a closet Raider fan :sofunny:

:lol: Had to look it up.

We won the season opener in 2004, but Maddox was the starting QB. Ben didn't play until the next game.

2010 is Ben's only victory over Oakland. Lost in 2006, 2009, 2012, 2013.

MarineRaider
11-04-2015, 11:10 AM

We won the season opener in 2004, but Maddox was the starting QB. Ben didn't play until the next game.

Wow that is just unreal. and history says he is worse the second game back from injury is that accurate too?

hawaiiansteeler
11-04-2015, 11:18 AM
Ben is 1-5 in second games back from injury

soon to be 2-5...:tt02:

TeeTee
11-04-2015, 11:42 AM

Wow, I knew we lost a few but had no idea it was that bad. And almost all those Raider teams were bad teams. Shades of Cool lost 3 of them; no surprise there. Tomlin is masterful at losing to the very worst teams on a consistent basis.

silver & black
11-04-2015, 01:15 PM
Wow, I knew we lost a few but had no idea it was that bad. And almost all those Raider teams were bad teams. Shades of Cool lost 3 of them; no surprise there. Tomlin is masterful at losing to the very worst teams on a consistent basis.

Every Raiders team in the last 12 years has been bad. The Raiders will probably lose because things are looking up a little... and they struggle when they travel east.

hawaiiansteeler
11-04-2015, 02:17 PM
Tomlin's record against the Raiders, Oakland's record entering game in parentheses:

2009: Raiders 27 Steelers 24 (3-8)
2010: Steelers 35 Raiders 3 (5-4)
2012: Raiders 34 Steelers 31 (0-2)
2013: Raiders 21 Steelers 18 (2-4)

Dennis Allen was 2-0 against Tomlin, 6-28 vs. the rest of the league.

86WARD
11-05-2015, 03:42 AM
How many were home games, how many away?

hawaiiansteeler
11-05-2015, 11:28 AM
How many were home games, how many away?

2009: Raiders 27 @ Steelers 24
2010: @ Steelers 35 Raiders 3
2012: @ Raiders 34 Steelers 31
2013: @ Raiders 21 Steelers 18

MarineRaider
11-06-2015, 11:06 AM
Not a whole lot of talk about the upcoming game. I don't normally smack talk but I try to engage the opposing teams fans in a good discussion at least. That being said
Raiders win 31-21 on the Arm of DC. Steelers get some garbage time points but the outcome is never in question. Thoughts

TeeTee
11-06-2015, 11:37 AM
Not a whole lot of talk about the upcoming game. I don't normally smack talk but I try to engage the opposing teams fans in a good discussion at least. That being said
Raiders win 31-21 on the Arm of DC. Steelers get some garbage time points but the outcome is never in question. Thoughts

Marine Raider, forgive us if we aren't all that talkative. The Bell injury - and the Cinci game in general - just took the wind out of a lot of our sails, in my opinion. On this game, I feel it's very hard to predict. Both our Ds can stop the rush well, and both of us have a porous pass D. Carr looks like the real deal, but is he better than Ben, right now? Maybe with Ben's knee factored in, maybe not. Oakland has Cooper, but is their collection of WRs better than Brown, Bryant and Wheaton? Steelers are favored by 4.5 but I feel it's closer to a pick em. This game would scare me more if the Raiders were 1-6, bu since they are 4-3, maybe the Steelers will show up awake and ready to play; Cool Shades has a horrid record vs. teams with really bad records. He is simply terrible against the worst teams. I'm gonna go Steelers 24, Raiders 20.

TeeTee
11-06-2015, 11:44 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2586428-raiders-vs-steelers-full-pittsburgh-game-preview?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=pittsburgh-steelers

MarineRaider
11-06-2015, 11:57 AM
Marine Raider, forgive us if we aren't all that talkative. The Bell injury - and the Cinci game in general - just took the wind out of a lot of our sails, in my opinion. On this game, I feel it's very hard to predict. Both our Ds can stop the rush well, and both of us have a porous pass D. Carr looks like the real deal, but is he better than Ben, right now? Maybe with Ben's knee factored in, maybe not. Oakland has Cooper, but is their collection of WRs better than Brown, Bryant and Wheaton? Steelers are favored by 4.5 but I feel it's closer to a pick em. This game would scare me more if the Raiders were 1-6, bu since they are 4-3, maybe the Steelers will show up awake and ready to play; Cool Shades has a horrid record vs. teams with really bad records. He is simply terrible against the worst teams. I'm gonna go Steelers 24, Raiders 20.

I get it man, I have been in that position by week 5 of the last decade haha. I think given all of the circumstances-DC right now in this game will be Better than Ben. Long run can't say until more than a season and half are in the books. Should be a good game.

hawaiiansteeler
11-06-2015, 12:07 PM
Steelers 34 :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:
Raiders 24

teegre
11-06-2015, 12:51 PM

Sorry, man. It's been a busy week for me.

Here's some trash talk...

I live ive in San Diego. Once per season, the Raidahs fans get a weekend leave from the Metroplitan Detention Center, and drive down to San Diego. You can tell the Raidahs fans on the freeways, because they're the ones getting out of their cars to start fist-fights... with other Raidahs fans!!! (No embellishment; that happened right in front of me on the freeway.)

Question: Does Raidahs fans' parole limit them from leaving the state? If so, then that means that Heinz Field won't be inundated with fist-fighting.

:lol:

I kid... (sort of).

Raidahs 27
Steelers 34

(Have you ever been stationed at Camp Pendelton? You can PM me your response...)

MarineRaider
11-06-2015, 01:04 PM
Sorry, man. It's been a busy week for me.

Here's some trash talk...

I live ive in San Diego. Once per season, the Raidahs fans get a weekend leave from the Metroplitan Detention Center, and drive down to San Diego. You can tell the Raidahs fans on the freeways, because they're the ones getting out of their cars to start fist-fights... with other Raidahs fans!!! (No embellishment; that happened right in front of me on the freeway.)

Question: Does Raidahs fans' parole limit them from leaving the state? If so, then that means that Heinz Field won't be inundated with fist-fighting.

:lol:

I kid... (sort of).

Raidahs 27
Steelers 34

(Have you ever been stationed at Camp Pendelton? You can PM me your response...)

No...I lived there as a kid, and was stationed in Yuma. I am originally from San Diego, and its funny because I have been to those games and every fight I saw was a Chargeless fan trying to be brave and getting wrecked.

Also we travel in Force haha

TeeTee
11-06-2015, 01:45 PM
No...I lived there as a kid, and was stationed in Yuma. I am originally from San Diego, and its funny because I have been to those games and every fight I saw was a Chargeless fan trying to be brave and getting wrecked.

Also we travel in Force haha

Jim Rome is from SO-Cal/SD area and his take on Raider fan is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nAxW-uqG-Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0-CFoi_zuo

silver & black
11-06-2015, 01:46 PM
Raiders fans shouldn't engage in smack talk at all...lol. They should just sit back, keep quiet hope that what we are seeing isn't just a bad joke ready to collapse at any moment...... which it very well might be!

Honestly, I don't think we win this game. Ben won't look like he did last week, and like Tee Tee said.... their WR core is better than ours, collectively. Our DB's are atrocious. If Ben has a good game and the passing game is on, we have no chance.

I know I sound like a stick in the mud fan, but I have to be real about my team. We are on the rise, but we aren't there yet.

teegre
11-06-2015, 02:18 PM
its funny because I have been to those games and every fight I saw was a Chargeless fan trying to be brave and getting wrecked.

In Chargeless fans' defense, they were (literally) four-year old girls going up against grown men. :lol:

(Again, no embellishment. I saw a group of 20-something Raidahs fans flicking cigarette butts at a group of toddler-aged Chargerettes.)

