PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE:Bell on IR, out for the season

StillCurtains
11-01-2015, 08:51 PM
Geez, I hate to be the barrer of bad news but Bell has been reported to be out for the season by the Behind the Steel Curtain website with a torn MCL.

I apologize for not posting the link. This just sucks. We may make the playoffs but if we do, we won't go far without him. Who has the vudoo doll on this team for this nerve racking season?

Steeldude
11-01-2015, 09:10 PM
Geez, I hate to be the barrer of bad news but Bell has been reported to be out for the season by the Behind the Steel Curtain website with a torn MCL.

I apologize for not posting the link. This just sucks. We may make the playoffs but if we do, we won't go far without him. Who has the vudoo doll on this team for this nerve racking season?

Losing Bell adds to the problems already existing. IMO, Williams will be fine in place of Bell. The problem is if they refuse to use him like Bell.

Shoes
11-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Steelers to bring in Isaiah Pead.
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/11/report-steelers-to-bring-in-isaiah-pead/

hawaiiansteeler
11-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Report: Steelers to put Le'Veon Bell on season-ending IR pending MRI results of torn MCL

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/11/1/9656668/report-steelers-to-put-leveon-bell-on-season-ending-ir-pending-mri

st33lersguy
11-01-2015, 09:15 PM
Well, there goes our season. Bell is done and Ben is not 100%. All we can hope now is hope Cincinnati goes 1 and done again and that Baltimoron continues to suck

Steeldude
11-01-2015, 09:15 PM
Steelers to bring in Isaiah Pead.
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/11/report-steelers-to-bring-in-isaiah-pead/

Which goes to show even the Steelers' coaches know Archer is not a RB or a WR. So why exactly does Tomlin keep Archer? It's really hard to support Tomlin's moronic personnel decisions.

fansince'76
11-01-2015, 09:16 PM
...pending MRI results of torn MCL

So, how do they know it's torn if the MRI results aren't in? Pretty big matzo ball hanging out there. Really tired of the media jumping the gun trying to be first with a "scoop."

StillCurtains
11-01-2015, 09:26 PM
So, how do they know it's torn if the MRI results aren't in? Pretty big matzo ball hanging out there. Really tired of the media jumping the gun trying to be first with a "scoop."

Sorry to say but I doubt they would report this if they were not sure. I'm not holding hope on it. The fact that the team is already preparing to put him on season IR is not a good sign.

fansince'76
11-01-2015, 09:48 PM
Again, how can they be "sure" when the MRI results are not in? That is why they have MRIs to begin with.

And La Canfora, and even moreso Ian Makeupareport are notorious for spewing unsubstantiated BS and then erasing the tweets in question when they turn out to be false.

StillCurtains
11-01-2015, 09:54 PM
Again, how can they be "sure" when the MRI results are not in? That is why they have MRIs to begin with.

I'm not sure how that works man. They know more than we do though and I don't want you to get your hopes up. This is just typical of the season we've been having. Never seen anything like this.

fansince'76
11-01-2015, 09:57 PM
I'm not sure how that works man. They know more than we do though and I don't want you to get your hopes up. This is just typical of the season we've been having. Never seen anything like this.

Well, no, when it comes to La Canfora and his ilk, they really don't, generally. And then 20 others retweet the same misinformation, and so on and on.

I don't have my hopes up - I know for a fact that Bell won't be right for the rest of the season, regardless of outcome. I'm just sick and tired of these pseudo-journalists tweeting BS just to be "first" and then never being held accountable when they're wrong.

Sorry, but "oops, my bad" (deletes tweet) doesn't cut it anymore.

Shoes
11-01-2015, 10:04 PM
Well, no, when it comes to La Canfora and his ilk, they really don't, generally. And then 20 others retweet the same misinformation, and so on and on.

I don't have my hopes up - I know for a fact that Bell won't be right for the rest of the season, regardless of outcome. I'm just sick and tired of these pseudo-journalists tweeting BS just to be "first" and then never being held accountable when they're wrong.

I believe the doctors are able to make a pretty good call without the MRI, just by the way the leg is moved and feels.

StillCurtains
11-01-2015, 10:10 PM

No what I meant is the information that the team has gotten from the doctors as a source. If the team anticipates to IR him, it's bad.

fansince'76
11-01-2015, 10:36 PM
I believe the doctors are able to make a pretty good call without the MRI, just by the way the leg is moved and feels.

Good point. :drink:

No what I meant is the information that the team has gotten from the doctors as a source. If the team anticipates to IR him, it's bad.

Point taken. :drink:

katmandu
11-01-2015, 10:38 PM

And La Canfora, and even moreso Ian Makeupareport are notorious for spewing unsubstantiated BS and then erasing the tweets in question when they turn out to be false.http://www.fpnotebook.com/_media/orthoKneeValgusStress30.jpg

fansince'76
11-01-2015, 10:40 PM
So what is the test? To see how loud he hollers? :chuckle:

That looks like it would be painful even with a healthy knee! :horror:

katmandu
11-01-2015, 10:46 PM
So what is the test? To see how loud he hollers? :chuckle:

LMAO! I'm with ya brother! At this point all we can do is LAUGH cause this whole season has been fubard' ! Never seen such bad luck and follies since I started following the Steelers way back in the early 70s!

