PDA

View Full Version : Another Tomlin loss to a 1-5 type team

TeeTee
10-25-2015, 04:59 PM
Thanks Tomlin.

Your inability to beat a winless or 1-5 type team remains. You really are extraordinary at pulling off loses, very consistently, to the very worst team in the NFL. Congraduations!

You remain so very consistent in this area.

How you lose when you have a running game like that is quite impressive.

polamalubeast
10-25-2015, 05:01 PM
with Landry Jones.....

st33lersguy
10-25-2015, 05:02 PM
The Chiefs suck ass. They will not win more than 4 games this year. Good job Dumblin

stillers4me
10-25-2015, 05:03 PM
I didn't see Tomlin with a helmet on today. :noidea:

Shoes
10-25-2015, 05:25 PM

I didn't see him thumping his chest either.

teegre
10-25-2015, 05:26 PM
with Landry Jones.....

If Belichick was Landry Jones' coach, Jones would have thrown 6 TDs.

stillers4me
10-25-2015, 05:56 PM
I'm just so sick of the Tomlin bashing and the name calling that I don't even want to come to SU anymore.

hawaiiansteeler
10-25-2015, 05:59 PM
I'm just so sick of the Tomlin bashing and the name calling that I don't even want to come to SU anymore.

unfortunately that happens on every message board...

salamander
10-25-2015, 06:16 PM
If we had lost with a healthy Ben, then yes, I would say same old song and dance. I can't be too upset about losing a game when you're down to your backup's backup at QB.

fansince'76
10-25-2015, 06:19 PM

If Belichick were the Steelers' coach, Vick would have started and scored 10 TDs en route to parting the Red Sea and curing cancer...

polamalubeast
10-25-2015, 06:22 PM
If we had lost with a healthy Ben, then yes, I would say same old song and dance. I can't be too upset about losing a game when you're down to your backup's backup at QB.

This

Count Steeler
10-25-2015, 06:28 PM
Usually a valid complaint about Tomlin and the previous Pittsburgh coach. However, this one looked like a loss from last week.

As well as Jones played last week, this is his first start. He still has a lot to learn about the speed of NFL defenses in real game play. KC can get after the QB. They were hungry. Our defense was due a let down game, especially with Tuitt missing.

Start preparing for next week and hope Ben is back. If not, Jones will continue to develop and may have a better game. It will take a while.

teegre
10-25-2015, 06:32 PM
If Belichick were the Steelers' coach, Vick would have started and scored 10 TDs enroute to parting the Red Sea and curing cancer...

Wrong!!!

Belichick would have have traded for Eddie Lacy, who would have scored 60 touchdowns... a touchdown every single time that he carried the ball.

(But, Yes, Vick would have done all that other stuff, as well.)

fansince'76
10-25-2015, 06:41 PM
Wrong!!!

Belichick would have have traded for Eddie Lacy, who would have scored 60 touchdowns... a touchdown every single time that he carried the ball.

(But, Yes, Vick would have done all that other stuff, as well.)

The Steelers with Belichick as coach...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJNDjrX0GoQ

86WARD
10-25-2015, 06:55 PM

Tomlin didn't have the team prepared. Made some god awful calls and doesn't hold his team accountable for tackling...one of the major aspects of the game...lol.

86WARD
10-25-2015, 06:56 PM
with Landry Jones.....

Who is an upgrade over what they had...

polamalubeast
10-25-2015, 06:58 PM
Tomlin didn't have the team prepared. Made some god awful calls and doesn't hold his team accountable for tackling...one of the major aspects of the game...lol.

The team was ready.

We must stop saying that the team was not prepared in every lost

86WARD
10-25-2015, 07:05 PM
Didn't look like it to me...lol

teegre
10-25-2015, 07:33 PM
The team was ready.

We must stop saying that the team was not prepared in every lost

Exactly.

First half:
The defense held the Chiefs to three FGs.

Meanwhile, the offense did this:
-moved the ball, and matched the FG
-moved the ball, but turnover on downs
-moved the ball, but threw an INT

SUMMATION:
Both units came out prepared, but the offense simply could not capitalize on drives.

TeeTee
10-25-2015, 08:05 PM

So if are saying that coaches don't influence the outcome in games, then why pay head coaches much, since they don't impact games? Why keep records? After all, they aren't wearing helmets.

Steel Peon
10-25-2015, 08:13 PM
You mean like Tom Landry?....er....Brady Jones?.....er......Tom Jones! That's the guy! Tom Jones is the GQBOAT, and I have the video to prove it.

And no, I'm not stalking you.

Mojouw
10-25-2015, 08:34 PM
This is getting ridiculous. This was a competitive game against a Chiefs team that is far better than their record. The a Steelers started a LT that has basically never played a snap at the position at any level. Just think about that. Their starting center is basically a speed bump. The secondary is Mike Mitchell and some dudes. Mike freaking Mitchell is this teams best DB. Let that wash over you and sink in.

The pass rush is led by a 37 year old, backed by Heyward and then cobbled together with a bunch of might be and never were guys.

Does anyone here watch other teams? There are only a handful of teams in the league that could face all that on the road in Arrowhead and not fold up their tents at halftime.

But we can just blame Tomlin and the coaching staff. They were in a position to seriously contemplate winning this game. Hell of a job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fansince'76
10-25-2015, 08:36 PM
This is getting ridiculous. This was a competitive game against a Chiefs team that is far better than their record. The a Steelers started a LT that has basically never played a snap at the position at any level. Just think about that. Their starting center is basically a speed bump. The secondary is Mike Mitchell and some dudes. Mike freaking Mitchell is this teams best DB. Let that wash over you and sink in.

The pass rush is led by a 37 year old, backed by Heyward and then cobbled together with a bunch of might be and never were guys.

Does anyone here watch other teams? There are only a handful of teams in the league that could face all that on the road in Arrowhead and not fold up their tents at halftime.

But we can just blame Tomlin and the coaching staff. They were in a position to seriously contemplate winning this game. Hell of a job.

:applaudit:

st33lersguy
10-25-2015, 08:54 PM

This team was 1-5, they literally had one good offensive player playing in this game, their only win so far was against the crappy Texans (a game literally handed to them by the Texans QB), they gave up a 14 point lead at home against the Bears. I fail to see how losing 10 points to a team whose ceiling is 4 wins is anything close to a good job

teegre
10-25-2015, 09:06 PM
You mean like Tom Landry?....er....Brady Jones?.....er......Tom Jones! That's the guy! Tom Jones is the GQBOAT, and I have the video to prove it.

And no, I'm not stalking you.

:rofl2:

Welcome, brother. With your arrival, the board just got a lot better.

Godfather
10-25-2015, 09:26 PM
unfortunately that happens on every message board...

This. There were threads on the Saints board a few weeks ago saying "Fire Payton" and "Trade Drew".

TeeTee
10-25-2015, 09:34 PM
Not that I didn't see this coming. I said all week that this was a trap game and the perfect type of game the Steelers (especially a Tomlin-coached Steelers) lose.

