PDA

View Full Version : TPOP: Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!?!

teegre
11-03-2015, 10:27 AM
The Steelers' season is not over. We are at a season low, but it will get better.

Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!
by Tiger Rowan

Relax. Calm down. Put down the razor blades. I know, I know: after Sunday’s loss, the Steelers are now three games behind the Bengals. But, the Steelers’ season is far from over.

For whatever reason, Steeler fans always want to obsess over the negatives, and after a loss like that, I can empathize… to a degree. But, for the love of Pete, stop with all of the “woe is us” self pity. There are plenty of teams that have had setbacks, but it is not the end of the world. Since so many Steeler fans are insistent about harping on the negatives, I shall instead focus solely on the positives.

Read more:
http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/steelers-going-forward-was-it-over-when-the-germans-bombed-pearl-harbor/

Feel free to pass this along to anyone who may need a dose of optimism.

tube517
11-03-2015, 10:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI :lol:

teegre
11-03-2015, 10:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI :lol:

I'm rolling. :nod:

86WARD
11-03-2015, 11:08 AM
I like the positivity...I'm holding out hope but a loss to the raiders or Browns will doom this team IMO. I agree Ben will be better...its just how he is. DeAngelo is more than good enough as long as he can stay healthy. And as long as Boykin doesn't see the field, they should be fine.

tube517
11-03-2015, 11:14 AM
I like the positivity...I'm holding out hope but a loss to the raiders or Browns will doom this team IMO. I agree Ben will be better...its just how he is. DeAngelo is more than good enough as long as he can stay healthy. And as long as Boykin doesn't see the field, they should be fine.

:chuckle:

hawaiiansteeler
11-03-2015, 12:12 PM
classic line from one of the all-time best movies ever!

and one game at a time, this Raiders game is pretty much a must-win for us...

teegre
11-03-2015, 12:51 PM

Nicely done. :applaudit:

- - - Updated - - -

and one game at a time, this Raiders game is pretty much a must-win for us...

Eleven one-game seasons... just like 2005... which was a season that was, at first, derailed by injuries. :wink02:

hawaiiansteeler
11-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Eleven one-game seasons... just like 2005... which was a season that was, at first, derailed by injuries. :wink02:

since we'll most likely get a wildcard spot, would that make it twelve one-game seasons?

teegre
11-03-2015, 01:01 PM
since we'll most likely get a wildcard spot, would that make it twelve one-game seasons?

Hmmm.... I was thinking 12-4, and then 3 more victories in order to win the SuperBowl.

But, Cincy might be 12-4, as well... and would likely hold the tie-breakers.

So, Yes, twelve one-game seasons!!!

hawaiiansteeler
11-03-2015, 01:10 PM
Hmmm.... I was thinking 12-4, and then 3 more victories in order to win the SuperBowl.

But, Cincy might be 12-4, as well... and would likely hold the tie-breakers.

So, Yes, twelve one-game seasons!!!

a good plan but this is all dependent on Boykin not seeing the field, of course :chuckle:

teegre
11-03-2015, 01:44 PM
a good plan but this is all dependent on Boykin not seeing the field, of course :chuckle:

Obviously.

Less Boykin, more Archer.

Victory!!!

teegre
11-04-2015, 05:51 PM
I was discussing elsewhere... what if the Steelers go into the bye week 5-5... or, worse yet: 4-6???

Some were saying to can the season.

I, on the other hand, think that the AFC is so bottom-heavy, that 9-7 would get the sixth wildcard spot. Of course, that would mean going 4-2 (or 5-1) after the bye... but, I'm not writing the season off, even if they end up with a 4-6 record.

Broncos, Tapes, Colts, Bengals win the divisions. The rest of the AFC South is already eliminated. The Raidahs are the only contender in the AFC West. And, the NYJets, Dolphins, & Bills make teams three, four, & five with whom the Steelers have to compete for one of those two spots... but, they'll knock each other out of contention.

Five teams.
Two spots.
The Steelers are currently third of those five.

Even if the Steelers enter the bye at 4-6, I still like their chances. Why? Look at the quarterbacks. Derek Carr is the only one who is anywhere near Ben's level. This season shall go, as Ben goes... and, I see him regaining 100% of his true form (after the bye week).

1-1
bye
5-1
Playoffs!!!

hawaiiansteeler
11-04-2015, 06:05 PM
Even if the Steelers enter the bye at 4-6, I still like their chances.

4 of our last 6 games are on the road...

teegre
11-04-2015, 06:14 PM
4 of our last 6 games are on the road...

True.

But, BB will be at 100% by that time.

I just have a feeling. Plus, a professor/friend from UCSD did some sort of algorithm wherein he found that the Steelers will go 6-2 in their final eight games. One loss was to a good team, one loss was to a horrible team, and the other six are nail biters (but wins).

It's math.

vasteeler
11-04-2015, 07:09 PM
True.

I just have a feeling. Plus, a professor/friend from UCSD did some sort of algorithm wherein he found that the Steelers will go 6-2 in their final eight games. One loss was to a good team, one loss was to a horrible team, and the other six are nail biters (but wins).

