PDA

View Full Version : The "This team sucks, fire everybody" thread.

Edman
10-25-2015, 02:49 PM
Use this thread to vent.

Road game in one of the toughest places to play, down to your third Quarterback making his first start ever in the NFL. Should've blown this team out 40-0.

Unrealistic expectations? Pssh. Clearly, this is Mike Tomlin's biggest strike and he needs to be fired.

EzraTank
10-25-2015, 02:56 PM
As usual Tomlin just doesn't have the team ready to play a subpar team.

polamalubeast
10-25-2015, 03:00 PM
As usual Tomlin just doesn't have the team ready to play a subpar team.

It was with Landry Jones......

- - - Updated - - -

2-2 without Ben...This is not bad....

fansince'76

Yeah, some people just don't seem to get that. Last week was Landry Jones' "Clint Longley" moment. We're damn lucky we're not 2-5 right now.

I hope to hell Ben is ready to go next week.

st33lersguy
Steelers play East Pittsburgh Youth Football Team, lose 27-24

Steeldude
10-25-2015, 03:03 PM
Horrible game plan. Jones was given better options last week vs the Cards. This week, against a lesser team, they put a leash on him. Put Murphy or Vick in with that kind of game plan.

Mach1
Can't expect to win a lot of games with a 3rd string qb.

The tackling on the other hand was horrible as usual.

Edman
Yeah, some people just don't seem to get that. Last week was Landry Jones' "Clint Longley" moment. We're damn lucky we're not 2-5 right now.

I hope to hell Ben is ready to go next week.

He will.

Anyway, there's a reason why the coaches went out to grab Michael Vick. They have even LESS faith in Jones than they did in Vick.

Can't expect to win a lot of games with a 3rd string qb.

Especially a third string QB on a leash. They put the clamps on Jones until the Steelers were down, and he started to force things once they turned him loose.

ALLD
Very little cohesiveness and less fire in the players. Less energy than Ben Carson.

polamalubeast
10-25-2015, 03:04 PM
He will.

Anyway, there's a reason why the coaches went out to grab Michael Vick. They have even LESS faith in Jones than they did in Vick.

Jones is still better than Vick.....

JayC
10-25-2015, 03:05 PM
i would have taken 2-2 without Ben if it was offered to me but i'm still fucking pissed, mostly at Tomlin.

86WARD
10-25-2015, 03:06 PM

- - - Updated - - -

2-2 without Ben...This is not bad....

I think people are understanding that it was with Jones and to be honest, 2-2 over a 4 game stretch would be what I look for out if a back up...but losing to a no win team and a one win team on a 5 game loss streak...two teams that should be wins WITH Jones is what people don't get. And then there's just the sight that the team doesn't look prepared or aware that it's tackle football week in and week out...

st33lersguy
10-25-2015, 03:06 PM
Hi, I'm Mike Tomlin and I have Directv, and I'm going against bottom feeder NFL teams Mike Tomlin, and I don't even have a television
Mike Tomlin: With Directv, I get all the games I want here
No TV Mike Tomlin: I don't even have TV, so I am going to sit here and not focus on my team's upcoming game
Mike Tomlin: I love the picture and sound quality of Directv
No TV Mike Tomlin: Uh, I don't know to do now

Steeldude
10-25-2015, 03:07 PM
Anyway, there's a reason why the coaches went out to grab Michael Vick. They have even LESS faith in Jones than they did in Vick

The reason is they cannot judge talent very well. Jones has clearly shown he is better than Vick. Vick has shown to be a poor passer for 15 long years.

teegre
10-25-2015, 03:09 PM
Can't expect to win a lot of games with a 4th string qb.

The tackling on the other hand was horrible as usual.

Slight correction. :wink02:

That second part was the killer. The defense NEEDED to hold KC to FGs.

SUMMATION:
six games... 3 turnovers
today... 3 turnovers

polamalubeast
10-25-2015, 03:10 PM
The chiefs, cards, chargers and Ravens are all better than the Steelers without Ben and the Steelers have been 2-2 in his games....

I do not understand why you are upset.....

teegre
10-25-2015, 03:12 PM
The chiefs, cards, chargers and Ravens are all better than the Steelers without Ben and the Steelers have been 2-2 in his games....

Exactly

hawaiiansteeler
10-25-2015, 03:20 PM

what are you trying to do here, introduce logic to this discussion? :chuckle:

MrPgh
10-25-2015, 03:21 PM
They don't have to fire everybody. Just cut Blake and we're good.

The Bark
10-25-2015, 03:22 PM
2-2 without Ben is about the best I could hope for, 0-2 against teams that were a combined 2-10 wasn't - but par for the course over the last few years. Here's to hoping we're not fighting for a wild card spot in last week of December.

steelreserve
10-25-2015, 03:22 PM
I don't think it's an unrealistic expectation that we could've done better than THAT. The end to the Vick experiment finally came, but we still neutered the offense and came out with plain vanilla D the whole game. That's not going to win you anything no matter who's healthy or isn't.

I also don't know what the deal is with the Boykin doghouse bullshit, but Blake has got to go. He's just been beyond bad. I don't care whether it's Boykin, or Grant off the practice squad, or some random dickhead I don't know, but it is unfathomable that we'd consider going a whole season putting up with that shit. Our DL depth is also a problem and it showed.

Shoes
10-25-2015, 03:24 PM
Besides the secondary the Steelers need a real nose tackle. McCullers is on the sideline joking and laughing while the team is losing.

hawaiiansteeler
10-25-2015, 03:26 PM
I also don't know what the deal is with the Boykin doghouse bullshit, but Blake has got to go. He's just been beyond bad. I don't care whether it's Boykin, or Grant off the practice squad, or some random dickhead I don't know, but it is unfathomable that we'd consider going a whole season putting up with that shit. Our DL depth is also a problem and it showed.

coming into this game, Pro Football Focus had Blake ranked as the 107th best CB out of 109 total CBs they ranked. after today's play, he may very well fall to #108 or 109...

MrPgh
10-25-2015, 03:27 PM
coming into this game, Pro Football Focus had Blake ranked as the 107th best CB out of 109 total CBs they ranked. after today's play, he may very well fall to #108 or 109...

After today he could easily fall to 110 out of 109.

polamalubeast
10-25-2015, 03:30 PM
2-2 without Ben is about the best I could hope for, 0-2 against teams that were a combined 2-10 wasn't - but par for the course over the last few years. Here's to hoping we're not fighting for a wild card spot in last week of December.

The Steelers have not lost the game against the Chiefs and Ravens because they were poorly prepared.

The Chiefs have a talented team, especially in defense even if they have a bad record and the Steelers would have won against the Ravens with a good kicker ...

SteelerFanInStl
10-25-2015, 03:36 PM
I don't think it's an unrealistic expectation that we could've done better than THAT. The end to the Vick experiment finally came, but we still neutered the offense and came out with plain vanilla D the whole game. That's not going to win you anything no matter who's healthy or isn't.

I agree on both points. I don't really have a problem with 2-2 without Ben but the fact that we beat the 2 good teams and lost to the terrible ones bugs the shit out of me. I'm beyond tired of losing to these shitty teams.

As far as Boykin goes, I'm to the point where i think someone just needs to punch Tomlin in the mouth for continuing to put Blake out there. I don't know how anyone can be so stupid.

hawaiiansteeler
10-25-2015, 03:41 PM
As far as Boykin goes, I'm to the point where i think someone just needs to punch Tomlin in the mouth for continuing to put Blake out there. I don't know how anyone can be so stupid.

it really would be interesting to find out the truth behind why this is happening...

tube517
10-25-2015, 03:43 PM
I agree on both points. I don't really have a problem with 2-2 without Ben but the fact that we beat the 2 good teams and lost to the terrible ones bugs the shit out of me. I'm beyond tired of losing to these shitty teams.

Actually, those two (3 including the Cheats**) losses to AFC teams may hurt in some tie-breaking procedures. That's the real part that may haunt this team in January.

st33lersguy
10-25-2015, 03:45 PM
Fire everybody, even the ballboys and the groundscrew.......except Boswell, Boswell can stay.....and Le'Veon, Le'Veon can also stay

Rotorhead
10-25-2015, 03:59 PM
I don't really have a problem with 2-2 without Ben but the fact that we beat the 2 good teams and lost to the terrible ones bugs the shit out of me. I'm beyond tired of losing to these shitty teams.

This is exactly how I feel. The way our def played today makes me not want to watch next week cause if they play that way again we will get crushed.

Steeldude
10-25-2015, 04:00 PM
This is exactly how I feel. The way our def played today makes me not want to watch next week cause if they play that way again we will get crushed.

With Jones and Blake being allowed on the field you should expect the same.

SteelMayhem72
10-25-2015, 04:14 PM

This.

Nadroj 20
10-25-2015, 07:09 PM
On the road with our 4th string QB is tough. This team needs Ben plain and simple and I don't care who's coaching. Let's not kid ourselves about the 2 wins we did get without Ben. The Chargers and Cardinals handed those games to us on a silver platter and we made enough plays to get the win in both cases. KC didn't play as poorly as SD and ARZ so they got the job done against us.

hawaiiansteeler
10-25-2015, 07:09 PM

I thought our tackling was very poor again today, especially the missed tackle by Spence on West's 36 yard run that set up the Chief's last TD...

Hawkman
10-25-2015, 09:47 PM
i would have taken 2-2 without Ben if it was offered to me but i'm still fucking pissed, mostly at Tomlin.

Of course, it all starts with him.

SteelMayhem72
10-25-2015, 09:59 PM
Whats really gonna suck is when we lose to the bengals with Ben and him being rusty

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

86WARD
10-26-2015, 12:02 AM
Oh no, no, no. Landry Jones...lol.

Edman
11-29-2015, 09:47 PM
Bump.

teegre
11-29-2015, 10:57 PM
5 wins in a row for KC.

Not it as bad of a team as we all once thought. Myself included.

st33lersguy
11-29-2015, 11:05 PM
5 wins in a row for KC.

Not it as bad of a team as we all once thought. Myself included.

Without Jamaal Charles too. Damn!

teegre
11-29-2015, 11:06 PM
Without Jamaal Charles too. Damn!

They're like the Bizarro Chiefs. :lol:

Drazo85
11-30-2015, 01:56 AM
Trade Charles. Chiefs dont need him.