PDA

View Full Version : Cincy Week - Keys to the game

Rotorhead
10-27-2015, 10:56 AM
Surprised nobody has started this thread yet . . .

So I will start, my keys to the game are:
1. Shut down Eifert, whatever that takes, chip him, jam him, cover him, just make him a non-factor.
2. Ben needs to shake any rust early.
3. Get pressure on Dalton (last week we barely touched the most sacked QB in the league, that needs to change).
4. Don't lose the TO battle.
5. Stars need to have star performances (AB needs to step up now that his QB is back).
6. Wrap-up, wrap-up, wrap-up!

86WARD
10-27-2015, 11:10 AM
What indications have you seen that will lead to #1 being accomplished?

Rotorhead
10-27-2015, 11:17 AM
None, it is just a key to winning IMO. Eifert is their top receiving threat, so we should game plan to stop him.

salamander
10-27-2015, 11:35 AM
None, it is just a key to winning IMO. Eifert is their top receiving threat, so we should game plan to stop him.

Which means he'll go for about 200 yds and 3 TD's.

tube517
10-27-2015, 11:36 AM

fansince'76
10-27-2015, 11:53 AM
What indications have you seen that will lead to #1 being accomplished?

http://www.amaranthpublishing.com/howdy2.jpg
:chuckle:

tube517
10-27-2015, 11:55 AM
https://majorleaguefantasysports.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/daltonfarkus.jpg

TD's & Beer
10-27-2015, 12:10 PM
Getting Ben back is the only one that really matters

Rotorhead
10-27-2015, 12:26 PM
So . . . nobody else has any ideas or thoughts on their keys to win this game . . .

tube517
10-27-2015, 12:41 PM
So . . . nobody else has any ideas or thoughts on their keys to win this game . . .

1. Ben is back
2. Don't turn the ball over.
3. Force turnovers and pressure the Red Musket. He wilts under pressure.
4. Go to some no huddle to get ahead of the Bungles.
5. Get some throws to Heath.
6. Tackle tackle tackle.

teegre
10-27-2015, 12:54 PM
Keys to victory:

1. Start Brandon Boykin
2. Leave Brandon Boykin in the game.
3. Keep Brandon Boykin hydrated.
4. Clean Brandon Boykin's cleats.
5. Protect BB, run Bell, throw to AB, hit Bryant deep, wrap up, get pressure, hold the Bengals to field goals, do not settle for field goals/finish drives with touchdowns... and, allow Brandon Boykin to call all of the offensive and defensive plays.

ALLD
10-27-2015, 01:10 PM
Send Haley out for sandwiches and let Ben call the plays on offense.

86WARD
10-27-2015, 01:20 PM
1. Healthy Ben Roethlisberger.

2. Protect Ben Roethlisberger.

3. Stop Tyler Eifert...they won't have an answer for him.

4. Pressure Big Red.

5. Make a Tackle.

6. No FGs.

And for good measure...

7. Don't trust Tomlin's "gut".

Rotorhead
10-27-2015, 02:25 PM
1. Healthy Ben Roethlisberger.

2. Protect Ben Roethlisberger.

3. Stop Tyler Eifert...they won't have an answer for him.

4. Pressure Big Red.

5. Make a Tackle.

6. No FGs.

And for good measure...

7. Don't trust Tomlin's "gut".

Can we trust his "Cool Shades"?

TeeTee
10-27-2015, 03:03 PM

Like we game planned to stop Gronk? We sure did a good job there. We literally had no one covering him on some plays.

Drazo85
10-27-2015, 04:40 PM
http://downloads.ryanrobinson.com/blog/ducttape.jpg

1.Use lot of duct tape to patch secondary
2. Pray to God it holds long enough
3. See 1. and 2.

Count Steeler
10-27-2015, 04:49 PM
Ask for a night game.

Cincy coming off a bye and confident. Steelers are the walking wounded, but Ben is starting. Going to be a typical grind it out AFC North battle. Hope we score 3 points more then them.

stillers4me
10-27-2015, 04:56 PM
Keys to victory:

1. Start Brandon Boykin
2. Leave Brandon Boykin in the game.
3. Keep Brandon Boykin hydrated.
4. Clean Brandon Boykin's cleats.
5. Protect BB, run Bell, throw to AB, hit Bryant deep, wrap up, get pressure, hold the Bengals to field goals, do not settle for field goals/finish drives with touchdowns... and, allow Brandon Boykin to call all of the offensive and defensive plays.

Start 3 threads as soon as the game is over to discuss how Brandon Boykin played.

tube517
10-27-2015, 06:05 PM
http://downloads.ryanrobinson.com/blog/ducttape.jpg

1.Use lot of duct tape to patch secondary
2. Pray to God it holds long enough
3. See 1. and 2.

Boykin has been "patched" with this: http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/07/19/80/00/0007198000052_500X500.jpg

Texasteel
10-27-2015, 07:14 PM
We need to keep the ball in Bens hand, and keep the Cincys hands on the bench hopefully growing cold. Do not want to get into a shooting match with that team, at this point, maybe later on, but not in this game. I do have high hopes for this game, but I think it is going to rest on Ben and Bell.

steelreserve
10-27-2015, 08:21 PM
Our best shot at stopping Eifert is to send Blake out to kick him right in the dick on the first play of the game.

Then not only will Eifert be thrown off his game, but as a bonus Blake will be ejected, so we'll have to replace him with someone who possibly has a clue how to cover people.

I would also accept Cam Thomas for this job. Although ideally, maybe he and Blake could just get in some argument where they rip off their helmets and try to beat each other to death with them, and whoever's still alive is the one to kick Eifert in the dick.

steel striker
10-27-2015, 08:22 PM
Keep Ben clean and, score TD's in the red/deadzone would be a good start. Somehow how get a jam on their TE. Let's see what Boykin can do but, tough match up this week. I think Ben is going to use Bell as much as possible and, hopefully Heath will make a difference as well. I know usually when Ben returns from an injury he tends to be rusty maybe this week he bucks that trend. Bengals coming off a bye and, maybe getting Ben back will give the steelers the shot in the arm they need. Both teams have big time playmakers should be a good game and, hopefully the good guys find a way to win this.

Shoes
10-27-2015, 08:32 PM
Our best shot at stopping Eifert is to send Blake out to kick him right in the dick on the first play of the game.

Then not only will Eifert be thrown off his game, but as a bonus Blake will be ejected, so we'll have to replace him with someone who possibly has a clue how to cover people.

I would also accept Cam Thomas for this job. Although ideally, maybe he and Blake could just get in some argument where they rip off their helmets and try to beat each other to death with them, and whoever's still alive is the one to kick Eifert in the dick.

That's a very expressive game plan! :chuckle:

teegre
10-27-2015, 08:42 PM

Post. Of. The. Day!!!

:rofl2:

Devilsdancefloor
10-27-2015, 09:07 PM
key to the game do not let the bungels have alead and keep your foot on their throats when you have a lead

pepsyman1
10-28-2015, 12:53 AM

Lmao...oh jeez, I'm crying I'm laughing so hard. That's priceless.

Psycho Ward 86
10-28-2015, 01:26 AM

:lol:

hawaiiansteeler
10-28-2015, 01:31 AM

Dri Archer is the right height where he could just bite him in the dick...:)

steelreserve
10-28-2015, 08:40 AM
Dri Archer is the right height where he could just bite him in the dick...:)

Hmm ... zombie Dri Archer. That could add a new wrinkle to the return game. Couldn't be any worse than the real Dri Archer. I'd trade him for Glenn too.