PDA

View Full Version : Halfway Point. 4-4.

Edman
11-01-2015, 03:38 PM
You can forget the division at this point. Not happening. Had our chance today, and that was it. It's Wildcard or bust now.

1-4 conference record, 0-2 in the division. Not happening.

Eight games to go, but without Bell (lets get it out of the way now, he's going to be out for a long time) it's looking bleak.

There's really nothing else a team can do when injuries to our top players pile up each and every week. It's a shame, because we've seen how good this team is at full strength.

It's going to take a miracle to save this season now. The Steelers are going to go 8-0 just to have a shot.

Godfather
11-01-2015, 03:43 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSPq3lFZgFkbQY-idfJLV8RlwJwGr1mMhw-j7NT3Gip5F_ogmULJyUQ9g

ALLD
11-01-2015, 03:44 PM
Wildcard? If by some miracle the Steelers get a WC it will be a Tomlin one and done. Team was not prepared on opening day and not playing heads up ball consistently. Bell's injury may have been avoided if we did not telegraph so many plays at him.

With Bell going down it will be difficult to hold this team together while BB is walking around on peg legs. I predict another rah, rah speech by Tomlin while we watch so much talent rack up a losing season. That's bad breaks and bad coaching.

fansince'76
11-01-2015, 03:45 PM
12-4 just to make a wild card? Uh, you need to take another look at the out-and-out shit teams the other divisions are fielding. Hell, Indy is in the lead in the AFCS and they have a losing record.

Craic
11-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Wildcard? If by some miracle the Steelers get a WC it will be a Tomlin one and done. Team was not prepared on opening day and not playing heads up ball consistently. Bell's injury may have been avoided if we did not telegrapgh so many plays at him.

So, the TomlinHate has gotten so thick we're now blaming on-field injuries on him? I swear, this board's become a mockery of the good football board it used to be.

fansince'76
11-01-2015, 03:48 PM
Bell's injury may have been avoided if we did not telegraph so many plays at him.

I seriously hope you're kidding. :doh:

st33lersguy
11-01-2015, 03:54 PM
Should be 6-2. F Mark Barron and F Josh Scobee

EzraTank
11-01-2015, 03:55 PM
6-2 gets them 10-6. That should be enough.

But if Bell is done for the year we're in trouble. Williams at least is a decent backup but how long can he hold up carrying the rock.

Steeldude
11-01-2015, 05:15 PM
I am still sticking with my prediction of 8-8.

hawaiiansteeler
11-01-2015, 05:49 PM
I predict another rah, rah speech by Tomlin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H56E12tPiac

86WARD
11-01-2015, 06:11 PM
I am still sticking with my prediction of 8-8.

Lol...I,actually forgot my prediction. I think I went 9-7...but I honestly can't recall...

zulater
11-01-2015, 06:27 PM
If the Steelers go 9-7, particularly if one of the losses is to the Seahawks, they will most likely get in as the second wild card.

steelerdude15
11-01-2015, 06:35 PM
Oakland won today and they're now 4-3. It makes the game against them in a couple of weeks more important and a victory would help with a possible tiebreaker at the end of the season, if it comes down to that.

st33lersguy
11-01-2015, 06:43 PM
This team is snake-bitten this year. 8-8 seems like their ceiling right now

Craic
11-02-2015, 01:01 PM
This team is snake-bitten this year. 8-8 seems like their ceiling right now

It does feel that way, doesn't it?

steelreserve
11-02-2015, 01:48 PM
They still ought to win at least 9 games, maybe 10.

Will they actually do it? Probably not. I fully expect Brown to be out for the season next week because as he's leaving the field after practice, he steps on a see-saw with an anvil on the other side of it, and the anvil flies up 20 feet in the air and lands on his head, then the ground cracks underneath him and he falls off a cliff, and in mid-air he passes the piece of cliff that fell off so it's above him now, then he holds up a tiny umbrella or a white wooden sign that says "HELP", then he hits the ground and the piece of cliff lands on top on him, then a lump pops up on his head and cracks the rock so it falls away to either side of him, then the anvil lands on him again and hammers him into the dirt like a nail so only his head is above the ground, then his eyes spin around and stop on "JACKPOT - JACKPOT" and gold coins start pouring out of his mouth.

Seriously, THAT'S the kind of season it's been.

Rotorhead
11-02-2015, 02:20 PM
We can still easily make the playoffs, if our offense can start playing like they should we could easily win out . . . well I thought that before the Broncos actually had an offense last night. Anyway, I am just hoping this weeks loss was due more to a rusty Ben than anything else. Williams will be fine filling in for Bell, while not as dynamic in the passing game, he is still a top level runner. Just need to focus on the next 2 weeks for wins then the bye will help out getting the offense set up to finish out the season strong. Honestly, the way our defense is playing is very encouraging, if not this cursed season, definitely makes us 1 CB away from true contender status.

Iron Steeler
11-02-2015, 07:52 PM
9-7 got us to the superbowl once

StillCurtains
11-02-2015, 09:11 PM
9-7 got us to the superbowl once

We have never gone to the Superbowl with a 9-7 record.

hawaiiansteeler
11-03-2015, 11:43 PM
Steelers Facing Must Win Games Next Two Weeks

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/11/steelers-facing-must-win-games-next-two-weeks/

Iron Steeler
11-05-2015, 06:49 PM

my bad i was drunk and upsset , wishful thinking

zulater
11-06-2015, 05:22 AM

We haven't, but we played two 9-7 teams in the Super Bowl. The Rams in SB XIV and the Cards in SB VIII. The Giants won the SB as a 9 win team in 2011. So if you qualify for post season play there's always a chance to advance.

If this team gets relatively healthy and in sync I could honestly see them making arun no matter what their regular season record was that got them there.