It's math.

and so it is written.....

hawaiiansteeler
11-04-2015, 07:40 PM
True.

It's math.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9d7oG4WTyY

ETL
11-04-2015, 07:41 PM
And as long as Boykin doesn't see the field, they should be fine.

who's Boykin?

StillCurtains
11-05-2015, 01:22 AM
The Steelers' season is not over. We are at a season low, but it will get better.

Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!
by Tiger Rowan

Relax. Calm down. Put down the razor blades. I know, I know: after Sunday’s loss, the Steelers are now three games behind the Bengals. But, the Steelers’ season is far from over.

For whatever reason, Steeler fans always want to obsess over the negatives, and after a loss like that, I can empathize… to a degree. But, for the love of Pete, stop with all of the “woe is us” self pity. There are plenty of teams that have had setbacks, but it is not the end of the world. Since so many Steeler fans are insistent about harping on the negatives, I shall instead focus solely on the positives.

Read more:
http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/steelers-going-forward-was-it-over-when-the-germans-bombed-pearl-harbor/

Feel free to pass this along to anyone who may need a dose of optimism.

I know, besides the players we lost for the year, we just have to get the other guys that are banged up back on the field and stay there. We have to get some wins going starting with Oakland. If and when we get our guys back, it will probably be a struggle in performance at first with the lack of continuity and chemistry.

I feel this is the best team in the league. If these things happen I think we will win this thing!

86WARD
11-05-2015, 04:23 AM
who's Boykin?

He's a black player that Tomlin doesn't like.

teegre
11-05-2015, 07:02 AM
I know, besides the players we lost for the year, we just have to get the other guys that are banged up back on the field and stay there. We have to get some wins going starting with Oakland. If and when we get our guys back, it will probably be a struggle in performance at first with the lack of continuity and chemistry.

I feel this is the best team in the league. If these things happen I think we will win this thing!

I couldn't agree more.

No other team has receiving threats like AB, Bryant, & Heath. Heck, even Wheaton & DHB are solid-to-good. And, even if a team happened to have receivers in the same general area as those, that team probably doesn't have Ben.

The season goes as Ben goes.

If the defense can hold teams to 16 ppg, a healing BB can easily put up 17ppg. 16ppg for this defense is extremely attainable. They're currently at 17ppg, and they just keep getting better. Everyone is screaming about Denver's defense (which is great), but Denver has ZERO offense. I'd take the Steelers defense (about fifth best in the league) with the Steelers offense (potentially he top overall offense) any day of the week.

Game plan:
1. Keep BB healthy.
2. Win.
3. Repeat.

tube517
11-05-2015, 12:39 PM
I couldn't agree more.

No other team has receiving threats like AB, Bryant, & Heath. Heck, even Wheaton & DHB are solid-to-good. And, even if a team happened to have receivers in the same general area as those, that team probably doesn't have Ben.

If the defense can hold teams to 16 ppg, a healing BB can easily put up 17ppg. 16ppg for this defense is extremely attainable. They're currently at 17ppg, and they just keep getting better. Everyone is screaming about Denver's defense (which is great), but Denver has ZERO offense. I'd take the Steelers defense (about fifth best in the league) with the Steelers offense (potentially he top overall offense) any day of the week.

Game plan:
1. Keep BB healthy.
2. Win.
3. Repeat.
4. Shine up the cool shades.

Fixed! :chuckle:

teegre
11-05-2015, 02:27 PM
Fixed! :chuckle:

Game plan:
1. Keep BB healthy.
2. Win.
3. Repeat.
4. Shine up the cool shades.
5. Be second-guessed by Monday morning Internet GMs.

StillCurtains
11-05-2015, 05:22 PM
I couldn't agree more.

Game plan:
1. Keep BB healthy.
2. Win.
3. Repeat.

Exactly!

There's alot to be said when you've faced some of the best teams with the top offenses winning one and losing 2 close ones without all of your pieces and holding them all to their lowest point totals.

Denver, while playing a great game vs Green Bay and having a stout defense, has been healthy and Green Bay was their toughest test offensively. The thing about Green Bay is they have been significantly slowed offensively in recent weeks prior to the Denver game. As much attention as Green Bay's offense gets, they still don't have the talent Pittsburgh has offensively as you've mentioned.

Pittsburgh has played better offenses than Denver, and a healthy Steeler offense is too much for Denver's defense to account for even without Bell.

I've watched the remarks of the analysts covering the highlights of our game vs Cinci. Their comments were that Cinci is now for real after beating Pittsburgh. They've mentioned that Dalton has grown up winning the game after his picks. They also said that Pittsburgh's defense is underrated.

Really? Since when has the media talked about our defense being underrated before this game? Now they say that Cinci is for real after facing a Pittsburgh team that was without Bell for 2 and a half quarters, without Pouncey, without Tuitt, without Will Allen, and a hobbled and rusty Ben Roethlisberger?