MarineRaider
11-06-2015, 02:22 PM
In Chargeless fans' defense, they were (literally) four-year old girls going up against grown men. :lol:

(Again, no embellishment. I saw a group of 20-something Raidahs fans flicking cigarette butts at a group of toddler-aged Chargerettes.)

That's terrible and as a Raider fan I would have had to do or say something about that. It's just a game, a little smack talk now and then is fun but only if it's known in the end as just fun. Being a douche like that I can only SMH

teegre
11-06-2015, 02:22 PM
Jim Rome is from SO-Cal/SD area and his take on Raider fan is hilarious.

Jim Rome = my hero

He grew up in So-Cal, attended Santa Barabara (where the majority of my friends went to college), and he got his start on the "Nifty 650" (Mighty 690) in San Diego.

Like most people in my age-bracket who lived in San Diego at the time, my formative years were influenced by his takes (that don't suck).

MarineRaider
11-06-2015, 02:25 PM
Raiders fans shouldn't engage in smack talk at all...lol. They should just sit back, keep quiet hope that what we are seeing isn't just a bad joke ready to collapse at any moment...... which it very well might be!

Honestly, I don't think we win this game. Ben won't look like he did last week, and like Tee Tee said.... their WR core is better than ours, collectively. Our DB's are atrocious. If Ben has a good game and the passing game is on, we have no chance.

I know I sound like a stick in the mud fan, but I have to be real about my team. We are on the rise, but we aren't there yet.

IDK man Ben has a worse record the second game back from injury and I think I read he tweaked his knee at the end of the Bengal game. We may end up seeing Vick before the end of the game on Sunday

- - - Updated - - -

I have always thought Rome was a jack wagon.....I thought watching him get a beatdown on his show was hilarious. I think it was a hockey player can't remember his name though

tube517
11-06-2015, 02:25 PM
Jim Rome = my hero

He grew up in So-Cal, attended Santa Barabara (where the majority of my friends went to college), and he got his start on the "Nifty 650" (Mighty 690) in San Diego.

Like most people in my age-bracket who lived in San Diego at the time, my formative years were influenced by his takes (that don't suck).

Just because of the smart ass in me, this is one of the stupidest yet funniest sports "journalist" moments in history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8pAZ75WKh8

TeeTee
11-06-2015, 02:27 PM

I don't blame you; you guys have had a rough patch ever since 2000, when you had the run with Rich Gannon only to have your former coach rip you in the Super Bowl. That is 15 years now, and you haven't just been not that good, you have mostly been terrible. I am not piling on, as you seem to realize this better than we do. I think the team has been a collective clown car, with an 80-some year old calling the shots. But now with Al passing, and some years in between, and the hiring of Del Rio - who I think is a decent coach - you might be truly progressing. It seems they have finally stopped being self-destructive and have some semblance of a plan in place. They say a team doesn't really start to build towards contention until you have a competent dude behind the center, a legit pass rusher and a stud at LT. It looks like Donald Penn is right around middle of the pack. But you got the other two keys in Carr and Mack.

As things sit now, this game could very well determine which of these teams makes the playoffs. Sure, sure, I know, tons of football and season left after this game, but it could very well come back to who wins this one. Raiders win they are 5-3 and Pgh would be 4-5. Steelers look like they have at least 3 more losses (vs. Seattle, Denver, Cinci) which at 8-8, they won't be seeing playoffs. Steelers need this win, pretty badly. If they would let call plays and go no huddle, they win. If not, could easily lose. This offense sucks with Haley calling the plays.

teegre
11-06-2015, 02:33 PM
That's terrible and as a Raider fan I would have had to do or say something about that. It's just a game, a little smack talk now and then is fun but only if it's known in the end as just fun. Being a douche like that I can only SMH

True. Most Raidahs fans are good people, but the bad ones are just really, really bad. Alas, the bad ones give the good ones a bad name.

That reminds me of a story...

I'm at the NYJets/Chargers playoff game in 2005. A Chargers fan grabs this 10-year old's NYJets hat, and throws it into a puddle. My brother picks up the hat, puts it on the kid's head, and consoles him. The douche fan yells at my brother, and my brother starts to stand up... when a dozen Chargers fans told the dude to get the eff out of the stadium: "We are NOT Raidahs fans... knock it off."

