PDA

View Full Version : So what happened with Cortez Allen?

stillers4me
10-25-2015, 07:40 AM
The chain of decisions that led the Steelers to shape and re-shape their future at the cornerback position from 2010-today will continue to be one of the more hotly discussed issues in Steeler Nation.

The team hasn’t invested a first round pick in the position in decades, and, considering the success of their defense overall in that time frame, along with the general availability of high-level pro cornerbacks taken in the middle rounds of drafts in the last 20 years, suggests they might not have to.

At one point, the future intersected with the present. Financial concerns led the Steelers to make a decision on the present value of Keenan Lewis vs. the future value of Cortez Allen. And the aftershock of that decision seems to be felt with each passing week.
Where it Began.............. read more @ http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/10/25/steelers-cortez-allen-contract-injured-reserve-salary-cap-keenan-lewis/

Hawkman
10-25-2015, 09:44 AM
Good clarifying article.

ETL
10-25-2015, 10:18 AM
I thought the article was going to explain why Allen started sucking so badly after his new contract.

I think he just couldn't handle the big influx of money. There was no more motivation to work harder which to me is surprising from a kid that came out the Citadel. But it was probably there the whole time - it just didn't get revealed until the big paycheck.

I bet Allen will be bankrupt within 5 years.

steelreserve
10-25-2015, 10:44 AM
What happened with Allen is that he turned out to suck. End of story. Over and out.

Shoes
10-25-2015, 11:24 AM
The same thing that happened with Sweed, Mendenhall and I'll add Adams and Worilds. They just don't have the drive, you can see when they played and you can see it their eyes.

SteelerFanInStl
10-25-2015, 11:33 AM
A lot of these athletes just can't handle the mental side of the game. They make it to the NFL based strictly on their physical abilities and never have to deal with failure.

The NFL is a completely different story. Everyone is a great athlete and it takes much more to succeed.