Hey! Maybe we can get a high draft pick !

fansince'76
11-01-2015, 10:48 PM
LMAO! I'm with ya brother! At this point all we can do is LAUGH cause this whole season has been fubard' ! Never seen such bad luck and follies since I started following the Steelers way back in the early 70s!

Yeah, we've really been snakebit by injuries this season. However, at least the defense has been a lot better than most people thought it would be.

katmandu
11-01-2015, 10:53 PM
Yeah, we've really been snakebit by injuries this season. However, at least the defense has been a lot better than most people thought it would be.The D did a GREAT job today. Just like you said.

Much better that everyone thought.

B&GFever
11-01-2015, 11:13 PM
I am hearing MCL and PCL both torn ... from the pics and video replay its bent pretty far in the wrong direction and if a picture really does speak 1000 words this could be Sean Spence bad , I pray it is not but it certainly does not look good

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSxpz9uUkAAjCkL.jpg

https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/akk8AjYN_amQPn6PhPUPbw--/YXBwaWQ9c3JjaGRkO2g9Njk4O3E9OTU7dz0xMjQw/https://curiosoando.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/hiperextension_rodilla_deporte.jpg

steelreserve
11-01-2015, 11:25 PM
I am hearing MCL and PCL both torn ... from the pics and video replay its bent pretty far in the wrong direction and if a picture really does speak 1000 words this could be Sean Spence bad , I pray it is not but it certainly does not look good

That really does not look like the same thing at all. Spence's knee is completely in the wrong direction. Bell's leg is mostly pointed the right way, just with a dude landing sideways on it. It definitely looks like the side is getting fucked up, but nowhere near the same thing. As long as he doesn't have a torn ACL, at least he should be back for next year at 100%. That's about the best you can hope for in this shitfuck of a season.

B&GFever
11-01-2015, 11:31 PM
That really does not look like the same thing at all. Spence's knee is completely in the wrong direction. Bell's leg is mostly pointed the right way, just with a dude landing sideways on it. It definitely looks like the side is getting fucked up, but nowhere near the same thing. As long as he doesn't have a torn ACL, at least he should be back for next year at 100%. That's about the best you can hope for in this shitfuck of a season.

granted the pos is different but the degree of wrong pos is as bad I think ( But I am no Dr. or proclaim to be ) , but accounting for one man hitting him on one direction while a 260 pound guy lands on the leg while its in a severely twisted state is asking a whole lot of that joint and the tendons within ( while spence only had his own weight on it )

StillCurtains
11-01-2015, 11:39 PM

Yup! I never seen anything close to this season. I'm going to get an injection of novacane before game time for the rest of this season.

TD's & Beer
11-02-2015, 12:05 AM
Trade somebody for somebody

86WARD
11-02-2015, 05:08 AM

And La Canfora, and even moreso Ian Makeupareport are notorious for spewing unsubstantiated BS and then erasing the tweets in question when they turn out to be false.

I guess a doctor could make an educated guess based on the movement, feelings and possibly some sort of X-Ray/ultrasound other than an official MRI and that the MRI is necessary to get to the confirmation of the doctors decision and to see the severity? Just a guess...

86WARD
11-02-2015, 05:09 AM
Trade somebody for somebody

I'm sure Archer would bring in a top notch back...I mean he is a Top-10 returner in the league...

Count Steeler
11-02-2015, 05:13 AM

Did Tomlin call it a "boo-boo" in his post game? Sure sign of at least 4 weeks.

The way this season has gone, Bell is done. Fortunately, his back up is not as big of a drop off as Ben to Landry Jones.

However, we have dug ourselves a pretty big hole in the division and in the conference. Sure we may be 6th seed today, but when the dust settles in 9 more weeks, our tie breakers will suck. And, at best, if we make the playoffs, I think we will be one and done.

lipps83
11-02-2015, 07:07 AM
In all honesty, before Bell came back from suspension the offense looked fluid (stupid plays called against the Pats not withstanding). When he came back (even before Ben got hurt) it seemed they were forcing the ball his way. Williams has played great in his absence, including yesterday. I honestly don't see this as much of a loss, yes he is a great player, but not one that the offense can't live without.

He will be missed more in the passing game instead of the running game. They honestly don't need him in the passing game, there are enough weapons.

And yes, Bell is one of the best backs in the league, but the way this offense is built he is not irreplaceable.

86WARD
11-02-2015, 07:15 AM
The offense did look good without Bell and Bryant.

katmandu
11-02-2015, 07:32 AM
I have YET to read ANYWHERE that Bell has yet to have the MRI ? Lot a bulllshiittt all over the web, but NO FACTS that an MRI has yet to be done !