The douche was puzzled, and embarrassed... and he left the stadium.

The point: I am sure that you are the type of Raidahs fan who would have told the cigarette throwing clowns to "knock it off." :drink:

- - - Updated - - -

Just because of the smart ass in me, this is one of the stupidest yet funniest sports "journalist" moments in history:

:lol: Oh yes... the "Chris" Everett moment.

MarineRaider
11-06-2015, 02:33 PM
True. Most Raidahs fans are good people, but the bad ones are just really, really bad. Alas, the bad ones give the good ones a bad name.

That reminds me of a story...

I'm at the NYJets/Chargers playoff game in 2005. A Chargers fan grabs this 10-year old's NYJets hat, and throws it into a puddle. My brother picks up the hat, puts it on the kid's head, and consoles him. The douche fan yells at my brother, and my brother starts to stand up... when a dozen Chargers fans told the dude to get the eff out of the stadium: "We are NOT Raidahs fans... knock it off."

The douche was puzzled, and embarrassed... and he left the stadium.

The point: I am sure that you are the type of Raidahs fan who would have told the cigarette throwing clowns to "knock it off." :drink:

In not so many words haha :-)

TeeTee
11-06-2015, 03:30 PM
Jim Rome = my hero

Tegree, I love me some Romie, even now. Love his show on Showtime. Some of the best entertainment on TV. I used to listen to him every day, but he's not on the radio, have to find him on line and I do. I looked around for his "take" on raider fan, but didn't find what I was looking for, so, to the best of my memory, I give you:

"Don't talk to Raider fan. As a matter of fact, don't you even look at Raider fan. If you do, he might stab you. Do not engage with Raider fan in any way, if you don't want stabbed, shot or beat up. Just don't do it."

TeeTee
11-06-2015, 03:42 PM

It put Romie on the map. I bet there isn't a minute on any day that he regrets it. I never really knew who he was until this event. I thought he was just some smarmy, smart ass dill hole. Sometimes his radio show would be the most funny chit out there in any forum, any subject, period. Clone on clone crime. Lesbian blasts. Softball guy. Gym guy. Corvette guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMfqbR8Ujlk

Steelerschik
11-06-2015, 04:44 PM
I can't be the only one on here who remembers the Stabler/Tatum years and that awesome rivalry. Even though we haven't beat them like in those days, I just can't hate the raiders like I did then. Maybe it's because they've beaten us as of late, maybe it's because there's no more Lamberts or Tatums anymore and even if there were, they aren't allowed to play like they did. I would love to have that hate back.

ALLD
11-06-2015, 05:03 PM
In that interview with Everett, Rome looks like the lesbian on MSNBC.

Rotorhead
11-06-2015, 05:07 PM
The Raiders are definitely on the upswing, I don't think they are there yet though. As for the 3 losses, we could have already beat the Bungles, so counting that as an automatic loss is just moronic. Seattle isnt exactly killing it right now. The Broncos offense has to show me they can string together some good offense games before I will write that game off. We need this game for sure, I think we will take it for a couple reasons:

1 We are at home and they are traveling across the country
2 Ben will be better this game
3 Our Def is better than most realize, that will be the difference this week
4 D Williams is a starting RB for most teams, so the drop off will only be in the passing game, where we really don't need the help.

We will lose if Ben has another bad game.

86WARD
11-06-2015, 06:10 PM
Which Ben normally does in the second game back from injury...

salamander
11-06-2015, 07:27 PM
Yepp. Ben is still hurting which is the key factor.

tube517
11-07-2015, 08:03 AM
I can't be the only one on here who remembers the Stabler/Tatum years and that awesome rivalry. Even though we haven't beat them like in those days, I just can't hate the raiders like I did then. Maybe it's because they've beaten us as of late, maybe it's because there's no more Lamberts or Tatums anymore and even if there were, they aren't allowed to play like they did. I would love to have that hate back.

I feel the exact same way....there are no characters to hate like there were in the 70s. But, that was real football back then as opposed to this flag football today.

fansince'76
11-07-2015, 08:09 AM

Check that, Chris Everett, good to have you on the show! :lol:

86WARD
11-07-2015, 08:43 AM
Jim Rome is a dope. Pretty much the white version of Steven Smith.

silver & black
11-07-2015, 09:59 AM

Trust me.... I remember! It's why I come here.... that, and all my friends are Steelers fans.... even my own mother!:noidea:

As far as hating the Raiders.... if you were a Raiders fan, you'd find it easier. :lol:

tube517
11-07-2015, 10:13 AM
Trust me.... I remember! It's why I come here.... that, and all my friends are Steelers fans.... even my own mother!:noidea:

As far as hating the Raiders.... if you were a Raiders fan, you'd find it easier. :lol:

Villapiano, Hendricks, Upshaw/Shell, Casper, Branch, Sistrunk, Matuszak, Tatum/Atkinson, Stabler, Van Eeghen etc etc etc.....those guys were fun to hate.

Shoes
11-07-2015, 10:17 AM
Well the Raiders aren't 1-6, so I'd say the Steelers have a good chance of winning.

fansince'76
11-07-2015, 10:18 AM
Villapiano, Hendricks, Upshaw/Shell, Casper, Branch, Sistrunk, Matuszak, Tatum/Atkinson, Stabler, Van Eeghen etc etc etc.....those guys were fun to hate.

Yep, I remember too...

fansince'76
11-07-2015, 10:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE6kEMpiUWs

silver & black
11-07-2015, 10:45 AM

I loved those guys.:wink02:

NCSteeler
11-07-2015, 11:07 AM
I figure neither team brings a defense, last man with the ball wins. Steelers 44-38 . If Ben is still hurting and they utilize last weeks game plan Raiders 35-10

zulater
11-07-2015, 12:01 PM
I got a good feeling about this game. Steelers 27-20

steel striker
11-07-2015, 12:05 PM
I think the steelers will get back on track 31-17.

SteelerFanInStl
11-07-2015, 12:09 PM

I remember those years very well. There simply hasn't been a reason to hate the Raiders since then. Madden still hates the Steelers.

zulater
11-07-2015, 12:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE6kEMpiUWs

Cool. I've been wanting to see that again forever!

MarineRaider
11-09-2015, 09:28 AM
Man that was a good game, the back and forth was amazing. Sorry about Ben getting hurt again, but doesn't appear to be serious yet. Turnovers are a killer in this league we had 4 you had 2 and that is the game in a nutshell. :alcohol:

fansince'76
11-09-2015, 09:57 AM
Man that was a good game, the back and forth was amazing. Sorry about Ben getting hurt again, but doesn't appear to be serious yet. Turnovers are a killer in this league we had 4 you had 2 and that is the game in a nutshell. :alcohol:

Agreed, it was a very good game. The Raiders have some really good young players (Carr, Cooper and Murray especially) and it looks like Crabtree is turning out to be a very successful reclamation project as well. Best of luck on the rest of your season! :drink:

TeeTee
11-09-2015, 02:12 PM
LOL

After seeing them drop 35 on us, do you agree maybe you should have worried a little about them?

SteelerFanInStl
11-09-2015, 04:23 PM
Agreed, it was a very good game. The Raiders have some really good young players (Carr, Cooper and Murray especially) and it looks like Crabtree is turning out to be a very successful reclamation project as well. Best of luck on the rest of your season! :drink:

It's pretty funny how Crabtree has apparently "blossomed" after switching teams. It's amazing what going to a team with an actual QB can do for a WR.

TeeTee
11-09-2015, 04:53 PM
It's pretty funny how Crabtree has apparently "blossomed" after switching teams. It's amazing what going to a team with an actual QB can do for a WR.

Look no further than A Brown with Ben throwing him the rock instead of a non-QB (Vick).