PDA

View Full Version : Season is over

TeeTee
11-01-2015, 01:46 PM
The Bell injury made me almost throw up.

Unreal.

We are not a true contender without Bell.

TD's & Beer
11-01-2015, 02:17 PM
Pray it's just a sprain

ALLD
11-01-2015, 03:48 PM
Even with a sprain there is no way he can make cuts. He needs to run ahead of the tackle and avoid being so blatantly targeted a majority of the time. And I am not calling for deceptive trick plays, just some common freakin' sense in calling plays.

Steeldude
11-01-2015, 03:52 PM

Unreal.

Hardly over. Hall will do fine. As long as they use him in the same fashion.

SteelMayhem72
11-01-2015, 03:53 PM

you mean williams?

Count Steeler
11-01-2015, 03:54 PM
0-2 in the division.
1-4 in the conference.

It's never over till it's over but if we are playing horse we have the HORS and half way to the E.

fansince'76
11-01-2015, 03:54 PM
I guess that means there's no real reason to come here and post anymore, right?

Count Steeler
11-01-2015, 03:55 PM

I guess we should have a poll on how many plays Boykin will play in.

stillers4me
11-01-2015, 03:56 PM

I'd definitely stay away if were him. :heh:

TD's & Beer
As long it's not the ACL or a broken bone...there might be a chance

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSv3w9QWsAAX8Yk.png:large

st33lersguy
Technically if Oakland loses we are in the #6 seed, but the way this team is wasting opportunities and getting injured, it's looking like another season where the Steelers should have made the playoffs but didn't

SteelMayhem72
11-01-2015, 04:01 PM
Technically if Oakland loses we are in the #6 seed, but the way this team is wasting opportunities and getting injured, it's looking like another season where the Steelers should have made the playoffs but didn't

Bengals are one and done in the playoffs anyway...they represent the AFC north so well...lol

st33lersguy
11-01-2015, 04:02 PM
Bengals are one and done in the playoffs anyway...they represent the AFC north so well...lol

It would be worth them getting a first round bye and having their mouth breathing hick fans fart WHO DEY out of their mouth just to see them get waxed in the divisional round.

Godfather
11-01-2015, 04:05 PM
It would be worth them getting a first round bye and having their mouth breathing hick fans fart WHO DEY out of their mouth just to see them get waxed in the divisional round.

Plagiarists. They stole that from the Saints and Who Dat.

However, I would still root for them in a playoff game against Gaydy and the Pats**.

Kittyfish
11-01-2015, 04:07 PM
I would root for the Cowboys in a playoff game (I guess it would have the be the Super Bowl) against Gaydy and the Pats**. And trust me, THAT is saying something!

katmandu
11-01-2015, 04:13 PM

Unreal.

We are not a true contender without Bell.......OR...... without all the key injuries and stupid suspensions this team has suffered this season.

ALLD
11-01-2015, 04:21 PM
It is the frustration talking. I HATE losing more than I like winning. Has always been my nature and I was not a good teammate on losing teams.

Shoes
11-01-2015, 04:40 PM

Agreed, I think Williams and hopefully Todman can be the 1-2. Todman is a hard fast runner.

TD's & Beer
11-01-2015, 04:50 PM
PITT 'optimistic' Le'Veon avoided ACL damage (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8390/leveon-bell)

Profootballtalk's Mike Florio reports the Steelers are "optimistic" Le'Veon Bell has avoided ACL damage, and that his injury is limited to his MCL.

Even though it would still be a multi-week injury, that would qualify as the best possible news after Bell got rolled up in ugly fashion Sunday afternoon. Bell will undergo further testing either this evening or tomorrow morning. A season-ending injury still can't be ruled out, but we have legitimate reason for optimism.

st33lersguy
11-01-2015, 04:51 PM
This is looking like another one of those frustrating seasons where the Steelers lose 3 or 4 games they should win and miss the playoffs because of it

steelreserve
11-01-2015, 04:59 PM
This is looking like another one of those frustrating seasons where the Steelers lose 3 or 4 games they should win and miss the playoffs because of it

Yup.