Also, they are running on fumes, both emotionally and physically.

The injuries, the high level emotions from wins over decent teams where we are put behind the 8-ball so much, will wear a team down. But that doesn't excuse the fact that Tomlin is an utter joke with his record vs. 20% win or lower teams. It's a stat so bizarre and lopsided that it doesn't appear to be real. But, yet, it is.

Tomlin not only lacks the ability to get his team focused for games vs. bad teams, he appears to not get himself properly focused for them, which is why his teams are FAIL while playing the worst team in the NFL. Just a pitiful record vs. the worst teams, just inexcusable. Want to make excuses for this stinker? Fine. Now also defend the other dozen horrid losses to the worst teams in the NFL while you are at it.

polamalubeast
10-25-2015, 09:41 PM
Not that I didn't see this coming. I said all week that this was a trap game and the perfect type of game the Steelers (especially a Tomlin coached Steelers) lose.

Also, the are running on fumes, both emotionally and physically.

The injuries, the high level emotions from wins over decent teams where we are put behind the 8-ball so much, will wear a team down. But that doesn't excuse the fact that Tomlin is an utter joke with his record vs. 20% win or lower teams. It's a stat so bizarre and lopsided that it doesn't appear to be real. But, yet, it is.

Tomlin not only lacks the ability to get his team focused for games vs. bad teams, he appears to not get himself properly focused for them, which is why his teams are FAIL while playing the worst team in the NFL. Just a pitiful record vs. the worst teams, just inexcusable. Want to make excuses for this stinker? Fine. Now also defend the other dozen horrid losses to the worst teams in the NFL while you are at it.

This is true than a 2-2 record without Roethlisberger is terrible....Fire Tomlin!

- - - Updated - - -

And LOL at the trap game with Landry Jones as QB!!!!!....C'mon man!

Mojouw
10-25-2015, 09:56 PM
This team was 1-5, they literally had one good offensive player playing in this game, their only win so far was against the crappy Texans (a game literally handed to them by the Texans QB), they gave up a 14 point lead at home against the Bears. I fail to see how losing 10 points to a team whose ceiling is 4 wins is anything close to a good job

And they almost beat Denver and Green Bay. We can play games like this all night. If this game was with Ben under center, then there would be something to talk about.

Landry. Jones. That is all that needs said.

st33lersguy
10-25-2015, 10:08 PM
And they almost beat Denver and Green Bay. We can play games like this all night. If this game was with Ben under center, then there would be something to talk about.

They didn't almost beat Green Bay, it was a 24 point game before they went prevent. And it wasn't just Landry, the defense gave up 23 points and had numerous missed tackles against an offense with one good player playing in this game.

TeeTee
10-25-2015, 10:11 PM
They didn't almost beat Green Bay, it was a 24 point game before they went prevent. And it wasn't just Landry, the defense gave up 23 points and had numerous missed tackles against an offense with one good player playing in this game.

THIS!

86WARD
10-26-2015, 12:01 AM

I'm sick of people saying it was just Landry Jones. It's an upgrade from what they had and he's proving he's not the worst back up QB out there...he still threw for over 200 yards...something they haven't seen in how long?? The team still has Martavis Bryant, Heath Miller, Antonio Brown, Le'Veon Bell...and they still manage to put up how many points? That doesn't all fall on Jones no matter how you want to spin it.

Coaching...that's all that really needs to be said...coaching.

j-d-s
10-26-2015, 04:14 AM

To the opposing team.

SteelMayhem72
10-26-2015, 08:17 AM
I'm sick of people saying it was just Landry Jones. It's an upgrade from what they had and he's proving he's not the worst back up QB out there...he still threw for over 200 yards...something they haven't seen in how long?? The team still has Martavis Bryant, Heath Miller, Antonio Brown, Le'Veon Bell...and they still manage to put up how many points? That doesn't all fall on Jones no matter how you want to spin it.

This.

The Bark
10-26-2015, 08:30 AM

Yes, but unfortunately he's also the only common denominator in all those losses.

Steelman
10-26-2015, 08:46 AM
If anyone needs to look in the mirror it's Todd Haley. I thought his playcalling with Vick was dumb and ill-advised, but with Landry he seemed hell-bent on perfecting Turtleball before Ben gets back. What did we have, like 8 or 9 straight runs at one point? And then in the 2nd half we had like 9 straight passes. How dumb is that? I think the coaches got in Landry's head with their lack of trust and confidence. We all saw what Landry did with no restraints. I didn't expect a repeat of that, and assumed he'd cough up a few turnovers, but why did it take until the late 3rd/4th quarter to open up the offense? Haley's clueless without Ben these days.

Also it's not like we got blown out. If DeAngelo catches that pass at the goal line we might be talking about a close win here.

Mojouw
10-26-2015, 08:50 AM

How in the fuzzy blue hell is it "coaching"? What does that even mean? It is just getting tired that every time the Steelers don't beat a team or beat them by enough, or beat them the right way - it is "coaching". Vague cliches about not adjusting or not being prepared, etc get tossed around. They got beat. They were 2 of 10 or something like that on 3rd downs. They turned the ball over 3 times. Their LT got exposed as totally inexperienced and allowed a strip sack plus a handful of hurries. Their defense looked like a unit that has been on the field for around 60-70% of the last four games. Landry Jones missed Bryant on at least 3 deep balls that Ben would have hit. Possibly for 21 points.

But yeah - let's just say "coaching". It's just a load of garbage. Did the coaching staff make some mistakes/odd decisions? Sure. Primary is where is anyone else who can play for Blake? But it isn't like it is just him. He joins a long list of recent Steelers CBs that are the opposing team's gameplan. If it wasn't Blake it would be Cockerell. This team is simply not talented in the secondary and it shouldn't be shocking. Oh - but tackling you say. Well it is league wide trend and see the exhuasted defense thing above.

Baby Jesus himself could have coached this team yesterday. Wouldn't have mattered. They, right now, have too little talent at several key positions to really expect to be beating other NFL teams.

plenewken
10-26-2015, 09:07 AM
I completely agree with your analysis. We got beat yesterday because we just didn't execute on both sides of the ball. On offense, our 3rd down conversion rate was putrid, and on D, we lack talent particularly in the secondary.
I also wonder why, week in and week out, we consistently get slaughtered by the opponent's TE but we rarely use ours the same way. This is completely on Haley and Tomlin.

NCSteeler
10-26-2015, 09:10 AM
So lets play that game again. Someone name me three teams that win "A" game with the 3rd string QB starting? Then add a 2nd string center and tackle. NO ONE, that's who. You people are ridiculous. Tomlin constantly doesn't have the guys ready to play, BUT what I saw was a team that came out balling pretty decent , defense held together Offense didn't capitalize, but moved the ball and got beat by a better team. The D wore down and the offense just didn't have enough. LANDRY FREAKIN JONES, most of YA'LL were calling for him to get cut weeks and months ago, now you're not happy because he didn't win. WTF over!

