PDA

View Full Version : When you are....

TeeTee
10-30-2015, 03:17 PM
....playing fantasy football, and setting up your line up, do you not start players who are playing against the Steelers that week?

If all things are even, I won't start a Steeler opponent, but if the player is the clear cut better choice to start, I play them regardless.

This week I am going to go ahead and start Dalton and Hill. I'm OK with doing that. Generally, I still don't root for players facing the
Steelers even if they are on my active roster, but if they do score, I say, "Well at least I got some points out of it." That's how I roll
but I know not everyone does it that way.

Skinart82
10-30-2015, 06:09 PM
This is why I can't play fantasy football, I'm to much of a homer and would just pick the entire Steeler roster.

Butch
10-30-2015, 06:13 PM
This is why I could never play ff, I am only a Steeler fan. If they play for another team I may wish like hell a player from the other team was a Steelers (aka J.J. Watt), but I hope like hell they do bad and their team loses against us.

86WARD
10-30-2015, 06:42 PM
I just go with the best players. I just look at it as if the other team has to score, hopefully it's with my players.

TeeTee
10-31-2015, 11:28 AM
I just go with the best players. I just look at it as if the other team has to score, hopefully it's with my players.

You have to be somewhat objective. But as I said, in both choosing starters and drafting, all things being equal, I will nod towards Steeler players and away from Steelers known opponents, but ONLY if all things are equal. It turns out it was a good thing I didn't lean towards Brown or Ben too early, however, down the stretch (or right now) that is gonna change in a hurry. Picked up Dalton as an undrafted free agent, and he's been saving my season. Also picked up Dion Lewis as an undrafted free agent and he has been a big help. This week I am starting both Dalton and Hill, and will scream in anger if they score, but will follow up with "at least it's helping my ff team" in a softer tone, after the angry yell.