All the stupid shit that is constantly going wrong gives this season the feeling that it is just not our year. Literally another setback every single week since the start of preseason.

Bell's injury didn't exactly have the look of an ACL, but even if it's the same injury as Ben, for an RB your whole season is going to be fucked up. Maybe you get to come back for 2 or 3 games and feel about 70%, like Troy used to. That's not going to be completely better until sometime in the offseason.

hawaiiansteeler
11-01-2015, 05:06 PM

are you kidding? the fun is just beginning...

do you realize how many potential "FIRE ____" threads there are?

Steeldude
11-01-2015, 05:11 PM
you mean williams?

Yes. Got mixed up

- - - Updated - - -

But it's ok because Blake, J. Jones and Archer are still healthy.

Count Steeler
11-01-2015, 05:15 PM

And all they need is a little more playing time, like maybe the 2020 season.

Texasteel
11-01-2015, 06:12 PM
Yes. Got mixed up

- - - Updated - - -

If todays game didn't show the coaches what Archer really is, they will never see it. You don't want to cut him, OK. Put him on the sideline and we have our first chearleader. Just don't let him touch the ball.

The biggest mistake the coaches made was to still be playing for the division, instead of the wild card, and playoffs. Ben should not have come back today, still, no this season is not over.

steelerdude15
11-01-2015, 06:43 PM
The season isn't over and we still don't know the exact diagnosis on Le'Veon. However, DeAngelo will be able to handle the load while Le'Veon is out. DeAngelo is a dependable back up who still has some gas left in the tank. He can still make guys miss, can hit a hole using good vision and speed, and is a good runningback in the redzone.

Shoes
11-01-2015, 07:13 PM
Plagiarists. They stole that from the Saints and Who Dat.

However, I would still root for them in a playoff game against Gaydy and the Pats**.

Not me, especially after jackass Burfict's celebration after Bell getting injured. If the bengals get that far, I hope the Pats clean their clock.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/11/ramon-foster-unhappy-bengals-burfict-celebrated-after-bells-injury/

st33lersguy
11-01-2015, 07:22 PM
Not me, especially after jackass Burfict's celebration after Bell getting injured. If the bengals get that far, I hope the Pats clean their clock.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/11/ramon-foster-unhappy-bengals-burfict-celebrated-after-bells-injury/

Same here, fuk the Bungals

86WARD
11-01-2015, 07:24 PM
Don't think the season is over but even with Bell, this team is questionable at best...the defense is better than last season but the team is arguably worse...

katmandu
11-01-2015, 07:46 PM

Anyone (http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/11/ramon-foster-unhappy-bengals-burfict-celebrated-after-bells-injury/[/QUOTE]Anyone) have a video/GIF of Burfict's celebration ??

fansince'76
11-01-2015, 07:50 PM

I would root for Hitler and the Third Reich over that bunch of shitheads.

touchdownward
11-01-2015, 07:56 PM
The season is far from over. We get into the playoffs relatively healthy and anything can happen.

teegre
11-01-2015, 08:17 PM
I'm not saying that Bell isn't better than DeAngelo Williams. But, there won't be as much of a drop off as some would think.

Williams was second in the league in rushing yards (before Bell returned).

Bell was aversging 120 yards from scrimmage.
Williams had 110 yards from scrimmage.

Rotorhead
11-01-2015, 08:54 PM
I actually wasn't too upset with this game, we were in it till the end, our def is getting better, Ben is back, Williams is a starter for many other teams. We need to put some wins together to get into the playoffs healthy.

StillCurtains
11-01-2015, 09:06 PM
Sorry, no Superbowl this year. I made a post that Behind the Steel Curtain's website reported Bell is out for the season with a torn MCL. Sorry I didn't post the link, I'm just dejected right now.

Steeldude
11-01-2015, 09:13 PM
I'm not saying that Bell isn't better than DeAngelo Williams. But, there won't be as much of a drop off as some would think.

Williams was second in the league in rushing yards (before Bell returned).

Bell was aversging 120 yards from scrimmage.
Williams had 110 yards from scrimmage.

Agreed. What I fear is the coaches won't utilize Williams in the same manner as they did with Bell.

st33lersguy
11-01-2015, 09:21 PM
After ending Le'Veon's season, I hope the Patriots rout the Bungals in any playoff meeting and I hope Gronkowski runs over that cheap shot artist piece of trash Burfict and that piece of trash Pacman Jones who belongs in jail

Shoes
11-01-2015, 09:26 PM
Agreed. What I fear is the coaches won't utilize Williams in the same manner as they did with Bell.

That's my concern also, I think Williams and Todman can get it done.

TeeTee
11-01-2015, 10:05 PM

Why would that be? Do we post here in after the season? Yup. Why would I stop posting after it is a known given that we won't be a contender this season?

Your assertion is illogical.

If you wish I can help you in terms of using logic in your thought process. I really can.

- - - Updated - - -

That's my concern also, I think Williams and Todman can get it done.

William's hands are a 4. Bell's are a 10, that's why they use him differently.

fansince'76
11-01-2015, 10:08 PM
Why would that be? Do we post here in after the season? Yup. Why would I stop posting after it is a known given that we won't be a contender this season?

If you wish I can help you in terms of using logic in your thought process. I really can.

No, it was just me wishfully thinking out loud about you.

And I'll pass on the logic lesson from someone who constantly mistakes their own opinion as irrefutable fact...

Shoes
11-01-2015, 10:11 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Why because he dropped one last week?

BigBen2004
11-01-2015, 10:15 PM
The season is far from over.

String together a few wins here in the next two weeks, head into the bye at 6-4 with sole possession of the wild card spot, then go from there.

D-Lo is no slouch. He's better than half of the starting RBs in the NFL, and he's a BACKUP.
He isn't Le'Veon, that's for sure. However, he can get the job done.

Ben is going to light it up next week against Oakland. He's not the type of QB to have back to back subpar outings. We're playing for our season now. It's do or die.

Williams tore it up in the first two weeks of the season. So let's not panic, YET.

Having said all of this, I don't think we win a playoff game, if we get there. I can see this team still getting to 10-6 and making the postseason. But, I don't think they'll do much after that.

With all of these injuries, we're bound to stay healthy next year, right?!?!?
The deep playoff run is next season. This defense is truly becoming a force. If the offense is healthy next season, with an easier schedule as well, we have a legit shot at a top seed.

Hawkman
11-01-2015, 10:22 PM

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw the thread.

st33lersguy
11-01-2015, 10:28 PM
The season is far from over.

String together a few wins here in the next two weeks, head into the bye at 6-4 with sole possession of the wild card spot, then go from there.

D-Lo is no slouch. He's better than half of the starting RBs in the NFL, and he's a BACKUP.
He isn't Le'Veon, that's for sure. However, he can get the job done.

Ben is going to light it up next week against Oakland. He's not the type of QB to have back to back subpar outings. We're playing for our season now. It's do or die.

Williams tore it up in the first two weeks of the season. So let's not panic, YET.

Having said all of this, I don't think we win a playoff game, if we get there. I can see this team still getting to 10-6 and making the postseason. But, I don't think they'll do much after that.

With all of these injuries, we're bound to stay healthy next year, right?!?!?
The deep playoff run is next season. This defense is truly becoming a force. If the offense is healthy next season, with an easier schedule as well, we have a legit shot at a top seed.

Given the fact that our season has been negatively impacted by at least one major injury to at least one key player the past 5 years, we are overdue for a season with no significant injuries, especially with the way key players have been injured at a ridiculous rate this year. Healthy this team is a Super Bowl contender

B&GFever
11-01-2015, 11:35 PM

Unreal.

Williams is pretty accountable ... first 2 weeks was 9 yards short of the NFL leading rusher ...

Today out gained Bell on less carries and over all carries and reception yards nearly double Bells totals , not saying he is better but he is a mighty fine replacement

86WARD
11-02-2015, 05:10 AM

Of course they won't...

zulater
11-02-2015, 06:02 AM

- - - Updated - - -

A "known given" huh? If you're going to trot out that sort of lexicon at least be accurate with the usage. :doh:

Here's some real known givens.

There's 8 games left in the season.

The two AFC wild card spots are wide open to this point. A 4-4 record excludes you from neither.

The Steelers passing offense terribly under performed yesterday. Partly because Ben didn't play particularly well after the first series. But also because our wide receivers played poorly.

Our qb is not as bad as he looked yesterday.

Our receivers are capable of much better than they displayed yesterday.

If the last two "known givens" correct themselves in time, given the way the defense has played,given that DeAngelo Williams is a competent back for our offense, we could indeed be a contender before this thing is all through.

katmandu
11-02-2015, 08:26 AM

The two AFC wild card spots are wide open to this point. A 4-4 record excludes you from neither.

The Steelers passing offense terribly under performed yesterday. Partly because Ben didn't play particularly well after the first series. But also because our wide receivers played poorly.

If the last two "known givens" correct themselves in time, given the way the defense has played,given that DeAngelo Williams is a competent back for our offense, we could indeed be a contender before this thing is all through.That's true.

Ben was stiff/rusty as hell and look at how little he targeted AB !! Was this do to AB being tightly covered or what ? I dunno. I would like to hear why Ben didn't throw to him.

That 3rd INT by Ben was purely an out of body play by Shawn Williams. That was one of the most spectacular INTs I have ever seen!

http://i.imgur.com/uj5KmpF.gif

TeeTee
11-02-2015, 12:37 PM
Why because he dropped one last week?

He averaged around 20 catches a season, Bell had over 80 alone last season - there is a reason for the difference: Bell has Marshall Faulk-level hands.

DW isn't incapable of catching the ball; he's just no where near as skilled as Bell is at it.

TeeTee
11-02-2015, 12:48 PM
A "known given" huh? If you're going to trot out that sort of lexicon at least be accurate with the usage. :doh:

If the last two "known givens" correct themselves in time, given the way the defense has played,given that DeAngelo Williams is a competent back for our offense, we could indeed be a contender before this thing is all through.

Let me help you out here. A "true contender" means you have plausible chance of beating all other top teams. If you think this team can beat the Denvers and Pats of the league without Bell....well, let's just say we can agree to disagree. Can we somehow just barely make the play offs? I'd say that is possible, but not likely. I don't even think we beat the Raiders this week.

zulater
11-02-2015, 12:59 PM
Let me help you out here. A "true contender" means you have plausible chance of beating all other top teams. If you think this team can beat the Denvers and Pats of the league without Bell....well, let's just say we can agree to disagree. Can we somehow just barely make the play offs? I'd say that is possible, but not likely. I don't even think we beat the Raiders this week.

No need to "help me out", I'm a grown man. I don't need condescending phony concern.

If Ben gets his game right our offense is still among the league's best even without Bell. Bryant, Brown, Miller all are good players. If Villenueva grows into the job a bit more the o-line is more than competent. If we can start scoring in the high 20's and above the defense will do enough and we can compete with the teams we have on our schedule.

I don't pretend to know where the season is headed. I could see us winning games, gaining momentum and confidence, and being a tough out in the playoffs. And I can just as well see a total derailment ahead. Our season is currently balanced on the head of a pin.

Anyway bottom line until the final breath is drawn I choose not to declare the body dead.

Rotorhead
11-02-2015, 02:44 PM
TeeTee, why do you even post here? Our season is far from over. DW is proving to be the best off season acquisition we made. Ben will bounce back and our WR's will as well. Our Def is playing light years better than anyone of us could have predicted. We have held the top 2 scoring offenses to their lowest point totals this year, we were honestly a rusty Ben pass away from beating one of the contenders. The only team we have left to play in the regular season we probably dont have a chance of beating is the Broncos, and only if their Offense continues to get better (because before last night, they were lucky to be undefeated). Heading into the post season 6-2 or 7-1 will mean we are going in hot and if things are clicking on offense and our def continues to improve week to week we will be that team nobody wants to see. I know the Raiders are playing much better this season, but they still have a young QB and some big holes. They are very beatable, we just have to clean up the mistakes and our stars have to play like stars.

ALLD
11-02-2015, 04:01 PM

Even if I was in Denver at one of the pot shops there would be no way I could smoke enough grass to contemplate the Steelers being competitive in anything at this point. They play down to the lower teams and simply don't have the health or horses to play with the top teams. That's why they could finish worse than .500.

zulater
11-02-2015, 04:06 PM
Even if I was in Denver at one of the pot shops there would be no way I could smoke enough grass to contemplate the Steelers being competitive in anything at this point. They play down to the lower teams and simply don't have the health or horses to play with the top teams. That's why they could finish worse than .500.

I'm sure you said the same thing when they lost to Cleveland last year at about the same time.

TeeTee
11-02-2015, 04:38 PM
Williams is pretty accountable ... first 2 weeks was 9 yards short of the NFL leading rusher ...

Today out gained Bell on less carries and over all carries and reception yards nearly double Bells totals , not saying he is better but he is a mighty fine replacement

Another thing for concern: When DW is the steady ball carrier, doesn't he have a history of injuries as well? I have maintained since we picked him up that if Bell is out for any long period, DW will likely also go out with an injury. He runs hard, is tough, but does get dinged.

TeeTee
11-02-2015, 04:54 PM
TeeTee, why do you even post here?

Because I am a Steeler fan.

Our season is far from over.

Yes, technically, it is not over, of course. We have 8 more games to play. But when I say "It's over" I am using that term as in it's over from the perspective of realistically being a contender. We are a long shot as far as that goes. We can't realistically think we are gonna beat NE or Denver at this point. That's all I meant.

DW is proving to be the best off season acquisition we made. Ben will bounce back and our WR's will as well. Our Def is playing light years better than anyone of us could have predicted. We have held the top 2 scoring offenses to their lowest point totals this year, we were honestly a rusty Ben pass away from beating one of the contenders. The only team we have left to play in the regular season we probably dont have a chance of beating is the Broncos, and only if their Offense continues to get better (because before last night, they were lucky to be undefeated). Heading into the post season 6-2 or 7-1 will mean we are going in hot and if things are clicking on offense and our def continues to improve week to week we will be that team nobody wants to see. I know the Raiders are playing much better this season, but they still have a young QB and some big holes. They are very beatable, we just have to clean up the mistakes and our stars have to play like stars.

And we still have to overcome our coaching. That is a ball and chain. We still are wasting downs with trick plays and Tomlin still just can't make even basic good decisions, on personnel or game-time calls. It's a lot to overcome. Oh, and we are not going to win in Seattle and will drop 2 more between Raiders, Browns twice, Cinci or Ravens or Colts. We got four more losses coming.

TD's & Beer
11-02-2015, 06:23 PM
I feel for the heartbreak that Bell must feel. He was ready for a special season.

'Next man up', doesn't even do him justice.

steelreserve
11-02-2015, 06:29 PM

Good luck with that. I heard they were way more interested in soccer.

teegre
11-02-2015, 07:06 PM

That would be a nightmare scenario for TAPES18N1 to have to decide.

:wink02:

st33lersguy
11-02-2015, 07:17 PM
The Steelers can make the playoffs, but they can't if the injury bug continues to hammer them at the rate it has already

TeeTee
11-02-2015, 07:40 PM
The Steelers can make the playoffs, but they can't if the injury bug continues to hammer them at the rate it has already

Well, GB's last Super Bowl (vs. us, unfortunately) they had like record level starters hurt that season.

But, it's sure not the norm.

86WARD
11-02-2015, 07:48 PM
Well, GB's last Super Bowl (vs. us, unfortunately) they had like record level starters hurt that season.

But, it's sure not the norm.

I think they had something like 14 players on IR that season.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they had something like 14 players on IR that season.

http://i.imgur.com/80enWfE.png

Rotorhead
11-03-2015, 11:16 AM
It is odd to me, you usually have to like a team to be a fan, but maybe that is just me. I think we could play NE just fine with a healthy Ben, its not like they beat us badly. We had some blown assignments which shouldn't happen again. We were also missing our #1a WR and #1 RB (although DW played well). Our Def is much better now, and more comfortable, so no, they dont really scare me. The only team that scares me is the Broncos, again, only IF their offense has started coming around (we will see in the next couple weeks) because easily have the best Def in the league right now. Even after that, our offense has the capability of playing there Def to a draw. If things start to click, Off, Def and ST start playing like they can, we are absolutely a contender.

Mach1
11-03-2015, 11:26 AM
That would be a nightmare scenario for TAPES18N1 to have to decide.

:chuckle:

teegre
11-03-2015, 01:55 PM
It is odd to me, you usually have to like a team to be a fan, but maybe that is just me. I think we could play NE just fine with a healthy Ben, its not like they beat us badly. We had some blown assignments which shouldn't happen again. We were also missing our #1a WR and #1 RB (although DW played well). Our Def is much better now, and more comfortable, so no, they dont really scare me. The only team that scares me is the Broncos, again, only IF their offense has started coming around (we will see in the next couple weeks) because easily have the best Def in the league right now. Even after that, our offense has the capability of playing there Def to a draw. If things start to click, Off, Def and ST start playing like they can, we are absolutely a contender.

Exactly.

Scobee missed TWO field goals in that Taperiots game. Plus, DHB effed up a touchdown. That is 11 points that the Steelers offense should have had. Add Martavis Bryant, and voila!!! I could see the Steelers putting 39 points up on the Tapes.

Additionally, Pittsburgh's defense is holding offenses to around 17 points. I could see them holding the Taperiots to under 30 points.

AFCCG:
Steelers 39
Taperiots 27

steel striker
11-03-2015, 04:06 PM
I still say if Ben can get back to being healthy this offense could still be a monster and, a dangerous team in the playoffs. Plus if the defense can play like they did last week who knows anything could happen.

katmandu
11-03-2015, 09:27 PM
I still say if Ben can get back to being healthy this offense could still be a monster and, a dangerous team in the playoffs. Plus if the defense can play like they did last week who knows anything could happen.I agree.

This is the anything can happen legal.

katmandu
11-03-2015, 09:36 PM
Where did you get that cool chart ?

http://i.imgur.com/80enWfE.png

86WARD
11-04-2015, 07:36 AM
Where did you get that cool chart ?

I think it was profootballfocus. I can check later if you really want to know.

zulater
12-20-2015, 09:02 PM
Can we "unban" Tee Tee? :chuckle: :stirthepot:

86WARD
12-20-2015, 09:04 PM
Lol.

fansince'76
12-20-2015, 09:23 PM
Can we "unban" Tee Tee? :chuckle: :stirthepot:

The original ban was only 2 weeks, and as soon as it expired, he came back to post a thread entitled "I was banned..." with the following OP:

..........in a hail of mass hypocrisy and double standards.

And now I ban you.

He was immediately perma-banned at that point.

Steelman
12-20-2015, 09:27 PM
Good riddance. Sheesh.

fansince'76
12-20-2015, 09:29 PM
Good riddance. Sheesh.

He's a Pats fan anyway. :coffee:

Count Steeler
12-20-2015, 09:30 PM
He's a Pats fan anyway. :coffee:

At best, but I think he is a Belicheat knob slobber.

zulater
12-20-2015, 10:09 PM
I really don't want him back. I just wanted to rub his nose in this a little. :pointlaugh:

86WARD
12-21-2015, 05:18 AM
I missed that...lol.

Dissolv
12-21-2015, 07:24 AM
Heh, it's okay by me to thoroughly discredit his idiot posts in absentia. We inexplicably have a lot of gloomy fans (we're not the Browns guys! 6 rings!), but this was over the top. When a team is good, and has heart, the season is never over until they are eliminated.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_w5crfNFESpM/TTvc5MR1ZGI/AAAAAAAAB6s/qhtVmxgI5y4/s1600/Believe.jpg

Dissolv

Count Steeler
12-21-2015, 09:59 PM
How sweet would it be to go into Foxboro for the AFCCG and plant 50 on Belicheat's ass?

hawaiiansteeler
12-21-2015, 10:37 PM
The original ban was only 2 weeks, and as soon as it expired, he came back to post a thread entitled "I was banned..." with the following OP:

..........in a hail of mass hypocrisy and double standards.

And now I ban you.

He was immediately perma-banned at that point.

in Tee Tee's honor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1Flr7JhPow

smokin3000gt
12-22-2015, 03:41 PM
@Fansince'76 can we (you) change TeeTee's name to 'Strawman' and change his avatar to one of the below strawmen? It only seems appropriate.

:grin:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YaXobR75hPs/UV35IXQ6f7I/AAAAAAAAGsI/pgt_o14RC48/s1600/strawman.jpg
http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/daylightatheism/files/2014/01/StrawMan2.jpg

SteelMember
12-22-2015, 03:45 PM
No can lose any more games!!

HollywoodSteel
12-22-2015, 04:16 PM
Beat off defenders!

vasteeler
12-22-2015, 07:04 PM

Must whine!!!

hawaiiansteeler
12-24-2015, 11:23 PM

https://m.popkey.co/4bf4ae/lN0jW.gif

fansince'76
12-25-2015, 12:37 AM
@Fansince'76 can we (you) change TeeTee's name to 'Strawman' and change his avatar to one of the below strawmen? It only seems appropriate.

:grin:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YaXobR75hPs/UV35IXQ6f7I/AAAAAAAAGsI/pgt_o14RC48/s1600/strawman.jpg
http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/daylightatheism/files/2014/01/StrawMan2.jpg

I find this one far more accurate:

http://armchairgeneralist.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b39369e2014e86e94353970d-800wi

ALLD
12-25-2015, 12:51 PM
You have to admit that it is rare to see the Steelers dominate on all sides of the ball on a consistent basis. They usually manage to do just enough to win. I recall that roller coaster ride in my stomach over the course of games and seasons where you don't know what is going to happen.

I didn't have that feeling in the 1970s. I always knew like a Jedi if they made it to the Super Bowl they would win.

fansince'76
12-25-2015, 01:22 PM
I didn't have that feeling in the 1970s. I always knew like a Jedi if they made it to the Super Bowl they would win.

Yep. It was a foregone conclusion for me back then that they weren't going to lose, especially the big games. But then they had 9 future HoFers and a couple of others that should have been HoFers.

However, I WAS nervous pretty late into SB XIV. Ferragamo played much better than I ever expected him to.

Shoes
12-25-2015, 02:43 PM
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z211/vestkap/bankers_zpsrb7svf6o.jpg (http://s190.photobucket.com/user/vestkap/media/bankers_zpsrb7svf6o.jpg.html)

tube517
12-25-2015, 04:42 PM
Yep. It was a foregone conclusion for me back then that they weren't going to lose, especially the big games. But then they had 9 future HoFers and a couple of others that should have been HoFers.

However, I WAS nervous pretty late into SB XIV. Ferragamo played much better than I ever expected him to.

Yep. Especially since they got blown out by the Chargers and Bungles that year and had to comeback and go into overtime vs the Stains at Three Rivers. You could see the cracks in the dynasty forming that year.

I was so tense during XIV that when Bradshaw threw the TD to Stallworth, I almost broke my mom's flower vase sitting on the coffee table. :faint::faint::grin::grin:

zulater
12-27-2015, 12:49 PM
Well the season is over now.

ALLD
12-27-2015, 03:12 PM
There is a disruption in the force. Too many early season hurdles and a coach that has problems getting up for bad teams all the time. No margin for error in many years under this coaching staff.

zoneblitzerII
12-27-2015, 03:12 PM
They don't deserve to make the playoffs. If you can't come out and play as if life depended on it in this game, you don't deserve it. The difference was the 3 that Tomlin chose to pass on.

EzraTank
12-27-2015, 03:15 PM
But but all week the media had us as the team to fear in the playoffs.

We couldn't get up to play a 4 win Ravens team. Horrible coaching, horrible execution.

steelreserve
12-27-2015, 03:17 PM
I'd also like to give a special Fuck You to the Patriots for throwing away their game at the end and messing us up even more. Classy as always; hope you all break your fuckin' necks.

JayC
12-27-2015, 03:17 PM
anyone else glad the jets and chiefs won? they don't deserve any breaks

st33lersguy
12-27-2015, 03:20 PM
Another year where the Steelers miss out on the playoff spot because of idiot coaching by Mike Dumblin. What should be a 13-2 team right now is instead a 9-6 team on the outside looking in

lipps83
12-27-2015, 03:21 PM
I'd also like to give a special Fuck You to the Patriots for throwing away their game at the end and messing us up even more. Classy as always; hope you all break your fuckin' necks.

They would have been stupid to win that game. You don't shoot yourself in the foot unless you are the Pittsburgh Steelers. Jets are easily beatable. They gave that game away to try to keep the Steelers out of the playoffs.

salamander
12-27-2015, 03:24 PM
Season is definitely done now.

steelreserve
12-27-2015, 03:24 PM

No. Fuck both of those teams. All that does is make it so we technically have an outside chance next week, but we're relying on the idiot Bills to win a meaningless game when their opponents are all fired up, and possibly a bunch of other random shit to happen too. We all know how that story goes.

zulater
12-27-2015, 03:29 PM
No. Fuck both of those teams. All that does is make it so we technically have an outside chance next week, but we're relying on the idiot Bills to win a meaningless game when their opponents are all fired up, and possibly a bunch of other random shit to happen too. We all know how that story goes.

It's not meaningless to Rex Ryan. Not saying they're going to do it. But you can bet Rex will have his team ready to play? What would be better from Rex's perspective than eliminating the team that fired you the season before.

86WARD
12-27-2015, 04:06 PM
It's not meaningless to Rex Ryan. Not saying they're going to do it. But you can bet Rex will have his team ready to play? What would be better from Rex's perspective than eliminating the team that fired you the season before.

This. The thing that goes against Rex is that he beat them in New York once this season. You would think...losing at home...may be motivation for a team to go on the road and attempt to avoid the sweep...you would think...

hawaiiansteeler
12-27-2015, 05:20 PM

no.

why in the world would any Steelers fan be happy about that? :noidea:

NCSteeler
12-27-2015, 09:20 PM

Here's one thing you could never say about Tomlin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fansince'76
12-27-2015, 09:22 PM
Here's one thing you could never say about Tomlin

I dunno, this team could have completely tanked in 2013 after the 0-4 start.

NCSteeler
12-27-2015, 10:12 PM
I dunno, this team could have completely tanked in 2013 after the 0-4 start.

They could have , but can you honestly say Tomlin has
Had this team fired up ready to play, when it was all on the line. Rivalry, playoffs on the line play like week one bullshit, that is the mark if a Tomlin coached team

fansince'76
01-03-2016, 03:19 PM
We live at least one more week. Just sayin'.

86WARD
01-03-2016, 03:20 PM
One more week of pain, suffering and arrogance.

JKLTO
01-03-2016, 03:27 PM
THE SEASON IS OVER!

Well, the regular season anyway. Time for the Steelers to win it all!

fansince'76
01-03-2016, 03:29 PM
One more week of pain, suffering and arrogance.

(hippo fart)

:chuckle:

ALLD
01-03-2016, 03:29 PM
Pats dropped two in a row. Brady got pummeled by the Fins. Just rush 5 and take him out.