In most injuries like Bell's, the docs wait 24-48hrs for the swelling to go down BEFORE getting the MRI done.

Do did Bell have the MRI yet or not ?? BASE YOUR ANSWER OF FACTS PLEASE !

SteelMayhem72
11-02-2015, 07:45 AM
I cant stand to watch this train wreck of season anymore...i just cant handle it...i may be done watching this season...my heart cant take anymore

katmandu
11-02-2015, 07:55 AM
I cant stand to watch this train wreck of season anymore...i just cant handle it...i may be done watching this season...my heart cant take anymoreDude I'll tell you what, this season has by FAR been the most difficult to watch. I don't know about you, but I get anxious as hell watching games anymore.

It's like constantly worrying about WTF horrible to about to happen on every single play. Real shiiitty feeling. I'm sure most here will agree.

zulater
11-02-2015, 07:56 AM
According to Adam Shefter a doctor is coming in from out of town today to examine LeVeon. No determination has been made as of yet, but the Steelers suspect that Bell is done for the year and if they hear what they expect from this doctor then he'll most likely be placed on season ending IR.

Now here's my opinion. If there's so much as a 1-100 chance that he could ply and play effectively before the Super Bowl is played then I'm keeping him on the roster and placing him on the inactive list every game until such time as you've either been eliminated from the playoffs or your season comes to an end.

Need a roster spot? Can't preserve a precious roster spot at the outside chance he comes back? Bullshit. We've got two absolute roster spots right now being occupied by empty uniforms. Cut Mike Vick and Dri Archer now! This effing minute. At least that way something positive will come out of Bell's injury whether he comes back or not.

Archer as we know does nothing but return kicks poorly. Can't return punts. Can't play offense or even contribute as a gunner on defensive special teams situations. A total waste of a roster spot. Markus Wheaton proved to be a much better kick returner when given the job last season. If he goes down there's a half dozen candidates to take a knee in the end zone 4 or 5 times a game.

Mike Vick has brought bad karma to this team from the moment he signed. I'm not much into voo doo and supernatural b.s. and I was fine with his signing, but let's face it besides being a piss poor qb at this point of his career, he's also a bad dude. Yes he paid for his crime. And yes there's other guys in the league who are as bad or worse. But they're not Steelers. Being a Steeler should mean something besides excellence on the field. And I'm sure Maurkice Pouncey going down three days after Vicks signing is coincidental. But you know what? At some point after good player after good player misses games after injury you almost wonder if this team is cursed? And just at that off chance it is you need your sacrifice. Bye bye Mick. Have fun in Virginia beach. And stay away from dogs. You piece of shit. :mad:

Rant over. :lol:

katmandu
11-02-2015, 08:06 AM
Mike Vick has brought bad karma to this team from the moment he signed. I'm not much into voo doo and supernatural b.s. and I was fine with his signing, but let's face it besides being a piss poor qb at this point of his career, he's also a bad dude. Yes he paid for his crime. And yes there's other guys in the league who are as bad or worse.I agree with what you said up until the Michael Vick part.

I would agree with you 1000% "IF" Vick had NOT been a "real man" and take 100% OWNERSHIP and RESPONSIBILITY for the God awful crimes he committed.

Vick has done the above and has totally turned his life around. That alone is truly remarkable for ANY human being to do. The man (every man to include YOU and I) deserve to be FORGIVEN for our sins. I am NOT a huge religious but I too believe in KARMA (like you do) and holding on the HATRED will only bring BAD Karma!

Vick's actions AFTER he accepted total ownership and responsibility should serve as an EXAMPLE for ALL to emulate !

To ALL you Vick haters..... FORGIVE THE MAN LIKE YOU WOULD WANT TO BE FORGIVEN and STOP HATING.

katmandu
11-02-2015, 08:16 AM
According to Adam Shefter a doctor is coming in from out of town today to examine LeVeon. No determination has been made as of yet, but the Steelers suspect that Bell is done for the year and if they hear what they expect from this doctor then he'll most likely be placed on season ending IR.This doesn't sound right at all. Knees are not rocket engines. A "special" doc from outer space does not need to be flown in.

I'm sure the Steeler's know his MCL is torn by other doc's exams but an MRI still has NOT been done to confirm the severity of the damage.

Even if it's not torn, give this same knee was damaged last year would IMHO be enough to place Bell on season ending IR. The team (and US) just need to suck it up and move on.

zulater
11-02-2015, 08:24 AM
[QUOTE=katmandu;517171]I agree with what you said up until the Michael Vick part.

I would agree with you 1000% "IF" Vick had NOT been a "real man" and take 100% OWNERSHIP and RESPONSIBILITY for the God awful crimes he committed.

Vick has done the above and has totally turned his life around. That alone is truly remarkable for ANY human being to do. The man (every man to include YOU and I) deserve to be FORGIVEN for our sins. I am NOT a huge religious but I too believe in KARMA (like you do) and holding on the HATRED will only bring BAD Karma!