SteelMayhem72
10-26-2015, 09:57 AM
This game is on coaching no matter what anybody says. Play calling was too predictable. Yes you have your 3rd and arguably 4th string qb in there but you have to mix it up more so cause you dont want them teeing off on an inexperienced qb. All these run,run,run,run, then pass,pass,pass,pass. How is that mixing it up? Did we ever throw a screen to a rb??? What happened to getting bell out in space?? Its one thing to dare a team to stop you when they know whats coming but you cant get as cocky doing that with a 3rd stringer in there. This game should be a win with all the playmakers we have no matter who is at qb especially against a depleted KC team. Problem is they dont call the appropriate plays to get the ball in these guys hands. Yes landry is capable to getting them the ball and Ben said that Landry probably knows the playbook better than him. Our coaches handcuffed him and put him into too predictable of plays plain and simple. Yes this is about coaching and your blind if you dont see that. Haley is basically riding Bens coat tail.

86WARD
10-26-2015, 10:05 AM
Teams play with injuries every week...some worse than others. The Packers won a Super Bowl against the Steelers with half their team on the IR List...lol.

The KC Chiefs were missing arguably one of the best Arabs in the league and their top WR...yet they were able to beat the "well coached" Pittsburgh Steelers. I

When a team is in position to pin the other team deep in their own territory yet they opt to run two pretty questionable plays and turn the ball over on downs is a dumb COACHING decision.

Not having the right players on the field because they are in the "doghouse"...COACHING decision.

Losing to teams that you are better than WITH injuries because players aren't put in a position to succeed...COACHING decisions.

teegre
10-26-2015, 10:07 AM
what I saw was a team that came out balling pretty decent , defense held together Offense didn't capitalize

Exactly.

The defense did its job in the first half (only allowed three FGs), and the offense stopped itself.

Drive 1: Williams drops TD/first down... FG.
Drive 2: They couldn't convert on fourth down.
Drive 3: Interception

If Williams catches that ball, it's 7-3.
If they convert that fourth down...
If Jones doesn't throw that INT...

SteelMayhem72
10-26-2015, 10:15 AM
Teams play with injuries every week...some worse than others. The Packers won a Super Bowl against the Steelers with half their team on the IR List...lol.

The KC Chiefs were missing arguably one of the best Arabs in the league and their top WR...yet they were able to beat the "well coached" Pittsburgh Steelers. I

When a team is in position to pin the other team deep in their own territory yet they opt to run two pretty questionable plays and turn the ball over on downs is a dumb COACHING decision.

Not having the right players on the field because they are in the "doghouse"...COACHING decision.

Losing to teams that you are better than WITH injuries because players aren't put in a position to succeed...COACHING decisions.
Im with ya...read my previous post

Mojouw
10-26-2015, 10:16 AM

Seriously? I just can't even. I'll take the most "popular" one. Let's assume that Boykin is awesome and he was starting. That simply means that the other teams would target Cockerell/Blake. Whoever played 3rd CB. Steelers are in multi-DB sets most of the time anways. It wouldn't really fix shit. Should it be happening? Maybe. Would it help cover TEs? Not in the least.

Actually, I'm going to raise one more point. "Haley and Tomlin are stupid. Why didn't they get the ball in the playmakers hands? Playcalling handcuffed their ability to suceed" Or whatever other nonsense. Just stop. Think about who/what Landry Jones is:
1. Big Arm
2. Not accurate
3. Does not anticipate throws and coverages
4. Tends to telegraph throws and puts the ball late to the window

Seems like a fair list to me. Look at what that means your QB can and can't do. Do you really want Landry throwing timing routes into contested areas of the middle of the field? I don't. The passing game was restricted and based on deeper throws because that allows Landry to miss and still maybe make a play. AB caught at least 3 terribly thrown/placed balls for big plays. Bryant's touchdown was even a sketchy throw. But in all cases, it avoided the chance for an INT. When Jones did go with quicker "get the ball to the playmakers in space" throws, they were incomplete and picked off. Hell, Jones missed Bryant on at least 2 other long throws that are TDs if he hits him accurately. But he can't do that.

I think that a team starting a rookie LT, hot garbage at center, basically their 4th string QB, and whatever you want to call the Steelers current secondary is not a team that is more talented than the Chiefs.

polamalubeast
10-26-2015, 10:23 AM

Rodgers was still the QB of the packers in 2010....Yesterday it was Landry Jones for the steelers.....

You should know that the QB is the most important position in the NFL and that without Ben, the Steelers have been 2-2.

Craic
10-26-2015, 10:31 AM
This game is on coaching no matter what anybody says. Play calling was too predictable. Yes you have your 3rd and arguably 4th string qb in there but you have to mix it up more so cause you dont want them teeing off on an inexperienced qb. All these run,run,run,run, then pass,pass,pass,pass. How is that mixing it up? Did we ever throw a screen to a rb??? What happened to getting bell out in space?? Its one thing to dare a team to stop you when they know whats coming but you cant get as cocky doing that with a 3rd stringer in there. This game should be a win with all the playmakers we have no matter who is at qb especially against a depleted KC team. Problem is they dont call the appropriate plays to get the ball in these guys hands. Yes landry is capable to getting them the ball and Ben said that Landry probably knows the playbook better than him. Our coaches handcuffed him and put him into too predictable of plays plain and simple. Yes this is about coaching and your blind if you dont see that. Haley is basically riding Bens coat tail.

Wait a second . . .

So, what exactly do you want in playcalling? Arians was as unpredictable as they come, yet everyone screamed at him because he didn't run on obvious running downs or pass on obvious passing downs. You want Bell in space? It takes time to get Bell in space, time the coaching staff didn't have to play with because they were protecting an inexperienced QB with a second string LT and center. And, how, exactly, do you get the ball into the hands of the playmakers downfield without asking an inexperienced QB to throw over the middle, which is virtually begging for him to get picked off (as we saw the one time he tried it). So, you're calling for half a dozen bubble-screens and 3 yard slants that draw the defense up to the line and virtually eliminates the option of calling into a run play since now there's 7, 8, 9 men in box?

Knowing the playbook and performing on Sunday are two very different things. You simply do not ask the equivalent of a rookie QB (first NFL start, second NFL game, first season he's dressed IIRC) to go out there and do everything that's expected of a 10-15 year veteran. The list of QBs with tons of talent who washed out of the NFL because their coaches did exactly what you're calling for is very long.

Mojouw
10-26-2015, 10:37 AM
Wait a second . . .

So, what exactly do you want in playcalling? Arians was as unpredictable as they come, yet everyone screamed at him because he didn't run on obvious running downs or pass on obvious passing downs. You want Bell in space? It takes time to get Bell in space, time the coaching staff didn't have to play with because they were protecting an inexperienced QB with a second string LT and center. And, how, exactly, do you get the ball into the hands of the playmakers downfield without asking an inexperienced QB to throw over the middle, which is virtually begging for him to get picked off (as we saw the one time he tried it). So, you're calling for half a dozen bubble-screens and 3 yard slants that draw the defense up to the line and virtually eliminates the option of calling into a run play since now there's 7, 8, 9 men in box?

Knowing the playbook and performing on Sunday are two very different things. You simply do not ask the equivalent of a rookie QB (first NFL start, second NFL game, first season he's dressed IIRC) to go out there and do everything that's expected of a 10-15 year veteran. The list of QBs with tons of talent who washed out of the NFL because their coaches did exactly what you're calling for is very long.

You, sir, have officially made my day. Great post.

86WARD
10-26-2015, 10:43 AM
Seriously? I just can't even. I'll take the most "popular" one. Let's assume that Boykin is awesome and he was starting. That simply means that the other teams would target Cockerell/Blake. Whoever played 3rd CB. Steelers are in multi-DB sets most of the time anways. It wouldn't really fix shit. Should it be happening? Maybe. Would it help cover TEs? Not in the least.

Actually, I'm going to raise one more point. "Haley and Tomlin are stupid. Why didn't they get the ball in the playmakers hands? Playcalling handcuffed their ability to suceed" Or whatever other nonsense. Just stop. Think about who/what Landry Jones is:
1. Big Arm
2. Not accurate
3. Does not anticipate throws and coverages
4. Tends to telegraph throws and puts the ball late to the window

Seems like a fair list to me. Look at what that means your QB can and can't do. Do you really want Landry throwing timing routes into contested areas of the middle of the field? I don't. The passing game was restricted and based on deeper throws because that allows Landry to miss and still maybe make a play. AB caught at least 3 terribly thrown/placed balls for big plays. Bryant's touchdown was even a sketchy throw. But in all cases, it avoided the chance for an INT. When Jones did go with quicker "get the ball to the playmakers in space" throws, they were incomplete and picked off. Hell, Jones missed Bryant on at least 2 other long throws that are TDs if he hits him accurately. But he can't do that.

I think that a team starting a rookie LT, hot garbage at center, basically their 4th string QB, and whatever you want to call the Steelers current secondary is not a team that is more talented than the Chiefs.

You don't know that playing Boykin wouldn't fix it all...you have no idea. None of us do because he hasn't played. Blake may do better covering a WR3 or WR4 opposed to covering a WR1 or WR2...lol. So if the Steelers signed a young Revis tomorrow, it wouldn't help the defense because the opposing team would just target Blake. Okay. As for the TEs, it's an ongoing problem that hasn't come close to being fixed. Who is supposed to scheme to help that?

All the faults you list for Landry are great...he's still better than Vick...by far. Yet Vick would still be playing if he didn't get hurt.

Yeah the Chiefs weren't injured at all...

You're right we should put all the blame on Landry Jones. Who you keep calling a 4th QB but in reality, he may be better than Gradkowski and is definitely better than Vick. At worst, he's a third. But your right, its not the coaching staff at all, they take no blame. We shouldn't blame the coaches and the players. Just Landry Freaking Jones...

Damn...if Landry Jones could just tackle...they would've won that game...lol.

Amazing.

86WARD
10-26-2015, 10:48 AM
You should know that the QB is the most important position in the NFL and that without Ben, the Steelers have been 2-2.

And I'm happy with that. It's what I look for out of a back up QB. The number one thing in fact. Point is, they could've been 4-0 coming out of there losing to two teams that are arguably much worse than the Steelers. A winless team and a team in a 5 game tailspin...its lost opportunity that was handed to the opposing teams.

polamalubeast
10-26-2015, 10:53 AM
You don't know that playing Boykin wouldn't fix it all...you have no idea. None of us do because he hasn't played. Blake may do better covering a WR3 or WR4 opposed to covering a WR1 or WR2...lol. So if the Steelers signed a young Revis tomorrow, it wouldn't help the defense because the opposing team would just target Blake. Okay. As for the TEs, it's an ongoing problem that hasn't come close to being fixed. Who is supposed to scheme to help that?

All the faults you list for Landry are great...he's still better than Vick...by far. Yet Vick would still be playing if he didn't get hurt.

You're right we should put all the blame on Landry Jones. Who you keep calling a 4th QB but in reality, he may be better than Gradkowski and is definitely better than Vick. At worst, he's a third. But your right, its not the coaching staff at all, they take no blame. We shouldn't blame the coaches and the players. Just Landry Freaking Jones...

Amazing.

You are crazy if you think than the steelers are a good team with Jones(or Vick) as QB!

This is a miracle than the steelers have been 2-2 without Ben....

The Steelers are 4-3(And in the 6 seed) despite being without Pouncey for all the season without Ben for four games without Bryant for five games without Bell for 2 games,etc

The chiefs also have some injuries, but it is less than the steelers but the great Andy Reid is 2-5 right now

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm happy with that. It's what I look for out of a back up QB. The number one thing in fact. Point is, they could've been 4-0 coming out of there losing to two teams that are arguably much worse than the Steelers. A winless team and a team in a 5 game tailspin...its lost opportunity that was handed to the opposing teams.

Flacco and Alex Smith is much better than Landry Jones and Michael Vick.....It's never an upset when the team with the best QB win the game .....

Mojouw
10-26-2015, 10:54 AM

Amazing.

None of that is actually what I am saying. But, if you want to set up camp on fantasy island where Boykin is a magic bullet solution to the fact that the Steelers secondary is not any good - feel free.

I am by no means saying it is all Landry Jones' fault. But he is a very limited player. He can only do a narrow list of specific things well. That was reflected in the playcalling that we say on Sunday. Failure to acknowledge that and assume that the playbook was wide open is just stupid. I'm sorry, I am really not trying to get personal here, but this is just getting out of hand.

As I have repeatedly stated, the tackling is a team-wide concern and needs to be corrected. After the Arizona game, it looked like it was. Then it resurfaced on Sunday. But the tackling is a bit of sideline to the main debate. One can reasonably assume that an NFL player has been instructed on how to tackle prior to suiting up for a game. It is a player execution issue pure and simple. If they don't know how to tackle by now, Butler, Lake,and Porter aren't going to fix it. If you have an job as an accountant and you actually can not reliably add and subtract - is that your bosses fault?

SteelMayhem72
10-26-2015, 11:03 AM
Oh geez ok ive read enough, everybody is at fault lets move to the bengals. Lets see if the cracks fill in or open up. Ben is back (i hope) so there is a positive...lets see if all the stars align just because hes back...i doubt it. His gonna have to light it up with a bunch of points just to keep this game competive. I hope im wrong but i dont see that happening with his first game back AND against the bengals who have had an extra week to prepare.

steelreserve
10-26-2015, 11:07 AM

Yeah, what are we thinking?! None of THAT is the coach's fault! After all, Tomlin is a draft genius!

Screw the secondary! Screw nose tackles! Screw depth! Just keep drafting linebackers and it'll cover all that up.

What's that? All our #1 draft pick linebackers can't get pressure on the QB? They can't even cover the tight end? Well, guess that means we need to draft more linebackers - DUH!!!

The Bark
10-26-2015, 11:14 AM
If you have an job as an accountant and you actually can not reliably add and subtract - is that your bosses fault?

Absolutely. Stop and think about that for a second, lol. Hiring someone not able to add and subtract says a heck of a lot more about the boss than it does the supposed accountant. Sorry, but you walked straight into that one.

SteelMayhem72
10-26-2015, 11:17 AM
Absolutely. Stop and think about that for a second, lol. Hiring someone not able to add and subtract says a heck of a lot more about the boss than it does the supposed accountant. Sorry, but you walked straight into that one.
Lol...good one

Mojouw
10-26-2015, 11:21 AM
Yeah, what are we thinking?! None of THAT is the coach's fault! After all, Tomlin is a draft genius!

Screw the secondary! Screw nose tackles! Screw depth! Just keep drafting linebackers and it'll cover all that up.

What's that? All our #1 draft pick linebackers can't get pressure on the QB? They can't even cover the tight end? Well, guess that means we need to draft more linebackers - DUH!!!

Colbert.

- - - Updated - - -

I pretty much did - but poor analogy. The point is that one should be able to assume that an NFL player can tackle, if they can't then that is on the player as an execution issue. It isn't like the Steelers are asking their defenders to tackle in some new fangled way.

86WARD
10-26-2015, 11:27 AM
You are crazy if you think than the steelers are a good team with Jones(or Vick) as QB!

This is a miracle than the steelers have been 2-2 without Ben....

The Steelers are 4-3(And in the 6 seed) despite being without Pouncey for all the season without Ben for four games without Bryant for five games without Bell for 2 games,etc

The chiefs also have some injuries, but it is less than the steelers but the great Andy Reid is 2-5 right now

- - - Updated - - -

Flacco and Alex Smith is much better than Landry Jones and Michael Vick.....It's never an upset when the team with the best QB win the game .....

Didn't say that they were near the same team. Where did I say that?

Point is...not all the blame goes to Landry Jones which people keep pointing to as the "4th string QB". Just like all the blame shouldn't be put on the coaching staff. Lol.

Count Steeler
10-26-2015, 11:29 AM
Rodgers was still the QB of the packers in 2010....Yesterday it was Landry Jones for the steelers.....

The Cowboys, without Romo are 0-4.

86WARD
10-26-2015, 11:31 AM
None of that is actually what I am saying. But, if you want to set up camp on fantasy island where Boykin is a magic bullet solution to the fact that the Steelers secondary is not any good - feel free.

I am by no means saying it is all Landry Jones' fault. But he is a very limited player. He can only do a narrow list of specific things well. That was reflected in the playcalling that we say on Sunday. Failure to acknowledge that and assume that the playbook was wide open is just stupid. I'm sorry, I am really not trying to get personal here, but this is just getting out of hand.

As I have repeatedly stated, the tackling is a team-wide concern and needs to be corrected. After the Arizona game, it looked like it was. Then it resurfaced on Sunday. But the tackling is a bit of sideline to the main debate. One can reasonably assume that an NFL player has been instructed on how to tackle prior to suiting up for a game. It is a player execution issue pure and simple. If they don't know how to tackle by now, Butler, Lake,and Porter aren't going to fix it. If you have an job as an accountant and you actually can not reliably add and subtract - is that your bosses fault?

You're making it sound like you want to put the blame on Jones.

My point as I said in my previous post is its not all on Jones and its not all on the coaching staff. But you can't say the coaching doesn't have accountability here. There's plenty to go around. You can see from my previous postings how I feel about the QBing...no point in typing it over and overS

Steeldude
10-26-2015, 11:58 AM
You're making it sound like you want to put the blame on Jones.

My point as I said in my previous post is its not all on Jones and its not all on the coaching staff. But you can't say the coaching doesn't have accountability here. There's plenty to go around. You can see from my previous postings how I feel about the QBing...no point in typing it over and overS

Come on, nothing is ever the fault of the coaches.

I don't get the rookie LT excuse. Didn't the Patriots start 3 rookie O-linemen vs the Steelers?

I don't put this loss on Landry. Some of the playcalling was suspect. Sure, Landry's inexperience didn't help, but I would hardly claim he is the main reason for the loss.

It didnt seem like Harrison played much. Was he hurt? It's a coaching decision to start Jarvis Jones based strictly on draft status.

I agree with you. It's a combo of coaching and players that resulted in the loss. IMO, I lean more toward coaching for the loss.

SteelMayhem72
10-26-2015, 12:05 PM

I don't get the rookie LT excuse. Didn't the Patriots start 3 rookie O-linemen vs the Steelers?

I don't put this loss on Landry. Some of the playcalling was suspect. Sure, Landry's inexperience didn't help, but I would hardly claim he is the main reason for the loss.

It didnt seem like Harrison played much. Was he hurt? It's a coaching decision to start Jarvis Jones based strictly on draft status.

I agree with you. It's a combo of coaching and players that resulted in the loss. IMO, I lean more toward coaching for the loss.
I agree

zoneblitzerII
10-26-2015, 12:09 PM

Agreed. It's important to remember that even with Ben in the line up the likelihood of a loss against a sub .200 team would've been greater than 90%. That's Tomlin's trademark. That's what his teams do. Even if it were somehow in the Super Bowl and Ben was healthy and they were playing against say the Raiders, Chiefs or Lions you could kiss that ring goodbye. Tomlin coaches to lose against bad teams. Period.

86WARD
10-26-2015, 12:34 PM

And that's how I feel. Look Jones isn't the next "Tom Brady", he's not the next "Aaron Rodgers", he's a back up QB that is better then what Tomlin was fielding 2 weeks ago. A player that probably should've been playing all along. But he's not the goat here...and I like to bash Jones with the best of them, but he's getting better as time goes on.

86WARD
10-26-2015, 12:35 PM
Never did I ever think there would be a time where I was defending Landry Jones...lol...ewww.

Mojouw
10-26-2015, 12:44 PM
Deangelo Williams drops a pass on about the goal line.

Jones misses Bryant on 2 sure touchdown throws.

Blake and Shazier blew coverages all afternoon.

So the DB rotation and playing time is on the coaching staff. So is Harrison's playing time. Although at 37 his playing time seems to be in line with what almost every other team does with aging pass rushers. But I'm sure it is a mistake.

Shitty play by not talented players does not always equal a massive coaching problem. It might just mean that the Steelers roster is paper thin and after about the top 15 guys or so there isn't a great deal of talent on the roster.

To me, the most glaring and readily available criticism of the coaching staff is their inability to deal with TEs.

The Steelers lost because they got below average play from the QB, C, LT, CB, and pass rush on Sunday. In the NFL now, that comprises all of the critical positions.

Steel Peon
10-26-2015, 12:51 PM
Welcome, brother. With your arrival, the board just got a lot better.

Wow, you mean to tell me this board is THAT bad? I had no idea you could throw your fellow Steelers fans under the bus so quickly. Not sure if I should be embarrassed by the praise, or alarmed at how easily you treat your fellow poasters like.....well, peons.

teegre
10-26-2015, 01:01 PM
Wow, you mean to tell me this board is THAT bad? I had no idea you could throw your fellow Steelers fans under the bus so quickly. Not sure if I should be embarrassed by the praise, or alarmed at how easily you treat your fellow poasters like.....well, peons.

We're a caste system here.

There's my tier... and everyone else.

( :wink02: )

86WARD
10-26-2015, 01:02 PM
To me, the most glaring and readily available criticism of the coaching staff is their inability to deal with TEs.

How's the saying go? Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

This is a problem week in and week out for the last few years...

Craic
10-26-2015, 01:05 PM
Look, I don't think many here are saying Landry's the goat. In fact, I was very surprised that I didn't see Landry's name at all in the Gameball/Goat thread. And, I agree, he isn't the goat. What most of us are saying is that you simply do not put a young, 3rd string (because that is his place on the depth chart) QB in a situation where you expect him to make passes and plays like your first string, All-Pro veteran. Yet, it reads as though many here are expecting Tomlin and Co to do just that. Yet, if they did, and we lost due to INTs or not moving the ball, many of the same would blame Tomlin and Co for calling plays that shouldn't be called for a 3rd string QB.

The fact of the matter is, in today's NFL with parity being built in at every level (drafting position, salary cap, limited rosters, poaching developing players, etc), the worst team with a first string QB should be able to beat a team with a 3rd string QB starting. If they can't, it's either because the 3rd string QB is actually a top 2nd or bottom 1st stringer (and will end up a starter before long), or other parts of the team are so dominant they can make up for it (a la Steelers defense in 2010, which still was able to dominant games until injuries and age took over that year).

So, with all that said, how do I grade out the game? Landry Jones gets a c-. The minus is for his one INT that was his fault. The C is because he did nothing special to help the team win, but also did very little to help the team lose (int not withstanding). I don't blame him at all. BUT, realize that grade is as much a positive for the coaches, because they put him in positions to succeed. It was his WRs who kept dropping balls that failed him.

That doesn't mean I give the coaches a pass, either. You simply do not go for it on fourth down in the middle of the field with a 3rd string QB. That was the coach's fault (Tomlin). You don't line up in obvious run situations with single-back sets when you have a fullback who can also play TE (in case you want to call out of a play). That's the OC's fault. But, even with those things said, had the receivers caught the passes that hit them in the hands, we'd probably be having a different discussion today.

hawaiiansteeler
10-26-2015, 01:25 PM
I had no idea you could throw your fellow Steelers fans under the bus so quickly.

isn't that the whole fun of it? :thumbsup:

tube517
10-26-2015, 01:32 PM
isn't that the whole fun of it? :thumbsup:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/147508/4337670-bb010314a.png

86WARD
10-26-2015, 01:54 PM
Look, I don't think many here are saying Landry's the goat. In fact, I was very surprised that I didn't see Landry's name at all in the Gameball/Goat thread. And, I agree, he isn't the goat. What most of us are saying is that you simply do not put a young, 3rd string (because that is his place on the depth chart) QB in a situation where you expect him to make passes and plays like your first string, All-Pro veteran. Yet, it reads as though many here are expecting Tomlin and Co to do just that. Yet, if they did, and we lost due to INTs or not moving the ball, many of the same would blame Tomlin and Co for calling plays that shouldn't be called for a 3rd string QB.

The fact of the matter is, in today's NFL with parity being built in at every level (drafting position, salary cap, limited rosters, poaching developing players, etc), the worst team with a first string QB should be able to beat a team with a 3rd string QB starting. If they can't, it's either because the 3rd string QB is actually a top 2nd or bottom 1st stringer (and will end up a starter before long), or other parts of the team are so dominant they can make up for it (a la Steelers defense in 2010, which still was able to dominant games until injuries and age took over that year).

So, with all that said, how do I grade out the game? Landry Jones gets a c-. The minus is for his one INT that was his fault. The C is because he did nothing special to help the team win, but also did very little to help the team lose (int not withstanding). I don't blame him at all. BUT, realize that grade is as much a positive for the coaches, because they put him in positions to succeed. It was his WRs who kept dropping balls that failed him.

That doesn't mean I give the coaches a pass, either. You simply do not go for it on fourth down in the middle of the field with a 3rd string QB. That was the coach's fault (Tomlin). You don't line up in obvious run situations with single-back sets when you have a fullback who can also play TE (in case you want to call out of a play). That's the OC's fault. But, even with those things said, had the receivers caught the passes that hit them in the hands, we'd probably be having a different discussion today.

I'm not saying this at all about giving Landry the full playbook. That's silly. My point is more to the fact that he has and had a better grip on the playbook than Vick...yet the coaching staff opted to go with the more if two evils. It was a dumb decision...take AB for instance. Arguably one of the best if not best players on the team? His involvement is leaps and bounds above what it was with Vick in there. That's going to give them a better chance at winning. It is an example in a long line of mistakes that the coaching staff has made over this season.

TeeTee
10-26-2015, 02:50 PM
If anyone needs to look in the mirror it's Todd Haley. I thought his playcalling with Vick was dumb and ill-advised, but with Landry he seemed hell-bent on perfecting Turtleball before Ben gets back. What did we have, like 8 or 9 straight runs at one point? And then in the 2nd half we had like 9 straight passes. How dumb is that? I think the coaches got in Landry's head with their lack of trust and confidence. We all saw what Landry did with no restraints. I didn't expect a repeat of that, and assumed he'd cough up a few turnovers, but why did it take until the late 3rd/4th quarter to open up the offense? Haley's clueless without Ben these days.

Also it's not like we got blown out. If DeAngelo catches that pass at the goal line we might be talking about a close win here.

Dead on, Steelman. Haley, left on his own, makes terrible play calls. The two first plays - both passes to Bryant - were an attempt to loosen up the D so they could run. And that's fine, but then they OD'd on the rushing plays. You can't put a QB behind the 8 ball, with not allowing some passes on downs other than 3rd and long. That's moronic. You'd think it was pre-2005 Cowher back in control. With a little more creative play calling, we could have won this game.

Craic
10-26-2015, 04:06 PM
I'm not saying this at all about giving Landry the full playbook. That's silly. My point is more to the fact that he has and had a better grip on the playbook than Vick...yet the coaching staff opted to go with the more if two evils. It was a dumb decision...take AB for instance. Arguably one of the best if not best players on the team? His involvement is leaps and bounds above what it was with Vick in there. That's going to give them a better chance at winning. It is an example in a long line of mistakes that the coaching staff has made over this season.
The problem with that, however, is assuming without the benefit of the game last week, based only on what we saw in the preseason, that he would be able to perform in a game better than Vick, which included protecting the football. Despite anything else, Vick did protect the ball, and also with him as QB, we should have won every game (kicker-issues!). No one was calling for Vick to be replaced by Landry before Landry came in, because no one thought Landry could do a better job than Vick.

In hindsight, it seems a simple decision. In foresight, it's a very difficult one. It's what makes Monday Morning Quarterbacking inauthentic compared to true coaching skills.

