PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin needs to swallow his pride and finally do what's right!

StillCurtains
10-25-2015, 10:25 PM
I know we were under rough circumstances with a 3rd string quarterback. We had some bad playcalling. I can't pin the blame on Landry because we had no other options at quarterback.

Yes Cam Thomas killed us, but at least he had to be in there with Tuitt out. Maybe McCullers could have been used there more. Yes there were missed tackles all over the field. Why do we continue to put Timmons on tight ends and have him 50 yards down the field?

The results continue to be the same there. Timmons does not have the speed to cover. Why not put Shazier in that role more?

Now Tomlin's biggest blunder. He continued to play with fire with Blake and finally lost him a game. He chose to ignore the obvious all season and mainly last week because he got the win. Karma finally hit Tomlin for his constant mishandling of Cortez and Boykin. Gay gets hurt and his status for next week is unknown.

He starts Cortez on the depth chart behind Blake to open the season. The only bad play on Cortez was a bogus PI call against Edelman. Blake gets toasted all year but continues to start. Cortez hurts his knee, but has been a participant in practice the past several weeks. Now they put him on IR for the season to keep from playing him.

Boykin, a well established and experienced 4 year corner was brought in via trade. The reason he was traded was because he didn't fit Kelly's height preferences. He always has had significant snaps throughout his career and is hands down the best corner on the roster.

Some speculate his attitude. If he does have one, he has good reason. He played much more in Philly. He was traded which means he didn't ask to be here. On top of all of that he is playing behind a special teamer.

Some say that he doesn't know the defense and may not be practicing well. This is bogus. He is a well polished experienced veteran corner. He was in camp for several weeks. Early reports from coaches in camp was that he was practicing well, was a quick study, and was an asset because he had experience with the cover 2.

So what changed? Ross Cockrell. Granted Cockrell is better than Blake, but not Boykin. Cockrell is an inexperienced second year corner picked up via trade from Buffalo. He also was not in training camp. He didn't get many snaps in Buffalo last year. Being that I have watched Boykin's whole career, I know for a fact he doesn't have Boykin's skillset.

Does anyone feel he is outperforming a well accomplished Boykin in practice, or he's 10 times smarter than Boykin jumping in front of him on the depth chart although he wasn't in camp in Boykin was? I don't buy it.

This is political favoritism. All was fine with Boykin as the early reports indicated. It wasn't until Tomlin landed Cockrell at the last minute when things all changed. Cockrell was a draft target by Tomlin in last year's draft. Therefore, he plays.

What about Blake? Well Tomlin is known for publicly criticizing his players in the press. Remember him calling out Willie Parker when he said they were getting away from Steeler football in 2008? His comments were: I walk past 5 Lombardies every day not 5 rushing titles.

Remember him getting on Hampton and Woodley in camp due to their weight?

Remember him repeatedly calling Wallace a one trick pony? So how many times have you heard him criticize Blake in his pressers or in practice despite his poor play? Why not? Because he's his pet.

The reason that Cortez and Blake don't play has nothing to do with their incapabilities, it's due to the fact that Blake and Cockrell are his pets. Did anyone see the contrast between Blake and Boykin when Blake was momentarily out?

I'm sure you did. Tomlin needs to swallow his pride and bench Blake before he wrecks our season.

Shoes
10-25-2015, 10:30 PM
Boykin has been in solitary confinement reading the memoir & remains of Lance Moore, scratched on the dog house wall.

hawaiiansteeler
10-25-2015, 11:25 PM
Cockrell is an inexperienced second year corner picked up via trade from Buffalo.

not true.

Cockrell was released by the Bills in their first round of cuts and the Steelers signed him to a one-year contract as a free agent.

86WARD
10-25-2015, 11:57 PM
We're not sure Boykin will be any better. We can speculate that he would be given his experience and game films, but we may never get to find out due to the teams stubbornness not to play him. At this stage, if he comes out and turns out to have developed into the next Rod Woodson, I would doubt he'd sign to play for this team, regardless of how much money they wanted to offer him...he was another "wasted draft pick".

StillCurtains
10-26-2015, 12:16 AM
not true.

Cockrell was released by the Bills in their first round of cuts and the Steelers signed him to a one-year contract as a free agent.

Sorry hawaiiansteeler! You're absolutely correct on that. He is pretty inexperienced though not getting many snaps in Buffalo. Thanks for cleaning up my error for me, and everyone else here. I really appreciate it!

SteelerFanInStl
10-26-2015, 07:36 AM
We're not sure Boykin will be any better. We can speculate that he would be given his experience and game films, but we may never get to find out due to the teams stubbornness not to play him. At this stage, if he comes out and turns out to have developed into the next Rod Woodson, I would doubt he'd sign to play for this team, regardless of how much money they wanted to offer him...he was another "wasted draft pick".
Yes we are. Blake is the worst CB in the NFL.

SteelMayhem72
10-26-2015, 08:03 AM
This is more about Tomlin rather than abilities or lack there of...maybe these other players are not kissing enough Tomlin ass who knows. All i know is that some of this shit better get fixed and quick. At this point i dont even see us competing for a wild card. Three teams are gonna surpass us and thats the raiders,jets, and dolphins. These next 3 games at home is gonna tell us exactly what we need to know about out team...contender or pretender?

SteelMayhem72
10-26-2015, 08:04 AM
This is more about Tomlin rather than abilities or lack there of...maybe these other players are not kissing enough Tomlin ass who knows. All i know is that some of this shit better get fixed and quick. At this point i dont even see us competing for a wild card. Three teams are gonna surpass us and thats the raiders,jets, and dolphins. These next 3 games at home is gonna tell us exactly what we need to know about out team...contender or pretender?
Sorry..."our" team

fansince'76
10-26-2015, 09:56 AM

If the playoffs started tomorrow, we'd be in as the 6th seed. And you don't think there will be any difference with Ben coming back and the absolute shitshow we've been forced to endure for the last month at the QB position, rust or no rust? Really?

teegre
10-26-2015, 09:58 AM
If the playoffs started tomorrow, we'd be in as the 6th seed. And you don't think there will be any difference with Ben coming back and the absolute shitshow we've been forced to endure for the last month at the QB position, rust or no rust? Really?

Didn't you hear... Tomlin is going to bench BB for the remainder of the season, in favor of Vick.

SteelMayhem72
10-26-2015, 10:18 AM
Im not denying that of course there will be a difference that goes without saying

SteelMayhem72
10-26-2015, 10:21 AM
Thing is the playoffs dont start tomorrow and the coaches better start putting the "better" players on the field i dont care what kind of vendetta tomlin has. Give your team a chance to win. Blake nor jarvis jones deserve to be starting

Rotorhead
10-26-2015, 11:42 AM
If our defense puts on a show next week similar to the one this week (shit show that is), then I don't think it will matter who is at QB, we will get crushed. Remember we can't seem to cover any TE's, and the Bungles have a good one. Not to mention one of the top offenses in the NFL. Hell, I would just throw the ball only to Blake's side if I were ANY team, because that will be a 99% chance of a 1st down each throw all the way down the field. The change from Blake to Boykin NEEDS to be made. If Boykin is no better then what does it matter, it is impossible for him to be worse because Blake doesnt actually cover anyone, just hits people (and half the time he doesnt even wrap up). Also, someone needs to start putting people in the dog house for not wrapping up, this is getting ridiculous. Simply wrapping up would have changed the game. It should be simple, if someone misses a tackle due to not wrapping up, they sit the next play or 2. You want to play, you wrap up, period.
The fact is, I would give the Arizona win for either a Baltimore or KC win anyday. Yes I am fine with going 2-2 with Ben gone, unfortunately we won the wrong 2 games. We are still fine for making the playoffs, and even possibly overtaking Cincy (we would need to sweep them), but we need to get this team playing at a high level each week from here on out, starting next week.

tube517
10-26-2015, 11:46 AM
Didn't you hear... Tomlin is going to bench BB for the remainder of the season, in favor of Vick.

Tomlin will be in WSOP. Watch out! He's dangerous w/cool shades and a deck of cards!

SteelMayhem72
10-26-2015, 11:47 AM
If our defense puts on a show next week similar to the one this week (shit show that is), then I don't think it will matter who is at QB, we will get crushed. Remember we can't seem to cover any TE's, and the Bungles have a good one. Not to mention one of the top offenses in the NFL. Hell, I would just throw the ball only to Blake's side if I were ANY team, because that will be a 99% chance of a 1st down each throw all the way down the field. The change from Blake to Boykin NEEDS to be made. If Boykin is no better then what does it matter, it is impossible for him to be worse because Blake doesnt actually cover anyone, just hits people (and half the time he doesnt even wrap up). Also, someone needs to start putting people in the dog house for not wrapping up, this is getting ridiculous. Simply wrapping up would have changed the game. It should be simple, if someone misses a tackle due to not wrapping up, they sit the next play or 2. You want to play, you wrap up, period.
The fact is, I would give the Arizona win for either a Baltimore or KC win anyday. Yes I am fine with going 2-2 with Ben gone, unfortunately we won the wrong 2 games. We are still fine for making the playoffs, and even possibly overtaking Cincy (we would need to sweep them), but we need to get this team playing at a high level each week from here on out, starting next week.
This.

ETL
10-26-2015, 12:39 PM
I see a lot of hindsight in this post

so let's say Boykin was named the starter in week 1 and he sucked. Would this be about why Blake is so good and he should be starting over Boykin?

it seems not having had the opportunity to possibly suck has made Boykin a future star in the making.

Or let's say Blake started and he sucked so Tomlin does what you say and replaces him with Boykin and let's say he sucks as well and then you say it should be Blake again. Or since you know we are out of CBs who have not had the opportunity to suck - you might then talk about how Colbert and the steelers are horrible at picking cornerbacks and blah blah blah

Look, I'm not happy with how the corners are playing. Yesterday it seemed that we could not get off the field in 3rd downs. KC seemed to convert them all and it was killing the team.

However, I don't know if that is a function of corners or something else. I saw that we couldn't get a rush on Smith with just out front guys. And it seemed that KC was very familiar with the holes in our zone defense.

I dont think Blake is the sole reason the defense played badly and that Boykin is the answer. I think we need a better pass rush and we need to disguise our zone coverages better. If Boykin does play - I'll root for him but I don't see him as the one player that this defense is hinging on for success

86WARD
10-26-2015, 01:03 PM
If Boykin sucked...we'd at the very least then know. As of now, we have zero clue...he could be the next Deion Sanders...but we wouldn't know...

tube517
10-26-2015, 01:09 PM
so let's say Boykin was named the starter in week 1 and he sucked. Would this be about why Blake is so good and he should be starting over Boykin?

We saw how Blake played last year. He is a special teams player and a backup at best. He got thrown in the mix last year due to injuries and Cortez's meltdown and was not really that good.

Why trade for Boykin at all?

teegre
10-26-2015, 01:12 PM
Tomlin will be in WSOP. Watch out! He's dangerous w/cool shades and a deck of cards!

WSOP ANNOUNCER: Tomlin has a 2 and a 7 off suit. Belichick has a 3 and a 6 off suit. Cowher has a pair of 2's.

TOMLIN: I'm all in. I don't live in my fears.

STEELERSFAN: I wonder if Tomlin has aces... I wish he'd tell me. Why does he lie to me!?! It insults my intelligence.

THE FLOP: 2 of diamonds, 10 of hearts, queen of spades

WSOP ANNOUNCER: Great flop for Cowher.

COWHER: I fold... that's a turtle hand.

BELICHICK: I'm all it.

THE TURN: 7 of hearts

THE RIVER: 7 of diamonds

WSOP ANNOUNCER: Tomkin has Belichick dead to rites. Tomlin has a full house 2's, and 7's.

BELICHICK: I have two 7's.

WSOP ANNOUNCER: Wait... where did Belichick get those 7's from!?!

GOODELL: Stop asking questions.

Rotorhead
10-26-2015, 01:17 PM
I see a lot of hindsight in this post

it seems not having had the opportunity to possibly suck has made Boykin a future star in the making.

Or let's say Blake started and he sucked so Tomlin does what you say and replaces him with Boykin and let's say he sucks as well and then you say it should be Blake again. Or since you know we are out of CBs who have not had the opportunity to suck - you might then talk about how Colbert and the steelers are horrible at picking cornerbacks and blah blah blah

Look, I'm not happy with how the corners are playing. Yesterday it seemed that we could not get off the field in 3rd downs. KC seemed to convert them all and it was killing the team.

However, I don't know if that is a function of corners or something else. I saw that we couldn't get a rush on Smith with just out front guys. And it seemed that KC was very familiar with the holes in our zone defense.

I dont think Blake is the sole reason the defense played badly and that Boykin is the answer. I think we need a better pass rush and we need to disguise our zone coverages better. If Boykin does play - I'll root for him but I don't see him as the one player that this defense is hinging on for success

I agree that Boykin is not the answer to all our woes, but at this point, you got to give him a chance over Blake. We KNOW at this point Blake can not cover a 3 legged turtle. Boykin couldn't be worse. If fact, the few times he has played (like 15 snaps) i recall seeing him make at least to pass break-ups . . . that is 2 MORE pass break up that Blake (yes sarcasm, but you get the idea). The other issue against KC was Cam Thomas in for Tuitt, our rush was severely limited with that change, but we all knew our DL lacked any real depth. I am pleasently surprised with Dupree, he is the real deal so far. JJ is just average. I can not for the life of me figure out why Shazier is not covering TE's. He is fast enough and physical enough. I also can not figure out why we can NEVER jam a TE at the LOS. And the final thought, why do we never run the stretch play on short yardage, we don't ALWAYS have to try to punch it up the middle again the top DL's in the league. For the love of everything holy, run Bell or DW outside the dam tackle if we have 2 yards to go, they are both fast enough to get the 2 yards off the edge.

B&GFever
10-26-2015, 01:39 PM
It is only hindsight if there is no evidence of the contrary ... we have evidence lots of it in the way of game tape .

We have seen Boykin play and his rankings of the prior few seasons , we have all witnessed Blakes play , out the window with the hindsight theory .

fansince'76
10-26-2015, 02:00 PM
WSOP ANNOUNCER: Tomlin has a 2 and a 7 off suit. Belichick has a 3 and a 6 off suit. Cowher has a pair of 2's.

STEELERSFAN: I wonder if Tomlin has aces... I wish he'd tell me. Why does he lie to me!?! It insults my intelligence.

WSOP ANNOUNCER: Tomkin has Belichick dead to rites. Tomlin has a full house 2's, and 7's.

STEELERSFAN: That Belichick - he's such a genius!

Fixed. :lol:

fansince'76
10-26-2015, 02:14 PM

tube517's post = apple pie.

Teegre's post = ice cream on top.

:rofl2:

teegre
10-26-2015, 02:18 PM
tube517's post = apple pie.

Teegre's post = ice cream on top.

:rofl2:

We're a comedy duo.

Our rendition of "Who's on first?" is called "Who's in the doghouse???"

Drazo85
10-26-2015, 02:45 PM
http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/collegefootball/01-Mark_Mangino-isu.jpg

If the Steelers are looking for a coach, this guy just became available.
He can add depth along both of the lines.

hawaiiansteeler
10-26-2015, 02:49 PM

put him at center, by the time the DT runs around him at least 4 or 5 seconds have gone by...:wink02:

tube517
10-26-2015, 04:16 PM

Isn't that the "Andy Reid" guy in the crowd at the game? :chuckle:

- - - Updated - - -

We're a comedy duo.

Our rendition of "Who's on first?" is called "Who's in the doghouse???"

:lol:

TeeTee
10-26-2015, 04:22 PM
If Boykin sucked...we'd at the very least then know. As of now, we have zero clue...he could be the next Deion Sanders...but we wouldn't know...
https://onlyjazzblog.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/boink1-e1394735671209.jpg

B&GFever
10-26-2015, 04:40 PM

thats a friend of mine , no really it is .. sammich Mangino

SteelerFanInStl
10-26-2015, 04:42 PM
It is only hindsight if there is no evidence of the contrary ... we have evidence lots of it in the way of game tape .

We have seen Boykin play and his rankings of the prior few seasons , we have all witnessed Blakes play , out the window with the hindsight theory .

Exactly. Why are people acting like Boykin is some rookie who's never played before? We have NFL tape on him and WE TRADED FOR HIM.

As far as Blake goes, after this week, he will most likely be the WORST DB in the NFL according to PFF. He was almost there last week and then went out and had another terrible game. Not just the worst starter, but the worst overall. Why wouldn't we at least try to replace him with someone else? Even if we didn't have Boykin on the roster, we should be bringing Grant off of the practice squad and giving him a shot.

ETL
10-26-2015, 05:25 PM
I don't know if the steelers are in a position to "let's find out what Boykins can do" mode. If we were 1-8 and we were planning for next year - then maybe but we need to place the best team out there and I guess I'm just trusting these coaches to tell us who that is. They have the most information on these guys.

Again, to me - someone unknown (I.e. Boykin) is not necessarily better and just because we lost one game does not make me want to rearrange everything. If Blake goes down with injury - that's a different story.

B&GFever
10-26-2015, 05:41 PM
I don't know if the steelers are in a position to "let's find out what Boykins can do" mode. If we were 1-8 and we were planning for next year - then maybe but we need to place the best team out there and I guess I'm just trusting these coaches to tell us who that is. They have the most information on these guys.

Again, to me - someone unknown (I.e. Boykin) is not necessarily better and just because we lost one game does not make me want to rearrange everything. If Blake goes down with injury - that's a different story.

again you are assuming he is an unknown ... fact is he is a known commodity

we know what Blake brings ( near the bottom of the heap league wide ) where as Boykin was near the top league wide a year ago in Philly

why do you trade for a guy you have no intention using when he has proven in this very league he is a superior player to who you are fielding ????

that is a question for the ages ...

and for the record I do not blame yesterdays loss on Blake per say but he was part of the problem and has been all season long ( weakest link on our defense IMO ) and we have a few weak links ....

tube517
10-26-2015, 05:41 PM

We will have more info on William Gay's status tomorrow which would be an opening for Boykin if Gay can't play vs the Bungles.

I'm actually more concerned about Tuitt right now.

NCSteeler
10-26-2015, 05:44 PM

How do you figure Boykin is unknown? He has three years of game tape, played well enough for us to trade for him . Blake has a year and a half of game tape and my best guess if we cut him he would not get claimed off waivers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

86WARD
10-26-2015, 05:59 PM
How do you figure Boykin is unknown? He has three years of game tape, played well enough for us to trade for him . Blake has a year and a half of game tape and my best guess if we cut him he would not get claimed off waivers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Steelers next couple opponents might claim him.

smokin3000gt
10-26-2015, 06:47 PM
I understand wanting to see Boykin out there and see what he can do. I'm curious as well but I don't understand this whole 'dog house/swallow pride' thing. Does anybody here really think that Boykin is lighting it up at practice and Tomlin is like "Nope. Not gonna do it."?? This guy is a professional whose job rides on the decisions he makes. I would think a little benefit of the doubt mixed with a little common sense would tell us that there is a damn good reason Boykin is sitting on the bench. The coaches get to see a lot more during practice then we do. I have to think that if he was a better option then he would be in there. Maybe the skill set is there but his attitude sucks. Maybe he is late to practice and team meetings constantly or he's batting balls down. Who knows. I'm not there but I seriously doubt Tomlin has him benched because he doesn't like the number 25 or because his feelings are hurt. I think we have to put a little faith in the people that get to see a lot more than we get to on a day to day basis.

hawaiiansteeler
10-26-2015, 06:50 PM
As far as Blake goes, after this week, he will most likely be the WORST DB in the NFL according to PFF. He was almost there last week and then went out and had another terrible game. Not just the worst starter, but the worst overall.

Blake graded out -2.0, I'll let you know as soon as the rankings are updated if Blake can maintain his lofty status as the 107th best CB...

ETL
10-26-2015, 06:53 PM
Unknown in the sense that he has not started this year. just because he hasn't played this year for the Steelers - and has not had the opportunity to stink as a Steeler - does not make him a better option to me

Your argument is basically - "he's someone different - let's try him". You can say that so easily and without consequence but the coaches WHOSE JOBS ARE ON THE LINE and THEIR FUTURE INCOMES DEPEND ON THESE DECISIONS have judged Blake to be the better player. And these coaches with their years of football knowledge and access to inside information that we don't have are betting their kids college funds on Blake over Boykin for now.

I know that Blake is not the best CB but I don't see why the coaches would choose to play him if they thought Boykins was a better option.

(Dejevu for me - feels the same when I was one of the few defending William Gay about 5-6 years ago)

B&GFever
10-26-2015, 07:17 PM
Unknown in the sense that he has not started this year. just because he hasn't played this year for the Steelers - and has not had the opportunity to stink as a Steeler - does not make him a better option to me

Your argument is basically - "he's someone different - let's try him". You can say that so easily and without consequence but the coaches WHOSE JOBS ARE ON THE LINE and THEIR FUTURE INCOMES DEPEND ON THESE DECISIONS have judged Blake to be the better player. And these coaches with their years of football knowledge and access to inside information that we don't have are betting their kids college funds on Blake over Boykin for now.

I know that Blake is not the best CB but I don't see why the coaches would choose to play him if they thought Boykins was a better option.

(Dejevu for me - feels the same when I was one of the few defending William Gay about 5-6 years ago)

you mean the same guys that bet the first 6 weeks of last season that Bryant wasnt ready , then magically the next week he was and set the world on fire .... Gotcha ( my guess is he would have been fine all along 3-4-6 weeks do not make a player what he is , he is either that or damned close or it is a year or two for significant improvement )

B&GFever
10-31-2015, 08:35 AM
http://steelcityblitz.com/2015/10/31/boykin-getting-splinters-due-to-spat-with-tomlin/

BigNastyDefense
10-31-2015, 10:10 AM
From what I read, Boykin wasn't happy about not getting snaps week one and let Tomlin know it in a rather demonstrative way. Doing that's going to get you in the doghouse. This isn't the Dallas Cowboys where going off on a coach and get called a "leader" for it.

86WARD
10-31-2015, 10:29 AM
From what I read, Boykin wasn't happy about not getting snaps week one and let Tomlin know it in a rather demonstrative way. Doing that's going to get you in the doghouse. This isn't the Dallas Cowboys where going off on a coach and get called a "leader" for it.

So it's better to field your worst players and hurt the team for 7 weeks. Good idea.

Shoes
10-31-2015, 11:14 AM
So it's better to field your worst players and hurt the team for 7 weeks. Good idea.

Yes, that's showing Boykin who's boss. The Pittsburgh sports media is no different than the talking heads on cable. If there is anyone butt hurt its Tomlin.

TeeTee
10-31-2015, 12:12 PM
This guy is a professional whose job rides on the decisions he makes. I would think a little benefit of the doubt mixed with a little common sense would tell us that there is a damn good reason Boykin is sitting on the bench. The coaches get to see a lot more during practice then we do. I have to think that if he was a better option then he would be in there. Maybe the skill set is there but his attitude sucks. Maybe he is late to practice and team meetings constantly or he's batting balls down. Who knows. I'm not there but I seriously doubt Tomlin has him benched because he doesn't like the number 25 or because his feelings are hurt. I think we have to put a little faith in the people that get to see a lot more than we get to on a day to day basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaRgC4vweqY

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, that's showing Boykin who's boss. The Pittsburgh sports media is no different than the talking heads on cable. If there is anyone butt hurt its Tomlin.

The Pgh media are Rooney lapdogs and won't dare ask questions that Rooneys don't want to have to answer, and that applies to Tomlin as well.

SteelerFanInStl
10-31-2015, 04:54 PM

Exactly. I can understand sitting him for a game but after that, GET THE FUCK OVER IT!!! Boykin is a good CB and for a team hurting for good CBs, you can't take arguably your best one and just sit him because your feelings were hurt.

Steeldude
10-31-2015, 05:15 PM
I understand wanting to see Boykin out there and see what he can do. I'm curious as well but I don't understand this whole 'dog house/swallow pride' thing. Does anybody here really think that Boykin is lighting it up at practice and Tomlin is like "Nope. Not gonna do it."?? This guy is a professional whose job rides on the decisions he makes. I would think a little benefit of the doubt mixed with a little common sense would tell us that there is a damn good reason Boykin is sitting on the bench. The coaches get to see a lot more during practice then we do. I have to think that if he was a better option then he would be in there. Maybe the skill set is there but his attitude sucks. Maybe he is late to practice and team meetings constantly or he's batting balls down. Who knows. I'm not there but I seriously doubt Tomlin has him benched because he doesn't like the number 25 or because his feelings are hurt. I think we have to put a little faith in the people that get to see a lot more than we get to on a day to day basis.

Blake is probably the worst CB in the NFL this year, but Tomlin keeps him in. There is also a chance that Tomlin has no idea how to judge talent. He starts Jarvis Jones based based on nothing more than his draft status. He went out and signed a QB who spent 15 years proving he cannot pass. He would have kept him in vs the Cards if he didn't get hurt.