PDA

View Full Version : Boykin confident about stepping in for Gay, if needed

hawaiiansteeler
10-26-2015, 08:10 PM
Steelers notebook: Boykin confident about stepping in for Gay, if needed

By Mark Kaboly
Monday, Oct. 26, 2015

Cornerback William Gay left Sunday's game against the Chiefs late in the fourth quarter with a shoulder injury that could open a door for Brandon Boykin to finally see extended play.

The Steelers acquired Boykin from the Eagles on Aug. 1 for a conditional 2016 fifth-round pick. That pick could be a fourth-round selection if Boykin plays 60 percent of the defensive snaps for the Steelers.

Through seven games, Boykin has played only 3.4 percent (17 of 490).

That number could increase significantly Sunday against the Bengals this week if Gay, who has played in 135 consecutive games, is limited or forced to miss the game.

“If there is an opportunity for me to play, I want to play,” Boykin said. “I am capable of doing it. I have to be patient and wait for that to happen and when it happens, I am 1,000 percent sure that I am going to do what I have been doing the past three or four years of my career.”

Boykin spent three years with the Eagles and played every game. He has seven career interceptions, including a team-high six in 2013.

“Things will happen for me and when I get on the field, I promise you, it will be what it is supposed to be,” Boykin said.

to read rest of article:

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9326522-74/boykin-game-tuitt#ixzz3pj5NxIdd

ALLD
10-26-2015, 08:52 PM
Please don't tell me Tomlin was holding this guy back to keep the compensation pick as a 5th instead of 4th round.

zulater
10-26-2015, 08:54 PM
Please don't tell me Tomlin was holding this guy back to keep the compensation pick as a 5th instead of 4th round.

Considering what they gave uo for Scobee, maybe so?

That would make some sense at least.

Shoes
10-26-2015, 09:33 PM

Lets hope he's not that far gone.

teegre
10-26-2015, 09:38 PM
...notice a theme...

StillCurtains
10-27-2015, 01:59 AM
Looks like Boykin just stuck his head out of the doghouse and started barking to let Tomlin know he's still there. I sure hope he has a loud bark, because Tomlins' not that good of hearing.

86WARD
10-27-2015, 05:55 AM
Tomlin will just make sure he nails the house shut if Boykin is yapping. What's the worst that can happen? Another talented player falls in his lap despite himself? That list is starting to get long...lol.

teegre
10-27-2015, 07:00 AM
That list is starting to get long...lol.

Who exactly???

I've seen that comment time & time again, but I'm not exactly sure to whom you are referring...

86WARD
10-27-2015, 07:49 AM
This is actually the first time Inrecall writing that.

Lets see:

You have Martavis Bryant over Justin Brown and an injury prone Lance Moore. But that's not really falling in to his lap...that was more of him being late to the party.

You have Landry Jones over Mike Vick due to injury.

You had Brice McCain due to the Taylor/Allen injuries last year. You could add the 2014 Blake to that list too...I guess.

I feel like I'm forgetting someone.

Doesn't make Tomlin a bad person...