86WARD
10-26-2015, 06:18 PM
The problem with that, however, is assuming without the benefit of the game last week, based only on what we saw in the preseason, that he would be able to perform in a game better than Vick, which included protecting the football. Despite anything else, Vick did protect the ball, and also with him as QB, we should have won every game (kicker-issues!). No one was calling for Vick to be replaced by Landry before Landry came in, because no one thought Landry could do a better job than Vick.

In hindsight, it seems a simple decision. In foresight, it's a very difficult one. It's what makes Monday Morning Quarterbacking inauthentic compared to true coaching skills.

Not true. There were people calling for Landry. Also Jones showed leaps and bounds improvement over previous seasons. He showed he could make some throws that Vick didn't and he showed he had an understanding of the play book. Sure he wasn't perfect and he is a back up QB...but watching the preseason games, a lot of his receivers dropped the balls on him...catchable balls. Looking at his decision making, he was way better than in the past and his statistics were decent. It wouldn't have been out of the realm of possibility to go with him out of the gate or after seeing Vick struggle through 6 quarters, pull him in favor of Jones. Seeing that through the preseason Jones had more of a grasp on the playbook than Vick did.

Steeldude
10-26-2015, 07:24 PM

I wanted anything over Vick. Vick sucked as a passer for 15 years in the NFL. Vick's inability to pass was to be expected. Why Tomlin didn't see this simple fact is beyond me. Why Tomlin insisted on keeping him in after it was painfully obvious Vick could only handle about 5 plays is baffling too. Hopefully they cut Vick.

st33lersguy
11-23-2015, 07:58 PM
The loss to the Chiefs is looking better than it did 4 weeks ago as the Chiefs haven't lost since. I said this team's ceiling was 4 wins and I was wrong. Impressive that they have been able to do it without Jamaal Charles. With their schedule they could do some damage the rest of the regular season

polamalubeast
11-23-2015, 08:03 PM
The loss to the Chiefs is looking better than it did 4 weeks ago as the Chiefs haven't lost since. I said this team's ceiling was 4 wins and I was wrong. Impressive that they have been able to do it without Jamaal Charles. With their schedule they could do some damage the rest of the regular season

Look at the first 5 lost for the Chiefs.......8-2 Broncos,7-3 Packers,8-2 Bengals,4-6 Bears(Bad lost) and 7-3 Vikings.

It was obvious that the chiefs were better that their record at this time and it was with Landry Jones as QB too.

st33lersguy
11-23-2015, 08:34 PM
Look at the first 5 lost for the Chiefs.......8-2 Broncos,7-3 Packers,8-2 Bengals,4-6 Bears(Bad lost) and 7-3 Vikings.

It was obvious that the chiefs were better that their record at this time and it was with Landry Jones as QB too.

Looking back on it now, yes. However losing Jamaal Charles was the big reason I thought they were going nowhere. Also the Texans (who they beat), Bears, and Vikings all look better now than they did then. Also didn't help that I was pretty pissed off back then

hawaiiansteeler
12-18-2015, 07:52 PM
The Chiefs suck ass. They will not win more than 4 games this year. Good job Dumblin

John Harbaugh: Chiefs are 'hottest team in football'

By Jeremy Bergman NFL.com
Published: Dec. 18, 2015

What do the 2015 Baltimore Ravens and Kansas City Chiefs have in common? They both started 1-5 ... and that's it.

Since both clubs' paltry six-game starts, the Chiefs, sans Jamaal Charles, have turned it around, rattling off seven straight to pull into playoff contention. Going into this weekend's matchup with Kansas City, Ravens coach John Harbaugh didn't act like he hasn't noticed.

"We're playing the hottest team in football coming in here," Harbaugh said. "They're doing what we hoped to do after a slow start. But you know what? We have to find a way to win this football game."

to read rest of article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000604073/article/john-harbaugh-chiefs-are-hottest-team-in-football

st33lersguy
12-18-2015, 08:19 PM
John Harbaugh: Chiefs are 'hottest team in football'

By Jeremy Bergman NFL.com
Published: Dec. 18, 2015

What do the 2015 Baltimore Ravens and Kansas City Chiefs have in common? They both started 1-5 ... and that's it.

Since both clubs' paltry six-game starts, the Chiefs, sans Jamaal Charles, have turned it around, rattling off seven straight to pull into playoff contention. Going into this weekend's matchup with Kansas City, Ravens coach John Harbaugh didn't act like he hasn't noticed.

"We're playing the hottest team in football coming in here," Harbaugh said. "They're doing what we hoped to do after a slow start. But you know what? We have to find a way to win this football game."

to read rest of article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000604073/article/john-harbaugh-chiefs-are-hottest-team-in-football

Oops (lol)

In all seriousness though, I thought they were screwed without Jamaal Charles. Didn't realize how cake easy their schedule was.

ALLD
12-19-2015, 07:17 AM
I want the rats to win just this week only.

NCSteeler
12-19-2015, 10:36 AM
Oops (lol)

In all seriousness though, I thought they were screwed without Jamaal Charles. Didn't realize how cake easy their schedule was.

They have had a pansie easy schedule down the stretch. I think they are way beatable.

SD twice Oak, Buf, Det. Seriously Denver is the only real game they played since beating us, where it was all about Manning collapsing -35 yards on 5-of-20 passing, zero touchdowns, four interceptions, two sacks

polamalubeast
12-19-2015, 10:40 AM
The Chiefs have won against teams that are supposed to win and lost against teams that are supposed to lose.

The loss against the bears and the win against the Broncos are the only exception.

tube517
12-19-2015, 10:42 AM
http://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Screen-Shot-2014-08-26-at-10.43.46-AM.png :chuckle:

cubanstogie
12-19-2015, 10:49 AM
The Chiefs have won against teams that are supposed to win and lost against teams that are supposed to lose.

The loss against the bears and the win against the Broncos are the only exception.
True, with their conservative style that's what you'd expect. That's why I am not expecting them to lose 1 of their last 3 games. Possibly lose to Raiders but game is in Arrowhead so not likely. It would be huge to get that 5th seed. Playing Colts or Texans would be much easier game then going to Mile high thin air, or Cincy. Then again beggars can't be choosers, I just want playoffs.

hawaiiansteeler
12-30-2015, 11:40 AM
LOST CAUSE

Tomlin's record against sub-.500 teams at the time they played them over the past two years (4-7) has come under scrutiny.

Tomlin said that's something he would look at during the offseason.

“Really, I'm in the midst of this 2015 season,” Tomlin said. “Painting with a broad brush and looking over the course of an extended period of time and things of that nature, that's stuff you do in the offseason. So we'll do it at that time.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9709687-74/tomlin-ravens-steelers#ixzz3vpIiAJoR

st33lersguy
12-30-2015, 05:33 PM
Tomlin said that's something he would look at during the offseason.

He has been doing this crap his entire career and just now he will "look into it" during the offseason? You know Mike, you would make a great politician

teegre
12-30-2015, 09:29 PM
They're counting the Chiefs as a sub .500 team. :hmm:

FACT: After week one, 50% of the teams in the NFL were sub .500.