Dalton has only thrown 2 picks in his first 6 games. Now they say he's grown up vs Pittsburgh by winning it in the end? Pittsburgh is the first team this season to bring Dalton down to earth. He has 4 picks on the year with 2 of them vs Pittsburgh.

His 2 picks were in the 4th quarter. Now the media gives him credit for pulling it together and winning it in the end? It was Ben's rust and being hobbled throwing 2 picks in the 4th of his own that lost that game, not Dalton winning it. I find it laughable that the media only seems to turn Pittsburgh into a giant to show the validity of another team beating us.

The only thing that concerns me about this team is their health.

teegre
11-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Exactly!

There's alot to be said when you've faced some of the best teams with the top offenses winning one and losing 2 close ones without all of your pieces and holding them all to their lowest point totals.

Denver, while playing a great game vs Green Bay and having a stout defense, has been healthy and Green Bay was their toughest test offensively. The thing about Green Bay is they have been significantly slowed offensively in recent weeks prior to the Denver game. As much attention as Green Bay's offense gets, they still don't have the talent Pittsburgh has offensively as you've mentioned.

Pittsburgh has played better offenses than Denver, and a healthy Steeler offense is too much for Denver's defense to account for even without Bell.

I've watched the remarks of the analysts covering the highlights of our game vs Cinci. Their comments were that Cinci is now for real after beating Pittsburgh. They've mentioned that Dalton has grown up winning the game after his picks. They also said that Pittsburgh's defense is underrated.

Really? Since when has the media talked about our defense being underrated before this game? Now they say that Cinci is for real after facing a Pittsburgh team that was without Bell for 2 and a half quarters, without Pouncey, without Tuitt, without Will Allen, and a hobbled and rusty Ben Roethlisberger?

Dalton has only thrown 2 picks in his first 6 games. Now they say he's grown up vs Pittsburgh by winning it in the end? Pittsburgh is the first team this season to bring Dalton down to earth. He has 4 picks on the year with 2 of them vs Pittsburgh.

His 2 picks were in the 4th quarter. Now the media gives him credit for pulling it together and winning it in the end? It was Ben's rust and being hobbled throwing 2 picks in the 4th of his own that lost that game, not Dalton winning it. I find it laughable that the media only seems to turn Pittsburgh into a giant to show the validity of another team beating us.

The only thing that concerns me about this team is their health.

I hear you. It's annoying when the talking heads try so hard to find the "next" guy. Dalton has turned the corner... uh, no. As you said, he's the same old Dalton that we've always seen; the difference was that BB was rusty and was equally as crappy. If BB had been even 90% of his usual self, it would have been a victory.

Let me try to spin this in a positive way, though.

Reading between the lines, the media is seeing Pittsburgh as a true contender. It's not like they were saying "Dalton only beat the Steelers"... they were saying "Holy crap!!! Dalton beat the Steelers!!!"

True, they might have ben merely saying that, in order to pump up their "next" guy... but, I think that honestly, people are starting to take notice of this defense. The Broncos and Seahawks have gotten all of the headlines, but quietly, the Steelers have been playing some of the best defense in the league.

I think people were expecting this to be an offense-first team, starring Bell, AB, BB, Bryant. So, when the offense sputtered (got injured), the media sort of wrote off the Steelers. When in reality, it has been a defensive team, starring Heyward, Tuitt, Shazier, Dupree. Like all things, the sports writers are just a few weeks behind reality.

Lastly, as you said: health is my only concern. I'd keep BB healthy at all costs. Get him a masseuse, and his own row in the plane, and ice him down while in the air. :lol:

StillCurtains
11-05-2015, 07:27 PM
I hear you. It's annoying when the talking heads try so hard to find the "next" guy. Dalton has turned the corner... uh, no. As you said, he's the same old Dalton that we've always seen; the difference was that BB was rusty and was equally as crappy. If BB had been even 90% of his usual self, it would have been a victory.

Let me try to spin this in a positive way, though.

Reading between the lines, the media is seeing Pittsburgh as a true contender. It's not like they were saying "Dalton only beat the Steelers"... they were saying "Holy crap!!! Dalton beat the Steelers!!!"

True, they might have ben merely saying that, in order to pump up their "next" guy... but, I think that honestly, people are starting to take notice of this defense. The Broncos and Seahawks have gotten all of the headlines, but quietly, the Steelers have been playing some of the best defense in the league.

I think people were expecting this to be an offense-first team, starring Bell, AB, BB, Bryant. So, when the offense sputtered (got injured), the media sort of wrote off the Steelers. When in reality, it has been a defensive team, starring Heyward, Tuitt, Shazier, Dupree. Like all things, the sports writers are just a few weeks behind reality.

Lastly, as you said: health is my only concern. I'd keep BB healthy at all costs. Get him a masseuse, and his own row in the plane, and ice him down while in the air. :lol:

LOL... So true! Nice post my man!

teegre
11-05-2015, 09:41 PM
LOL... So true! Nice post my man!

:drink: