PDA

View Full Version : Concerns for Big Ben?

StillCurtains
10-26-2015, 03:49 PM
I for one have my concerns for Ben.

First off, I'm concerned for his health. Will he be ok after any amount of contact? Will any of Ben's instinctive play making abilities outside the pocket cause reinjury? I sure hope not, because if we lose him we're done.

Can we expect rust? I would think so. History suggests that this is the case with Ben returning from injury. For this reason, I give Ben a mulligan for this game despite how he plays. I do know however that he will be better than what we've had on the field. So with that, I'm not expecting him to light it up.

If he does so happen to light it up however, he will have to put up 50 to win this game. Tomlin has not made changes to the secondary all season, so I surely don't expect him to do it now. The secondary will be shredded for 400 plus yards and several TD's.

That will put even more pressure on Ben which will make our offense 1 dimensional. Not a good situation for Ben in his first game back. Playing from behind will put the Bengals in pass rush mode for the majority of the game, pinning their ears back to come after Ben putting him at risk to injury.

It also doesn't help Ben that we have Pouncey and Beachum down. We have to get in playoff mode now, but with Tomlin ignoring secondary changes, it will be even difficult for our MVP Ben to overcome.

I hope this is not the case, because Ben was playing at an incredible level before his injury. However if Tomlin doesn't wake up, it will be another wasted season on the incredible efforts of our great quarterback.

fansince'76
10-26-2015, 03:52 PM
Methinks you give the Bengals WAAAYYY too much credit. We only allowed 28 to the Patriots. In Foxboro. Despite them dicking with the headsets for the entire first half. Yet we have to drop 50+ to overcome the Bengals in Heinz? Not seeing it.

zulater
10-26-2015, 04:00 PM
50 to win this game? Get real. :nono:

I hate to be so dismissive, but really that's just stupid. :doh:

Craic
10-26-2015, 04:02 PM
I really really wish we would have won that game yesterday so the coaches could have held Ben out this game just in case. Guess that's not going to work (nor could I see Ben sitting if he felt better, but it was a hope nonetheless).

StillCurtains
10-26-2015, 04:45 PM
50 to win this game? Get real. :nono:

I hate to be so dismissive, but really that's just stupid. :doh:

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to exaggerate the situation. I hope you get the gist of what I'm saying though. I think we need to score alot of points. I hope you guys are right and I'm wrong on this one.

zulater
10-26-2015, 05:09 PM
Sorry guys, I didn't mean to exaggerate the situation. I hope you get the gist of what I'm saying though. I think we need to score alot of points. I hope you guys are right and I'm wrong on this one.

You never know how a game is going to play out? But I do think it would be a good idea if we light up the scoreboard into the 30's.

SteelMayhem72
10-26-2015, 05:16 PM
Methinks you give the Bengals WAAAYYY too much credit. We only allowed 28 to the Patriots. In Foxboro. Despite them dicking with the headsets for the entire first half. Yet we have to drop 50+ to overcome the Bengals in Heinz? Not seeing it.
That was first game of the season versus the pats. If that would have been after the first game of the season we would have been beat 20+

SteelMayhem72
10-26-2015, 05:18 PM
Im with ya...i said the same thing earlier on another thread

fansince'76
10-26-2015, 05:21 PM
That was first game of the season versus the pats. If that would have been after the first game of the season we would have been beat 20+

Maybe, maybe not. That was also the game where our defense was running around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off and people were calling for Butler's head, as I recall. Seems to me they've played a lot better since then, overall.

Shoes
10-26-2015, 07:40 PM
I don't think Ben has any concern so why should anyone else. He's the only way we win this week and I think he knows that. I wish they would have won Sunday, but maybe the loss will be a blessing. Getting your nose pushed into the dirt and embarrassing yourself sometimes does wonders.

Shazier had a game to knock off some rust and maybe Tuitt will be back. I'm not worried about the Bengals high-powered offense. AZ was supposed to be an offense machine and it didn't go so well for them. Hopefully someone will put a foot in Tomlin's a$$ and he'll release Boykin from solitary confinement.

hawaiiansteeler
10-26-2015, 07:52 PM
he will have to put up 50 to win this game.

the Bungals have a pretty good defense, we won't be able to score anywhere near that against them...

BigBen2004
10-26-2015, 08:55 PM
the Bungals have a pretty good defense, we won't be able to score anywhere near that against them...

Our defense is better than theirs, statistically speaking. I think they're getting way too much credit for this start to the season. Who have they beaten that is truly a good team? Most of their wins are against sub .500 teams.
Dalton is due to a stinker. I believe Sunday will be that game. We'll beat Cincinnati. No doubt in my mind. I'm kinda glad we lost to KC, in hindsight. We have three straight home games. We could start a little roll here and be 7-3 heading into the bye

SteelMayhem72
10-26-2015, 09:00 PM
Our defense is better than theirs, statistically speaking. I think they're getting way too much credit for this start to the season. Who have they beaten that is truly a good team? Most of their wins are against sub .500 teams.
Dalton is due to a stinker. I believe Sunday will be that game. We'll beat Cincinnati. No doubt in my mind. I'm kinda glad we lost to KC, in hindsight. We have three straight home games. We could start a little roll here and be 7-3 heading into the bye
Wish i felt as positive about this game as you do

Count Steeler
10-26-2015, 09:13 PM
Too bad it isn't a night game, cause Dalton is fraid of the dark.

StillCurtains
10-27-2015, 01:43 AM
Too bad it isn't a night game, cause Dalton is fraid of the dark.

Ok now that was funny! LOL!!

TD's & Beer
10-27-2015, 10:41 AM
The only thing that really matters is getting Ben back. If he practices with the 1s tomorrow and the rest of the week and feels OK, he should play .

86WARD
10-27-2015, 11:12 AM
Damn I hope he plays...

TD's & Beer
10-27-2015, 12:13 PM
No limitations on Roethlisberger this week (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1181/ben-roethlisberger)

Coach Mike Tomlin said there will be no reservations or limitations on Ben Roethlisberger (knee) this week.

Tomlin added the plan is for Roethlisberger to start. Ben said in a radio interview Tuesday Tomlin will decide his status for this week, and it appears Tomlin has decided he will play.

86WARD
10-27-2015, 01:23 PM
Like.

TeeTee
10-27-2015, 01:30 PM
Did you see him "practice" last week. He didn't move his feet or legs. He wasn't anywhere near healed. I am not sure he will even play this week. Cool Shades might be trying to be super tricky again.

Steel 36 Bus
10-27-2015, 02:11 PM
Tony Gonzales on the CBS pregames show this past sunday. said he couldn't believe Ben was not playing vs the chefs. said he watched him warm up and said he looked great. Ben said on the 93.7 the fan this morning that he pushed it to hard on Thursday. felt something twinge in his knee went home and was feeling really bad. but by the weekend it was feeling better. said hope he doesn't have anything like that happen this week in practice.

TeeTee
10-27-2015, 02:59 PM
Tony Gonzales on the CBS pregames show this past sunday. said he couldn't believe Ben was not playing vs the chefs. said he watched him warm up and said he looked great. Ben said on the 93.7 the fan this morning that he pushed it to hard on Thursday. felt something twinge in his knee went home and was feeling really bad. but by the weekend it was feeling better. said hope he doesn't have anything like that happen this week in practice.

All I know is in the video i watched, he wasn't moving his lower body whatsoever. It wasn't a "practice" - all it was really was Ben throwing the ball to one receiver, nothing else. And now Ben admits he semi-re-hurt his knee on Thurs? Not good. I'd say there is a 50-50% chance he plays. With Tomlin coming out saying there is zero restriction on Ben in practice makes me think the opposite is probably true. Cool Shades lives to lie, even when it's obvious.

http://static.tumblr.com/9ee1da5b4f5a35dad7e667be344a0eb0/xwb5shk/hApmj0lm0/tumblr_static_coolshades02.jpg

Godfather
10-27-2015, 04:14 PM
I'm not sure it's trickery. They're going to start Ben if they can and they're proceeding as if that's the case, but they won't know for sure until gameday.

TeeTee
10-27-2015, 04:54 PM
I'm not sure it's trickery. They're going to start Ben if they can and they're proceeding as if that's the case, but they won't know for sure until gameday.

I read that Ben said he re-hurt his knee on Thursday and he felt something "pop" in his knee and it was painful. That doesn't sound real solid to me.

TD's & Beer
10-28-2015, 08:26 AM
We'll know more with Ben at practice today.

Then tomorrow if can do it again and the knee doesn't swell up after

then after the next practice

like that

He's not out of the woods yet

TD's & Beer
10-28-2015, 10:16 AM
Like I said

Roethlisberger “not getting hopes up” due to potential swelling

Though the Steelers are preparing to have Ben Roethlisberger back from a four-week absence for this week’s game vs. the Bengals, Roethlisberger told reporters Wednesday he’s “not getting [his] hopes up” until he sees how his knee reacts to the practice week.

Roethlisberger practiced last week on a limited basis, and he said his knee swelled up. That inflamation kept him out of last Friday’s practice, though doctors told Roethlisberger that was normal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tial-swelling/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/28/roethlisberger-not-getting-hopes-up-due-to-potential-swelling/)

86WARD
10-28-2015, 10:34 AM
I'd rather take the loss with Jones than take the loss and risk Ben's health. I think with or without Ben, the Bengals offense will be too much for the Steelers D.

tube517
10-28-2015, 11:31 AM
I'd rather take the loss with Jones than take the loss and risk Ben's health. I think with or without Ben, the Bengals offense will be too much for the Steelers D.

If Tuitt doesn't go, that will be a big loss.

TeeTee
10-28-2015, 12:44 PM
I'd take dropping to 4-4 but have Ben back 95% for next game, then have him risking re-injury win or lose. If we drop to 4-4 but get Ben back nearly 100% for the rest of the season,
I can easily see them going 6-2 the rest of the season and make the play offs at 10-6, hopefully with the team mostly intact for the final push. If Ben's knee hurts and/or swells at all
in practice, don't play him this week.

tube517
10-28-2015, 12:58 PM
659374708073353216 :pray:

TeeTee
10-28-2015, 03:02 PM
659374708073353216 :pray:

Read this.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Is-Ben-back/d6f4a1bd-d795-4561-afc9-69219d1bcea5

He sure doesn't sound like a sure thing to me. My guess is we will hear on Sunday AM that he is a scratch, and that will be awesome because Cinci will have been bamboozled by Cool Shades to prepare for Ben, not Jones.

It will be such a high level of subterfuge, that Cool Shades will give us a chance to win! He is so colossally tricky!

teegre
10-28-2015, 03:18 PM
Read this.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Is-Ben-back/d6f4a1bd-d795-4561-afc9-69219d1bcea5

He sure doesn't sound like a sure thing to me. My guess is we will hear on Sunday AM that he is a scratch, and that will be awesome because Cinci will have been bamboozled by Cool Shades to prepare for Ben, not Jones.

It will be such a high level of subterfuge, that Cool Shades will give us a chance to win! He is so colossally tricky!

On Tuesday, they reported that BB is slated to start, unless there is a setback. Nobody knows how BB's knee will react/if there will be a setback.

Even if he did indeed know, why should any coach tell you anything? Really. They only have pressers because the NFL dictates that they do; otherwise, coaches wouldn't tell the media a damn thing.

Tomlin owes you NOTHING... stop being so butthurt about it.

TeeTee
10-28-2015, 03:42 PM
On Tuesday, they reported that BB is slated to start, unless there is a setback. Nobody knows how BB's knee will react/if there will be a setback.

Even if he did indeed know, why should any coach tell you anything? Really. They only have pressers because the NFL dictates that they do; otherwise, coaches wouldn't tell the media a damn thing.

Tomlin owes you NOTHING... stop being so butthurt about it.

No, Widget Willy, you are missing the point, AGAIN.

I don't think Cool Shades owes me anything; I just find it embarrassing when he thinks he is fooling anyone when it's obvious anyone with two brain cells sees through his attempted subterfuge.

He fools NO ONE. But he is oblivious that it is so obvious. Well, no one ever said he was the sharpest knife in the drawer.

86WARD
10-28-2015, 04:37 PM
^^^ Tee on tee crime...

TeeTee
10-28-2015, 04:58 PM
^^^ Tee on tee crime...
:rofl2::rofl2:

teegre
10-28-2015, 05:56 PM
No, Widget Willy, you are missing the point, AGAIN.

I don't think Cool Shades owes me anything; I just find it embarrassing when he thinks he is fooling anyone when it's obvious anyone with two brain cells sees through his attempted subterfuge.

He fools NO ONE. But he is oblivious that it is so obvious. Well, no one ever said he was the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Yep... butthurt.

vasteeler
10-28-2015, 07:38 PM
Read this.

not trying to pile on but what exactly is your point?

st33lersguy
10-28-2015, 09:05 PM
I really hope we get Ben back, and get Ben back at full strength. I can't stand another week without him

TD's & Beer
10-29-2015, 05:38 PM
Roethlisberger having 'no issues' with knee (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1181/ben-roethlisberger)

Ben Roethlisberger experienced "no issues" with his knee after getting in another full practice on Thursday.

"It feels good again, we’re moving forward pretty good," Roethlisberger said afterward. Big Ben can now be considered 100 percent certain to start against the Bengals.

TD's & Beer
10-30-2015, 01:20 PM
Looking good

Ben Roethlisberger (knee) probable for Week 8 (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1181/ben-roethlisberger)

hawaiiansteeler
10-30-2015, 01:49 PM
Looking good

Ben Roethlisberger (knee) probable for Week 8 (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1181/ben-roethlisberger)

https://media.giphy.com/media/ZtMkorgeyRu5q/giphy.gif