Stats are funny that way.

(The Steelers are 6-2 against "actual" sub .500 teams this season.)

hawaiiansteeler
12-31-2015, 12:00 AM
Mark Kaboly ✔@MarkKaboly_Trib

Steelers have lost 7 of last 11 games against sub-.500 teams

27 Dec 2015

teegre
12-31-2015, 02:36 AM
Mark Kaboly ✔@MarkKaboly_Trib

27 Dec 2015

I keep seeing that stat bandied about... and, I don't think anyone has actually "fact checked" the validity of it. (I'm not calling you out Hawaii; I'm referring to Kaloby et al.)

The Steelers last eight sub .500 teams were (from most recent to the beginning of the season):

Ravens loss
Colts win
Browns win
Raidahs win
Chargers win
Ravens loss
Rams win
Niners win

That is 6-2... which is already 2 more wins than Kaloby listed. :huh:

86WARD
12-31-2015, 05:13 AM
Mark Kaboly [emoji818]@MarkKaboly_Trib

27 Dec 2015

That's a problem...a major problem. Not only are the player lackadaisical when it comes to lesser competition, but hat shows that the coaches are as well...

86WARD
12-31-2015, 05:15 AM
I keep seeing that stat bandied about... and, I don't think anyone has actually "fact checked" the validity of it. (I'm not calling you out Hawaii; I'm referring to Kaloby et al.)

The Steelers last eight sub .500 teams were (from most recent to the beginning of the season):

Ravens loss
Colts win
Browns win
Raidahs win
Chargers win
Ravens loss
Rams win
Niners win

Weren't the Chiefs a sub .500 team at the time?

teegre
12-31-2015, 09:02 AM
Weren't the Chiefs a sub .500 team at the time?

Even if they're going to count KC as a sub .500 team, that would still be 6-3... not even close to the 4-7 record that Kaloby claims.

And, if he's going to play that semantics game, half of the entire league was sub .500 after week one... meaning that playoff teams, such as Washington, Seattle, and Minnesota would have been considered sub .500 teams by that rationale.

Mojouw
12-31-2015, 12:04 PM
There's lies, damn lies, and statistics.

hawaiiansteeler
12-31-2015, 07:57 PM

an obvious ad hominem attack on me and Mark Kaboly. :attack:

you've been warned...:chuckle:

Shoes
12-31-2015, 08:01 PM

LMAO!

tube517
12-31-2015, 08:06 PM

FF to 1:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7a2KBNqvcc

86WARD
12-31-2015, 09:34 PM
In reference to Kaboly's comments. This is what I see...unless I am missing something.

2014:
Texans Win
Jets Loss
Titans Win
Saints Loss
Falcons Win

2015:
Rams Win
Ravens Loss
Chargers Win
Chiefs Loss
Browns Win
Ravens Loss

- - - Updated - - -

Ravens loss
Colts win
Browns win
Raidahs win
Chargers win
Ravens loss
Rams win
Niners win

Colts and Raiders probably don't count as they were .500 when they played. Kaboly said sub .500...so those two probably get yanked off your list?

teegre
01-01-2016, 01:42 AM
In reference to Kaboly's comments. This is what I see...unless I am missing something.

2014:
Texans Win
Jets Loss
Titans Win
Saints Loss
Falcons Win

2015:
Rams Win
Ravens Loss
Chargers Win
Chiefs Loss
Browns Win
Ravens Loss

- - - Updated - - -

Colts and Raiders probably don't count as they were .500 when they played. Kaboly said sub .500...so those two probably get yanked off your list?

That's still 6-5... (not 4-7 like Kaloby said).

Who knows what criteria he's using. That's sort of the point. The Niners are considered a "non" sub .500 team because they just happened to win week one. Whereas, a 10-5 (11-5) Chiefs team is indeed considered a sub .500 team. WTF!?!

As I've mentioned: half of the league was sub .500 after the first week.

Let's say that the Panthers and Cardinals played in week one. One of them would be a sub .500 team in week two. Conversely, if the Titans and Jaguars played in week one, one of those teams would be a "non" sub .500 team in week two.

Would losing to the Panthers/Cardinals be the same as losing to the Titans/Jaguars? According to Kaloby, the answer is: YES. :huh:

86WARD
01-01-2016, 06:38 AM
I get your point and agree with it...as you, im trying to figure out what Kaboly is seeing...you did it your way, I did it as record at game time and we still didn't come up with his results...

teegre
01-01-2016, 11:31 AM
I get your point and agree with it...as you, im trying to figure out what Kaboly is seeing...you did it your way, I did it as record at game time and we still didn't come up with his results...

A-ha!!! It's new math.

QUESTION: Were the 1-0 Niners actually a sub .500 team, because they eventually ended up with a 4-12 record?

ANSWER: Fish

86WARD
01-01-2016, 11:49 AM
A-ha!!! It's new math.

QUESTION: Were the 1-0 Niners actually a sub .500 team, because they eventually ended up with a 4-12 record?

The way I did it I said no...

NCSteeler
01-01-2016, 01:10 PM
The reality of it is simple. IDC about records , does it pass the eyeball test, were these lousy teams we lost to? Incase of the last week, absolutely.

st33lersguy
01-01-2016, 01:29 PM
It really doesn't matter what the record the fact is that the following is simply unacceptable
2015: Swept by a 5-win Ravens team (will likely cost the Steelers a playoff spot)
2014: Lost to the 4-12 Jets and at home to the 2-14 Bucs (cost the Steelers home-field advantage) (not to mention beating a 2-14 Titans team by 3 points and a 3-13 JAgs team by 8 points)
2013: Lost to the 4-12 Raiders and on a neutral field against a 5-10-1 Vikings (cost the Steelers a playoff spot)
2012: Lost to the 4-12 Raiders, 6-10 Titans, and 5-11 Browns (cost the team a playoff spot) (also beat the 4-12 Eagles by 2 and the 2-14 Chiefs in OT both at home)

43Hitman
01-02-2016, 03:35 PM
A-ha!!! It's new math.

Oh good grief, Common Core math has made its way into the NFL. We are doomed! Doomed I tell ya. :chuckle:

hawaiiansteeler
01-02-2016, 03:48 PM
That's still 6-5... (not 4-7 like Kaloby said).

Who knows what criteria he's using. That's sort of the point. The Niners are considered a "non" sub .500 team because they just happened to win week one. Whereas, a 10-5 (11-5) Chiefs team is indeed considered a sub .500 team. WTF!?!

I think that's how Kaboly comes up with 4-7.

if either you had a losing record at the time you played us or now have a losing record that team is considered by Kaboly to be a sub .500 team...

teegre
01-02-2016, 04:41 PM
I think that's how Kaboly comes up with 4-7.

if either you had a losing record at the time you played us or now have a losing record that team is considered by Kaboly to be a sub .500 team...

Ah... the worst of both worlds. :doh:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh good grief, Common Core math has made its way into the NFL. We are doomed! Doomed I tell ya. :chuckle:

:applaudit: