PDA

View Full Version : Didn't see the game. Who do you blame?

zulater
10-25-2015, 03:55 PM
I'm working, followed the game as much as I could on my phone. Hard to win a road game when you lose the turnover battle 3-0 obviously. Wasn't quite sure why DeAngelo got the ball on consecutive drive ending yard to go situations?

Burt as I didn't see it can't really say much. So what say you guys?

Steeldude
10-25-2015, 03:57 PM
The coaching and the anemic game plan. Well that is until they realized it wasn't working sometime in the 3rd quarter. By then it was too late.

People will blame Landry Jones, but this would have been far worse with Vick.

Edman
10-25-2015, 04:04 PM
This is a loss where I can't really blame anyone or slap the goat horns on anyone.

Sometimes you just get beat by another team. The Steelers were down to their third string QB making his first start, playing a desperate Chiefs team at Arrowhead on a losing streak. The Chiefs always play the Steelers hard, and they're extra tough at home.

There's really not much else to say about it.

2-2 without Ben. 4-3 record. Can't be displeased with that.

We'll get Ben back next week, and the season really begins.

- - - Updated - - -

The coaching and the anemic game plan. Well that is until they realized it wasn't working sometime in the 3rd quarter. By then it was too late.

People will blame Landry Jones, but this would have been far worse with Vick.

The coaching staff tried to take the pressure off Landry Jones, but it only put even MORE pressure on him once Kansas City got ahead and started to pull away.

Tomlin and Todd Haley clearly had no faith or confidence in Landry Jones, and the team suffered as a result.

Drazo85
10-25-2015, 04:05 PM
I'm working, followed the game as much as I could on my phone. Hard to win a road game when you lose the turnover battle 3-0 obviously. Wasn't quite sure why DeAngelo got the ball on consecutive drive ending yard to go situations?

Burt as I didn't see it can't really say much. So what say you guys?

Мark Barron

teegre
10-25-2015, 04:26 PM
Мark Barron

:applaudit:

st33lersguy
10-25-2015, 06:26 PM
The play-calling was an abomination, the defense couldn't cover and gave up too many plays, and this team once again looked lethargic against a crappy team

Butch
10-25-2015, 06:58 PM
As my son pointed out missing Tuitt really handcuffed the D. There was little to no rush most of the time and that left the 2ndary exposed.

Bad tackling was also a BIG reason we lost, the D was trying more to strip the ball with no success.

Play calling whomever called for all runs (not a single pass late in the 2nd quarter), and then ran it up the middle with DeAngelo when we were deep was insane. You may not have faith in Jones but you HAVE to mix it up.

Special teams did really good today and would get a game ball from me.

Jones had trouble with both long passes being short and short passes being to high. No way do I blame him for this loss.

This is my 2cents FWIW.

tube517
10-25-2015, 07:02 PM
I blame:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/461565926643482624/baMkfR5J.png

Because if you can't wear them right, you'll lose at poker.

fansince'76
10-25-2015, 07:03 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

teegre
10-25-2015, 07:11 PM
1. FGs instead of TDs
Bell was averaging 5.5 you... then, in the red-zone: a pass to Bryant in end-zone... which fell incomplete. Repeat. That killed any momentum. Likewise...

2. THREE turnovers
First six games: 3 turnovers
Today: 3 turnovers
The offense would gain some yards, and then a backbreaking turnover would occur.

3. Defense bent, but did break
They held the Chiefs to FGs in the first half (bend, but don't break)... but then, the defense broke in the second half.

hawaiiansteeler
10-25-2015, 07:15 PM
our offense was 2/10 on 3rd down conversions today, none after the first quarter and we lost the turnover battle 3-0.

can't win like that on the road with your 4th string QB making his first start...

zoneblitzerII
10-25-2015, 07:23 PM
The Chiefs record. Anytime Tomlin's Steelers face a sub .200 team, it's guaranteed loss week, especially on the road. I was not surprised at all.

zulater
10-25-2015, 07:59 PM
This is a loss where I can't really blame anyone or slap the goat horns on anyone.

Sometimes you just get beat by another team. The Steelers were down to their third string QB making his first start, playing a desperate Chiefs team at Arrowhead on a losing streak. The Chiefs always play the Steelers hard, and they're extra tough at home.

There's really not much else to say about it.

2-2 without Ben. 4-3 record. Can't be displeased with that.

We'll get Ben back next week, and the season really begins.

- - - Updated - - -

The coaching staff tried to take the pressure off Landry Jones, but it only put even MORE pressure on him once Kansas City got ahead and started to pull away.

Tomlin and Todd Haley clearly had no faith or confidence in Landry Jones, and the team suffered as a result.

Very reasoned post. :applaudit: I'm kinda leaning to this school of thought as well.

Next week's game worries the shit out of me. Ben figures to be rusty, his history first game back off an injury isn't good. And if we lose that game that's two home division losses which will really put us behind the 8 ball.

So I don't know. The injuries might prove to be our undoing in the end.

But if by some miracle we can come out of next week with a win and no further debilitaing injuries I think we'll be boat racing teams the last 8 games of the season.

TeeTee
10-25-2015, 08:11 PM
The Chiefs record. Anytime Tomlin's Steelers face a sub .200 team, it's guaranteed loss week, especially on the road. I was not surprised at all.

WORD.

Mojouw
10-25-2015, 09:59 PM
The defense has been on the field for basically the vast majority of the last 3 games. They are shot. That was why all the runs. Trying to get them some rest.

katmandu
10-25-2015, 10:19 PM
Bad tackling was also a BIG reason we lost, the D was trying more to strip the ball with no success.
The D couldn't tackle to save their damn lives today. Pitiful display of tackling. Really was.

TD's & Beer
10-26-2015, 09:29 AM
Cam Thomas was starting for Tuitt - start there - that's a huge dropoff - Charcharcharcandrick West gashed them all game. I think the D came out cocky and thought this would be an easy game. Chiefs spread it around and the D had no answers.

...and Haley comes out throwing bombs, calling plays like Landry was Ben, 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out - wasted a whole half with nothing to show for it - take the safe throws and run the damn ball!

86WARD
10-26-2015, 09:56 AM
The D couldn't tackle to save their damn lives today. Pitiful display of tackling. Really was.

That 40+ yard reception in the first half was the epitome of this...