Vick's actions AFTER he accepted total ownership and responsibility should serve as an EXAMPLE for ALL to emulate !
[

A few things.
1) I'm venting. I'm pissed off and disappointed in the train wreck our season has become.

2) Yes Vick has satisfied his legal obligations. Yes he has every right to pursue a lively hood including being an NFL player.

3) But he stinks as an NFL player. Let him ply huis trade elsewhere.

4) And just because you served your time and have a right to a second chance doesn't mean I have to be the one that give it to you, nor am I compelled to forgive you.

In addition to plunking down $34,000 to buy the Smithfield, Virginia, property where dozens of dogs were chained to car axles buried in the ground while they fought, sometimes to the death, in front of betting spectators, Vick and his co-defendants admitted to killing at least six (but perhaps as many as eight) dogs who did not display sufficiently aggressive traits during the "testing" process.

Several of those dogs were shot; at least two were were hosed down, then electrocuted. Three dogs were hanged, according to a report by the USDA inspector general, "by placing a nylon cord over a 2 x 4 that was nailed to two trees;" three more dogs were drowned "by putting the dogs' heads in a 5 gallon bucket of water."

Vick, with his partner, Quanis Phillips, killed yet another dog "by slamming it to the ground several times before it died, breaking the dog's back or neck." When another of his dogs was disqualified after jumping out of the ring during a fight, Vick had his associate, Purnell Peace, shoot that dog in the head with a .22 caliber pistol.

When federal officers raided Vick's property in 2007, they rescued 53 pit bulls. They also found nine pit bull carcasses, took samples of two skeletal remains, collected spent shell casings, syringes, and "pieces of plywood flooring and dry wall covered with dark stains believed to be canine blood." (Tests later confirmed, yes, the stains were dog blood.)

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/reminder-michael-vicks-dogs-were-shot-electrocuted-hanged-and-beaten-to-death-6702521

Someone who can literally laugh out loud while a living being is tortured is depraved. Depravity as is the case with child molesters can be hidden when the sun shines and they're in open view to society. But does it ever really leave? Is it my obligation to give them that benefit of the doubt?

You forgive him if you want. Judge me as being less of a human than him if you will. But I'm comfortable in believing this guy was and is a creep.

Iron Steeler
11-02-2015, 08:26 AM
man this sucks. this season has so much promise when we are healthy. Hopefully we havent missed the boat completely on this season. Because having this much talent on one team at one time doesnt come around often

katmandu
11-02-2015, 08:45 AM
1) I'm venting. I'm pissed off and disappointed in the train wreck our season has become.

2) Yes Vick has satisfied his legal obligations. Yes he has every right to pursue a lively hood including being an NFL player.

3) But he stinks as an NFL player. Let him ply huis trade elsewhere.

4) And just because you served your time and have a right to a second chance doesn't mean I have to be the one that give it to you, nor am I compelled to forgive you. I hear ya my friend.

I agree he does suck as a player. His blinding speed earlier in his career covered up the fact that he can NOT read defenses to save his life.

His actions during his crimes proves he IS a Sociopath and yes, a creep.

He still deserves to be forgiven.

Like I said above, it's bad Karma for you (and I) to NOT forgive. Forging is NOT forgetting. Holding on to hate only hurts YOU.

For those who call themselves Christians. You can not be a real or "good" Christian if you have hate in your heart. Just not possible.

katmandu
11-02-2015, 08:50 AM
man this sucks. this season has so much promise when we are healthy. Hopefully we havent missed the boat completely on this season. Because having this much talent on one team at one time doesnt come around oftenYou're right.

That is what makes this especially distressing. The TALENT and expectations for this year's Offense was off the charts.

Sure was nice to fantasize about them scoring 50+ points a game wasn't it !

zulater
11-02-2015, 08:52 AM
I hear ya my friend.

I agree he does suck as a player. His blinding speed earlier in his career covered up the fact that he can NOT read defenses to save his life.

His actions during his crimes proves he IS a Sociopath and yes, a creep.

He still deserves to be forgiven.

Like I said above, it's bad Karma for you (and I) to NOT forgive. Forging is NOT forgetting. Holding on to hate only hurts YOU.

For those who call themselves Christians. You can not be a real or "good" Christian if you have hate in your heart. Just not possible.

I'm agnostic. I'm free to hate as I please. :heh: I don't hate many though. And I don't really hate Vick per say .But to me as he has no redeeming value as a player, and as to some degree he has divided Steeler Nation, and as our spate of injuries seems to coincide with his arrival why not get rid of him?

lipps83
11-02-2015, 09:09 AM
So if Bell has torn ligaments and is put on IR, do the Steelers draft a running back early next year? Very few players come back from these types of knee injuries 100%. Yes, a 90% Bell is still better than most backs, but in the off chance he is never himself and with Williams going to be a year older....not sure how many eggs I want to put into that basket.

Not only that, but if he isn't his old self he is also coming up to the end of his first contract. Do they resign him?

Long term, this is a tough situation to be in. Short term, I think they are okay this season honestly but they have lost depth at the position.

j-d-s
11-02-2015, 09:13 AM
Hm, I thought MCL or LCL can heal in 6 weeks (as opposed to ACL/PCL). Bear in mind that MCL and LCL are collateral ligaments and can heal without surgery, while ACL/PCL are cruciate ligaments that will not heal.

Steelman
11-02-2015, 09:23 AM
So if Bell has torn ligaments and is put on IR, do the Steelers draft a running back early next year? Very few players come back from these types of knee injuries 100%. Yes, a 90% Bell is still better than most backs, but in the off chance he is never himself and with Williams going to be a year older....not sure how many eggs I want to put into that basket.

Not only that, but if he isn't his old self he is also coming up to the end of his first contract. Do they resign him?

Long term, this is a tough situation to be in. Short term, I think they are okay this season honestly but they have lost depth at the position.

I'm gonna say, yes. Anything to avoid drafting corners or safeties. :chuckle:

steelreserve
11-02-2015, 10:41 AM
So if Bell has torn ligaments and is put on IR, do the Steelers draft a running back early next year?

No, dumbass. It's outside linebacker in the first round, lineman other than left tackle or nose tackle in the second. If it's a position we actually need, we wait until the last day of the draft. So it is written.

katmandu
11-02-2015, 10:59 AM
I'm agnostic. I'm free to hate as I please. :heh: I don't hate many though. And I don't really hate Vick per say .But to me as he has no redeeming value as a player, and as to some degree he has divided Steeler Nation, and as our spate of injuries seems to coincide with his arrival why not get rid of him?Fair enough but you still believe in Karma. :>)

Unfortunately, the Steelers still need Vick to be our 3rd sting QB. At this point in the season doesn't make sense to cut him, sign someone else and get them up to speed learning Haley's offense.

The timing of all the injuries (after Vick got here) is purely coincidental and nothing else. As the saying goes... Shiittt happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Hm, I thought MCL or LCL can heal in 6 weeks (as opposed to ACL/PCL). Bear in mind that MCL and LCL are collateral ligaments and can heal without surgery, while ACL/PCL are cruciate ligaments that will not heal.Better go back and re-read your notes from Medical school doc.

MCL "sprains or streched out ligaments" can heal within 6 weeks.

TORN or ripped ligaments do not heal in 6 weeks with or without surgery.

hawaiiansteeler
11-02-2015, 11:31 AM
To ALL you Vick haters..... FORGIVE THE MAN LIKE YOU WOULD WANT TO BE FORGIVEN and STOP HATING.

one of my favorite quotes:

“Holding onto anger and hate is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.”

― Buddha

zulater
11-02-2015, 12:04 PM
Fair enough but you still believe in Karma. :>)

Unfortunately, the Steelers still need Vick to be our 3rd sting QB. At this point in the season doesn't make sense to cut him, sign someone else and get them up to speed learning Haley's offense.

The timing of all the injuries (after Vick got here) is purely coincidental and nothing else. As the saying goes... Shiittt happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Better go back and re-read your notes from Medical school doc.

MCL "sprains or streched out ligaments" can heal within 6 weeks.

TORN or ripped ligaments do not heal in 6 weeks with or without surgery.

Agnostic isn't atheist. I actually believe in God, I just don't believe in religion. I think those that claim they've nailed down the creators design and intent are largely full of shit.

As far as Karma, call it superstition if you want, but I've always felt good begets good, and bad begets bad. Associate with lowlifes and thugs and you'll be thought of the same. Keep yourself in good company and your road will be less troubled. Common sense I suppose. Anyway Vick doesn't help this team in any capacity. He's bad news as a human being. (again deviate's tend to remain deviates, so I'm not buying your redemption story) I don't want him on my team.

Of course of that I have no control. :lol:

Vick hasn't learned the Steelers offense. I don't know what team you've been watching but Ryan Mallet, Tim Tebow, or five guys on the corner named Joe could figure out as much of our offense in 5 days as Vick has done in nearly 3 months.

TD's & Beer
11-02-2015, 12:10 PM
enough jibber jabber

where the hell is that MRI report?

SteelerFanInStl
11-02-2015, 12:31 PM
I just hope that we don't sign Pead. I've watched him since he was drafted by the Rams and he sucks.

TD's & Beer
11-02-2015, 12:46 PM
I don't see why they wouldn't bring in a boatload of RB's to try out.

Pierre Thomas is out there, he can catch passes.

TeeTee
11-02-2015, 12:57 PM
This doesn't sound right at all. Knees are not rocket engines. A "special" doc from outer space does not need to be flown in.

I'm sure the Steeler's know his MCL is torn by other doc's exams but an MRI still has NOT been done to confirm the severity of the damage.

Even if it's not torn, give this same knee was damaged last year would IMHO be enough to place Bell on season ending IR. The team (and US) just need to suck it up and move on.

This is all silly. I know a radiologist and he has images emailed to him, where ever he is, and instantly makes correct diagnosis on the spot. There is zero waiting time. From the time they snapped that image, it would be mere minutes before they knew exactly what was going on. What, do people think they use x-rays and film these days? Yea, they need a "special" doctor "flown in" from out of town to figure this out? From the time the snapped that image, it took 2 minutes to send the image to the doc, using an iPad, on some golf course somewhere, to determine what the condition of that knee was.

hawaiiansteeler
11-02-2015, 01:29 PM
I don't see why they wouldn't bring in a boatload of RB's to try out.

we already have Mike Vick, why not also add Ray Rice? :stirthepot:

TD's & Beer
11-02-2015, 01:33 PM
Steelers officially send Le'Veon Bell to I.R. (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8390/leveon-bell)

and done

zulater
11-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Steelers officially send Le'Veon Bell to I.R. (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8390/leveon-bell)

and done

Can a moderator change the thread title from reportedly to officially to save 10 new threads stating the obvious? :yuck2:

TD's & Beer
11-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Steelers sign Isaiah Pead to replace Le'Veon Bell

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000571511/article/steelers-sign-isaiah-pead-to-replace-leveon-bell

86WARD
11-02-2015, 02:05 PM
Ugh...

tube517
11-02-2015, 02:14 PM
Ugh...

Don't worry, he'll be behind Archer on the depth chart.

Shoes
11-02-2015, 02:25 PM
Steelers sign Isaiah Pead to replace Le'Veon Bell

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000571511/article/steelers-sign-isaiah-pead-to-replace-leveon-bell

My guess would be Williams, Todman then Pead. Todman has some nice film out there and I really like his confidence.

TD's & Beer
11-02-2015, 02:39 PM
Ugh...

What went wrong? I know he tore his ACL and sat out all of 2014, but...

Drafted in the second round of the 2012 Draft, Pead rushed for 3,288 yards with 27 touchdowns while averaging 6.0 yards per carry in four seasons at Cincinnati. He rushed for 1,259 yards with 12 touchdowns while catching 39 passes for 319 yards with three scores. A native of Columbus, Ohio

http://www.dispatch.com/content/graphics/2011/10/04/fbc-co-watch-10-4-art-g8rect5g-1nc-state-cincinnati-football-jpeg-0b8fc.jpg

StillCurtains
11-02-2015, 02:41 PM
According to Adam Shefter a doctor is coming in from out of town today to examine LeVeon. No determination has been made as of yet, but the Steelers suspect that Bell is done for the year and if they hear what they expect from this doctor then he'll most likely be placed on season ending IR.

Now here's my opinion. If there's so much as a 1-100 chance that he could ply and play effectively before the Super Bowl is played then I'm keeping him on the roster and placing him on the inactive list every game until such time as you've either been eliminated from the playoffs or your season comes to an end.

Need a roster spot? Can't preserve a precious roster spot at the outside chance he comes back? Bullshit. We've got two absolute roster spots right now being occupied by empty uniforms. Cut Mike Vick and Dri Archer now! This effing minute. At least that way something positive will come out of Bell's injury whether he comes back or not.

Archer as we know does nothing but return kicks poorly. Can't return punts. Can't play offense or even contribute as a gunner on defensive special teams situations. A total waste of a roster spot. Markus Wheaton proved to be a much better kick returner when given the job last season. If he goes down there's a half dozen candidates to take a knee in the end zone 4 or 5 times a game.

Mike Vick has brought bad karma to this team from the moment he signed. I'm not much into voo doo and supernatural b.s. and I was fine with his signing, but let's face it besides being a piss poor qb at this point of his career, he's also a bad dude. Yes he paid for his crime. And yes there's other guys in the league who are as bad or worse. But they're not Steelers. Being a Steeler should mean something besides excellence on the field. And I'm sure Maurkice Pouncey going down three days after Vicks signing is coincidental. But you know what? At some point after good player after good player misses games after injury you almost wonder if this team is cursed? And just at that off chance it is you need your sacrifice. Bye bye Mick. Have fun in Virginia beach. And stay away from dogs. You piece of shit. :mad:

Rant over. :lol:

Come on Dude, it's on Vick now? If you don't like him for whatever reason, fine but come on. He wasn't smoking weed with Blount and Bell to make Bell miss 2 games! He wasn't around to have us lose Golson, Suisham and Gradkowski for the season. Come on, this is ridiculous.

StillCurtains
11-02-2015, 03:11 PM
I'm agnostic. I'm free to hate as I please. :heh: I don't hate many though. And I don't really hate Vick per say .But to me as he has no redeeming value as a player, and as to some degree he has divided Steeler Nation, and as our spate of injuries seems to coincide with his arrival why not get rid of him?

This is ridiculous! Why don't you just put Vick on the grassy knoll in Dallas while you're at it. I think he may be responsible for global warming as well. Have you heard anything negative about him since he got back into the league? Do you know how he lives his life on a day to day basis?

You say that you can hate as you please. That may be true, but I heard love thy neighbor not hate thy neighbor. So the very thing that you accuse Vick for which is a man of bad character, is the same thing you are showing with your admittance of hate. However, making Vick responsible for the Fed's inability to find Hoffa's body is ridiculous.

zulater
11-02-2015, 03:47 PM
This is ridiculous! Why don't you just put Vick on the grassy knoll in Dallas while you're at it. I think he may be responsible for global warming as well. Have you heard anything negative about him since he got back into the league? Do you know how he lives his life on a day to day basis?

You say that you can hate as you please. That may be true, but I heard love thy neighbor not hate thy neighbor. So the very thing that you accuse Vick for which is a man of bad character, is the same thing you are showing with your admittance of hate. However, making Vick responsible for the Fed's inability to find Hoffa's body is ridiculous.

He's worthless as a player and has a hideous past. I would love it if they got rid of him. But I have no power over what the Steelers do and I'm not protesting or harassing the man on or off the field, so why do you care that I don't want him on the team? I will celebrate the day he and the Steelers part company. I pray he never plays another meaningful down as a Steeler.

86WARD
11-02-2015, 03:48 PM

Drafted in the second round of the 2012 Draft, Pead rushed for 3,288 yards with 27 touchdowns while averaging 6.0 yards per carry in four seasons at Cincinnati. He rushed for 1,259 yards with 12 touchdowns while catching 39 passes for 319 yards with three scores. A native of Columbus, Ohio

http://www.dispatch.com/content/graphics/2011/10/04/fbc-co-watch-10-4-art-g8rect5g-1nc-state-cincinnati-football-jpeg-0b8fc.jpg

In the NFL he wasn't great but my "UGH" was more so for The reality that Bell is out.

zoneblitzerII
11-02-2015, 03:49 PM
This really takes the steam out of the season for me. I loved watching him play. He's just such a great player who hasn't even reached the pinnacle of his career. It seems like he's just trying to get started but he can't catch a break to clear the runway. I can only pray that he has a full miraculous recovery with no lingering effects from the injury. It is just so sad and so tragic to see such a talent be lost to the team and to the sport in general. Le'Veon is a generational type player, one whose talent is so unique as to imprint himself and his style of play for generations to come. Such players do not come along so often. Maybe once in a generation if you're lucky.

zulater
11-02-2015, 03:54 PM
This really takes the steam out of the season for me. I loved watching him play. He's just such a great player who hasn't even reached the pinnacle of his career. It seems like he's just trying to get started but he can't catch a break to clear the runway. I can only pray that he has a full miraculous recovery with no lingering effects from the injury. It is just so sad and so tragic to see such a talent be lost to the team and to the sport in general. Le'Veon is a generational type player, one whose talent is so unique as to imprint himself and his style of play for generations to come. Such players do not come along so often. Maybe once in a generation if you're lucky.

Amen.

ALLD
11-02-2015, 03:56 PM

Indeed, an appropriate eulogy. There is a dark cloud over Pittsburgh this week.

StillCurtains
11-02-2015, 04:18 PM
He's worthless as a player and has a hideous past. I would love it if they got rid of him. But I have no power over what the Steelers do and I'm not protesting or harassing the man on or off the field, so why do you care that I don't want him on the team? I will celebrate the day he and the Steelers part company. I pray he never plays another meaningful down as a Steeler.

What I'm saying is if you hate him, hate him whether it be personally, issues with his game or whatever, but to pin the things that have happened to this team on Vick which he has nothing to do with is beyond ridiculous.

fansince'76
11-02-2015, 04:52 PM
I cant stand to watch this train wreck of season anymore...i just cant handle it...i may be done watching this season...my heart cant take anymore

I'm just about there myself. And thanks to Goodell wrecking the game, I simply don't give a shit about other teams or the league in general anymore.

j-d-s
11-02-2015, 05:50 PM

I really would like that. Ray Rice is probably better than any other RB on the roster, even Williams who is quite good. Rice made one mistake and I don't think it's right to blame him for that forever. Everyone deserves a second chance. Just tell him if we see any misbehaviour at all from him, he's done for good.

steelreserve
11-02-2015, 06:26 PM

Dude, we missed the boat on that when we were looking for a kicker. I totally thought we should've brought in Hope Solo for a tryout so we could have her pose with Vick and Ben as the trifecta of most-hated sports personalities in the league. Can you imagine if we'd done that and THEN signed Rice? We'd have the Domestic Violence Duo. Maybe everybody would go out drinking one night, and someone would say something to piss off Hope (it doesn't take much), and she and Rice would duke it out deathmatch-style. She'd probably put up a pretty good fight, too. It would cement 2015 as the ultimate fucked up season.

Don't laugh. Quantum mathematics says this strange parallel reality exists in a layer of spacetime mere fractions of a millimeter from our own.

Craic
11-02-2015, 06:31 PM
Yes, but Quantum mathematics also says there's a parallel where Michael Vick is still QBing and winning every game by a hundred points after sacrificing Pit Bulls at the center of the field.

hawaiiansteeler
11-02-2015, 06:44 PM
bad timing:

Bell will be entering the final year of his rookie contract next year and with the Steelers typically extending deals with one year left, Bell was in line for a hefty pay raise during the offseason.

Bell is currently in the third year of his rookie contract that pays him an average of just over a $1 million a season. The top five running backs currently earn between $8-$14 million per season, but all five are between the ages of 27 and 30.

Bell will turn 24 on Feb. 18.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9366062-74/bell-steelers-season#ixzz3qNtyAX2h

86WARD
11-02-2015, 07:09 PM
so bad timing for Bell = good timing for the front office?

hawaiiansteeler
11-02-2015, 07:15 PM
so bad timing for Bell = good timing for the front office?

you could make that same argument regarding Beachum...

katmandu
11-02-2015, 10:05 PM
This is all silly. I know a radiologist and he has images emailed to him, where ever he is, and instantly makes correct diagnosis on the spot. There is zero waiting time. From the time they snapped that image, it would be mere minutes before they knew exactly what was going on. What, do people think they use x-rays and film these days.X-rays don't show ligament damage very well. Broken bones, yes. Ligaments not so much.

That's why the need for an MRI. Docs still waiting for the initial swelling to go down before getting the MRI.

I don't know why they asked for a "special" doctor. Perhaps he has developed a new procedure using Super Glue that will get Bell ready for next week !

st33lersguy
11-02-2015, 11:10 PM
Not a good sign when you have to replace LB with a guy named "Pead"

SteelerFanInStl
11-03-2015, 07:57 AM

I hate this signing. It's based purely on draft position. Pead was terrible for the Rams, repeatedly getting beat out by undrafted players. He never showed any desire or determination. Never ran hard or worked hard to become a better player. He's a bust.

86WARD
11-03-2015, 09:56 AM
They should've went with Ray Rice...

steelreserve
11-03-2015, 10:06 AM
Yes, but Quantum mathematics also says there's a parallel where Michael Vick is still QBing and winning every game by a hundred points after sacrificing Pit Bulls at the center of the field.

Actually, he kicks a dog in the end zone after every touchdown, but besides that one detail you got it.

Funny side note, in that world Tom Brady is "out" and dating Laverne Cox. Who knew?

bad timing:

Bell will be entering the final year of his rookie contract next year and with the Steelers typically extending deals with one year left, Bell was in line for a hefty pay raise during the offseason.

Bell is currently in the third year of his rookie contract that pays him an average of just over a $1 million a season. The top five running backs currently earn between $8-$14 million per season, but all five are between the ages of 27 and 30.

I don't think that injury is going to make him earn a dime less in the long run. The only thing it might do is make us hesitant to extend his contract until after next year, just to make sure he's still got his suddenness and glide before we commit $40 or $50 million. Assuming he's still got it, that could potentially turn into an ugly situation involving the franchise tag before it gets settled. So then I guess he would lose out on one season of high pay, although chances are he'd make some of that back on the back end since he'd be negotiating when teams are starting from a higher cap number.

My guess is we try to extend him this offseason anyway, just maybe we have some playing-time incentives built in.

quetaescobar75@gmail.com
11-03-2015, 12:34 PM

[emoji17]

Enviado desde mi SM-G386T1 mediante Tapatalk

86WARD
11-04-2015, 03:54 PM
Not trying to stir the pot but where are the people claiming that Bell is too injury prone to re-sign when his contract is up? You know the same people who say Maurkice Pouncey is no good because he's injury prone?

Just curious why Pounvey gets the negative vibes but Bell gets nothing?

tube517
11-04-2015, 07:00 PM
Not trying to stir the pot but where are the people claiming that Bell is too injury prone to re-sign when his contract is up? You know the same people who say Maurkice Pouncey is no good because he's injury prone?

http://tribzap2it.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/pouncey-brothers-free-aaron-hernandez-hats.jpg

steelreserve
11-04-2015, 07:07 PM

Bell singlehandedly accounts for about 2,000 yards of total offense, for probably about the same price as Pouncey.

You can get by with a mediocre center, but look at the difference in the entire offense between Bell and a guy like Dwyer or Redman as your feature back. Light-years doesn't even begin to describe it.

Plus, Pouncey has done a few things to make himself look like a dick.

86WARD
11-05-2015, 03:44 AM
Bell singlehandedly accounts for about 2,000 yards of total offense, for probably about the same price as Pouncey.

You can get by with a mediocre center, but look at the difference in the entire offense between Bell and a guy like Dwyer or Redman as your feature back. Light-years doesn't even begin to describe it.

Plus, Pouncey has done a few things to make himself look like a dick.

But being a dick doesn't have anything to do with being injured...I don't recall Pouncey being suspended either...