PDA

View Full Version : Steelers optimistic Bell avoided ACL damage

TD's & Beer
11-01-2015, 04:55 PM
The injury looked bad. The news may not be.

Per a league source, the Steelers are optimistic (for now) about the condition of running back Le’Veon Bell’s knee. He exited the stadium during the game for evaluation at a nearby hospital, and the source tells PFT that the initial indication is that the ACL is intact.

The team currently hopes it’s only an MCL injury, which likely would knock Bell out for a game or more, but which wouldn’t end his season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/)

----------------------

Cross your fingers

steelreserve
11-01-2015, 05:01 PM
The team currently hopes it’s only an MCL injury, which likely would knock Bell out for a game or more, but which wouldn’t end his season.

Same difference. Even if it's "only" an MCL, he's not going to be effective for at least a couple months. And that's if it's sprained, not torn. No, it's all up to Williams from here on out..

TD's & Beer
11-01-2015, 05:22 PM
Same difference. Even if it's "only" an MCL, he's not going to be effective for at least a couple months. And that's if it's sprained, not torn. No, it's all up to Williams from here on out..

Nonsense

2-3 week injury if it's just a sprain...Gates sprained his MCL last week and he played on it this week

86WARD
11-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Who announced that? The Team or Tomlin?

86WARD
11-01-2015, 05:36 PM
Nonsense

2-3 week injury if it's just a sprain...Gates sprained his MCL last week and he played on it this week

Gates sprained it two weeks ago and did not play last week.

Count Steeler
11-01-2015, 05:37 PM
The injury looked bad. The news may not be.Per a league source, the Steelers are optimistic (for now) about the condition of running backLe’Veon Bell (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8390/leveon-bell)’s knee. He exited the stadium during the game for evaluation at a nearby hospital, and the source tells PFT that the initial indication is that the ACL is intact.

From the article.

steelreserve
11-01-2015, 05:37 PM
Nonsense

... and how effective was he?

Yeah, not very. A running back would be even less effective. A running back with Bell's style would be even less effective than THAT.

The more your game is explosiveness and quick lateral movement, the more you're screwed with an MCL. Troy used to routinely sprain his MCL and miss 2-3 games, then come back about 70%, re-injure it after a game or two, and then be out until the very end of the season and still be ineffective. Same situation, and that's with a mild to moderate sprain. It looked pretty bad.

TD's & Beer
11-01-2015, 05:42 PM
We'll see. I'll wait for the team report.

and I was gonna say go trade for Forte - but he has a knee too, and they're not talking at all

Shoes
11-01-2015, 05:44 PM
Williams-Todman will work.

hawaiiansteeler
11-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Williams-Todman will work.

and don't forget those draw plays up the middle with Dri Archer...:wink02:

SteelMayhem72
11-01-2015, 06:40 PM
Not really gonna matter who is at rb to be honest...we will be damn lucky to finish at .500

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

steelerdude15
11-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Lets hope it's just a sprain and nothing more.

fansince'76
11-01-2015, 08:00 PM

Exactly. His ability to cutback will still be shot, and without that, we effectively have...Mendenhall.

salamander
11-01-2015, 08:39 PM
We just can't catch a break this year... at least we have a competent back up in Williams.

katmandu
11-01-2015, 10:43 PM
Nonsense

2-3 week injury if it's just a sprain...Gates sprained his MCL last week and he played on it this weekYour right NONSENSE.

ALL sprains are NOT the same. Ben was out 4 weeks. Running backs rely soley on their knees to make cuts and burst. Minimum 6 weeks.

Sources are saying Bell has a TORN MCL meaning his season is over. Done. Kaput.

86WARD
11-02-2015, 05:12 AM
I'm sure Tomlin is still,happy that the ACL isn't damaged.

Steelman
11-02-2015, 08:57 AM
I don't know where people get this "it's just a torn MCL-- ah, piece of cake" shit. Especially for a runningback whose game is predicated on quick stops and cuts.

Anyone who saw the injury knew he was done immediately. Tomlin is really clueless sometimes.

TD's & Beer
11-02-2015, 09:07 AM
I'd be on the phone begging Tampa Bay to trade us Doug Martin

86WARD
11-02-2015, 12:46 PM
I'd be on the phone begging Tampa Bay to trade us Doug Martin

Tampa came out yesterday and said they aren't trading him...after previously trying to.

TD's & Beer
11-02-2015, 12:53 PM
Tampa came out yesterday and said they aren't trading him...after previously trying to.

I don't care what they said, they can be persuaded....make an offer.

hell, make an offer for Forte - if his knee isn't too bad.